Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:42:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SC] SilkCoin - Takeover and Rebuilding Discussion/Proposal  (Read 60561 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
arteleis

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:05:19 AM

1 BTC has been sent to the escrow wallet (1SiLkm9SWbzQnqzyG1D2iW52sp9W3DB8q):
http://blockchain.info/tx-index/efbabb5a1a67114c38f0b882a5c1ee47027c38433f5cb6b70ec1a3c73845d409

Confirmed. And i guess i am badass3 Sad

Awesome. added. er except for being badass 3.  haha I dunno you might be able to change that.  Add your logo! You're on like 5 cards already!

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM
arteleis

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:10:21 AM

could someone please fill me in on something... who is running the show here? I thought it was Bholzer but it seems like a free for all at the moment!

Bholzer is still working.  There are a lot of volunteers and donations so organizing them all into one place.  Stuff gets lost in threads and there are tons of things to work on.

https://trello.com/b/YfCUpW9h/silk-coin-rebuilding-the-grand-bazaar

arteleis

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:11:55 AM

could someone please fill me in on something... who is running the show here? I thought it was Bholzer but it seems like a free for all at the moment!

I don't think anyone actually claimed to be running the show.. haha everyone is trying to do their part as a community.  Too much work for one guy man.

arteleis

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:22:44 AM

I'm out.  4:20 am here.  Good time.  L8s

ifxist

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:36:41 AM

Full Transparency

Posting links of the fundraiser wallets just in case anyone wants to donate or see the status of the fund raiser:

BTC:
https://blockchain.info/address/1SiLkm9SWbzQnqzyG1D2iW52sp9W3DB8q

SC:
http://explorer.silk-coin.com/address/BQLUqZZHD2R9jFRqQp4gVrxJgAkcjzCb3u
arteleis

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:57:49 AM

Full Transparency

Posting links of the fundraiser wallets just in case anyone wants to donate or see the status of the fund raiser:

BTC:
https://blockchain.info/address/1SiLkm9SWbzQnqzyG1D2iW52sp9W3DB8q

SC:
http://explorer.silk-coin.com/address/BQLUqZZHD2R9jFRqQp4gVrxJgAkcjzCb3u

I woke up just to smile about this.  haha

Cool

nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:39:34 AM

Bholzer is our temp dev...for now their is not really a "dev" team, but it will show up eventually. I still have good faith in this coin, but a dev team needs to be build asap.

Damn, how the fuck trello is working? Can i reply?
The activity is looking good on trello!
Ill try and update my status there tomorrow, ive been rather busy this weekend.
Good discussion is starting to take shape.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
tequillaquagga

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:52:48 AM

arteries, BadAss nice work, guys. Unfortunately all my silks on Bittrex and Mintpal. When they get unfrozen I'll put 3k on escrow wallet.

The Camel Marches On!

The Camel Marches On
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:58:46 AM

see you guys in the morning, im getting excited!

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
ahbartsch

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:26:38 PM

Once Mintpal unfreezes wallets I will donate several k as well.
boestin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:32:11 PM

Frack, just bought some at Mintpal  Shocked

Do you guys think Mintpal will unfreeze SC?

Edit: When it unfreezes I will donate too, probably not as much as the posts before, but a couple of hundred are no problem.
coincrazejred

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 01:50:33 PM

arteries, BadAss nice work, guys. Unfortunately all my silks on Bittrex and Mintpal. When they get unfrozen I'll put 3k on escrow wallet.

The Camel Marches On!
+ me too. I have 5k silk to donate and depending on trading profits this week a little btc.
Grifftech2k4

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 02:54:11 PM

Amazing community, this is such a refreshing sight in the the crypto world!!! As soon as my coins are unfrozen on Bittrex I have a couple thousand I can donate also.
purdueman

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:06:59 PM

I am glad the community is still behind the coin. Can't wait to see what happens next, silkcoin still has a lot going for it
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 04:41:08 PM

I am glad the community is still behind the coin. Can't wait to see what happens next, silkcoin still has a lot going for it

this is great news! I look forward to investing in this coin...and actually already have.  I'll be willing to donate to the dev/community once there is an official statement.  When is the website going to reflective this new turn of events?  twitter? Thanks

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
BrianJaye

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:51:36 PM

In an earlier post someone mentioned “phoenix coin”.

It started me thinking about whether or not its possible to do a rebrand without everyone loosing what they already have.

I don’t know if you can change the name and identity and still keep everyone’s coins intact? i.e. will the exchanges allow for a different name but same coin? – again, I’m not a Dev just a designer/marketer. If that is not possible, then I DO NOT suggest a rebranding. But if it is possible then I think we should and here is why:

• Currently the name Silk Coin is tainted - The community will support it and some others but it's important to separate ourselves from the negativity so others will give it a second look.
  • The name of the coin is not only tainted but even if it had gone on with no problems it still reminds people of Silk Road and all the negative aspects that came from that. Its going to be hard for a lot of professional people to get behind it.
  • We have the opportunity to really make something more than just a “coin recovery”/community take-over out of this but rather an amazing story.

From a marketing angle, there are so many reasons to rebrand. - again, as long as it does not cause the community to lose everything.

I don’t think “Phoenix Coin” is the answer, its too long of a name to be memorable and its somewhat cliché. – no offense intended because I think the name was on the right course it was just too long, too many syllables. I also think currencies with the word “coin” in them are way over done now and get lost in the mix. Silk had a lot of potential to be more than another “Coin".

I looked for a name that had some deep meaning, was short enough to have the whole name in the ticker symbol for better branding (5 characters in length) but still held the idea of “Phoenix Coin”.

I came up with concept of “Pheno” – it is a play off the word “Phoenix” but also has the following meanings as a prefix:

From Google Definitions:

http://s3.postimg.org/61exm0hur/Pheno_Def.png

Derived from Benzien

Creative Interpretation – “Pheno is derived from something that became toxic

Wikipedia about “Pheno-types - the "Showing" part of the defenition.” - “…the composite of an organism's observable characteristics or traits… …results from the expression of an organism's genes as well as the influence of environmental factors and the interactions between the two…:

Creative Interpretation"Pheno, the rebirth of Silk, has been caused by negative “environmental” factors but is now the expression of the community’s genetic make-up and interactions. It is our aim to continue a promising technology but also “showing” what is possible when altcoin communities band together for a better purpose. ”

Symbolism:

1.   An upward moving Ticker mark
2.   Opposing sheets of folding Silk - Thought is was important to keep references to "silk" in.
3.   An interpretation of a Phoenix
4.   Smoke
5.   Launching upwards
6.   A coin “represented by the outer circle”

http://s3.postimg.org/e86xdl7xf/Pheno_1.jpg

http://s3.postimg.org/hgbeqmu77/Pheno_Rise.jpg

http://s3.postimg.org/hucqq8ear/Pheno_Shirt.jpg

http://s3.postimg.org/3p6xof59f/Pheno_Wood_Small.jpg

I think changing what Silk is while telling a positive story will really help with marketing but for me it would also just be great in and of itself to turn this into something amazing and positive regardless of who pays attention.

@bholzer , @Arteleis, @BadAss.Sx and everyone on the Trello boards are doing an amazing job so I hope no one feels I’m stepping on any toes here. I’ve been in branding and marketing for a long time and wanted to assist in the way I know how.
ahbartsch

Activity: 165

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:03:19 PM

In an earlier post someone mentioned “phoenix coin”.

It started me thinking about whether or not its possible to do a rebrand without everyone loosing what they already have.

I don’t know if you can change the name and identity and still keep everyone’s coins intact? i.e. will the exchanges allow for a different name but same coin? – again, I’m not a Dev just a designer/marketer. If that is not possible, then I DO NOT suggest a rebranding. But if it is possible then I think we should and here is why:

• Currently the name Silk Coin is tainted - The community will support it and some others but it's important to separate ourselves from the negativity so others will give it a second look.
  • The name of the coin is not only tainted but even if it had gone on with no problems it still reminds people of Silk Road and all the negative aspects that came from that. Its going to be hard for a lot of professional people to get behind it.
  • We have the opportunity to really make something more than just a “coin recovery”/community take-over out of this but rather an amazing story.

From a marketing angle, there are so many reasons to rebrand. - again, as long as it does not cause the community to lose everything.

I don’t think “Phoenix Coin” is the answer, its too long of a name to be memorable and its somewhat cliché. – no offense intended because I think the name was on the right course it was just too long, too many syllables. I also think currencies with the word “coin” in them are way over done now and get lost in the mix. Silk had a lot of potential to be more than another “Coin".

I looked for a name that had some deep meaning, was short enough to have the whole name in the ticker symbol for better branding (5 characters in length) but still held the idea of “Phoenix Coin”.

I came up with concept of “Pheno” – it is a play off the word “Phoenix” but also has the following meanings as a prefix:

From Google Definitions:

Derived from Benzien

Creative Interpretation – “Pheno is derived from something that became toxic

Wikipedia about “Pheno-types - the "Showing" part of the defenition.” - “…the composite of an organism's observable characteristics or traits… …results from the expression of an organism's genes as well as the influence of environmental factors and the interactions between the two…:

Creative Interpretation"Pheno, the rebirth of Silk, has been caused by negative “environmental” factors but is now the expression of the community’s genetic make-up and interactions. It is our aim to continue a promising technology but also “showing” what is possible when altcoin communities band together for a better purpose. ”

Symbolism:

1.   An upward moving Ticker mark
2.   Opposing sheets of folding Silk - Thought is was important to keep references to "silk" in.
3.   An interpretation of a Phoenix
4.   Smoke
5.   Launching upwards
6.   A coin “represented by the outer circle”

I think changing what Silk is while telling a positive story will really help with marketing but for me it would also just be great in and of itself to turn this into something amazing and positive regardless of who pays attention.

@bholzer , @Arteleis, @BadAss.Sx and everyone on the Trello boards are doing an amazing job so I hope no one feels I’m stepping on any toes here. I’ve been in branding and marketing for a long time and wanted to assist in the way I know how.

Holy shit...
me755

Activity: 101

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:18:24 PM

Sold my SC  Grin at loss  Sad Alt-coin scene is a Ponzi scheme all together. Only real alternative might be cryptonote. Do not invest in alt-coins, only BTC.

f.u
kidyubyub

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

http://taas.fund

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:26:25 PM

Sold my SC  Grin at loss  Sad Alt-coin scene is a Ponzi scheme all together. Only real alternative might be cryptonote. Do not invest in alt-coins, only BTC.

Mom, i told you to stop posting on the Bitcoin Forums!!

██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████
███████████
███     ██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████
███
███████████     ██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████
███
███████████     ██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████
██████████████     ███████████
███     ██████████████     ██████████████
██████████████     ███████████
███     ██████████████     ██████████████

T O K E N  -  A S  -  A  -  S E R V I C E

████
████
████
████
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
████
████
████
████

████
████
████
████
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
████
████
████
████
CryptoGuy

Activity: 524
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:30:34 PM

Glad to see the support and some progress being made. I just have one request, any dev(s) that take over from bholzer be thoroughly vetted and be required to have a public profile. Dogecoin was created as a joke but has become one of the most popular cryptos in history. I feel a big part of that is due to the dev who didn't hide. This I think is vital for any altcoin if they want to be accepted in the mainstream and not be branded as a P&D coin.

This could be the opportunity to help spearhead transparency as a feature of a coin and make it a requirement for any altcoin to be successful. I think we're all getting sick of these P&D coins and I feel this is the best way to shift the paradigm in favor of the people instead of a shadowy central figure that has to be trusted on blind faith.

<Insert favorite coin here>
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: