Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:47:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SC] SilkCoin - Takeover and Rebuilding Discussion/Proposal  (Read 60561 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mbishop75

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:10:20 AM

Was going to release tonite.  But think saturday is a fair equilibrium.  Think people dont realize that 1.0.9.3 is actually a much better client then when silkcoin was at its height.  A lot of sloppy coding in it has been fixed.

If you think your changes were a lot, just wait until you see how much crap I cleaned up in 1.0.9.4!!!
I can see why the other devs walked away.  They were in way over their heads.

Still finding a few minor bugs and there are a lot of cosmetic things I would like to clean up, but right now I'm focused on functionality, stability, and reliability.
I am still hoping to get this released tonight to the members on Trello for additional testing.
arteleis

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:10:27 AM

https://github.com/hanzlambrecht/silkcoin/releases/

Updated Silkcoin Qt release - version 1.0.9.3

1.  Fixed crashes (all platforms)

2.  Added seednodes for users unable to get nodes

3.  Fixed missing dll issue with windows

4.  Fixed file permisions for unix/macos

5.  Fixed QT crash on startup (all os)

6.  Updated/fixed checkpoints

silkcoin-qt-1.0.9.3-win32.zip attached
  DFAB15843DCA0F40631B247403714B04

Official blockchain download .zip attached
  ad84f866b3e514517dcf42c6b6441a87

Some users may experience getting stuck in sync. 
In this case reload client or download the blockchain. 

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM
arteleis

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:11:37 AM

Was going to release tonite.  But think saturday is a fair equilibrium.  Think people dont realize that 1.0.9.3 is actually a much better client then when silkcoin was at its height.  A lot of sloppy coding in it has been fixed.

If you think your changes were a lot, just wait until you see how much crap I cleaned up in 1.0.9.4!!!

Still finding a few minor bugs and there are a lot of cosmetic things I would like to clean up, but right now I'm focused on functionality, stability, and reliability.
I am still hoping to get this released tonight to the members on Trello for additional testing.

Yehh the silkcoin dev(s) were sloppy as fuck. Its amazing it made it as far as it did.

Transidium

Activity: 51

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:13:48 AM

LOL, interesting theory about my secret identity.

...maybe I'll promise the world, promptly vanish for three days and then you'll know it was "me" all along  Wink

Ben

P.S. Working on a community org chart right now, will post the framework soon.
arteleis

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:14:10 AM

And a new God is born.   Grin

arteleis

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:15:14 AM

LOL, interesting theory about my secret identity.

...maybe I'll promise the world, promptly vanish for three days and then you'll know it was "me" all along  Wink

Ben

P.S. Working on a community org chart right now, will post the framework soon.

LOL - remember though it was bholzers words that pulled us all together.  For that he can always be thanked.

mbishop75

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:17:55 AM

And a new God is born.   Grin

Awwwwww...You Say The Sweetest Things!!!
armlock

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:32:33 AM

good work guys! let's put the silk in place it deserves at the top 10 of the coinmarketcap!

▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄
                  ▀▄▄█     ▀▀▀▀█   █
                   █  ▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▀
                  █   █      █   █
                 █    ▀▄    ▄▀    █
                █     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄     █
               █    ▄▀        ▀▄    █
              █   ▄▀            ▀▄   █
█   ▄▀    ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▀   █▄     █  █  ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄    ▄▀▀▀▄
█ ▄▀    ▄▀       ▀▄  █ █    █  █  ▄▀       ▀▄  ▀▄
██      █         █  █  ▀▄  █  █  █         █    ▀▄
█ ▀▄    ▀▄       ▄▀  █    █ █  █  ▀▄       ▄▀      █
█   ▀▄    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀    █     ▀█  █    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀   ▀▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S MOST SECURE
CASH
& CRYPTO PLATFORM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████       █████████████
███████                   ███████
SWISS
MADE
arteleis

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:36:37 AM

good work guys! let's put the silk in place it deserves at the top 10 of the coinmarketcap!

Agreed.

mbishop75

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:37:09 AM

I was thinking more like the top 5!  Grin
arteleis

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:51:46 AM

I'm very glad to read this.

PS: Also, I'm still waiting for bholzer to show up. He said he would port the wallet to 0.9.2 base. All these together make real progress. Big kudos to all.

There is a slight fear with the new btc client.. not thoroughly tested - if there is a bug in it we'd be fucked..
   what we're on now is better for POS and already tried and proven by blackcoin. They have solid dev team with fast response and brings the best of new tech in anyways. 
  maybe a bit of discussion on this is in order.  Just been brought to my attention about the potential damage if the new btc client has any hidden bugs.

And damnit, I knew I shoulda bought more at 2 or 300 satoshis.  Price is climbing everywhere.

armlock

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:58:14 AM

PS: Also, I'm still waiting for bholzer to show up. He said he would port the wallet to 0.9.2 base. All these together make real progress. Big kudos to all.

There is a slight fear with the new btc client.. not thoroughly tested - if there is a bug in it we'd be fucked..
   what we're on now is better for POS and already tried and proven by blackcoin. They have solid dev team with fast response and brings the best of new tech in anyways. 
  maybe a bit of discussion on this is in order.  Just been brought to my attention about the potential damage if the new btc client has any hidden bugs.

And damnit, I knew I shoulda bought more at 2 or 300 satoshis.  Price is climbing everywhere.

I agreed BC is the safest option for now

▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄
                  ▀▄▄█     ▀▀▀▀█   █
                   █  ▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▀
                  █   █      █   █
                 █    ▀▄    ▄▀    █
                █     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄     █
               █    ▄▀        ▀▄    █
              █   ▄▀            ▀▄   █
█   ▄▀    ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▀   █▄     █  █  ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄    ▄▀▀▀▄
█ ▄▀    ▄▀       ▀▄  █ █    █  █  ▄▀       ▀▄  ▀▄
██      █         █  █  ▀▄  █  █  █         █    ▀▄
█ ▀▄    ▀▄       ▄▀  █    █ █  █  ▀▄       ▄▀      █
█   ▀▄    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀    █     ▀█  █    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀   ▀▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S MOST SECURE
CASH
& CRYPTO PLATFORM
SWISS
MADE
arteleis

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 03:33:36 AM

Just don't want to have everything blow up in our faces was the theory.

ifxist

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 04:35:02 AM

Ben's Bounties

Here are the bounties I'm happy to offer, and more will come as we make progress.

5,000 - for 10 positive news and promo Tweets from a crypto-related account with more than 1000 followers.
5,000 - for securing www.silkcoin.co and transferring control to the webmaster our community nominates. Invoice and whois confirm required for payout.
25,000 - for designing and publishing a new website at www.silkcoin.co ... our new public face!
25,000 - for coding and publishing a new wallet using Bitcoin Core 0.9.2.1 ... Windows to start.
(Basically this bounty is about somebody doing what bholzer said he would do. See OP for details. As I'm not a coder myself, I will pay this particular bounty after the work is confirmed valid and functional by other, more experienced members of the community.)

The funds have been transferred to the following wallet:
B8NN3ANBqfu7Sde8GbvWBNcdBuiqLLmnEB
As they're coins entirely from my holdings, I will pay them out as each task is completed. PM me on here if you're entitled to one.

From my comparative analysis I firmly believe that SilkCoin has a current intrinsic value around 800 SAT, but is depressed below that because of recent news/trauma.
Getting us up to a liquid trading range of 1200-1800 SAT is really not going to be too difficult, with some hard work and applied collective brainpower.
So these bounties are worth more than you think  Cool

Ben

Awesome man.  I will match your bounties.

I will also match Ben's bounty!
mbishop75

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 05:11:54 AM

Guys, I've been working on this code for almost 16 hours straight.  I've got all of the bugs in the Bittrex API and Mintpal API fixed and I replaced the Block Chain API with Coinbase API.  Right now the only thing remaining is the Cryptsy API, which is totally jacked up.  Rather than release it partially complete, I'm going to get a few hours of sleep and hit it with a fresh mind in the morning. 

I was supposed to be spending the day with friends and family tomorrow since it's the 4th of July, but there are a lot of people who seem to be counting on me to get these fixes out to reestablish some level of confidence in the new dev team, so eat some BBQ for me since I will be tied to my keyboard! 

I'll post more updates tomorrow.
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 05:31:12 AM

Wow I still can't believe bholzer would just up and leave without a word to the community, not after all the inspired posts he made in this thread  Huh
Did something happen behind the scenes ?
Did he upload any of his code/work on the new wallet to github??
Man this is getting rather depressing  Sad
FredDag

Activity: 436

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 05:35:10 AM

So no support for BIP 020 ?
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 05:39:18 AM

This is awesome news guys, keep up the good work, and perhaps Ben is indeed Bholzer Wink

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
sk00t3r

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 05:47:51 AM

Ben could be... Ben Holzer
ifxist

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:32:13 AM

Guys, I've been working on this code for almost 16 hours straight.  I've got all of the bugs in the Bittrex API and Mintpal API fixed and I replaced the Block Chain API with Coinbase API.  Right now the only thing remaining is the Cryptsy API, which is totally jacked up.  Rather than release it partially complete, I'm going to get a few hours of sleep and hit it with a fresh mind in the morning. 

I was supposed to be spending the day with friends and family tomorrow since it's the 4th of July, but there are a lot of people who seem to be counting on me to get these fixes out to reestablish some level of confidence in the new dev team, so eat some BBQ for me since I will be tied to my keyboard! 

I'll post more updates tomorrow.

Thank you so much for taking up the role like a champ bishop!  Everyone is counting so much on bholzer.  But you are truly saving this coin and not given enough credit for all the work you are doing for us.  I for one completely appreciate it!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: