Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:46:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 169 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmark  (Read 622155 times)
johndec2

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 09:57:37 AM

Perhaps not so nice.  It's a multipool.  I notice the pool is paying out on around 120 confirms.  Brave move by the pool op.  And how long BTM stays at 124% of LTC is debatable when the multipool dumps.  A multipool is not like us, taking a long term view. They'll dump ASAP, whatever the price.

Coin added to mining pool hash-to-coins.com

Another pool, nice. Smiley

And I can see that according to the stats there mining BTM is 24% more profitable than LTC and pretty much the most profitable coin to mine out of all those scrypt coins! The only one high is FRK which sounds like Franko and I don't know if that's still active or not.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tdokta

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 10:39:03 AM

yup. was looking at that too. BTM has 721 confirms, how can it be paying out at 120? 

Perhaps not so nice.  It's a multipool.  I notice the pool is paying out on around 120 confirms.  Brave move by the pool op.  And how long BTM stays at 124% of LTC is debatable when the multipool dumps.  A multipool is not like us, taking a long term view. They'll dump ASAP, whatever the price.

And I can see that according to the stats there mining BTM is 24% more profitable than LTC and pretty much the most profitable coin to mine out of all those scrypt coins! The only one high is FRK which sounds like Franko and I don't know if that's still active or not.
neleonele

Activity: 392

member of GameCredits Dev team

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 12:37:16 PM

this thing with multipool not so nice....

Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 01:14:00 PM

this thing with multipool not so nice....

It's on BTM now and it's around 340 MH. Nothing that's going to cause any problems from what I can tell.
himikk

Activity: 220
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 01:27:54 PM

Sorry. Block maturity fixed to 721
And this is not necessary to use autoswitching. You can set any coin for your workers to mine.
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 01:48:21 PM

Perhaps not so nice.  It's a multipool.  I notice the pool is paying out on around 120 confirms.  Brave move by the pool op.  And how long BTM stays at 124% of LTC is debatable when the multipool dumps.  A multipool is not like us, taking a long term view. They'll dump ASAP, whatever the price.

And this is not necessary to use autoswitching. You can set any coin for your workers to mine.

Do you auto sell to BTC on behalf of the workers on autoswitch like coinking? It doesn't look like it but I'm not sure and I'm curious. Smiley

I was just saying to medic in IRC that it's probably a good thing because we might get some interest from miners who were not aware of Bitmark before seeing it on the auto switcher.
himikk

Activity: 220
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 01:56:28 PM

Perhaps not so nice.  It's a multipool.  I notice the pool is paying out on around 120 confirms.  Brave move by the pool op.  And how long BTM stays at 124% of LTC is debatable when the multipool dumps.  A multipool is not like us, taking a long term view. They'll dump ASAP, whatever the price.

Do you auto sell to BTC on behalf of the workers on autoswitch like coinking? It doesn't look like it but I'm not sure and I'm curious. Smiley

I was just saying to medic in IRC that it's probably a good thing because we might get some interest from miners who were not aware of Bitmark before seeing it on the auto switcher.

We do not convert coins into BTC.

Our pool is not typical autoswitcher. User has ability to set up single coin or autoswitch mode for every worker. Sometimes more than 50% users perform single coin mining.
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 02:46:05 PM

We do not convert coins into BTC.

Our pool is not typical autoswitcher. User has ability to set up single coin or autoswitch mode for every worker. Sometimes more than 50% users perform single coin mining.

Sounds good. I can see that there are quite a few different coins being mined right now from your stats listed on the page. Smiley
hyeoam

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 04:05:12 PM

Charts here: http://crypto-prices.com/BTM

Donate BTC: 1NRG17fYCNcfQvQHC3G9TUAowNKsM4oTWA
coinsolidation (OP)

Activity: 294

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 10:39:54 PM

Thank you, I am glad you managed to add without any problems or input Smiley

Thank you also, another valuable addition.

Update

1. Bitmark checkpoints updated at Block 20675, if you compile from source please update to keep your network secure.
2. Pfennig our cloneable reference implementation is ready, a mini cloning guide is on the repository wiki.
3. Bitmark support has been added to the online wallet Cryptonator, thank you to those who added.

That is a good set of updates for a single day, pool, price charts, online wallet, cloneable IR, checkpoints - Thank you all!

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 10:41:51 PM

Nice, thanks for adding. Good to see some activity here.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 10:45:11 PM

We have produced a third iteration of the bitmark branding, a combined stateful logo, iconset and prototype marking button.

Please view the Bitmark Version3 Concept for full details.

You can find more details of Project Bitmark on the wiki together with an expanded concept document which discusses all aspects of Marking.

Great Stuff. the logos look really good, have a lot of integration for the future by the look so things.

i can see the usefulness and have a plan to get it into a site that is being built at the moment. i have just sent the links through to the site developer that i work with, we have been looking for a credit system and button for setting up a buy now and reserve now system for buy/sell and local information site.

keen to work further with bitmark on this project, as i think we can integrate this mainstream fairly easily, through website membership and bitmark wallet integration. thanks

tdokta, that is exactly the type of news we like to hear. Please let us, well me, know what I can do to support you and your developer, the Marking system is under development there any requirements can be met, in fact the more requirements and input we have, the better the end result will be.

I look forward to working with you on this also.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 12:25:30 AM

I really like the logos.  Lots of new investors will really look at something they can like in a coin and a great logo goes a long way.

Cheers!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
tdokta

Activity: 159

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:06:47 AM

We have produced a third iteration of the bitmark branding, a combined stateful logo, iconset and prototype marking button.

You can find more details of Project Bitmark on the wiki together with an expanded concept document which discusses all aspects of Marking.

Great Stuff. the logos look really good, have a lot of integration for the future by the look so things.

i can see the usefulness and have a plan to get it into a site that is being built at the moment. i have just sent the links through to the site developer that i work with, we have been looking for a credit system and button for setting up a buy now and reserve now system for buy/sell and local information site.

keen to work further with bitmark on this project, as i think we can integrate this mainstream fairly easily, through website membership and bitmark wallet integration. thanks

tdokta, that is exactly the type of news we like to hear. Please let us, well me, know what I can do to support you and your developer, the Marking system is under development there any requirements can be met, in fact the more requirements and input we have, the better the end result will be.

is there a link yet for installing the donation or general marking part of the system to my website? i would like to figure out how it works a little more before taking it further out to my local community.

Mark, also i will message you at some stage with further details of the system we would like for the earlier mentioned website. we need a very simple system as there will be a lot users new to crypto
tobeaj2mer01
Legendary

Activity: 1098

Angel investor.

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:56:56 AM

@coinsolidation, I PMed you two times, can you update me the status???

Sirx: SQyHJdSRPk5WyvQ5rJpwDUHrLVSvK2ffFa
coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 02:29:14 AM

@coinsolidation, I PMed you two times, can you update me the status???

Sorry I had missed your messages when my PMs moved on to a new page. I have now seen your message and responded. Thank you for letting me know Smiley

coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 02:52:06 AM

I really like the logos.  Lots of new investors will really look at something they can like in a coin and a great logo goes a long way.

Cheers!

Thank you Vlad2Vlad, I hope they prove to be fit for purpose.

is there a link yet for installing the donation or general marking part of the system to my website? i would like to figure out how it works a little more before taking it further out to my local community.

Mark, also i will message you at some stage with further details of the system we would like for the earlier mentioned website. we need a very simple system as there will be a lot users new to crypto

The system does not exist yet, just illustrative buttons.

I can however confirm, that the functionality will be as simple to use as is illustrated by the button prototypes. So far the system is going to be developed for the bitmark community website, a donation button for a charity, and also a payment button for a service, simultaneously. With your requirements added to the mix, it should ensure a good first version.

I look forward to receiving your message.

82ndabnmedic

Activity: 247

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 04:01:49 AM

Cheers!

Thank you, we value your input.

I will take this opportunity to remind 'Potential Investors' that Project Bitmark has no Pre-mine and no-IPO. With the implementation of 'Marking', Bitmark offers a tangible vision for the future which far exceeds the ambitions of other currencies.

Please consider supporting Project Bitmark, so that it may reach its full potential. Donation address can be found on page 1 of this thread, Thank You.

CISSP | PMP | CEH

Bitmark: Project Manager & PR Coordinator

BTC: 1FEi8MSP3ccoqLah8EcxfGZVHUViEmQfvQ

BTM: bNidDXnRu5fuD8Th7cPFh7jnPdyAhMh7Nr
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:11:59 AM

Anyone interested in exploring the idea of having prepaid cards that contain access to cryptocurrenies? The idea came up in an ORA thread which is a separate PoS project but it's an interesting area to research as it can be mutually beneficial.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=718077.msg8279931#msg8279931

Eventually having people able to buy Marks/BTM in a shop would be quite good for adoption I think so it's something worth looking into.
coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 11:22:56 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2014, 11:34:11 AM by coinsolidation

Anyone interested in exploring the idea of having prepaid cards that contain access to cryptocurrenies? The idea came up in an ORA thread which is a separate PoS project but it's an interesting area to research as it can be mutually beneficial.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=718077.msg8279931#msg8279931

Eventually having people able to buy Marks/BTM in a shop would be quite good for adoption I think so it's something worth looking into.

Yes it is a good idea, people are already working on this in relation to Bitmark, for example a fellow who works for a corporate cerification company is working on models to give away plastic cards preloaded with Bitmarks/Marks as corporate gifts to certification achievers. The use cases being considered so far are:

1. Preloaded plastic cards which contain denominations of Bitmark.
2. Bitmark's as customer loyalty rewards.
3. Bitmarks as corporate gifts.

There is a trello card for this and also further writing on the Marking wiki. See 'Corporate Gifts and Customer Loyalty / Rewards' and 'Corporate Prizes for Customers'.

Quote from: Marking Wiki
Corporate Gifts and Customer Loyalty / Rewards
Corporations often offer loyalty rewards to customers, rewards could take the form of Marks, which give the customer both Reputation and Money. Marks may also be used as a form of cashback.

Physical Marks or Mark Gift Cards may need to be created, a redeemable card (plastic wallet) preloaded with a quantity of Marks, perhaps refillable as a loyalty card.

Cards such as these, or physical objects which have been markified, armed with an amount of marks in some way, may be given as corporate gifts.

Corporate Prizes for Customers
Often confectionery producers run competitions, where you find a code inside the wrapper and log on to the website to find out if you had one.

These codes could be swapped for private keys, where each one can be added by the customer to claim a number of Marks which have been allocated to that key.

Alternatively the existing model could be kept which has branding benefits for the company, but instead of giving away a free candy bar they give away marks to the value of the prize.

Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 169 »
  Print  

Jump to: