Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:09:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 169 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmark  (Read 622155 times)
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:28:45 PM

What about https://ghost.org/download/ or http://www.silverstripe.org/ ?

Are these any good? It's been a while since I've done any sort of web project so I'm way out of the loop.

I'd rather not do wordpress but I'm not 100% against it. But getmarked definitely has to have a wordpress plugin at some point! Think of the millions of people who use wordpress being exposed to Marks/Bitmark for the first time. It's like a faucet but for regular people who use the web. Such a massive untapped market of people not into crypto, but this gives them a way to actually use crypto without downloading anything and not risking anything yet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zandinga

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:57:49 PM

I've been digesting all the ideas and oppinions about the GetMarked funding proposal and also coinsolidation real life concearns, etc.

And, as I said, I'll be part of the process and I'll invest what I can on that side-project according to what was proposed. As soon I receive my mensal wage in about 2 or 3 days, I'll invest 0.25 BTC on GetMarked. That's all I can do for now.

Just for the record, 6 BTC equals 6 x minimum wage in my country and is a bit more them the sum of both me and my wife's mensal wages working full time as teachers in a College. This serves just as a side note to open our minds to the different real life realities we have in just a little community like ours.

So, I will treat my funding on GetMarked as a complementary 'investment' and so, I'll expect return, I mean measurable return. And I think I'm not alone here. For now, I've donate 0.03 BTC to the first expenses, I'm mining BTM with my own rigs plus 20MHash of rented rigs for almost a week, and I will put more 0.25 BTC on top of it to help GetMarked started. Some may think is not much but, it really is for me and my familly too. I beleive for some people here it's not so easy to justify to their families "hey honey, I'm gonna put more 200€ on that virtual currency stuff I'm on now ..."

Beside all the importance and possible future gains we ALL may have with the implementation of the GetMarked system, the GetMarked investors will get a share indexed to 20% of the fund. So lets see...

coinsolidation: "As a practical example, 8 BTC could ensure GetMarked's success, 6 BTC would cover all of my time for a full month, allow for budget of resources, and allow to tip the people who help. The 2 BTC would generate roughly 16,000 BTM to distribute to funders."

So, this specific investment will just pay off when 1 BTM = 50k satoshi. Now how far are we from that?
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:01:48 PM

So, this specific investment will just pay off when 1 BTM = 50k satoshi. Now how far are we from that?

Any BTM you already hold have to count as well though if you think about it. It's an investment in Bitmark over all not just contained in the ROI you'll see from the mined BTM from it.
Zandinga

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:51:58 PM

Any BTM you already hold have to count as well though if you think about it. It's an investment in Bitmark over all not just contained in the ROI you'll see from the mined BTM from it.

No. Any BTM I already hold count to my Bitmark investment - the currency. GetMarked is a service with a specific purpose. And that's why coinsolidation putted it as a separate branch of the project. GetMarked crowdfunding, from an investor perspective, should show quantificable returns, timmings, and detailed goals. Or I'd be thinking what's the gains of a GetMarked investor versus someone who don't care to put some in? Because, one thing is to contribute or donate, other is investment.

Side investments can sum big cash to the project. Donations or contributiuons will just not get people in, imho.

Again, I'm speaking as an investor, not a passionate community member, what "8 BTC to guarantee GetMarked success" mean? How can we measure this success? what is the success we're talking about? If this doesn't make sense, I'll drop it but, tbh, it makes a lot of sense to me.
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:05:39 PM

No. Any BTM I already hold count to my Bitmark investment - the currency. GetMarked is a service with a specific purpose. And that's why coinsolidation putted it as a separate branch of the project. GetMarked crowdfunding, from an investor perspective, should show quantificable returns, timmings, and detailed goals. Or I'd be thinking what's the gains of a GetMarked investor versus someone who don't care to put some in? Because, one thing is to contribute or donate, other is investment.

Side investments can sum big cash to the project. Donations or contributiuons will just not get people in, imho.

Again, I'm speaking as an investor, not a passionate community member, what "8 BTC to guarantee GetMarked success" mean? How can we measure this success? what is the success we're talking about? If this doesn't make sense, I'll drop it but, tbh, it makes a lot of sense to me.

I understand what you're saying here in general about it as an investment. But any investment in any part of Bitmark is supposed to go towards something that provides value for Bitmark overall. Which over time should increase the value of BTM. So anyone's ROI has to include their previous BTM holdings as they are inextricable. The more BTM one has the most interest they have in seeing it expand as they stand to gain the most.
Androidicus

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:32:53 PM

What about https://ghost.org/download/ or http://www.silverstripe.org/ ?

Are these any good? It's been a while since I've done any sort of web project so I'm way out of the loop.

I'd rather not do wordpress but I'm not 100% against it. But getmarked definitely has to have a wordpress plugin at some point! Think of the millions of people who use wordpress being exposed to Marks/Bitmark for the first time. It's like a faucet but for regular people who use the web. Such a massive untapped market of people not into crypto, but this gives them a way to actually use crypto without downloading anything and not risking anything yet.

Not familiar with Ghost - took a look at Silver stripe a while back but didn't 'grab me'! A lot of UK Local Authorities use it I believe...

I actually really like Joomla but haven't used it for some time. Wordpress; well to me, WP is responsible for making much of the web look, well, Wordpressy! But the plugin is a 'must have', totally agree together with an embedded html option. Consolidation will have it covered...

If I think of anything I will shout.

Failure is success waiting to happen...
82ndabnmedic

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:39:04 PM

Is there a BTC address to assist Mark with the BTC requirements of Get Marked?

Thanks

CISSP | PMP | CEH

Bitmark: Project Manager & PR Coordinator

BTC: 1FEi8MSP3ccoqLah8EcxfGZVHUViEmQfvQ

BTM: bNidDXnRu5fuD8Th7cPFh7jnPdyAhMh7Nr
coinsolidation (OP)

Activity: 294

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 06:43:46 PM

The average production cost is 1 BTM = 10k Satoshi. data
50k satoshi's correlates to a network speed of 5.5GH/s, 1% of litecoin data

Is there a BTC address to assist Mark with the BTC requirements of Get Marked?

Thanks

The same one since inception 18rai2ichzUfXG6PVmUQLNPqBjtctnVRAD

Este, I will reply to you shortly and I think it's a fabulous idea. I am happy to create plugin's for all major content management systems including any you may pick. The only language I don't know too well is python, but others will help with that.

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 07:47:31 PM

Bitmark investment

Also, don't forget that the future of GetMarked is totally open ended at this point and once the core is built the potential can really start being unlocked. As people get involved in GetMarked as a separate-but-linked system to Bitmark it might be able to be used to generate profits in other ways. See www.flattr.com for a similar example of some potential that can even be exceeded conisdering micropayments are the future of the web. And Bitcoin itself is a complete failure thus far in the microtransaction arena, and it's not going to get better anytime soon since transaction fees are just going to get worse.

Flattr has been funded 2.1m already by investors(http://www.crunchbase.com/organization/flattr ) so some smart people obviously see the potential that's there. Flattr removed the option to tip in bitcoin a while ago so the door is wide open right now.
Zandinga

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 08:03:48 PM

Bitmark investment

Also, don't forget that the future of GetMarked is totally open ended at this point and once the core is built the potential can really start being unlocked. As people get involved in GetMarked as a separate-but-linked system to Bitmark it might be able to be used to generate profits in other ways. See www.flattr.com for a similar example of some potential that can even be exceeded conisdering micropayments are the future of the web. And Bitcoin itself is a complete failure thus far in the microtransaction arena, and it's not going to get better anytime soon since transaction fees are just going to get worse.

Flattr has been funded 2.1m already by investors(http://www.crunchbase.com/organization/flattr ) so some smart people obviously see the potential that's there. Flattr removed the option to tip in bitcoin a while ago so the door is wide open right now.

I understand that. And I agree. I've just prefered the crowdfunding was made on a proper platform, outside this thread, with visibility outside the community, with all the details, goals, timmings about the development process, aswell the funders rewards or prizes stated so everybody could understand what we're aiming and when should we expect to have the basic system ready to enter production stage. Like any other crowdfunding project, I mean Smiley
82ndabnmedic

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 08:06:52 PM

Bitmark investment

Este Nuno is correct, Micro-payments & Micro-donations are one arena that Bitmark can and will dominate. The future of Bitmark is only limited by the constraints we impose on it...therefore, taking into account the substance found within the posts of our still young community, Bitmarks Future is Boundless

CISSP | PMP | CEH

pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 08:19:05 PM

Bitmark investment

I understand that. And I agree. I've just prefered the crowdfunding was made on a proper platform, outside this thread, with visibility outside the community, with all the details, goals, timmings about the development process, aswell the funders rewards or prizes stated so everybody could understand what we're aiming and when should we expect to have the basic system ready to enter production stage. Like any other crowdfunding project, I mean Smiley

Exactly, I said same before. Make it avaliable for people outside the Bitcointalk.org
Create campaign here http://coinfunder.com/ or here http://coinfunder.com/ or both.
Dev said that some % of donators BTC will be used as an investment for them, so they will get Bitmark in return. So such an campaign can be a first (or one of first?) in crowdfunding services that also will become an investment for every donator which is more attractive by definition.

Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 08:22:51 PM

This open source company type thing is going to be new, so there's lots of discussion to be had on what directions can be taken and such. Payment processing is definitely going to be a factor at some point with GetMarked so there will be opportunity for money to be made. Even if someone else creates a 3rd party company that decides to process USD to GetMarked Marks they can corner that market early. A Bitmark BitPay is something too that will have demand, and if GetMarked is the first thing that people associate with Bitmark then having these types of infrastructure systems(where a lot of the profit comes from in Bitcoin for example) connected with GetMarked in one way or the other is going to be the easiest way for people to use Bitmark as a currency.

So basically what I'm saying is there should be a lot of money to be made on of something like this, either directly or indirectly. Once people start understanding that the Marks are actually real money things will get interesting. There is lots of questions and lots of discussion still to be had but there is a lot more opportunity here than just holding Bitmarks and having the value increase. Think of how much money has gone into Bitcoin companies this year alone from VCs, last number I heard was $250 million. The investors think that there's more money to be made selling gold picks in a gold rush. Infrastructure is key.

Instead of focusing on getting people who use Bitcoin to use Bitmark something like this goes directly to a wider audience and gets people using crypto without even necessarily realising it at first. But eventually when they can pay for their Nexflix subscription or something with Marks they got from their blog it might click that Marks are money.

Yeah, we should definitely hammer out some details. Mark already seems to have what he needs to do for the first stage of the technical part down in his head. We'll discuss this more in the thread here and also in IRC where we can post transcripts here as well.

For anyone interested who hasn't seen it yet: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=bitmark

It's late now where I am though so I'll be back tomorrow.   Smiley
82ndabnmedic

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 08:29:32 PM

I agree that Bitmark should strive to reach outside of this community, however to accomplish this we must first provide a site for people to view Bitmark. As we reach out to communities we want to direct them to a site outside of this forum.

IMO - Bitmark does need crowdfunding and exposure, just not through this medium.

Peoples 1st Impression of Bitmark, must be a lasting impression.

CISSP | PMP | CEH

coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 08:40:44 PM

I'm thinking about starting a website that will use getmarked. Mainly a platform to publish articles that can be marked and also a forum that can implement getmarked as a karma system at some point.

This is a wonderful idea. May I suggest that you only do it for the following reasons.
1. to gain experience if you plan to be a web developer
2. around a subject you feel passionate about

If 2 is not the case, and 1 is, then I propose that you come on board with GetMarked and Bitmark, there are many websites which need created, and if you are learning I will be happy to spend time with you, provide support, and mentor where I can.

I foresee that many plugins and integrations will need created, and some companies will approach GetMarked to integrate it on their blog, website, forum. Or ask for freelancers to integrate it. It could be nice to start out a career being a specialist in an upcoming technology, with full references and support from them.

There will also be a need as I have said for people to take over and 'own' GetMarked, you could be one and start that journey now.

I am sorry in advance if this is not applicable to you perhaps it is applicable to somebody reading.

plug-in the GetMarked system?

We can start with the popular ones and by demand, integrating each as we go. We must make them good so that maintenance does not become too high of an overhead.

I cannot improve what you have said, so I will bold and repeat it Smiley

Think of the millions of people who use wordpress being exposed to Marks/Bitmark for the first time.
It's like a faucet but for regular people who use the web.
Such a massive untapped market of people not into crypto, but this gives them a way to actually use crypto without downloading anything and not risking anything yet.

Here we have somebody who has truly understood what is proposed, thank you Este!

Just for the record, 6 BTC equals 6 x minimum wage in my country and is a bit more them the sum of both me and my wife's mensal wages working full time as teachers in a College. This serves just as a side note to open our minds to the different real life realities we have in just a little community like ours.

The beauty of crypto is that it is not geographically targeted, the 'price-tag' value of a BTM will be the same as for you. Because your investment is so large in proportion to your income, we can hope the rewards will be too.

What you say is true. We should consider our first impressions to the outside world, it would be nice to show them something like GetMarked, not a thread in the alternative currency section of this particular website Wink

Can we reverse the situation and set unattainable targets? Then we can be featured on crowdfunding platforms but never receive any funds, free promotion and adoption.

The future of Bitmark is only limited by the constraints we impose on it... therefore, taking into account the substance found within the posts of our still young community, Bitmarks Future is Boundless

Pedantry follows...

Technically the future of Bitmark is unlimited precisely because we do impose constraints. Bitmark should be light and fast and fit for purpose, a module which is designed to be part of larger existing systems, not separate to them.
Bitmark the encompassing project becomes wholly unconstrained, as it's focus is on integration and adoption.
By placing constraints and specifying what we will not do, we enable ourselves to do many things.

GetMarked is an example of this, by removing 'bitmark' the program from the equation we open the doors to widespread adoption of the bitmark the currency, and give ourselves time to create many nice clients each with it's own specificity.

taking into account the substance found within the posts of our still young community, Bitmarks Future is Boundless
IMO - Bitmark does need crowdfunding and exposure, just not through this medium.

Soon I will not need to reply, people are already saying what I would.

Get Marked Funding Goal: 0.6/8 BTC

Zandinga

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 08:46:27 PM

I agree that Bitmark should strive to reach outside of this community, however to accomplish this we must first provide a site for people to view Bitmark. As we reach out to communities we want to direct them to a site outside of this forum.

Agree. We already have a site and the IPM pool frontend almost finished, I think. I'm sure Mark will give some feedback about it very soon.
coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 09:05:56 PM

Agree. We already have a site and the IPM pool frontend almost finished, I think. I'm sure Mark will give some feedback about it very soon.

Yes to both, and some other things to graph our network and things like that.

Soon a prototype of GetMarked too.

cryptozim

Activity: 183

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:07:07 PM

I'm thinking about starting a website that will use getmarked. Mainly a platform to publish articles that can be marked and also a forum that can implement getmarked as a karma system at some point.

This is a wonderful idea. May I suggest that you only do it for the following reasons.
1. to gain experience if you plan to be a web developer
2. around a subject you feel passionate about

If 2 is not the case, and 1 is, then I propose that you come on board with GetMarked and Bitmark, there are many websites which need created, and if you are learning I will be happy to spend time with you, provide support, and mentor where I can.

I foresee that many plugins and integrations will need created, and some companies will approach GetMarked to integrate it on their blog, website, forum. Or ask for freelancers to integrate it. It could be nice to start out a career being a specialist in an upcoming technology, with full references and support from them.

There will also be a need as I have said for people to take over and 'own' GetMarked, you could be one and start that journey now.

I am sorry in advance if this is not applicable to you perhaps it is applicable to somebody reading.

I would be interested in helping out with building websites. I mostly do Python programming, but have dabbled in a lot of different languages. I built basic websites in school (as a design major), but as a self-taught programmer, I've always been concerned about making that leap to being responsible for security.

BTC: 15h26g3SUu6iXUi1phv5FHmASc5hDeGHpJ | LSK: 840098997497226041L | CSC: cMsbRGMLzu7Ss8L7Vv6osksUyt5P322uxS
coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 09:12:26 PM

I would be interested in helping out with building websites. I mostly do Python programming, but have dabbled in a lot of different languages. I built basic websites in school (as a design major), but as a self-taught programmer, I've always been concerned about making that leap to being responsible for security.

Let us knowledge share, I know many languages but can only hack at python.

Build what you want to build, what you think may be fun. I will help, and others too.

coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 09:07:10 AM

Today there may be a significant addition to the Get Marked proposal. It is being reviewed by trusted peers now.

If the reply is that the proposal is sound, we will have to act quickly, and be prepared for a change in momentum and an unknown but positive impact.

I apologise for being vague at this time, you may want to monitor the thread for an update over the coming hours.

Get Marked Funding Goal: 0.7/8 BTC, with 0.75 BTC pledged.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 169 »
  Print  

Jump to: