Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 02:19:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SC] SilkCoin - Takeover and Rebuilding Discussion/Proposal  (Read 60561 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bholzer (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 10:09:47 PM

this worked out really good for pink coin so good luck. I wonder why you just wouldn't make your own coin though instead of starting with a crapload of this shit. what exactly did they leave you to work with a camel?

For starters, it is already trading on all major exchanges, it has wide distribution (despite the collapse) and, the most important element, we have a built-in community that is motivated and resilient. We don't need a new coin; there are certainly plenty of altcoins out there (in fact, I already have my own coin I manage and maintain) - we need to bring back this coin. People are invested in this and if we can save those investments and turn this mess into something positive I believe it would be symbolic; proof that great things can happen even in this increasingly dark world. At the risk of sounding philosophical, if we can come back bigger and stronger and make SilkCoin a success we will have done something for the greater good of more than just SilkCoin - more than just cryptocurrency - but humanity as well. There will always be con artists, criminals, and heartless greed in this world; it is human nature. Unfortunate as that may be, however, I believe there is more good than evil out there and, as insignificant as this goal may be in the big picture, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. People lost more than money here - they lost faith in people and many lost hope. While I certainly hope they learn some things along the way, I want to give that faith back to them. If we work together, we can do this and set a precedent.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:12:36 PM

this worked out really good for pink coin so good luck. I wonder why you just wouldn't make your own coin though instead of starting with a crapload of this shit. what exactly did they leave you to work with a camel?

For starters, it is already trading on all major exchanges, it has wide distribution (despite the collapse) and, the most important element, we have a built-in community that is motivated and resilient. We don't need a new coin; there are certainly plenty of altcoins out there (in fact, I already have my own coin I manage and maintain) - we need to bring back this coin. People are invested in this and if we can save those investments and turn this mess into something positive I believe it would be symbolic; proof that great things can happen even in this increasingly dark world. At the risk of sounding philosophical, if we can come back bigger and stronger and make SilkCoin a success we will have done something for the greater good of more than just SilkCoin - more than just cryptocurrency - but humanity as well. There will always be con artists, criminals, and heartless greed in this world; it is human nature. Unfortunate as that may be, however, I believe there is more good than evil out there and, as insignificant as this goal may be in the big picture, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. People lost more than money here - they lost faith in people and many lost hope. While I certainly hope they learn some things along the way, I want to give that faith back to them. If we work together, we can do this and set a precedent.

+1

BTW, is it going to be possible to close the original SilkCoin Thread without Silkcoin doing so?

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
bholzer (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 10:15:33 PM

+1

BTW, is it going to be possible to close the original SilkCoin Thread without Silkcoin doing so?

We can contact the mods and see what they say; I believe they would be willing to do that. Really, I would hope "SilkCoin" could close that thread - it's honestly the least he could do at this point after what he's done. Why add insult to injury, you know? Regardless, we'll make it work whichever way required.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
BBmodBB

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

BTC = FREEDOM IS OUR ONLY HOPE!

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 10:25:25 PM

Is it possible to do a third pow round once the coin is proven honest?

i think it would be, but that would just water it down and reduce it's value even more as it stands, imho.

I see it this way.

Now that small miners have dumped everything. We are left with bag holders. The coin is no longer distributed in a fair manner.

It would dilute the current coin count but it might also put coins back into the hands of smaller people. So that one group doesn't run the show.

Quantum, You were one of the only dev's posting while the shit storm went down! I will give you credit for at least standing up while everyone else was running away! I don't know much about you so i really can't say if you are good or bad, I am only making my decision based on the situation that went down. From our end we have no idea if you are legit.

The fact you are old staff might hurt the value. So you very well could be the best guy around but if your presence is going to devalue the coin, is that a good idea?

The whole "paid on completion" will help weed out free ride staff.

If the community can vote down a staff member, and the staff respects that decision. Then scamers can be weeded out and the honest staff can remain.

Mehh, http://explorer.silk-coin.com/richlist/

^yeah right we are just spinning our wheels here!!!? =\

*BTCitcoin Wales Club*-- message me for details!--///\\\TELEKINETICS///\\can manipulate objects with their mind. Telekinesis is one of the basis of many superpowers that are based on "controlling/manipulating", it may evolve to the point that a Telekinetic can control anything at a subatomic level.
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:30:04 PM

If you guys

K

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:36:19 PM

Ive reinvested and i never though i would do so.
All i know is that bholzer will be doing a great job and i think we all owe it to him for saving this coin.

If I continue to see a general growth upwards, i will continue to invest. Hope all charter stays the same with new blood. This coin is unique in that regard.

nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:43:43 PM

We can contact the mods and see what they say; I believe they would be willing to do that. Really, I would hope "SilkCoin" could close that thread - it's honestly the least he could do at this point after what he's done. Why add insult to injury, you know? Regardless, we'll make it work whichever way required.

Yes, that would be great if he can do that, has he logged i lately i wonder?

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
bluepixie

Activity: 178

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:43:50 PM

Silkcoin is still a very good idea if it can be implemented. Through trust and honesty, that is what will make this coin.  Dont lose faith in this Idea,  it is solid ,even if some of the players are weak. This could be the best coin ever, if the eco-system is implemented. I love the wallet, its still the best out there. And I like the intent behind Silkcoin. I dont really care alot about who the man behind the curtain is, as long as they can do the work. A built in exchange system would be neat too. Do you think this is still possible?  

silk: BGBAs75ApT81uGLQZN7qdzrUVj8DXiYscF
piggy: pbDUdRPkhoxTGLmrXp4wuMgwoHbUfgrTW8
bholzer (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 10:47:26 PM

FYI, I have been removing irrelevant/inflammatory comments periodically. I know a lot of you want to vent about your losses but that is why we are here: to help put things back to where they should rightfully be. I anticipated that people who made an exit at a loss would be against this effort as they have nothing to gain; while I'm sorry to see anybody lose money, their selfishness and motivation are transparent and not welcome.

AnaSardinha

Activity: 139

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:22:29 PM

FYI, I have been removing irrelevant/inflammatory comments periodically. I know a lot of you want to vent about your losses but that is why we are here: to help put things back to where they should rightfully be. I anticipated that people who made an exit at a loss would be against this effort as they have nothing to gain; while I'm sorry to see anybody lose money, their selfishness and motivation are transparent and not welcome.
+1

Razorcoin : RHWYvxwYtymjxWnZLcHumxma84RDUGEUqq
BBmodBB

Activity: 154

BTC = FREEDOM IS OUR ONLY HOPE!

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 11:23:20 PM

let it ride let the scammers catch the fall out imho!!! =\

*BTCitcoin Wales Club*-- message me for details!--///\\\TELEKINETICS///\\can manipulate objects with their mind. Telekinesis is one of the basis of many superpowers that are based on "controlling/manipulating", it may evolve to the point that a Telekinetic can control anything at a subatomic level.
judgecrypto

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:26:15 PM

Rebuilding Silk Coin.

Right now the community focus should be on identification of the next Dev / Team.  Bohlzer has done an admirable job in stepping in and creating order in utter chaos.  His term is temporary as he has his own coin.  Think of Silk coin as a person in a horrific accident.  Bohlzer is the ER doctor.  He will get the coin stable and release the patient.  But to who?

Silk Coin has no value without a utility purpose.  You cant spend it anywhere.  What was driving interest in Silk Coin was a belief that the eco system and distributed marketplace would take off.  The vision for an eco system was great.  But it is just a vision.  If the coin is hyped up on the promise of eco system that does not exist there will be a hard crash.  What needs to be done is to start now and identify the resources needed to build such an eco system.  Then identify the costs to build the eco system.  Someone has to pay for it.  If the community wants an eco system they will have to fork up the dough to pay for the development of it.  No dev is going to walk in off the street and volunteer to make one for silk coin.  Bohlzer is right to charge money to fix things, as the next dev will want to charge to develop an eco system.

Maybe an eco system is not the utility purpose anymore.  There should be a discussion to see where the community wants to go now, no longer chained to the vision of the past founder.
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:00:35 AM

In summary:

1) Coin is already on market and has good volume and trades well.
2) Coin has no other intrinsic value, other than trade.
3) Coin would have a long long way to go to build this "fantasy" eco system - by then fifteen other crap coins will have it.
4) You have a DEV that wants to do this, and already have Judge Crypto trying to call the shots when he was positioned to bail and admitted it in past.
5) Coin is very cheap to buy and has a good marketing name for the "dark class" thus, (Judge) not going to be a good currency coin
6) Best chance for coin niche would be to use within a dark web or underweb, and that seems polar opposite.

I will continue to trade and when I see no more growth or value, move on to the next coin with absolutely no intrinsic value. Alt coins are for trading, that is it as it stands right now. The pure fantasy about this eco-system is laughable at best. Even the internal trader seems like a pipe dream that is years away (for part time team that doesn't exist).

So not fudding here, just my honest perspective from an average Joe. Any coin can trade, it's the hype that surrounds the coin that is key; for now.

bholzer (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 12:05:49 AM

In summary:

3) Coin would have a long long way to go to build this "fantasy" eco system - by then fifteen other crap coins will have it.
4) You have a DEV that wants to do this, and already have Judge Crypto trying to call the shots when he was positioned to bail and admitted it in past.
5) Coin is very cheap to buy and has a good marketing name for the "dark class" thus, (Judge) not going to be a good currency coin
6) Best chance for coin niche would be to use within a dark web or underweb, and that seems polar opposite.

I will continue to trade and when I see no more growth or value, move on to the next coin with absolutely no intrinsic value. Alt coins are for trading, that is it as it stands right now. The pure fantasy about this eco-system is laughable at best. Even the internal trader seems like a pipe dream that is years away (for part time team that doesn't exist).

So not fudding here, just my honest perspective from an average Joe. Any coin can trade, it's the hype that surrounds the coin that is key; for now.

Another bonus is that I have a number of projects in the works for Murraycoin - some more alluring than others, of course. If we can get things rolling, it would make sense to port them over to SilkCoin as well. For example, one of my smaller projects is a fantasy football league paid for and paid out in Murraycoin; this could be easily ported. We will cross that bridge when we get there, however - first we get the client ready to rock and then we start mapping things out. Even if we take a different direction we can still offer something new here. The mere fact that we will remain honest and transparent will set us apart considerably for the vast majority of altcoins (both new and old).

judgecrypto

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:07:29 AM

In summary:

No offence, but I am not trying to call the shots.  There are a lot of good people in this community that I want to see succeed.  I am going to start my own coin so I don't want or need to have any position here.  I was hoping my feedback would be well received and help in a constructive way.  But if I am a distraction I will not comment anymore.
bholzer (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 12:11:19 AM

@BBmodBB - you have been reported to the moderators for continued harassment. This is a self-moderated thread and you've posted the same nonsense in here 5 6 times in the past few hours (which I have to continue to remove). We understand you have no life and nothing better to do with your time; we understand you want the victims of this scam to suffer more in the face of logic.

Please consider sharing your pointless opinions in your own thread (or at least a thread that is not self-moderated). The great thing about your own thread is you can talk to yourself all day long without interfering with other people. We are attempting to conduct business here and your motivation to continue this barrage of harassment is ridiculous - it's clear you do not understand the current situation and I have low hopes that will ever be rectified. Thank you for understanding - goodbye.

bholzer (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 12:12:58 AM

In summary:

No offence, but I am not trying to call the shots.  There are a lot of good people in this community that I want to see succeed.  I am going to start my own coin so I don't want or need to have any position here.  I was hoping my feedback would be well received and help in a constructive way.  But if I am a distraction I will not comment anymore.

Everybody with positive contributions to the discussion is welcome here - you included. Would definitely prefer you stick around.

WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:27:26 AM

In summary:

Everybody with positive contributions to the discussion is welcome here - you included. Would definitely prefer you stick around.

Judge, No worries, just the way you come off in the past as arrogant and basically state the DEV guy is temp (has his own coin) won't be sticking around - Going to fix it and then hand it over to someone. I don't mean any offense either, but basically you are saying, "We'll get this coin trading at a higher level to recover the investment and then dump and bring that over to our own coins". Again, this is the message I am receiving here with the statements.

@Bholzer, you blew me away with you competence and laying your life out there. much respect, but unfortunately I am going to need to see a sure sign that the aforementioned "fix and furious" will not materialize. I would like to see some of your skin in the game. I have an idea of how that might work, but unfortunately would involve you collapsing your current coin into this one to show just how serious you really are with your intentions. Talk is cheap, and I want to trust you, but I don't like risks that are not mitigated in some fashion. What is the value proposition here with this coin for me to bring more folks over? If you were in my shoes, and had to tell folks to invest in this coin, what is your message?

Grifftech2k4

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:33:41 AM

@BBmodBB - you have been reported to the moderators for continued harassment. This is a self-moderated thread and you've posted the same nonsense in here 5 6 times in the past few hours (which I have to continue to remove). We understand you have no life and nothing better to do with your time; we understand you want the victims of this scam to suffer more in the face of logic.

Please consider sharing your pointless opinions in your own thread (or at least a thread that is not self-moderated). The great thing about your own thread is you can talk to yourself all day long without interfering with other people. We are attempting to conduct business here and your motivation to continue this barrage of harassment is ridiculous - it's clear you do not understand the current situation and I have low hopes that will ever be rectified. Thank you for understanding - goodbye.

I love you!!!
Grifftech2k4

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:38:17 AM

In summary:

Judge, No worries, just the way you come off in the past as arrogant and basically state the DEV guy is temp (has his own coin) won't be sticking around - Going to fix it and then hand it over to someone. I don't mean any offense either, but basically you are saying, "We'll get this coin trading at a higher level to recover the investment and then dump and bring that over to our own coins". Again, this is the message I am receiving here with the statements.

@Bholzer, you blew me away with you competence and laying your life out there. much respect, but unfortunately I am going to need to see a sure sign that the aforementioned "fix and furious" will not materialize. I would like to see some of your skin in the game. I have an idea of how that might work, but unfortunately would involve you collapsing your current coin into this one to show just how serious you really are with your intentions. Talk is cheap, and I want to trust you, but I don't like risks that are not mitigated in some fashion. What is the value proposition here with this coin for me to bring more folks over? If you were in my shoes, and had to tell folks to invest in this coin, what is your message?

Why on god's green earth would he collapse his coin into this? He is doing us an IMMENSE FAVOR and to ask that he show skin in the game is kind of insulting.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

He is not going to be around permanently, we need to find the dev and the rest of the ream who will take the reigns from bholzer and those are the ones we need to make sure are really dedicated to it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: