Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:08:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 169 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmark  (Read 622155 times)
coinsolidation (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 04:27:04 PM

Where is my public adress ?

1. Open Wallet
2. Click "Receive"
3. Click "Request Payment", this will generate and save a new address for you.
4. copy the address and use it.

Optionally: enter a label to provide an easy to remember name for the address within bitmark-qt.

Optionally: If you are requesting a payment from from somebody then you may enter a message and an amount. No action is taken, it simply generates a new address and creates a qr code or bitmark: url with the request details in it.

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TotalPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1012

vertex output parameter not completely initialized

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 04:51:57 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2014, 05:19:58 PM by TotalPanda

Basic.
Merci   Cheesy
It's OK now.
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:53:53 PM

Are there any non-wallet address generators yet for Bitmark?
batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1147

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 10:04:38 PM

Are there any non-wallet address generators yet for Bitmark?

You mean like https://github.com/project-bitmark/inuit - its a command line crypto-currency address and private key generator, this updated version works with BTM. If you need help on using it let me know

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
neleonele

Activity: 392

member of GameCredits Dev team

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 10:17:39 PM

Loyal miners on pools,great community,cool active dev,healthy coin...

No stress with you guys,

thanks and regards

coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 10:21:51 PM

Thank you.

The thread has been a little quiet today as most people involved are spending their time creating interesting things for Bitmark, or feverishly mining, or setting up businesses around it.

We are hear watching for questions and to welcome new people in Smiley

Monsanto, we can quickly modify or create anything you need, please let me know any particular tools you like to use for other currencies and we will fork them and add Bitmark support.

Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:17:40 AM

http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=bitmark

Bitmark IRC channel too for anyone who is interested.
coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 11:17:27 AM

Milestone We have slowly reached a difficulty of 56, with an average hash rate of over 2 GH/s, there are only a handful of scrypt coins at this difficulty or higher.

Questions

Our website will have a large structure, with many resources and informative views. It will also house our discourse based community, with marking support.

The question is one of priority.

Should the website be created and put live quickly, providing a coherent informative place where people can join us and overview what Bitmark is about, with the discourse community added later?
Or perhaps we should stick with the current plan, to provide the discourse community and everything else, all at the same time?

What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?

pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:29:45 AM

Milestone We have slowly reached a difficulty of 56, with an average hash rate of over 2 GH/s, there are only a handful of scrypt coins at this difficulty or higher.

Questions

Our website will have a large structure, with many resources and informative views. It will also house our discourse based community, with marking support.

Should the website be created and put live quickly, providing a coherent informative place where people can join us and overview what Bitmark is about, with the discourse community added later?
Or perhaps we should stick with the current plan, to provide the discourse community and everything else, all at the same time?

Seems like we need both, but firstly growing discourse community is more important in my opinion. After first milestones will be reached and dynamic of community grow will rise then such a website that will serve as a discussion and information platform will be needed (Nxt done it similar as far as I remember). Firstly it could be only informative website with a forum-like tool added later imho.

batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1147

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 11:35:34 AM

Questions

I do believe a website should be created first, as I think as we speak to more people about BitMark and its projects people will find it more comfortable visiting the website than a forum, just my opinion.

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:36:11 AM

Questions

I definitely think there should be an informational page up as soon as possible. The discourse community is important but the website should not be depend on it imo.

Having bitmark.co to link to rather than a 43 page thread here is important I think. While the OP is great, some people might prefer a different format.
Zandinga

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:44:08 AM

Questions

About the network hashrate and the difficulty rise, I was expecting that about a week ago. That only shows that what we're doing is getting noticed and people, despite we've chosen not to be prematurely listed on Exchanges, are seeing the true potential of thie Bitmark project and getting all the estimated numbers proven to be right regarding the coin value.

So, everybody knows already that sooner or later they'll have to come and be part of it. And the sooner the better Wink

About the site and the getmarked powered community spot, my oppinion is we should publish the site with the IPM pool support and the already created utilities as soon as possible. We need a face. With relevant information, a good navigation system node to everything Bitmark related, with our colors, our goals, our achievments, etc. - the Bitmark home with everything the 'normal' user, even an outsider of the cryptocurrency universe, may easily understand - the fundamentals of what is Bitmark and why everybody should join us.

Then we should hit the charts. I mean Exchanges.

Then the kick start of getMarked with the 'discourse' community to serve as a community spot, ofc, but also as a getMarked lab where we will develep and experiment new services, interfaces, api's etc.

So, resuming, answering your question: We should come with what we have now if what we have now is ready and awesome!
And I know it is. Cheesy

coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 11:46:12 AM

I definitely think there should be an informational page up as soon as possible. The discourse community is important but the website should not be depend on it imo.

Having bitmark.co to link to rather than a 43 page thread here is important I think. While the OP is great, some people might prefer a different format.

I should clarify that 'discourse' is community software, something we will use as our own discussion forum on bitmark.co

Do you all feel it is wise to give priority to the creation of an informational website at bitmark.co, as zadinga said 'to give us a face', adding in later our community software? Please confirm.

soundslave

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:56:55 AM

I should clarify that 'discourse' is community software, something we will use as our own discussion forum on bitmark.co

Do you all feel it is wise to give priority to the creation of an informational website at bitmark.co, as zadinga said 'to give us a face', adding in later our community software? Please confirm.

It is very important, imho, yes. Smiley
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:03:54 PM

I do, yes.

Especially considering forking discourse and adding a completely new functionality based on a completely new invention(Marking) is a major project.

I actually had no idea that you intended(or were considering anyway) to launch the website fully complete with the fork of discourse included. In a vacuum of course having that part of the website fully functional at launch would be great, but in reality it's probably going to be a lot of time and work on your end as you know. And I think people are getting to the point where we would love to be able to just link people to bitmark.co, with or without a discussion area. Especially considering we already have this thread and IRC.
coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 12:10:17 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2014, 12:23:30 PM by coinsolidation

people are getting to the point where we would love to be able to just link people to bitmark.co, with or without a discussion area. Especially considering we already have this thread and IRC.

Okay, let us provide that then.

Please all list what you feel it is important to provide on the website, perhaps with a number 1-10 of importance beside each item.

Collaboratively defining what is required will help us not to miss anything obvious.

testadimerlo

Merit: 263

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:46:47 PM

people are getting to the point where we would love to be able to just link people to bitmark.co, with or without a discussion area. Especially considering we already have this thread and IRC.

Please all list what you feel it is important to provide on the website, perhaps with a number 1-10 of importance beside each item.

Collaboratively defining what is required will help us not to miss anything obvious.

in my view the web site should be the place where someone - especially those who doesn t know anything about crypto scene- can find these informations:
- what bitmark is
- how to use its tecnology explaining it step by step
- how to buy bitmark and to start
-support

it s all obvious. i mean a web site user oriented. Simply and easy as much is possible
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:48:07 PM

A condensed overview of what Bitmark is and what the project goals are. 10

A link to download the clients. 10

Links to the project-bitmark Github, this thread, #Bitmark IRC, the Marking document ect. 9

A FAQ covering questions that are going to be coming up in places like troll boxes soon, as well as other questions. 8

A blog. 6

I'll post more as I think of them.

cryptozim

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:59:37 PM

We need a face. With relevant information, a good navigation system node to everything Bitmark related, with our colors, our goals, our achievments, etc. - the Bitmark home with everything the 'normal' user, even an outsider of the cryptocurrency universe, may easily understand - the fundamentals of what is Bitmark and why everybody should join us.

I'm a little late, but wanted to agree with these opinions. We definitely need a website to point people to instead of a thread that was started before a lot of the final decisions on Bitmark were finalized.

1. Coin specs
2. Download links
3. Pool links
4. Other links (Github, Bitcointalk, IRC)
5. What makes Bitmark different.
6. Layman's version of the IPM project.
7. Project roadmap
8. FAQ (to steal from Este Nuno)
9. Links to projects surrounding Bitmark (GetMarked, Pfennig, ...)

BTC: 15h26g3SUu6iXUi1phv5FHmASc5hDeGHpJ | LSK: 840098997497226041L | CSC: cMsbRGMLzu7Ss8L7Vv6osksUyt5P322uxS
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:00:56 PM

Oh, another important thing but not necessarily immediately critical would be a step by step guide for people to get started with Bitmark. 6

Also, maybe even some additional guiding for people not familiar with crypto. 3(for now, more important in the future)

Media kit. 2(again, for now)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 169 »
  Print  

Jump to: