Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:37:35 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SC] SilkCoin - Takeover and Rebuilding Discussion/Proposal  (Read 60561 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mistress

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:19:10 PM

About rebranding:

Yes, guys, who talk about SilkCoin name known from bad side (scam, weird dev etc). But SilkCoin sounds great. Everyone likes funny camel, everyone likes tempo of SilkCoin. If we really want to rebrand it will be cool to use something closer. Maybe CamelCoin (Silk still better yeah)?
BrianJaye, friend you done amazing work. I like it, nice images and logos.

Also nice point to dancing from anonymous Bazaar, not from coin. Coin is not innovation. But suitable decentralized anonymous market it is!
I am web developer, I can help to develop backends on node.js. If we can gather dev team, we can create marketplace with web access by local address (localhost/127.0.0.1) and make very pretty and usable market in a browser, which works with our coin.

Again I am supporter of the idea to make all things from scratch, but with old community.

I dont feel rebranding is really necessary, and the original term for silk road was never anything to do with illegal activity, it was an ancient trade route, if we are starting the grand bazaar, then i think the name "silk" should stay, perhaps coin could be dropped though, im getting tired of all the "coins"

Perhaps Silk Crypto would be a better name?
IDK, but i think the camel, etc should all stay, i dont think pheonix coin is really necessary.

" give me a silk!", sounds good
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:41:56 PM

Yeah, i think rebranding to silk would be fine.

Silk was an expensive commodity, so it would be simply used as a unit.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
arteleis

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:03:01 PM

Hey uhm im trying to figure out this trello thing, man it has me freaked out, this is   the weirdest layout i have seen in my life, could you please elaborate on how to assign to tasks comment etc ?

Pmed ya - and right now the layout is in a trial.  So far though I think it is a good idea as proposed and implemented by vcminer.  We of course have also added the pledge list, posting payments with little bags of gold  Wink and editing post to - SENT TO ESCROW.
  If there's anything about the flow that doesn't make sense feel free to pm and and we can all review.  More ideas the better!

as mentioned by vcminer about workflow :

"I've been using Trello on many of my projects in different companies.
It's my workflow, jsut share my experience, not try to convenience everybody use the same flow.

We generally have following list (same order) on each (all same, no exception) board :
KnowledgeBase, Discussion, ToDo, Bugs, Doing, Review, Done

We put everything that new comers need to know in knowledge base.

Put every discussion in discussion, it can be everything, it won't chaos because you can filter by label easily.
Once discussion done, if nothing to do, we move it to done.
If something to do, we move it to ToDo.

ToDo is anything we need to put man power on it.
We put everything here but bugs or urgent stuffs.

Urget & Bugs - this is first priority.
We wanna keep nothing in this list.
So everytime we notice something in here, everybody try their best to solve it asap.

Review -
every job need to review by others, even me (as CTO in company).
Once review & test done, it can pass to Done list

Done -
Except nothing to do like card from discussion, every card we need to put in review before move into this list.
But as discussion cards, if we don't need put man power, and less important, we generally archive it."

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM
arteleis

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:04:50 PM

About rebranding:

Yes, guys, who talk about SilkCoin name known from bad side (scam, weird dev etc). But SilkCoin sounds great. Everyone likes funny camel, everyone likes tempo of SilkCoin. If we really want to rebrand it will be cool to use something closer. Maybe CamelCoin (Silk still better yeah)?

Also nice point to dancing from anonymous Bazaar, not from coin. Coin is not innovation. But suitable decentralized anonymous market it is!
I am web developer, I can help to develop backends on node.js. If we can gather dev team, we can create marketplace with web access by local address (localhost/127.0.0.1) and make very pretty and usable market in a browser, which works with our coin.

Again I am supporter of the idea to make all things from scratch, but with old community.

I dont feel rebranding is really necessary, and the original term for silk road was never anything to do with illegal activity, it was an ancient trade route, if we are starting the grand bazaar, then i think the name "silk" should stay, perhaps coin could be dropped though, im getting tired of all the "coins"

IDK, but i think the camel, etc should all stay, i dont think pheonix coin is really necessary.

I like the idea of dropping 'coin' and just staying with SILK.

arteleis

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:06:37 PM

Anybody else interested in helping out with this movement, please sign up at The Grand Bazaar, and pm me your trello ID.  Awesome work everyone.  Honesty, truth and brotherhood prevails!

tequillaquagga

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:13:45 PM

About rebranding:

I like the idea of dropping 'coin' and just staying with SILK.

nzminer, Totally agree! Silk is better form other mentioned here.

The Camel Marches On
Carnage

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:27:10 PM

Just stick to SilkCoin, changing the name will cause a lot of confusion
nzminer
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:31:17 PM

tequillaquagga

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:46:14 PM

Just stick to SilkCoin, changing the name will cause a lot of confusion
We looking to make not only coin, so this thoughts coming about cutting coin from name.

The Camel Marches On
DLow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:03:28 AM

About rebranding:

Mabe the ticker could be changed to "SILK"? I would have always preferred that.
djek31

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:06:43 AM

It seems like there is a bunch of idiots on here!

This is the SILKCOIN thread... Silkcoin... silkcoin... do you not get it? this is not the bazaar thread or any other named coin!
If you want to start a new coin go do it elsewhere. this is silkcoin thread and that's how it's staying you sad mofo's!

promote silkcoin or get the F out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nzminer
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:07:00 AM

About rebranding:

Mabe the ticker could be changed to "SILK"? I would have always preferred that.
Typically they should be no more than 3 letters, although some coins appear to have more.
SLK is the more likely option.

bluepixie

Activity: 178

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:07:13 AM

I don t mind the name silk coin.  Im not sure about changeing it to pheno. I am totally amazed at the amount of people jumping in and working on this. The grand Bazzar is awesome. Silk coin is becoming the best trade currency out there.  If you guys can keep this up people will show up in mass.  Setting up escrows and voting on projects is amazing.  This could be a new standard in coin development. I just downloaded the updated wallet it looks great!! I am sending some silk to the Escrow address now. Maybe each step can have its own escrows account. like one for 2FA and one for the bot and one for the Marketing campaign. One for the multipool.  When someone completes a certain task they get the coins kinda like a bounty. Man i am buying some more SILK

silk: BGBAs75ApT81uGLQZN7qdzrUVj8DXiYscF
piggy: pbDUdRPkhoxTGLmrXp4wuMgwoHbUfgrTW8
nzminer
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:12:18 AM

I don t mind the name silk coin.  Im not sure about changeing it to pheno. I am totally amazed at the amount of people jumping in and working on this. The grand Bazzar is awesome. Silk coin is becoming the best trade currency out there.  If you guys can keep this up people will show up in mass.  Setting up escrows and voting on projects is amazing.  This could be a new standard in coin development. I just downloaded the updated wallet it looks great!! I am sending some silk to the Escrow address now. Maybe each step can have its own escrows account. like one for 2FA and one for the bot and one for the Marketing campaign. One for the multipool.  When someone completes a certain task they get the coins kinda like a bounty. Man i am buying some more SILK

Yes its on the rise again, if we can pull this off, the price will be far higher than when Silkcoin reached 8000 satoshis!

The grand Bazaar will create an open market for the coin, which is an essential thing for any crypto.

Im happy to keep Silkcoin or at least the word silk in the name.
The name Pheno doesnt really fit in with our vision.

bluepixie

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:13:42 AM

1000 Silk sent to  the Escrow  BQLUqZZHD2R9jFRqQp4gVrxJgAkcjzCb3u  hope it can help

djek31

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:16:29 AM

piss off with the grand bazaar name! it will KILL silkcoin... silkcoin is silkcoin and doesn't need a new name! you have to be an amateur to think it needs a new name when it already has a good name. hence the people trying to save it! otherwhise lets just leave it to you and let you code it and save it from here on out! otherwhise step the F off!
bluepixie

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:19:21 AM

piss off with the grand bazaar name! it will KILL silkcoin... silkcoin is silkcoin and doesn't need a new name! you have to be an amateur to think it needs a new name when it already has a good name. hence the people trying to save it! otherwhise lets just leave it to you and let you code it and save it from here on out! otherwhise step the F off!
The grand Bazaar is not the name of the coin it is the marketplace for silk coin. I agree lets stay with the name Silkcoin.

nzminer
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:23:59 AM

I think you have missed the point, no one here is saying to replace the name Silkcoin with grand bazaar!
The Grand Bazaar is the marketplace that will be built on top of the platform.

Its inevitable we will have to tweak the branding somewhat, especially if the original devs keep the old site, twitter feeds open etc.

Its not ideal to have two silkcoin websites running, of course this can all be avoided if we are able to gain control of the original domain name.

I dont have a problem keeping silkcoin, but i dont see any issues if we dropped the term "coin" and simply called it Silk, or change it to Silk Crypto.
This gives us a much better range of options for domain names etc.

arteleis

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:27:01 AM

It seems like there is a bunch of idiots on here!

This is the SILKCOIN thread... Silkcoin... silkcoin... do you not get it? this is not the bazaar thread or any other named coin!
If you want to start a new coin go do it elsewhere. this is silkcoin thread and that's how it's staying you sad mofo's!

promote silkcoin or get the F out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

? This is all promoting the evolution of silkcoin.  Why are you upset?  Unfortunatly the name Silkcoin has been damaged by previous developers.  Silk.  Is not too dramatic a change.  The bazaar is simply the suggested name for the marketplace that is being worked on.  I do agree Pheno, or dramtically changing the name would be a negative decision.

The grandbazaar is dedicated to fixing all of the problems left by previous development ending suddenly. And the upcoming marketplace be it 'bazaar' or what other name to choose will be dedicated to trading in silk.

If you got any suggestions please post em. Don't think there is any reason to be upset.  Everyone is working together for the continuation of Silk trading.

tequillaquagga

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:27:40 AM

I think you have missed the point, no one here is saying to replace the name Silkcoin with grand bazaar!
The Grand Bazaar is the marketplace that will be built on top of the platform.

Its inevitable we will have to tweak the branding somewhat, especially if the original devs keep the old site, twitter feeds open etc.

Its not ideal to have two silkcoin websites running, of course this can all be avoided if we are able to gain control of the original domain name.

I dont have a problem keeping silkcoin, but i dont see any issues if we dropped the term "coin" and simply called it Silk, or change it to Silk Crypto.
This gives us a much better range of options for domain names etc.
I'll vote For Silk as currency name and Silk Crypto for infrastructure about it.

The Camel Marches On
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: