Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:59:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are you selling your WAS or buying more?
Buying, to participate in stake. - 4 (10.3%)
Selling, to cash in from v1. - 10 (25.6%)
Holding, to collect more WAS! - 25 (64.1%)
Total Voters: 39

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][WAS][WeAreSatoshi] | X11 | Hybrid PoS/PoW | Trading on C-Cex.com  (Read 42558 times)
brian_nguyen
Legendary

Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:46:16 PM

I'd like to be clear that I'm not sure the best thing to do with the 58 million WAS that I am holding.  I wasn't planning on continuing any of the match donations, or the other initiatives that MrBrew was working on, until a plan was organized.  I'd say a better place to start would be discussing what we should do with the WAS fund.  I'd be happy to post a poll if you guys want to present options.  Some things to think about would be: is it held in WAS or traded for BTC?, is it dispersed in WAS or BTC?, what is it used for (bounties, match donations, funding events), and who approves of a worthy cause???

Until we have a defined plan, I'd like to hold off on taking more donations or doing anything with that fund.  We need to find the true market value of the coin.  Are we sitting on $100 or $100,000?  We really don't know yet.

Fair enough, I want to say we are sitting on $100,000,000 and everything has to be in WAS because it'll have no meaning going to BTC  Smiley
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AmericanComputerNerd (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

"Change is the only constant." -Heraclitus

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 04:00:14 PM

I want you to start to answer those questions though Brian.  You seem to be passionate about this coin and helping others.  What is your vision?  I'm not saying let's hold on everything, we just need to get organized.  We are in the public eye and need to make sure we don't open ourselves up to negative perceptions.

As far as the value.  I know we have at least 58 million WAS to work with...  At 1 satoshi that is .58 BTC, at 10 satoshi that is 5.8 BTC, and at 100 satoshi that is 58 BTC...  Our trade value will make a big difference in what we can do!
brian_nguyen
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:18:51 PM

I want you to start to answer those questions though Brian.  You seem to be passionate about this coin and helping others.  What is your vision?  I'm not saying let's hold on everything, we just need to get organized.  We are in the public eye and need to make sure we don't open ourselves up to negative perceptions.

As far as the value.  I know we have at least 58 million WAS to work with...  At 1 satoshi that is .58 BTC, at 10 satoshi that is 5.8 BTC, and at 100 satoshi that is 58 BTC...  Our trade value will make a big difference in what we can do!

I'd love to see WAS as a primary method of donation for a 503c where people can donate for a cause (even anonymously) and without having trouble of going through BTC / exchanges sorta like the "Donate via CoinPayment.net" and the recipients can use WAS to buy tangible goods.
ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 03:00:42 AM

when go to exchange?

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 03:21:22 AM

when go to exchange?

When we can find one to host us!  We're working on it now.   Smiley
Ratters

Activity: 434
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:15:40 AM

when go to exchange?

This is a great example of people expecting others to do all the work.

The maintenance of the coin is the DEVs responsibility.

The publicity for the coin is Everybody’s responsibility.

Work for your coin and your coin will work for you.

I've only seen 2 Tweets so far and one of them was from AmericanComputerNerd

You take the time to post here you may as well Re-Tweet

@BittrexExchange @wearesatoshi @BtcRat #WAS Coin Revival Team

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 11:02:11 PM

I wish there was more we could do other than promote a website that may or may not list us.  Honestly, I'm a bit put off that Bittrex support hasn't responded to any of the tweets, or my PM.

We may want to consider other options...  Does anyone have any relationships with exchanges, or any outside of the box ideas???

Don't take this comment too negatively...  We should still press forward, but it may be a good exercise to develop a plan B.

Thoughts?
lin0sspice
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 02:29:20 AM

https://rockytrade.net
Palth.net

COntact them please.
They may consider to add WAS Smiley

Website
Whitepaper
Discord
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░▄██████▄░░░░░░░░███
███▄░░░░░░▄████████▄░░░░░░▄███
████░░░░░▄██████████▄░░░░░████
████░░░░▄████████████▄░░░░████
░██████░░▀██████████▀░░███████
░███████░░░▀██████▀░░░████████
░████████▄░░░▀██▀░░░▄████████
░█████████▄░░░░░░░░▄███████░░░
░░█████████▄░░░░░░▄███████░░░░
░░░░██████████▄▄████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░████████████████░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░░░░░░
VELOX PROJECT
The Future of Anonymous Trading
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░▄██████▄░░░░░░░░███
███▄░░░░░░▄████████▄░░░░░░▄███
████░░░░░▄██████████▄░░░░░████
████░░░░▄████████████▄░░░░████
░██████░░▀██████████▀░░███████
░███████░░░▀██████▀░░░████████
░████████▄░░░▀██▀░░░▄████████
░█████████▄░░░░░░░░▄███████░░░
░░█████████▄░░░░░░▄███████░░░░
░░░░██████████▄▄████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░████████████████░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░░░░░░
Latest News
Twitter
Telegram
[/tab
MrBrew

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:28:03 AM

Palth.net

COntact them please.

Yes log into RockyTrade and post in chat to add WAS.   

http://Teacoin.net TEA http://Bittrex.com (Official Teacoin Exchange)

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 04:31:49 AM

Palth.net

COntact them please.

Yes log into RockyTrade and post in chat to add WAS.   

I signed up for an account and went in to their IRC, no one was in chat...  I don't see a form or email.  Anyone know how to contact these guys?  I do like the simple layout of the site.   Good suggestion. Smiley
tom14cat14

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:32:50 AM

Go to all coin. And talk about WAS in the chat.

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 07:56:09 AM

Great News!  In the wee hours of the morning (at least in US), WeAreSatoshi was listed on https://rockytrade.net/index.php?page=trade&market=136!  This is great news for us! 

For the time being, what I would like to do is focus on RockyTrade.net as our sole exchange while we build volume.  There is no reason to pursue multiple exchanges until there is a significant amount of trade.

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 08:13:30 AM

All of the exchange information is now added to the OP!  Great job everyone!  Exciting times.   Grin

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 03:11:02 PM

All of the exchange information is now added to the OP!  Great job everyone!  Exciting times.   Grin

The exchange is looking sort of one-sided...  Any ideas to raise demand for the coin?
tom14cat14

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:39:29 PM

The exchange is looking sort of one-sided...  Any ideas to raise demand for the coin?

Need some kind of huge promotion. Not sure if paid ads would work or some kind of give away. Like we will give a miner away but you have to buy entries for 100 WAS per entry. Something like that maybe would work. Make it an item people would want then those coins could help pay for the item. Do a weekly drawing like cryptsy does with their points. First item or 2 might be a loss but after that if they are good items people would buy to have a chance to win. And it would drive up price.
brian_nguyen
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 05:25:35 PM

Please remove your sale at 1-4 sat. This coin was at 14 sat at one point. If you're dumping at 1 it's going to be hard to return to the previous price.

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 06:09:25 PM

Please remove your sale at 1-4 sat. This coin was at 14 sat at one point. If you're dumping at 1 it's going to be hard to return to the previous price.

Someone with deep pockets should just swoop in and buy those up, especially if there is high level of confidence the dumping miners have us under valued.  I also love the raffle for an ASIC, or something, idea...

If I open a BTC donation address, would people donate to a WAS fund to go towards an ASIC?

I will say that if we're not careful, we're going to be listed in a WAS / LTC category...
brian_nguyen
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:28:00 PM

Raffle, BTC donation, I'm in. How about a Twitter follower or Bitcointalk signature giveaways? No No LTC market  Sad

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 06:45:13 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2014, 07:04:44 PM by AmericanComputerNerd

Raffle, BTC donation, I'm in. How about a Twitter follower or Bitcointalk signature giveaways? No No LTC market  Sad

I don't think a giveaway is going to work.  Based on current demand, there is too much WAS in circulation.  What we should probably do is collect BTC donations for an ASIC, then collect and destroy WAS (or hold it indefinitely) for raffle tickets.

BTC Address - 1EAfjkHp8EprXz82FnthjiadFLvXL7z1Ls

Donations to this address will go towards increasing demand for WAS.  First initiative, to purchase a desirable SHA256D ASIC, that will be raffled off.  The WAS will either  be destroyed or absorbed in to the community fund and held indefinitely.  The second initiative, would be to stimulate trade by buying under-valued WAS and either destroying it or placing it in the community fund.
tom14cat14

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:53:15 PM

I think listing an item for a raffle would be great. Maybe 5k was per entry. This will make people want to buy up WAS which will raise price. This increases awareness also. I am not sure we should expect someone to destroy or hold these coins. Those coins will need to be sold to fund new giveaways. As long as interest grows it can handle coins being resold.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: