Bitcoin Forum
March 30, 2024, 03:58:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 169 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmark  (Read 622148 times)
coinsolidation (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 01:44:31 AM

Added Coin Finance, Cryptonator, and Cryptrader to the OP.

The block explorer may change or break over the next few hours, I am working on it.

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
82ndabnmedic

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 02:01:33 AM
Last edit: August 17, 2014, 02:42:24 AM by 82ndabnmedic

Added Coin Finance, Cryptonator, and Cryptrader to the OP.

The block explorer may change or break over the next few hours, I am working on it.

Thanks Mark - These 3 additions are of great benefit to the Bitmark Community

The BTM graph on CryptTrader.com looks promising  Grin

CISSP | PMP | CEH

Bitmark: Project Manager & PR Coordinator

BTC: 1FEi8MSP3ccoqLah8EcxfGZVHUViEmQfvQ

BTM: bNidDXnRu5fuD8Th7cPFh7jnPdyAhMh7Nr
coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 03:16:50 AM

[04:08] <PfennigFTW> what are you working on next?
[04:08] <@MarkPfennig> currently updating the block explorer to look more like the new website, then finishing the website and ipm pool together, integrated the UIs
[04:08] <@MarkPfennig> then mid week hopefully move on to marking!
[04:09] <@MarkPfennig> oh and between that some little tools we need, I want to add some wallet functionality to the website, not as a wallet, but the ability to sweep private keys and suchlike
[04:10] <@MarkPfennig> so enter a private key and a btm address, and have all funds from the key moved to the new address, then that opens the door to gift cards and stickers with encoded private keys on them as qr codes and the like
[04:12] <@MarkPfennig> it would allow us to send currency easily too with an url, bitmark.co/sweep?key=whatever&msg=here+are+your+funds+from+bob
[04:12] <@MarkPfennig> they click it and up comes a screen saying enter your address, and help to get a client or link to some web wallet, and they just enter a btm address and are done
[04:12] <@MarkPfennig> we can layer more on top after
[04:12] <@MarkPfennig> but that's something quick that has lots of scope I feel
[04:13] <PfennigFTW> that's exciting! being able to send with a url  is awesome
[04:13] <@MarkPfennig> should be really quick to do, and no server side anything, I can do it the same as say brainwallet transactions page, using a javascript library

Androidicus

Activity: 339

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 07:11:27 AM
Last edit: August 17, 2014, 01:23:48 PM by Androidicus

Problems on miningpool.com? de3 down - us4 seems live but not sure?

Update 14:22 Switched to xhash for time being as strange stats coming back from miningpool - hope gets sorted soon.

Failure is success waiting to happen...
dimfot

Activity: 275

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 01:39:57 PM

is there any live difficulty indicator? when retarget happens(remaining blocks) i know it retargets every 720 but i wanted something that shows the remaining blocks until next retarget.

Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 01:44:44 PM

is there any live difficulty indicator? when retarget happens(remaining blocks) i know it retargets every 720 but i wanted something that shows the remaining blocks until next retarget.

We have a bot in IRC that has all those statistics. http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=bitmark

Also I'm sure the website will have something of the sort since the API's are already done. If not on the launch then probably shortly after since it's something that wouldn't take very long(I think anyway).
82ndabnmedic

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 02:44:31 PM

•   I would like to remind everyone that mining is most efficient when conducted over extended time periods. You will average more BTM over 2 - 3 days, then you will with short mining bursts with high hash.
•   Doing so will provide a healthier network for the community, while avoiding large difficulty fluctuations

CISSP | PMP | CEH

batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1147

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 04:02:00 PM

Just to say nice job with the block explorer skin.

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 04:03:20 PM

is there any live difficulty indicator?

There is on the new website, I created that bit last night.

Published the newly skinned block explorer together with API details. It will be staying on port 3000 for the short term future, a few weeks at least, until everything is migrated from apache to nginx.

Difficulty on network is high, hash rate has halved, the market has dropped a little but not so much. I think just enough such that the blocks mined yesterday at a huge hashrate will have their reward profitability decreased by the time the rewards are matured and able to be sent to market. Mining profitability on the short term really doesn't work with such a long maturity, I'd recommend ignoring such figure in future for the best performance of both network and miner investment.

edit: batesresearch, thank you. The website is far smarter, I hope you'll agree Smiley

If anybody else would like to take up the funding offer a combined total of 5.5 BTC interest bearing and guaranteed developer loans are still required to help me work on this full time for the foreseeable future.

Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:10:36 PM

is there any live difficulty indicator?

There is on the new website, I created that bit last night.

Published the newly skinned block explorer together with API details. It will be staying on port 3000 for the short term future, a few weeks at least, until everything is migrated from apache to nginx.

Difficulty on network is high, hash rate has halved, the market has dropped a little but not so much. I think just enough such that the blocks mined yesterday at a huge hashrate will have their reward profitability decreased by the time the rewards are matured and able to be sent to market. Mining profitability on the short term really doesn't work with such a long maturity, I'd recommend ignoring such figure in future for the best performance of both network and miner investment.

edit: batesresearch, thank you. The website is far smarter, I hope you'll agree Smiley

If anybody else would like to take up the funding offer a combined total of 5.5 BTC interest bearing and guaranteed developer loans are still required to help me work on this full time for the foreseeable future.

Yes, the block maturity time seems to be working out well and helping with stability so far. Good idea on your part. Smiley
coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 11:21:58 PM

I have realised that this project may impede me yet again.

It is becoming apparent that the majority of you will not let go of your BTM, and that each time something is said or released, it further cements your convictions.

This week we will be releasing the Website with tools and the IPM Pool, combined as one. There are also two interviews going out, and then a feature in a weekly newsletter.

Quite simply it may be the case that demand will increase, pushing the price-tag up, possibly making it difficult for me to acquire the BTM to secure any further developer loans, or if I did acquire the BTM then the price would need to double again from my average acquisition price at that time.

The price is already up 65% from when I made the offer, and demand is outstripping supply, after releasing things this week it may be another 65%, and then I/we would need to produce work which doubled or more it's value from there within 45 days. If you follow the calculations and assume an average acquisition price that ends up in requiring a lift of four or five times the current price-tag, and 500% more than when I made the offer three days ago.

If this week goes as it appears it will, and then I receive another offer I may be forced to decline. I can say reasonably that yes I am comfortable working to double the value from around where we are now, but perhaps not from where will be at the end of the week.

If anybody is considering funding me, please take the above in to account.

This is becoming quite a pain, I just want to work, and do not want to have a thread full of this topic.

On a positive note, thank you to the two people who already provided loans, the above has a very good outlook for you.

Mark

coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 02:03:14 AM

So now we're already 250% up on when I posted. I think funding may now be impossible Sad

82ndabnmedic

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 04:20:46 AM

So now we're already 250% up on when I posted. I think funding may now be impossible Sad

Funding is still possible if our community can come together and provide donations. Mark you have brought us together and this is the least we can do for you. Besides, donations will facilitate your ability to continue working hard for us "Protect Bitmark" and our future Marking initiative.

I hope the community sees the value in Donating the required Funds. Mark's work is a direct reflection of BTM's earned value. By funding the project you are also directly funding your personal BTM investments.

CISSP | PMP | CEH

neleonele

Activity: 392

member of GameCredits Dev team

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 10:02:01 AM

Funding is still possible if our community can come together and provide donations. Mark you have brought us together and this is the least we can do for you. Besides, donations will facilitate your ability to continue working hard for us "Protect Bitmark" and our future Marking initiative.

I hope the community sees the value in Donating the required Funds. Mark's work is a direct reflection of BTM's earned value. By funding the project you are also directly funding your personal BTM investments.

If we(miners with 15mhs and more) all give just ONE BTM per day to the foundation,thats it!
That is possible and 1BTM doesnt make us reach......

So people lets donate to this great project....

Regards to all

johndec2

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:11:08 PM

How about this for a fund raising idea. Either an official pool where all the profits go to Mark or failing that make an agreement with one of the existing pools to allow us to have an option in our account to donate a % of our coins to the foundation (on top of the existing pool fee).

As an example, say xHash allows us to donate 0.5% on top of their 1% pool fee.  They lose nothing, in fact they probably gain a heap of hashpower as we would all mine there, which equals more profits. A win-win situation.  If the idea flies, please make it an mpos pool, I hate the lack of stat feedback in nomp pools.
neleonele

Activity: 392

member of GameCredits Dev team

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 12:25:53 PM

How about this for a fund raising idea. Either an official pool where all the profits go to Mark or failing that make an agreement with one of the existing pools to allow us to have an option in our account to donate a % of our coins to the foundation (on top of the existing pool fee).

As an example, say xHash allows us to donate 0.5% on top of their 1% pool fee.  They lose nothing, in fact they probably gain a heap of hashpower as we would all mine there, which equals more profits. A win-win situation.  If the idea flies, please make it an mpos pool, I hate the lack of stat feedback in nomp pools.

That is fair.Please vote.

Androidicus

Activity: 339

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:32:29 PM

Edit: Mark's response hit just before mine and, of course, refers to the IPM.

If we(miners with 15mhs and more) all give just ONE BTM per day to the foundation,thats it!
That is possible and 1BTM doesnt make us reach......

So people lets donate to this great project....

Regards to all

Firstly, as I see it; what Mark really needs is cold hard BTC to pay bills, meet expenses etc. to enable him to throw all his time at making Bitmark what it deserves to be. Passing 1 BTM each miner is an honourable proposal but I do not believe this is what Mark truly requires.

As an example, say xHash allows us to donate 0.5% on top of their 1% pool fee.  They lose nothing, in fact they probably gain a heap of hashpower as we would all mine there, which equals more profits. A win-win situation.  If the idea flies, please make it an mpos pool, I hate the lack of stat feedback in nomp pools.

Another good idea but for the fact that we should really continue to spread our mining across the active pools.

Failure is success waiting to happen...
82ndabnmedic

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:37:24 PM

Neleonele - Great Idea, Thank you

As an example, say xHash allows us to donate 0.5% on top of their 1% pool fee.  They lose nothing, in fact they probably gain a heap of hashpower as we would all mine there, which equals more profits. A win-win situation.  If the idea flies, please make it an mpos pool, I hate the lack of stat feedback in nomp pools.

Great, thank you. Perhaps we can add this to the IPM. Let us ascertain if this is a viable option.

In the meantime, I shall lead by example. Below is Mark’s BTM address. I have just sent 50 BTM to him. Here is the Transaction ID: f614b97ff7d0cd279eddb49dd1a3b88da29aeb509c8cfe771d7ded51596d8a91

Mark’s BTM address: bTcCTUjkBCD5mvVsWquJTvGTv2xxiDaLzt

CISSP | PMP | CEH

coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 12:46:41 PM

As an example, say xHash allows us to donate 0.5% on top of their 1% pool fee.  They lose nothing, in fact they probably gain a heap of hashpower as we would all mine there, which equals more profits. A win-win situation.

Good idea, It's already created and going out this week.

The IPM Pool has two little sliders, one to donate a percentage of BTC to current development, and the other to donate a percentage of BTM for future development. On the reverse side miners who sign up can choose a BTM percentage donation which goes to the foundation too.

The BTM sliders have minimum amounts, the BTC one is totally optional.

I am unconcerned about having a well funded foundation with lot's of BTM, we have set things up in such a way that it's easily achievable. The problem is more me personally these first few months.

If the idea flies, please make it an mpos pool. I hate the lack of stat feedback in nomp pools.

Yes, this has taken quite some time to produce all the charts and stats needed, NOMP is quite bare to begin, but much more stable technically.

Price looks a little healthier today, perhaps comfortable taking on some more very much needed developer loans

johndec2

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:52:46 PM

I thought the IPM was for people who didn't have hashpower and rented hash through the IPM.  What about people like me that don't have to rent hash?  Hence the pool idea.
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 169 »
  Print  

Jump to: