Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:23:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SC] SilkCoin - Takeover and Rebuilding Discussion/Proposal  (Read 60561 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
lartiste

Activity: 283
Merit: 118

ETH 0xA9E06eaDc901737326237490C94B253e9876D743

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:39:55 PM

you working on a new concept of " Eco systeme " ?

Anonymity must be integrated

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:41:35 PM

One question about this restructure. Are any of the original DEV's going to be involved in this restructure (take-over) and will it be based upon the document that guy wrote on "Silky"? I understand rumor going around that he was part of the original scam. Please clarify. I think as long as Minpal and Cryptsy are good with the coin, it will continue to have promise, but I need to get a little more involved in understand who is operating this new structure.

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
sofu
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085

Degenerate Crypto Gambler

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:44:16 PM

Any idea when wallet will work again? want to move some coins between exchanges

BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 01:44:26 PM

I'm going to be honest...as for now this coin has a terrible name and many investors have lose some big bucks in it. If you want to revive this coin, and i hope you do, please make sure you do a come back with something nice in the wallet...like the exchanger. I'm happy to invest in it, but for now i think this coin is doomed to fail. That's because of the story behind it and the fuzz what's going around now.

I will follow this thread...but be wise and bring it back with a big boom.

If you keep talking like this investors stay away indeed. Please stay positive in this topic or read this forum about coins that got another dev team and are more succesful then before. A proper dev gives a coin a big boost  not to mention the trust by the community. I have more trust with this dev onboard and reviving the coin to bring then starting another shit clone by someone that thinks he can code. Remember that many people got burned by this coin and you show absoluty NO support for those. This coin willbe bigger then before

Sorry, what are you talking about? I give absolute no support for this coin? I am not going to stay positive in this forum, because i want to say what i need to say. I am not going to change my opinion because you want that. This coin has a bad name since yesterday and it is going to be a pump and dump coin from now on. Bring back the coin with a big bang and i am going to support it. For now, i don't.

And don't tell me that i talk negative. I'm telling the truth, that's it.
Bitcoinasourus

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:52:28 PM

I want to buy back into SC, but when is a good time?
Will prices fall further when bittrex opens up trading again?

For what it's worth I just picked up 250,000 on MintPal. Like bholzer said the cancer has been removed from this project now. I know you guys hate me so I will keep my presence to a minimum  Smiley

If you did't force the opinion on people i am sure they would't hate you. You speak truths, so you can't be written off but your methods of communication are a bit gritty mate. I for one got tired of reading the 5 paragraph replies analyzing everything anyone said..
Anyhow, water under the bridge.

Lets get down to rebuilding this mother!

I will be more than happy to offer some funding for this. When do we get a donation address?

What is everyone thinking for a goal? the 8 btc?

Could use those funds to buy up cheap coins to establish a new "silk fund" for the future dev team. I hate to say it but most people need incentive to keep on working. Not many work for free.
That's the only problem I see, atm.

Edit:
Also what about the domain? If previous dev doesn't give it up, we need another.
Bitcoinasourus

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:53:49 PM

One question about this restructure. Are any of the original DEV's going to be involved in this restructure (take-over) and will it be based upon the document that guy wrote on "Silky"? I understand rumor going around that he was part of the original scam. Please clarify. I think as long as Minpal and Cryptsy are good with the coin, it will continue to have promise, but I need to get a little more involved in understand who is operating this new structure.

if ANYONE from the orig team is back on this team. I am OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sure I am not alone.

That should be a warning to anyone taking over.
Kaliber1

Activity: 60

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:55:09 PM

I already have all the investors.
shimlbit
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:01:09 PM

silk 1580sat on bittrex..i bought yesterday at 450 Cheesy
but i will hold strong
i made big profit so i can hold with losing money
Grifftech2k4

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:01:34 PM

Thank you so much, I am completely behind this and will help fund as much as possible!
Bitcoinasourus

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:01:42 PM

I already have all the investors.

So, that solves that.

When does work start? lol  Grin

Though I should mention I have a ddos protected server I could lend as a node perhaps. It is hosting an active forum so I can't take over the whole box.

ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 02:02:19 PM

it's really good news for silkcoin
hope new team can fix the bug

There will be no issues resolving the bugs. If I wasn't 100% certain we could handle the issue in a swift and effective manner, I wouldn't have volunteered myself for this position.

Going beyond that, the new clients will be rebuilt from the ground-up using the latest Bitcoin Core 0.9.2.1 source as a base. I have recently transitioned my own coin, Murraycoin, over to the 0.9 source as well. All security issues and bugs will be resolved and all of the latest features implemented in the Bitcoin Core project will now be available in SilkCoin as well. This will be a major upgrade and put SilkCoin in an exclusive class of coins incorporating all of the latest improvements and features available. I have been a software developer for over fifteen years; I am an active contributor to the Bitcoin Core project and I also maintain Murraycoin. In addition to crypto projects, I am the co-founder of SnapAppointments, a cloud-based business-to-business scheduling service. You let me worry about the development of the coin itself - you guys will all play an important part in this in other ways.

I will begin working on the new client immediately tomorrow even before we begin all of the other steps. My first goal is to get the new source code completed so we can get it over to all of the exchanges and ensure SilkCoin is back online as soon as possible. If anybody would like to update the major exchanges with that information for me, I would appreciate it (good to keep them in the loop and one less thing for me to worry about). I have been in this game a while and know several of the exchange operators so feel free to refer them to this thread if they have any doubts over the future of SilkCoin. After the source is complete, posted to GitHub, and delivered to the exchanges I will begin completing and releasing the Qt wallets as outlined in my original post over the following few days. The initial Qt releases may be more boring in appearance than the old versions; function over fashion initially, guys - I promise you will be happy with the end result but we need something in between to get everybody updated to the latest version as quickly as possible. If this upgrade will require a hardfork for any reason, I will communicate that with the community beforehand. My top priority is getting things fixed and getting the exchanges handled; once that is taken care of we can work on the fundraising process, assembling the new team, and our strategy going forward.

I will get us there as quickly as possible. This is officially my last post of the evening as I need to get some sleep; like I said before, continue to discuss things and bounce ideas around and I will be back tomorrow to summarize everything in another update.

We're good to go, guys.

Edit: If anybody was curious about my time zone to help determine availability, I am located in the United States in Seattle, WA which is currently PDT (GMT - 7:00).

Wow this is really awesome! You are the man bholzer!!  Smiley
I'm definitely in  Grin
I had a lot of faith in the old dev but I guess everyone have their reasons for doing what they do.
But this here is something else entirely. You exude confidence and leadership and I have absolutely no trouble believing that you can really follow through with your plans  Cool
Very reassuring to have someone like you at the head of the new SilkCoin team. I can see SC value bouncing back with a vengeance in the not too distant future!  Smiley
Bitcoinasourus

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:02:57 PM

but i will hold strong

Your name is pretty close to the last dev.
Grifftech2k4

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:04:23 PM

How long do you expect it will take to get the new wallet to the exchanges so they will open up SC so I can get my deposits back that are in limbo?
shimlbit
Legendary

Activity: 1302

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:07:35 PM

but i will hold strong

Your name is pretty close to the last dev.

haha but im not! i have no ideas of coding or something!im in crypto since 3 month...i support some coins but if im a developer i had my own coin for sure!

my name : (shiml) (bit) =shiml is my nickname since 10 years and bit means bitcointalk btw
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:17:37 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2014, 02:27:52 PM by WhiteNotWright

Based on your involvement as lead engineer of coin growth and development, I am feeling very comfortable. Just read through all your most recent post and did some investigative work to ensure you are who you are without a doubt. As long a you remain in this position, we are going to do great things. Most of the heavy lifting is complete and I would not change the name. You don't change the name of a county when you lose a few battles, only when you lose the war. This coin only went bottom because gorillamouth and Megatroll plastered their warnings in an unethical way (although appreciated). I like this coin because it trades very well, regardless of the ECO system. So having the exchanger inside the wallet would be brilliant --even more so on my smart phone!

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
remistevens

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:20:31 PM

When things are getting closer, I can create a promo video for the re-launch/branding. If there was pay in SC, I could do the work fast and give it all my best. I can add a live spokesperson, script writing, original artwork. I'll do revisions working with the community. . . But if there is no pay, I could still do something simpler to help. I'll be honest, I wanted to buy SC earlier, but wouldn't pay what it was worth - but last night I finally picked some up.

The video I did for Riecoin
http://vimeo.com/87464754

A video I produced for Pennies CENT coin:
https://vimeo.com/87444315
(I know I know, lost cause. - Also a PoS coin where everything went wrong)

An animated green screen video I filmed and edited:
http://vimeo.com/96951735

Also I'm easy to look up. So if someone needs to beat me for making a shitty video that is do-able.
ifxist

Activity: 74

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:29:27 PM

First of all, as soon as possible to repair the wallet!

If your wallet is still crashing, please installed the previous version below:

hiddensphinx
Legendary

Activity: 1457

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:57:16 PM

So is it certain the old dev will hand over the 8BTC and the plan can go on?

fuck the old devs..i will pledge BTC myself!!!

Take your Bitcoin and Altcoin trading strategy to another level with Trade Santa! - https://tradesanta.com/en/site/set-referral-cookie?referral_id=111843
burner2014

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:07:49 PM

Guys can we have a recap?

1. What about the wallet issue? We have a Dev to make it work again?

2. Who is taking over the Lead at Silkcoin? Lets support him.

3. What about the 8 BTC from @Silkcoin is he willing to give them to the community?

Thanks.

Cheers,

Chris
Grifftech2k4

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:14:31 PM

Guys can we have a recap?

1. What about the wallet issue? We have a Dev to make it work again?

2. Who is taking over the Lead at Silkcoin? Lets support him.

3. What about the 8 BTC from @Silkcoin is he willing to give them to the community?

Thanks.

Cheers,

Chris

Dude, read the first page Smiley All your answers lie within! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=664918.msg7502689#msg7502689
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: