Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:28:58 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SC] SilkCoin - Takeover and Rebuilding Discussion/Proposal  (Read 60561 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
arteleis

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:22:24 AM

well I'm out then! gonna dump my 757k as it looks like a bunch of monkeys are gonna run this show.

goodbye and good luck!

What an asshole. Have some respect and voice your opinions in a mature fashion instead of acting like a child. Good riddance.

It's unfortunate, I'm not really sure what the beef is/was.  Without the community effort his coins would be worthless.

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM
ahbartsch

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:24:36 AM

One problem that does arise from a community making decisions is making sure there are safeguards in place to allow decisions to actually be made instead of it turning into a clusterfuck of talking/opinions without any action. That is why a single developer or group with a common vision are more successful than a rag-tag band of community members. What are some proposed solutions to ensuring that while all voices are heard, there is some actual leadership happening to ensure shit actually gets done decisively?
hamzatu

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:28:20 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 02:15:55 AM by hamzatu

Many we should compartmentalize a little.

1. The Business
2. The Creative
3. The Technical

Define what the role is. Let the community contribute as they will to each. Then let the whole community decide what is good. This way everyone can contribute.

My questions are.

1. What is the role of the Business? What will the Business do to make Silkcoin successful (marketing)?
2. What is the role of the Creative? Is it building sites, advertising, branding?
3. What is the role of the Technical? Do we know what we are doing? Can we explain and show it to beginners and experts alike?

I would also like to know these answers. Especially, how are we going to handle the preivous white paper. Technically it was very bad, but what about the ideas. Are we going to build on this or redesign?

djek31

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:51:32 AM

One problem that does arise from a community making decisions is making sure there are safeguards in place to allow decisions to actually be made instead of it turning into a clusterfuck of talking/opinions without any action. That is why a single developer or group with a common vision are more successful than a rag-tag band of community members. What are some proposed solutions to ensuring that while all voices are heard, there is some actual leadership happening to ensure shit actually gets done decisively?

+1000
arteleis

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:51:38 AM

I do agree that a fulltime dev team would be best.  Right now everything is being pieced together by charitable efforts and donations.
  Presently being worked on
 Client upgrade
 Bug fix
 Mac wallet
 Logo redesign/rebranding inc voting process
 Website domains/design
 Crowdfunding plans
 Marketplace (bazaar)

And many other ideas being discussed.

The workflow in trello is the best option presently.  Do you have an entire dev team ready to work for donations and charity?  Im sure everyone would appreciate it!

ahbartsch

Activity: 165

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:53:44 AM

I do agree that a fulltime dev team would be best.  Right now everything is being pieced together by charitable efforts and donations.
 Client upgrade
 Bug fix
 Mac wallet
 Website domains/design
 Crowdfunding plans
 Marketplace (bazaar)

The workflow in trello is the best option presently.  Do you have an entire dev team ready to work for donations and charity?  Im sure everyone would appreciate it!

I'm very happy with the progress so far. I just tend to look at the negative to ensure it doesn't become a reality. Asking difficult questions is important to ensure we do the best job possible.
arteleis

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:53:53 AM

1. The Business
2. The Creative
3. The Technical

Define what the role is. Let commnity contribute as they will to each. Then let the whole community decide what is good. This way everyone can contribute.

My questions are.

1. What is the role of the Business? What will the Business do to make Silkcoin successful (marketing)?
2. What is the role of the Creative? Is it building sites, advertising, branding?
3. What is the role of the Technical? Do we know what we are doing? Can we explain and show it to beginners and experts alike?

I would also like to know these answers. Especially, how are we going to handle the preivous white paper. Technically it was very bad, but what about the ideas. Are we going to build on this or redesign?

PS
I did join Trello

Hamzutu with the pic of the cat?

arteleis

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:56:18 AM

Client upgrade
 Bug fix
 Mac wallet
 Website domains/design
 Crowdfunding plans
 Marketplace (bazaar)

I'm very happy with the progress so far. I just tend to look at the negative to ensure it doesn't become a reality. Asking difficult questions is important to ensure we do the best job possible.

Its true! Cant walk through this blind and hope that all will turn out fine.  Im volunteering my time and effort to be as impartial as possible and organize everyones thoughts and offers into the same place.  With a seamless workflow.  I wish i could do more.

djek31

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:58:57 AM

Client upgrade
 Bug fix
 Mac wallet
 Website domains/design
 Crowdfunding plans
 Marketplace (bazaar)

Its true! Cant walk through this blind and hope that all will turn out fine.  Im volunteering my time and effort to be as impartial as possible and organize everyones thoughts and offers into the same place.  With a seamless workflow.  I wish i could do more.

Please tell me what can you do? and what do you offer to this coin and the community apart from changing the name which is not needed!
arteleis

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:01:33 AM

+1000

Hey man if you have any specific problems with the work being done to save your bag of silk, please point them out.  Nothing worse then a guy who does absolutely nothing, and tells everyone else they have no right to volunteer their time and effort. Im not sure where youre coming from unless youre one of initial developers. You did seem to claim that the coin was yours, more so then anyone else here.

parker928

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:02:14 AM

+1 I support this fully and applaud those who step up to the plate. glad I bagheld my sc =)
arteleis

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:03:41 AM

Client upgrade
 Bug fix
 Mac wallet
 Website domains/design
 Crowdfunding plans
 Marketplace (bazaar)

Please tell me what can you do? and what do you offer to this coin and the community apart from changing the name which is not needed!

I never changed the name.  And all i can do is help to organize everyones volunteer efforts as they were being buried in this thread. 

arteleis

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:05:08 AM

Personally i think the name should be changed but there are others who feel different of course.  There will be a vote before and if any changes are made.  You can relax yo. Im on your side.  Not here to damage anything.

djek31

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:07:36 AM

+1000

Hey man if you have any specific problems with the work being done to save your bag of silk, please point them out.  Nothing worse then a guy who does absolutely nothing, and tells everyone else they have no right to volunteer their time and effort. Im not sure where youre coming from unless youre one of initial developers. You did seem to claim that the coin was yours, more so then anyone else here.

so far you have still not said what you will do for the community and the coin! stop talking crap and tell us what you actually have to offer as you seem to be the one spouting a lot of crap and wanting to change the name... and for what reason?? stop trying to change the subject and tell us what are YOU going to contribute to the coin and community?

At no point have I said I would like this or that to change about anything to do with the coin yet you seem to want a lot changed to suit you but at no point have you said what you will do to contribute to anything. FULL MOFO'ING STOP
arteleis

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:09:06 AM

1. The Business
2. The Creative
3. The Technical

Define what the role is. Let commnity contribute as they will to each. Then let the whole community decide what is good. This way everyone can contribute.

My questions are.

PS
I did join Trello

Im gonna add hamzatu the cat so you can post.  These are important ideas and if you know how to implement them please post in trello as well.   If youre not hamzatu the cat let me know.  There is a few it seems.

arteleis

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:11:34 AM

1. The Business
2. The Creative
3. The Technical

My questions are.

PS
I did join Trello

Im gonna add hamzatu the cat so you can post.  These are important ideas and if you know how to implement them please post in trello as well.   If youre not hamzatu the cat let me know.  There is a few it seems.

Nevermind.  Found @hamzatu.  Im assuming thats you. Added

arteleis

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:16:20 AM

+1000

so far you have still not said what you will do for the community and the coin! stop talking crap and tell us what you actually have to offer as you seem to be the one spouting a lot of crap and wanting to change the name... and for what reason?? stop trying to change the subject and tell us what are YOU going to contribute to the coin and community?

At no point have I said I would like this or that to change about anything to do with the coin yet you seem to want a lot changed to suit you but at no point have you said what you will do to contribute to anything. FULL MOFO'ING STOP

Im already contributing what i can offer.  I am entitled to opinion about changing the name as i was burnt hard by the previous name.

You fell that the trello board is not a contribution? What have you contributed?  All youve said is stop you bunch of monkeys.  Again, im not certain your motivation here.

arteleis

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:18:53 AM

None of the work i have done here was meant to divide the already broken community in any way.  My only hope is unification and pertinent tasks being completed.  Ive donated funds as well to escrow to support development.

djek31

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:20:51 AM

+1000

Im already contributing what i can offer.  I am entitled to opinion about changing the name as i was burnt hard by the previous name.

You fell that the trello board is not a contribution? What have you contributed?  All youve said is stop you bunch of monkeys.  Again, im not certain your motivation here.

Again I ask... what are you going to do for the coin and community? are you going to code the new wallet? are you going to contribute coins? btc? sc? or any form of currency? at no point have I said I want this or that but you seem to want a lot for nothing! TELL US WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO CONTRIBUTE OR PLEASE HOLD YOUR CORNER AND SHUT UP!
djek31

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:22:33 AM

None of the work i have done here was meant to divide the already broken community in any way.  My only hope is unification and pertinent tasks being completed.  Ive donated funds as well to escrow to support development.

What have you donated? how much... hell I could send 1 sc and say I've donated!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: