Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 04:18:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SC] SilkCoin - Takeover and Rebuilding Discussion/Proposal  (Read 60561 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
arteleis

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 05:30:21 PM

My SC wallet still works. It never crashed. I was able to mine few more last night.

What worries me, if Dev left SC project then who is managing SC client (Host and DB) and who is looking after blockchain?

Bholzer is presently working on this with his kind heart and from what the BTT community says, exceptional coding skills. 

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM
arteleis

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 05:32:00 PM

My SC wallet still works. It never crashed. I was able to mine few more last night.

What worries me, if Dev left SC project then who is managing SC client (Host and DB) and who is looking after blockchain?

Regarding anyone having wallet crashing issues, revert to client before most recent update.  And do not click on anything in the exchange tab.  After mintpal changed the api, this causes the wallet to crash.

Dimitry

Activity: 896
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 07:33:43 PM

Anyone else hitting that F5 for an update? or am I alone here?

I think when there is some positive news the market starts moving again.

Lets rock this coin over the weekend!

BadAss, any news/info about the escrow adresses?
Grifftech2k4

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:04:07 PM

Spamming F5 Smiley
bholzer (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 09:52:38 PM

First of all... I wanted to reassure everybody progress is still being made on my end; hoping to have this new client wrapped up shortly. I am not concerned about compensation; judgecrypto and MEGAman have donated BTC to me directly and I have also purchased a small stash of SilkCoin myself now. The donations during the official fundraiser need to go to the entire SilkCoin project; don't worry about me. I just want to get everything back on its feet, starting with this new client, and then we can start planning our next moves. The last thing we need is another bug/etc in the new release so I am testing and re-testing at every step. If it looks like it could require more than this weekend to finish... I will release a patched version of the previous client to ensure we're rocking and rolling no later than Monday morning (and then the 0.9.2.1 version would release ASAP afterward). We're going to do this with no forks and the original blockchain; we can always make adjustments at another time.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
Grifftech2k4

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:55:24 PM

First of all... I wanted to reassure everybody progress is still being made on my end; hoping to have this new client wrapped up shortly. I am not concerned about compensation; judgecrypto and MEGAman have donated BTC to me directly and I have also purchased a small stash of SilkCoin myself now. The donations during the official fundraiser need to go to the entire SilkCoin project; don't worry about me. I just want to get everything back on its feet, starting with this new client, and then we can start planning our next moves. The last thing we need is another bug/etc in the new release so I am testing and re-testing at every step. If it looks like it could require more than this weekend to finish... I will release a patched version of the previous client to ensure we're rocking and rolling no later than Monday morning (and then the 0.9.2.1 version would release ASAP afterward). We're going to do this with no forks and the original blockchain; we can always make adjustments at another time.

Rock on bholzer!!! Again thank you so much, you have no idea how much I alone appreciate this!
rynomster

Activity: 164

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:06:20 PM

me I can compile for mac if needs be Tongue

arteleis

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:08:30 PM

I've created a trello board for the rebuilding of silkcoin.  If community wants to use and edit it, please pm me and I will add your trello id.
The volunteer list is long and I don't think it would hurt having everything organized in one place.

If there is another group to organize the community, please let me know and I will remove this one.

https://trello.com/b/YfCUpW9h/silk-coin-rebuilding

nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:15:03 PM

me I can compile for mac if needs be Tongue

Thats great if you can, ideally in the short term, we need to go full mobile, so if you or anyone else you can think of who can build an iOs or Android wallet, would be greatly welcome to the team.

Once Bholzer has finished his work on the wallet, we should be good to go for those who can recompile on different platforms.

I expect considerable work would be required for mobile, but if we want to be a successful coin, we need to go mobile.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 10:15:36 PM

A new mac wallet would be great!
rynomster

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:28:45 PM

I just have a concern:
SC is a PoS coin.. How would it work with the new bitcoin code?
just going to be merging all the PoS parts of it into the bitcoin code?

arteleis

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:59:33 PM

I've created a trello board for the rebuilding of silkcoin. 

Let's organize this effort.  Many volunteers and thoughts get buried in the threads.

arteleis

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 11:31:30 PM

And sorry for those of you that haven't used trello before:

It is a great system of tasking and discussion.

To be added, please sign up at trello and pm me your trello id.

Signup is quick.  I'll be as active as possible in adding everyone and keeping the trelloboard clean. 
Each person added to the board has the ability to post, edit and make cards.

We need to organize all the efforts of volunteers into one place.  Too much gets lost in threads.

arteleis

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 11:53:25 PM

A new mac wallet would be great!

Being worked on.

rynomster

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:06:03 AM

My build environment is ready and working.
It seems there are some memory leaks in the UI, which is killing mac.

ahbartsch

Activity: 165

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 02:17:18 AM

My opinion on features for success.

1. Anonymity: Adding privacy/anonymity functions to the coin.
2. Transparency: Pretty self explanatory. Trust is one of the most important factors in crypto and being transparent and public is the right way to go.
3. Design: I don't know why more coins aren't doing this. Scams such as Edgecoin and Coinmart (and even Silkcoin) with flashy design attract a lot of money just on visuals alone. Why aren't technically sound coins improving upon the qt wallet to attract mainstream users and increasing wallet functionality? This needs to happen for wider adoption.
4. Liquidity/Velocity solutions: Many people have tried to tackle the problem of balancing the supply/demand/inflation/velocity of crypto coins. We have seen attempts such as freicoin all the way up to vericoin play with different ideas on mathematically controlling these variables. In mainstream economies, central banks control these important factors by printing more or less money and increasing/decreasing interest rates. A coin that is able to do this through an algorithm controlled by no one (at least attempt something) will lay the golden egg. I believe a system like vericoin (dynamic interest) is a step in the right direction.

These are some of the main keys to any coins success I see at the present moment. Alt coins have evolved immensely since their explosion last fall. It will be interesting to see how things evolve going into the future. Interesting times ahead.
socal

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 02:25:51 AM

you guys are my heros and for the record I will pledge 2k SC to see this through

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
aragoon

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 02:31:04 AM

Utility would be nice.  Smiley
arteleis

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 02:53:00 AM

Taken as much info on volunteers as I could and posted em all on the trello board.

pmed everyone that showed any interest of helping silkcoin out. - sorry there was definitely some copy pasting going on but that will be the only request I'll send.

If interested in the board, please sign up at trello and pm me your trello id.  I'll add you.

The Camel Marches On.

judgecrypto

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 03:44:51 AM

Taken as much info on volunteers as I could and posted em all on the trello board.

pmed everyone that showed any interest of helping silkcoin out. - sorry there was definitely some copy pasting going on but that will be the only request I'll send.

If interested in the board, please sign up at trello and pm me your trello id.  I'll add you.

The Camel Marches On.

Nice job Arteleis!  Good job on tracking all the issues on Trello! 

Can't help but feel the community is coming together in a big way Smiley

Having bholzer work on the wallets is very kind of him!  Much Thanks!

I like the motto! The Camel Marches On!  You know camels just keep going no matter how tough the road!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: