Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:14:53 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SC] SilkCoin - Takeover and Rebuilding Discussion/Proposal  (Read 60561 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
arteleis

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:28:48 AM

It seems like there is a bunch of idiots on here!

This is the SILKCOIN thread... Silkcoin... silkcoin... do you not get it? this is not the bazaar thread or any other named coin!
If you want to start a new coin go do it elsewhere. this is silkcoin thread and that's how it's staying you sad mofo's!

promote silkcoin or get the F out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

? This is all promoting the evolution of silkcoin.  Why are you upset?  Unfortunatly the name Silkcoin has been damaged by previous developers.  Silk.  Is not too dramatic a change.  The bazaar is simply the suggested name for the marketplace that is being worked on.  I do agree Pheno, or dramtically changing the name would be a negative decision.

The grandbazaar is dedicated to fixing all of the problems left by previous development ending suddenly. And the upcoming marketplace be it 'bazaar' or what other name to choose will be dedicated to trading in silk.

If you got any suggestions please post em. Don't think there is any reason to be upset.  Everyone is working together for the continuation of Silk trading.

The idea of the 'grand bazaar' becoming the p2p marketplace traded with in silk, is just a continuation of the camels journey.  Logically where a camel would be heading involving any kind of trade.  (-:

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM
djek31

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:29:21 AM

piss off with the grand bazaar name! it will KILL silkcoin... silkcoin is silkcoin and doesn't need a new name! you have to be an amateur to think it needs a new name when it already has a good name. hence the people trying to save it! otherwhise lets just leave it to you and let you code it and save it from here on out! otherwhise step the F off!
I think you have missed the point, no one here is saying to replace the name Silkcoin with grand bazaar!
The Grand Bazaar is the marketplace that will be built on top of the platform.

Its inevitable we will have to tweak the branding somewhat, especially if the original devs keep the old site, twitter feeds open etc.

Its not ideal to have two silkcoin websites running, of course this can all be avoided if we are able to gain control of the original domain name.

I dont have a problem keeping silkcoin, but i dont see any issues if we dropped the term "coin" and simply called it Silk, or change it to Silk Crypto.
This gives us a much better range of options for domain names etc.

if this is a community project then I vote for Artelies to piss off!
djek31

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:31:20 AM

piss off with the grand bazaar name! it will KILL silkcoin... silkcoin is silkcoin and doesn't need a new name! you have to be an amateur to think it needs a new name when it already has a good name. hence the people trying to save it! otherwhise lets just leave it to you and let you code it and save it from here on out! otherwhise step the F off!
I think you have missed the point, no one here is saying to replace the name Silkcoin with grand bazaar!

Its inevitable we will have to tweak the branding somewhat, especially if the original devs keep the old site, twitter feeds open etc.

Its not ideal to have two silkcoin websites running, of course this can all be avoided if we are able to gain control of the original domain name.

I dont have a problem keeping silkcoin, but i dont see any issues if we dropped the term "coin" and simply called it Silk, or change it to Silk Crypto.

Go build your own coin and call it whatever you like! Bholzer is leading this and I am 100% behind him!
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:33:32 AM

We are working as a community, if you dont agree with something, you are entitled to your opinion, but say it in a nice way, we are all here to work as a community and we will vote on anything as a community.
The points we have discussed are valid, but i do not agree on changing our name at all, but changing the term "coin" is not a big deal IMHO

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
tequillaquagga

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:33:38 AM

djek31, looks like you miss idea and maybe don't read what he and other people writes here. It is your problem. If you have what to say, please say it culturally.

The Camel Marches On
djek31

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:38:56 AM

djek31, looks like you miss idea and maybe don't read what he and other people writes here. It is your problem. If you have what to say, please say it culturally.

Seems like you guy's have missed the idea! Bholzer is here to try and save SilkCoin because silkcoin is a coin worth saving because of al the innovative ideas it had in the first place... not because of what you can change it to! you guy's have already killed it and because you don't even realise this... I am out.
djek31

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:43:39 AM

+1

I'm all about saving a coin that's worth saving but it seems there are two of you hell bent on changing to what you want it to be... so go ahead and do the coding yourselves! otherwise stop with name changing and trying to make YOUR coin. because IT'S NOT!
tequillaquagga

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:45:29 AM

+1

I'm all about saving a coin that's worth saving but it seems there are two of you hell bent on changing to what you want it to be... so go ahead and do the coding yourselves! otherwise stop with name changing and trying to make YOUR coin. because IT'S NOT!

So hot.

We don't changing name, we propose it. If you don't like this idea you should dislike it in polls. We will create it soon. Looking for solution of this feature.

The Camel Marches On
djek31

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:49:05 AM

+1

So hot.

We don't changing name, we propose it. If you don't like this idea you should dislike it in polls. We will create it soon. Looking for solution of this feature.

why do you even propose to change the name? silkcoin is silkcoin! and you say we... like you already have some sort of a party to say what is going to happen to silkcoin! who is the we?

nzminer
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:49:53 AM

+1

So hot.

+1
Djek31, we are not hellbent on changing it, but are just making valid points in regards to branding.
Its not ideal to have our domain name similar to the one that was abandoned, especially if its still live.

tequillaquagga

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:53:15 AM

+1

So hot.

why do you even propose to change the name? silkcoin is silkcoin! and you say we... like you already have some sort of a party to say what is going to happen to silkcoin! who is the we?

In this case I'm and nzminer and other people who like this idea.

The Camel Marches On
djek31

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:58:45 AM

well I'm out then! gonna dump my 757k as it looks like a bunch of monkeys are gonna run this show.

goodbye and good luck!
tequillaquagga

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:00:41 AM

well I'm out then! gonna dump my 757k as it looks like a bunch of monkeys are gonna run this show.

goodbye and good luck!
You can take action too. But looks like you can only trying to aggr me. Do not waste your and our time.

The Camel Marches On
nzminer
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:07:45 AM

goodbye and good luck!

If you cant give constructive feedback, then leave, any decision we make will be a community decision anyway.

arteleis

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:16:59 AM

+1

So hot.

'We' is everyone who has been posting ideas and lending the effort to help out.  What plans do you have?

arteleis

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:18:46 AM

+1

So hot.

'We' is everyone who has been posting ideas and lending the effort to help out.  What plans do you have?

There is no ownership of the coin. Not since the premine was dumped.  That is what everyone is going for.  Decentralized, and managed by the community.  I don't really understand your post.  Who owns Silkcoin?

arteleis

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:19:37 AM

goodbye and good luck!

I don't think this will have any effect other then shooting yourself in the foot.

ahbartsch

Activity: 165

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:20:41 AM

goodbye and good luck!

What an asshole. Have some respect and voice your opinions in a mature fashion instead of acting like a child. Good riddance.
mbishop75

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:21:09 AM

goodbye and good luck!

Let us know where and when you're ready to dump so we can pick up a bunch more at a low price.  This monkey will be laughing all the way to the bank!
arteleis

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:21:25 AM

SilkCoin. Let's not mess this up. Let's get this coin up and running. Too many cooks will not help. Leave the name as is and rebuild it. If we do things haphazardly we will not succeed. Everything that bholzer is not doing should be a community decision, or we will have problems. In fighting is worst than FUD.

This is why we need a Use-Case. Outline exactly what we want and how it works. This not only a creative and marketing endevor. It is also a finacial and technical pursuit. Therefore, we need all three perspectives outlined. Details before we build.

Yes this is what is building in https://trello.com/b/YfCUpW9h/silk-coin-rebuilding-the-grand-bazaar.  All those topics are covered there.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: