Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 03:09:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SC] SilkCoin - Takeover and Rebuilding Discussion/Proposal  (Read 60561 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Mr.Joker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 12:06:32 AM

In case of the new coin what will happen to our holding. We are going through harsh time man. But still holding the coin, the trust.

We can just Rebrand the coin. Hardfork the current blockchain, so the coins will still be valid.
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 12:08:20 AM

I also have a plan for that. That's why i said...a coin with the spirit of the camel. You know, like he's dead, but as an angel she's our quardian angel and creator of the new coin. Hahaha...

Damn, although i really have an idea, above sounds ridiculous, don't you think? That is why i have to think again how i can complete this idea, before i say something stupid. It is a good idea, but also a lot of work and i don't know if i have the time for that.
coolsaint99

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 12:08:46 AM

Mr.Joker +1
Mr.Joker

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 12:21:01 AM
Last edit: July 04, 2014, 12:38:57 AM by Mr.Joker

It would be ridiculous to abandon this coin and start a whole new one. There are a lot of positive things that we can build on with this coin.

I do think that a rename to Silk will be better, but future will tell if the community agrees in the polls. Also change the ticker to SLK.

I think as soon as we gathered some devs to start a new ANN for a relaunch and also for a rebrand. I really hopes this will happen this weekend.

EDIT: My wallet isn't staking.

Coins are mature enough.
Wallet unlocked.
No reserve balance
Lightning bolt is saying that it is staking, but I don't receive anything, for 12 hours now?

Anyone?
Transidium

Activity: 51

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 12:38:10 AM

Ben's Bounties

Here are the bounties I'm happy to offer, and more will come as we make progress.

5,000 - for 10 positive news and promo Tweets from a crypto-related account with more than 1000 followers.
5,000 - for securing www.silkcoin.co and transferring control to the webmaster our community nominates. Invoice and whois confirm required for payout.
25,000 - for designing and publishing a new website at www.silkcoin.co ... our new public face!
25,000 - for coding and publishing a new wallet using Bitcoin Core 0.9.2.1 ... Windows to start.
(Basically this bounty is about somebody doing what bholzer said he would do. See OP for details. As I'm not a coder myself, I will pay this particular bounty after the work is confirmed valid and functional by other, more experienced members of the community.)

The funds have been transferred to the following wallet:
B8NN3ANBqfu7Sde8GbvWBNcdBuiqLLmnEB
As they're coins entirely from my holdings, I will pay them out as each task is completed. PM me on here if you're entitled to one.

From my comparative analysis I firmly believe that SilkCoin has a current intrinsic value around 800 SAT, but is depressed below that because of recent news/trauma.
Getting us up to a liquid trading range of 1200-1800 SAT is really not going to be too difficult, with some hard work and applied collective brainpower.
So these bounties are worth more than you think  Cool

Ben
Mr.Joker

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 12:40:57 AM

Ben's Bounties

Here are the bounties I'm happy to offer, and more will come as we make progress.

5,000 - for 10 positive news and promo Tweets from a crypto-related account with more than 1000 followers.
5,000 - for securing www.silkcoin.co and transferring control to the webmaster our community nominates. Invoice and whois confirm required for payout.
25,000 - for designing and publishing a new website at www.silkcoin.co ... our new public face!
25,000 - for coding and publishing a new wallet using Bitcoin Core 0.9.2.1 ... Windows to start.
(Basically this bounty is about somebody doing what bholzer said he would do. See OP for details. As I'm not a coder myself, I will pay this particular bounty after the work is confirmed valid and functional by other, more experienced members of the community.)

As they're coins entirely from my holdings, I will pay them out as each task is completed. PM me on here if you're entitled to one.

From my comparative analysis I firmly believe that SilkCoin has a current intrinsic value around 800 SAT, but is depressed below that because of recent news/trauma.
Getting us up to a liquid trading range of 1200-1800 SAT is really not going to be too difficult, with some hard work and applied collective brainpower.

Ben

Will contribute with putting 20% on top of Ben's bounties! (So 25000 will be 30000)
arteleis

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 12:49:29 AM

During testing I have uncovered a few more bugs with the market data APIs, but I have made great progress and have fixed all of the ones I have found so far.  Next round of testing starts...now()!

Awesome Good work man!

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM
ynyjl

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 12:53:30 AM

Completely dead!
arteleis

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 12:54:44 AM

It would be ridiculous to abandon this coin and start a whole new one. There are a lot of positive things that we can build on with this coin.

I do think that a rename to Silk will be better, but future will tell if the community agrees in the polls. Also change the ticker to SLK.

I think as soon as we gathered some devs to start a new ANN for a relaunch and also for a rebrand. I really hopes this will happen this weekend.

EDIT: My wallet isn't staking.

Coins are mature enough.
Wallet unlocked.
No reserve balance
Lightning bolt is saying that it is staking, but I don't receive anything, for 12 hours now?

Anyone?

Try restarting the client. Mine is staking right now.

Transidium

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:05:13 AM
Last edit: July 04, 2014, 01:17:37 AM by Transidium

Ben's Bounties

**UPDATED** HAVE SOME MOAR MONEY!!!

30,000 - for designing and publishing a new website at www.silkcoin.co ... our new public face!
50,000 - for coding and publishing a new wallet using Bitcoin Core 0.9.2.1 ... Windows to start.

Ben
arteleis

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:12:37 AM

Ben's Bounties

Ben

Awesome man.  I will match your bounties.

mafort1469

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:14:29 AM

As I have previously stated I have silkcoin.us ready for the community to use. I have also disclosed my full Id and email. Just to reiterate I am Marc Fortenberry.  Look me up on facebook, linkedin, or btcjam. I have no problem revealing who I am for this community.  I am pretty much a noob in this but I do have about two hours a day I can devote to this. I am open to suggestions as to what my role can be. Please read previous posts as I have stated this before. I love silk and want this coin to succeed.  As this is a holiday weekend in USA let's wait till the weekend is over to hear from bholzer. If no communication then let's take control and finalize a plan no later than Wednesday.  Give a shit now about stepping on toes, let's get this done. There are plenty of devs that can do what we need. Thank you.
Transidium

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:22:57 AM

Hi Marc, thank you for reminding me about the URL you've secured. I'm just hesitant about voting for it as the new site because it may turn off some of our non-American members... crypto is a global endeavour.

Do you have web design skills? Assuming I found the correct LinkedIn profile, it looks like you're basically a biochemical mad scientist  Wink

Ben
m104323419

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:24:38 AM

我们需要新线程  重新发布

We need a new thread  ,Re released.
mafort1469

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:32:21 AM

Yes you found me and you are right, I am a mad scientist, however, my skills in crytoworld are minimal at best. As for the website I didn't see it as an .us domain,  I saw it as silkcoin.us meaning US as a community.  Anyway I would like to help. I do have my MBA so maybe I could help in that way or just coordinate items, etc. I learn fast so maybe give me items to do and I can do them??
arteleis

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:33:06 AM

As I have previously stated I have silkcoin.us ready for the community to use. I have also disclosed my full Id and email. Just to reiterate I am Marc Fortenberry.  Look me up on facebook, linkedin, or btcjam. I have no problem revealing who I am for this community.  I am pretty much a noob in this but I do have about two hours a day I can devote to this. I am open to suggestions as to what my role can be. Please read previous posts as I have stated this before. I love silk and want this coin to succeed.  As this is a holiday weekend in USA let's wait till the weekend is over to hear from bholzer. If no communication then let's take control and finalize a plan no later than Wednesday.  Give a shit now about stepping on toes, let's get this done. There are plenty of devs that can do what we need. Thank you.

Yessir, your name will be on Ann thread with c++ skills added to it as an active contributor.  stoked to see the work you're conquering.

Wednesday eh? it is like 35 days in crypto time..

mafort1469

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:42:01 AM

Yes you are correct,  Wednesday is crazy. Saturday latest? I will do what I can to see about a new dev with C++. I know one guy so let's see if he'll commit.
arteleis

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:01:25 AM

Yes you are correct,  Wednesday is crazy. Saturday latest? I will do what I can to see about a new dev with C++. I know one guy so let's see if he'll commit.

As you mentioned about learning... we need qt guy..  well everyone does really.  Mad scientist take that on?

arteleis

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:03:18 AM

Was going to release tonite.  But think saturday is a fair equilibrium.  Think people dont realize that 1.0.9.3 is actually a much better client then when silkcoin was at its height.  A lot of sloppy coding in it has been fixed.

yell4george

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:06:33 AM

Pure speculation on my part, but i think Ben is bholzer. They communicate in very similar ways.

Its ok, sometimes you need an identity change Wink

And the camel marches . .

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: