Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:02:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SC] SilkCoin - Takeover and Rebuilding Discussion/Proposal  (Read 60561 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Transidium

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 06:38:02 PM

Sorry what do you mean by SN number?

...Screen name/BCT handle

• mbishop75, thank you very much for offering your services -- when I'm back home tonight I'll construct a proper Org Chart that we can fill in, make sure that no efforts are duplicated.

Right now nobody should be concerned with "stepping on toes"... let's just get the work done. We're all in this mission together and nobody's ego should be a factor.

Ben
Crypt0Keeper

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

Ad Libertas!

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 06:56:09 PM

Don't know how many times I need to say it, but I am a professional C/C++/C# developer and will volunteer my services.
Last night I spoke with arteleis about the market data bugs and I already have fixes that I'm testing now.  

Once I'm done testing my fixes, I'll submit to arteleis for release on GitHub.

Also, I sent two messages to bholzer offering to help, but got no response.  My offer still stands and don't want to step on toes, nor do I want to waste my time fixing things that are being fixed in another branch of code.

You're in Bishop.  We definitely want your help.  Start a card on the "Doing" section and tell us what you're working on. (market/data fixes, correct?).  The other volunteer developers we get can create their own cards of what they would like to do and then everyone can get on the same page.  For now it's important to work in sequence so there's no code changes going on simultaneously until we get a workspace setup (which we can't do until we get the devs sorted).  For now, let's have some volunteer devs literally take turns upgrading the wallet?

Right now nobody should be concerned with "stepping on toes"... let's just get the work done.[/u] We're all in this mission together and nobody's ego should be a factor.

Exactly, let's just kick some ass.  As long as we don't fork the code, people can check the trello board and just run with things that need to be done.  End of story.

--Silkcoin Reddit Moderator--
https://silknetwork.org
arteleis

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 07:17:03 PM

Don't know how many times I need to say it, but I am a professional C/C++/C# developer and will volunteer my services.
Last night I spoke with arteleis about the market data bugs and I already have fixes that I'm testing now. 

Also, I sent two messages to bholzer offering to help, but got no response.  My offer still stands and don't want to step on toes, nor do I want to waste my time fixing things that are being fixed in another branch of code.

The concern the whole time was the worry about stepping on toes.  Forward motion, community involvement and unprecidented organization and implementation are key.
    The voting platform, as i suggested in trello, inside the wallet, would be revolutionary in crypto.  It would give investors direct voting input that not only decides the direction of the coin, but supports the development lf features decided upon.
   Also gives the community a chance to effectively remove those who are not doing their job or dedicated service.

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM
arteleis

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 07:18:31 PM

Also, I sent two messages to bholzer offering to help, but got no response.  My offer still stands and don't want to step on toes, nor do I want to waste my time fixing things that are being fixed in another branch of code.

You're in Bishop.  We definitely want your help.  Start a card on the "Doing" section and tell us what you're working on. (market/data fixes, correct?).  The other volunteer developers we get can create their own cards of what they would like to do and then everyone can get on the same page.  For now it's important to work in sequence so there's no code changes going on simultaneously until we get a workspace setup (which we can't do until we get the devs sorted).  For now, let's have some volunteer devs literally take turns upgrading the wallet?

Right now nobody should be concerned with "stepping on toes"... let's just get the work done.[/u] We're all in this mission together and nobody's ego should be a factor.

Exactly, let's just kick some ass.  As long as we don't fork the code, people can check the trello board and just run with things that need to be done.  End of story.

Agreed 

arteleis

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 08:30:56 PM

Now would be a good time for anybody who has made contributions to this rebuilding thread to put their hand up, to nominate themselves for a defined, accountable position within the team.

- CTO
- Programmers
- Visual Design Manager
- Web Dev
- Social Media Coordinator
- Thread Moderator
- Treasurer/Escrow Manager

... for example

Ben

All this on trello board.

arteleis

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 08:36:38 PM

Just took a look at bholzer's profile. He hasn't been online on the forums for two days. If anyone can contact him outside this board, it would be a good idea to let him know of the current status.

Sounds good but he does not put anything here for a long time, I think he could get at least a 2 minutes and keep the community updated

I agree.  It takes two seconds to reply to a thread, no excuses.  He's not interested in helping SC anymore and I can't really blame him since Murraycoin has been a great success.  It's a shame he didn't have more class to at least reply to a PM or a post a message to let the community know.

arteleis, I say start a new thread.  If he decides to come back, he can message us there.  Now about these devs you have:

1.) How many of them are there?
2.) Are they on the forum or trello (do not need to be identified at this time)?
3.) What kind/amount of compensation do they want?
4.) How do you know them?
5.) What's their programming background?

I will list all this in the new thread later tonite.

arteleis

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 08:41:59 PM

Sorry what do you mean by SN number?

...Screen name/BCT handle

• mbishop75, thank you very much for offering your services -- when I'm back home tonight I'll construct a proper Org Chart that we can fill in, make sure that no efforts are duplicated.

Right now nobody should be concerned with "stepping on toes"... let's just get the work done. We're all in this mission together and nobody's ego should be a factor.

Ben

Thank god.  I swore for a second he was asking for SIN numbers.  Lol no offense. Saw SIN number requests and CEO mentions.. for a second was nervous at the loss of the entire crypto philosophy and the beginning of corporate venture. 

nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 08:42:06 PM

Where is Bholzer? We trusted on him. If he really lied us, I think this will be dangerous for his reputation in the crypto-community and his Murraycoin.

I am still holding my 500k sc coins. Still hoping for the best.

I agree.
I dont like to keep false hopes here, so ive sold all my SC, i wont be buying any more until we hear from bholzer.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Transidium

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 09:01:03 PM

We definitely do not need to wait for bholzer in order to move forward.
If he wishes to rejoin the conversation/efforts at some point, I for one will welcome him immediately.
In the meantime, we need to proceed as if he's no longer involved.

To those who have sold their coins, I don't blame you -- but the richest rewards will come to those who persevere through this period.

To those who are staking, or holding strong on the exchanges, I'm right here with you.

Ben
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 09:05:07 PM

We definitely do not need to wait for bholzer in order to move forward.
If he wishes to rejoin the conversation/efforts at some point, I for one will welcome him immediately.
In the meantime, we need to proceed as if he's no longer involved.

To those who have sold their coins, I don't blame you -- but the richest rewards will come to those who persevere through this period.

To those who are staking, or holding strong on the exchanges, I'm right here with you.

Ben

It doesnt make economical sense to hold something thats essentially worthless, when i could be holding another coin that is making money.
SC is still dropping, and i intend to buy more since they are now even more cheaper, and probably will drop below 100 sat.
But at least we can still work on the project together and get our feet back on the ground, have any other developers expresses serious interest?

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Transidium

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 10:05:51 PM

But at least we can still work on the project together and get our feet back on the ground.

Absolutely -- you don't need to hold coins to be a valued contributor.
But you might pay more to rebuy them later ;-)

Ben
Dimitry

Activity: 896
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 10:30:29 PM

Ben not to sound like an ass, but everything you say and construction you  made,... i thought of as well
i'm kind of illitarate and have no skills to develope anything.. and have no way to express myself on threads like you do.

But your plans and the way you put things I like alot its constructive with vision.

If you are onboard I 10X my donation I put 1k so would be 10k more but only if you make time and afford.

may not sound much to you but to me its alot.

Love your way of constructive thinking keep the energy alive!

j5crypto

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 10:32:08 PM

If there was a chance for this coin to recover it had to be right away because the more time that passes the more difficult it gets.

If the price gets back down to 1 sat the coin might have a chance. The reason it's so hard to get an abandoned coin backup from a fall is no one wants to buy it just to get dumped on by longtime whale holders. 1 sat will be like this coin starting all over again.

mbishop75

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 10:39:26 PM

During testing I have uncovered a few more bugs with the market data APIs, but I have made great progress and have fixed all of the ones I have found so far.  Next round of testing starts...now()!
Dimitry

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 10:41:55 PM

If there was a chance for this coin to recover it had to be right away because the more time that passes the more difficult it gets.

If the price gets back down to 1 sat the coin might have a chance. The reason it's so hard to get an abandoned coin backup from a fall is no one wants to buy it just to get dumped on by longtime whale holders. 1 sat will be like this coin starting all over again.

I think you are wrong here. If Ben put his list to work and really mean to work we are up within a week.

But things need to be constructive.. like you can touch them, real work needs to be done.
transparancy is key.. who is doing what... if the team is put together, real people with a proven track record, man this thing is going to fly..

Dont know how the saying goes but in holland its like " knots have to be cut"  dissicions to be made... Things just need to get done!

Transidium

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 10:46:37 PM

Dimitry, thank you for the kind words. Rest assured, if some of my ideas overlap with what you or others have already put forth, it's only because we're all thinking the same way!  Grin

Guys, I'll be home within the hour and will begin posting more substantial material soon thereafter.

Does anybody here have a crypto-related Twitter account with more than 500 followers?

Ben
Dimitry

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 10:49:41 PM

Well I have to sleep right now! diff time zones i geuss.

But if thinking needs to be done I could always help. Aside from donations, and willing to do so.. see trello
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 11:24:50 PM

Don't say that...have some trust in this...this community stands or falls by trust. If you build it back up from scratch, the community behind it becomes stronger and so is the coin. Perhaps a rename of SC or a whole new start of a coin (i have an idea, but before i release it I want to investigate the need for such coin or else it fails). But for now we try everything to revive the coin back. Only point now is that we can't get a hold off bholzer, so atm the development stands still i guess, but if there are any devs who are willing to revive SC back or has any interest in starting a new "community" coin, you can contact me here or send me an email trough my website.

I understand that people are dumping right now, but there is a small community behind it which did a lot of work in the mean time. Give them some time and credit. Doesn't matter if it takes some time, but please, we do need some devs. One or two with a special heart and which has a good reputation here at bitcointalk. Doesn't matter what you can code. And if you are not interested anymore in SC, you can contact me for starting up a new coin. With the right team of coders we can start a new coin with the spirit of SC.
armlock

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 11:37:36 PM

Don't say that...have some trust in this...this community stands or falls by trust. If you build it back up from scratch, the community behind it becomes stronger and so is the coin. Perhaps a rename of SC or a whole new start of a coin (i have an idea, but before i release it I want to investigate the need for such coin or else it fails). But for now we try everything to revive the coin back. Only point now is that we can't get a hold off bholzer, so atm the development stands still i guess, but if there are any devs who are willing to revive SC back or has any interest in starting a new "community" coin, you can contact me here or send me an email trough my website.

I understand that people are dumping right now, but there is a small community behind it which did a lot of work in the mean time. Give them some time and credit. Doesn't matter if it takes some time, but please, we do need some devs. One or two with a special heart and which has a good reputation here at bitcointalk. Doesn't matter what you can code. And if you are not interested anymore in SC, you can contact me for starting up a new coin. With the right team of coders we can start a new coin with the spirit of SC.

BadAss.Sx +1

▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄
                  ▀▄▄█     ▀▀▀▀█   █
                   █  ▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▀
                  █   █      █   █
                 █    ▀▄    ▄▀    █
                █     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄     █
               █    ▄▀        ▀▄    █
              █   ▄▀            ▀▄   █
█   ▄▀    ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▀   █▄     █  █  ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄    ▄▀▀▀▄
█ ▄▀    ▄▀       ▀▄  █ █    █  █  ▄▀       ▀▄  ▀▄
██      █         █  █  ▀▄  █  █  █         █    ▀▄
█ ▀▄    ▀▄       ▄▀  █    █ █  █  ▀▄       ▄▀      █
█   ▀▄    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀    █     ▀█  █    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀   ▀▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S MOST SECURE
CASH
& CRYPTO PLATFORM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████       █████████████
███████                   ███████
SWISS
MADE
coolsaint99

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 11:58:37 PM

In case of the new coin what will happen to our holding. We are going through harsh time man. But still holding the coin, the trust.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: