Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 10:52:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gavin will visit the CIA  (Read 152927 times)
CharlieContent

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 10:01:41 PM

Lol, a nice amount of patriotism... maybe we should invite Gavin here in Europe  Grin

Do you think that your standard of living is higher in Europe?

Hahah, yes. This isn't the 50s anymore man.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jack of Diamonds

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 10:05:21 PM

Jakie Kennedy killed JFK, it's in the video. She was a CIA mind controlled slave with MPD; An old art of war used by the secret religions.

The CIA takes it's orders from Vatican; and the rest of the government takes it's orders from the CIA. Basically CIA == Western Hemisphere Illuminati. They protect anyone who tries to go after luciferin cults; because they are one, same with the Vatican.

Vatican takes it's orders for the Lizard people (Who eat humans the same way we eat cows) and the lizard people take there orders from Anu, The Lizard King emperor of universe.

...at lest that's the David Ickein theory on the Universe (~collectively). But dose anyone trust David Icke? Lulzsec clams to be a bunch of lizards, maybe they are?  I don't trust Alex Jones anymore, but I always wanted to believe in David Icke because everyone laughed at him. Alan Walt said some pretty interesting things on Lizard people, he said it's just an Illusion they want us to make real (Same way Alex Jones wants to make WWIII real right now, by using people's fear to manifest it. God what a dick).

If you don't buy them your left with Peter Joseph, who says corporations and governments do what they do naturally. It's just evolution, and corporations adhere to one thing and one thing only; It's called the bottom line. Overtime these corporation became so big an powerful they just decided to conspire together to screw the rest of us, instead of tearing each other apart. The CIA, protects these corporations because they are "American Corporations" and that somehow that makes them less corrupt then any other corporation... So obliviously we need to go have wars and replace all the evil corporations with our good corporations, basically government hypocrisy at an all time extreme.

At anyrate, I don't know what to believe. But if I was going to give a speech about Bitcoin to the CIA, I would frame the information in a way that I would want the enemies of Bitcoin to understand it.

This is what's wrong with the internet.

Then again, it's kind of funny.

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 11:04:35 PM

Lol, a nice amount of patriotism... maybe we should invite Gavin here in Europe  Grin

Do you think that your standard of living is higher in Europe?

Hahah, yes. This isn't the 50s anymore man.

In what way is your standard of living higher than mine?

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
ryepdx

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 11:12:46 PM

3. Slide 30. "As multiple implementations of bitcoin appear, there might need to be a more formal organizational structure to work out interoperability problems."
This made me curious.

He's likely talking about different implementations of the client. Though I suppose there's no reason someone couldn't hack together a client that does on-the-fly currency conversion. Actually, if several new types of "coins" start showing up (such as Namecoin), it would be quite possible to create a decentralized cryptocurrency exchange. Then centralized exchanges would only need to exist for the purpose of converting cryptocurrency to national, physical currency.
ryepdx

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 11:16:15 PM

In what way is your standard of living higher than mine?

RTFM: http://hdr.undp.org/en/reports/global/hdr2010/chapters/en/
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 11:24:51 PM

I don't accept the assumptions that they make.  Also, that compares the entire US to individual European nations.  If we have to include Michigan and West Virginia in the averages, you should have to include Latvia, Estonia and the Ukraine.  Compare Apples to apples, buck.  Where do you live in Europe, and how does that compare to my state of Kentucky.  Shouldn't be that hard, since Kentucky is in the lower half of the states, but I would still find the comparisions interesting.  Mostly in what Europeans consider to be high on the list of features that add up to a "standard of living".  Compared to myself, personally, you have a near zero chance of having a higher standard of living, but then I make quite a bit more than the average Kentuckian.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

ryepdx

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 11:53:48 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2011, 06:50:48 AM by ryepdx

If I were feeling particularly roguish I might then note that various studies have shown liberals tend to have higher IQs, hinting that yours may not be quite up to snuff. You might then counter that it is a cultural artifact that liberal states tend to have better educated populaces and lower crime, and you would likely question my cited 'studies,' as well as my IQ.

No, I wouldn't.  I'd question the relevance that liberals tend to have higher IQs.  In part, because the differences are, although perhaps not statisticly insignificant, very small indeed.  I'd also point out that the differences in the average IQ is higher between races in America than between liberals and conservatives.  (I'm not either, BTW)  For example, the highest IQ race?  Ethnic Jews.  "Wait, what?  Aren't Jews, as a race, predominately liberal?"  Why, yes, they are.  "Why is that?"  Because most of them grew up in cities dominated by liberal politics, such as NYC, Chicago and LA; and it's damn difficult to shake off false politics even with a high IQ.  "Why did they grow up there?"  Because their parents and grandparents lived in urban areas, because they tended to avoid rural racism that may or may not have existed when they emigrated to the United States, many of whom came immediately prior to and after WWII, fleeing even worse racism in Europe.

Going further, I personally don't put much value in IQ as a measurement of intelligence, because it was never intended to measure high intelligence.  It is a ratio that measures the rate of free association (learning curve) between a subject and the average child peer.  It was originally developed to predict the odds of independent success of a mentally challenged child as they approach adulthood.  It was never intended to measure high, or even average, function of adults in comparison to one another, and thus has little meaning in this context.

And homeschooled children, regardless of class, race or political ideology (or any other comparison) tend to absolutely destroy their institutionally educated peers (both public and private) on any standardized test that could measure IQ with any acceptable accuracy.  How would that fit into your predictive argument model?

Okay, so most of my post was overwritten, but it's a little better now at least.

Obviously I can't predict what another person is going to give as an argument. My point was simply that debates about political ideology masquerading as nationalistic bickering tend to go nowhere. (Much like actual nationalistic bickering.) We all want to live in different worlds.
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 12:54:39 AM

I'm sory ryepdx, I was trying to respond to your post, but it seems that I accidentally overwrote it instead.  I'm not sure how that happened.  I would split the thread, but I keep getting an error.

It seems that I hit the 'edit' button instead of the 'quote' button without noticing it, and there is no 'undo' button.

lonestranger

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

I like long walks on the beach, shaving my head...

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 01:44:08 AM

He wasn't some idiot caveman with a club. That "bearded man from caves" had aroud 30 million USD of personal wealth inherited after his father. His family are filthy rich people with close ties to the Saudi royal family. But more importantly, he had lots of supporters and people ready for suicide missions, because guess what - they don't like Americans very much around there.

Right, they "hate us for our freedoms". Anyway, I just wonder how anyone can watch Building 7 fall down like this and not smell the rat.
finnthecelt

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 02:55:00 AM

Are we even talking about BTC anymore? What's going on here with this petty drivel? Check yourselves as the enemy engages. The boards are infiltrated. What point are you proving and to whom? Is it serving your own ego? Are you winning?

What have you won?
lonestranger

Activity: 115

I like long walks on the beach, shaving my head...

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 02:00:34 PM

Are we even talking about BTC anymore? What's going on here with this petty drivel? Check yourselves as the enemy engages. The boards are infiltrated. What point are you proving and to whom? Is it serving your own ego? Are you winning?

What have you won?

If you don't understand your enemy you cannot win. Many people on this forum believe the lies that pass for the mainstream view, what I call "the matrix".  As long as they do so they will not see the attacks coming even if they are telegraphed.

Although, I've almost never seen someone's mind changed via internet forum.

I'd be willing to bet somewhere in the CIA there is already a bitcoin task force and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they have been tampering with the infrastructure, hacking exchanges, infiltrating these forums (fora?), and studying the reaction. I know there are those who think government is always just plain stupid (and I think this springs from their own sense of superiority). This kind of hubris will hurt us. This enemy is evil, intelligent, and infinitely resourceful and they've been at this game for a long time. They want to kill bitcoin.
finnthecelt

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 02:15:26 PM

What have you won?

If you don't understand your enemy you cannot win. Many people on this forum believe the lies that pass for the mainstream view, what I call "the matrix".  As long as they do so they will not see the attacks coming even if they are telegraphed.

Although, I've almost never seen someone's mind changed via internet forum.

I'd be willing to bet somewhere in the CIA there is already a bitcoin task force and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they have been tampering with the infrastructure, hacking exchanges, infiltrating these forums (fora?), and studying the reaction. I know there are those who think government is always just plain stupid (and I think this springs from their own sense of superiority). This kind of hubris will hurt us. This enemy is evil, intelligent, and infinitely resourceful and they've been at this game for a long time. They want to kill bitcoin.

Fair points.

I agree with you. I think the attacks lately are too concentrated to be 1) coincidence 2) random people in the world trying to steal...

Largely government is idiotic as a whole. Politicians who are motivated by greed are shortsighted and therefore, well, stupid. The CIA on the other hand is a different matter.

I think the greatest weakness of BTC right now is the number of very young people involved who (begin generalizations) really have no clue how governments operate. They don't know the history of money. They don't understand the complexities and relationships between the industrial military complex and the banking industry.

But they do have many opinions!! I would hope people are willing to learn and researching independently the ideas being bandied about here. Spouting off without validation is folly.

Anyway, I ramble. I was just trying to bring the tone down to earth. These trolls are having a hay day with some of the forum members.
Yeti

Activity: 112

Firstbits: 1yetiax

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 02:24:13 PM

You know I could have been in the CIA, but they found out my parents were married.

1YetiaXeuRzX9QJoQNUW84oX2EiXnHgp3 or http://payb.tc/yeti

Since Bitcoin Randomizer is dead, join the Bitcoin Pyramid (referrer id #203)! Be quick, be on top! Instant payout as soon as one of your referrals deposits!
dennis_sweden

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 03:25:15 PM

I cannot be bothered to read through 27 pages on this topic, however I have this to say: whatever Gavin says will not have any bearing on CIA's policy or possible actions against bitcoin. Since it is already on CIA's and Goldman Sachs and the financial elite's radar they will gather information from multiple sources and thereafter decide whether or not to take action. I would bet my life on that if bitcoin is deemed a threat towards the established financial elite, who in turn controls governments, by bribing ("campaign donotions in som countries"), essentially blackmailing, revolving doors and outright writing legislation drafts submitted to parliament/senate (depending on country) members, negative action will be taken. I only heard of bitcoin a couple of weeks ago, but it if bitcoins were to become used by a wide audience it obviously poses several threats; and I'm not thinking of drugmoney being laundered - they use high street banks which has been proven over and over again - this is just being used as a red-herring to take measures against bitcoin.

The actions that they are likely to take are legal and destabilising/compromising data (if this is possible). If awareness of bitcoin spreads to a fair share of citizens psy-op operations using various media will commence. However, this will only be undertaken if awareness is spread - they will not help promote such awareness. How succesful such actions are likely to be is beyond my understanding - I have no programming skills at all to begin with.

My view is certainly not optimistic, although as the legal status of bitxoins is the most essential regarding widespread use, if bitcoin is not outlawed it has the potential to flourish. The governments with the most power in the international agenda do however have a good reckord of closing down currencies/currency transmitting (others apart from Western Union, high street banks) which takes place outside of the "official" market.

Don't worry Gavin, the CIA would not let you into their officies unless they already had implanted a micro-chip inside your brain. [sic.]
TradersEdgeDice

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2011, 07:41:15 PM

What have you won?

+1

Fighting on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics…  Win or lose, you're still retarded.

Like what I posted?

Buy my Metal FX Currency Dice Set
http://tradersedgedice.com

Buyers using bitcoin get a deep discount.  Free worldwide shipping.

Web of Trust: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=TradersEdgeDice&sign=ANY&type=RECV

GPG Identity: http://bitcoin-otc.com/
ryepdx

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 02:20:03 AM

Fighting on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics…  Win or lose, you're still retarded.

+1
The Script

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 06:40:30 AM

Internet debates are about convincing the reader, not the opponent.
em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2011, 07:11:08 AM

And I'm still trying to convince myself whether or not Gavin has or has not or will or will not visit the CIA.   Undecided

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
hoo2jalu

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 07:23:19 AM

And I'm still trying to convince myself whether or not Gavin has or has not or will or will not visit the CIA.   Undecided

It is all just an elaborate ruse intended to make us think in that direction...

*cough*
CoinHunter

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 04:42:46 AM

I was listening to Bruce Wagner interview Gavin after the CIA conference and just wondered why not much had been made about Satoshi and the real reason he gave up all Bitcoin contact? According to Gavin himself the CIA visit itself could have been the reason he quit?

Bruce Wagner : When was the last time you chatted to satoshi?
Gavin Andresen: Um... I haven't had email from satoshi in a couple months actually. The last email I sent him I actually told him I was going to talk at the CIA. So it's possible , that.... that may have um had something to with his deciding

http://solidcointalk.org/topic/529-did-gavin-andresen-push-satoshi-out-of-bitcoin/

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: