Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:24:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gavin will visit the CIA  (Read 152926 times)
passerby

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 03:53:52 PM

I am more worried about the SEC and the IRS.
CIA's main mission is foreign intelligence... as long as it is not used as a means to finance terrorists, we will be okay.

The CIA's mission is to defend the interests of the Fortune 100. This includes drug running, blowing up people, toppling countries with resources they covet. They do their dirty business in the U.S. all the time. I still find it hard to believe there are adults walking around who can't figure this stuff out. Do you really think 9-11 was pulled off by bearded men from caves?

Actually, as a direct hit, 9/11 was pretty crude and straightforward, well within a moderately educated and well funded bearded man's ability.

As a "false flag" operation, it would be a work of incredible finesse and sophistication, a Xanathos Gambit as a certain entertainment site puts it.
Something I do not believe to be within CIA's ability. They are merely humans. Well educated and funded humans, but humans nonetheless.

Anyways, I am quite confident that CIA is actually a very bitcoin-friendly agency, their front organizations running "less than public operations abroad" will most certainly find bitcoin's properties to their liking.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jaime

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

División de Poderes s.XXI es Descentralización

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2011, 04:00:14 PM

Hi Gavin, did they ask about Satoshi Nakamoto? I can see no mention in your PDF.

D.H.

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

Bitcoin.se site owner

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2011, 04:00:36 PM

Thanks Gavin! I see that you use "digital currency" in the title (instead of "virtual currency" that is used on www.bitcoin.org) and I think that's a great choice. There's a thread somewhere suggesting that we change "virtual" to "digital" on the home page, so could we do that now? Digital currency sounds like real money, virtual currency sounds like play money.

www.bitcoin.se - Forum, nyheter och information på svenska! (Forum, news and information in Swedish)
bittersweet

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 04:01:39 PM

Do you really think 9-11 was pulled off by bearded men from caves?

He wasn't some idiot caveman with a club. That "bearded man from caves" had aroud 30 million USD of personal wealth inherited after his father. His family are filthy rich people with close ties to the Saudi royal family. But more importantly, he had lots of supporters and people ready for suicide missions, because guess what - they don't like Americans very much around there.

My Bitcoin address: 1DjTsAYP3xR4ymcTUKNuFa5aHt42q2VgSg
Epinnoia

Activity: 209

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 04:03:51 PM

I am more worried about the SEC and the IRS.
CIA's main mission is foreign intelligence... as long as it is not used as a means to finance terrorists, we will be okay.

Unless and until terrorists can buy airplane tickets or weapons with bitcoins, their focus would probably be at the point where the bitcoins are converted into actual cash.

My first miner -> ATI 4550 (7.2 Mh/sec): 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cryptospeculators/
Jack of Diamonds

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 04:10:49 PM

Most researchers across the world have come to the same conclusion, Oswald was mentally deranged for a long time and acting alone.

This is a joke, right?

What credentials do you have, and are they more believable than those of thousands of people with universally recognized degrees?

Links to infoclearinghouse or free conspiracy blogs created by middle aged unemployed men with huge beards do not count.

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx
JTaBitCoinKing

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 04:57:42 PM

Jakie Kennedy killed JFK, it's in the video. She was a CIA mind controlled slave with MPD; An old art of war used by the secret religions.

The CIA takes it's orders from Vatican; and the rest of the government takes it's orders from the CIA. Basically CIA == Western Hemisphere Illuminati. They protect anyone who tries to go after luciferin cults; because they are one, same with the Vatican.

Vatican takes it's orders for the Lizard people (Who eat humans the same way we eat cows) and the lizard people take there orders from Anu, The Lizard King emperor of universe.

...at lest that's the David Ickein theory on the Universe (~collectively). But dose anyone trust David Icke? Lulzsec clams to be a bunch of lizards, maybe they are?  I don't trust Alex Jones anymore, but I always wanted to believe in David Icke because everyone laughed at him. Alan Walt said some pretty interesting things on Lizard people, he said it's just an Illusion they want us to make real (Same way Alex Jones wants to make WWIII real right now, by using people's fear to manifest it. God what a dick).

If you don't buy them your left with Peter Joseph, who says corporations and governments do what they do naturally. It's just evolution, and corporations adhere to one thing and one thing only; It's called the bottom line. Overtime these corporation became so big an powerful they just decided to conspire together to screw the rest of us, instead of tearing each other apart. The CIA, protects these corporations because they are "American Corporations" and that somehow that makes them less corrupt then any other corporation... So obliviously we need to go have wars and replace all the evil corporations with our good corporations, basically government hypocrisy at an all time extreme.

At anyrate, I don't know what to believe. But if I was going to give a speech about Bitcoin to the CIA, I would frame the information in a way that I would want the enemies of Bitcoin to understand it.
finnthecelt

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 05:08:50 PM

Thanks Gavin! I see that you use "digital currency" in the title (instead of "virtual currency" that is used on www.bitcoin.org) and I think that's a great choice. There's a thread somewhere suggesting that we change "virtual" to "digital" on the home page, so could we do that now? Digital currency sounds like real money, virtual currency sounds like play money.

I second that. A very good observation and well made point. I third it as well.
passerby

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 05:27:33 PM

Jakie Kennedy killed JFK, it's in the video. She was a CIA mind controlled slave with MPD; An old art of war used by the secret religions.

The CIA takes it's orders from Vatican; and the rest of the government takes it's orders from the CIA. Basically CIA == Western Hemisphere Illuminati. They protect anyone who tries to go after luciferin cults; because they are one, same with the Vatican.

Vatican takes it's orders for the Lizard people (Who eat humans the same way we eat cows) and the lizard people take there orders from Anu, The Lizard King emperor of universe.

...at lest that's the David Ickein theory on the Universe (~collectively). But dose anyone trust David Icke? Lulzsec clams to be a bunch of lizards, maybe they are?  I don't trust Alex Jones anymore, but I always wanted to believe in David Icke because everyone laughed at him. Alan Walt said some pretty interesting things on Lizard people, he said it's just an Illusion they want us to make real (Same way Alex Jones wants to make WWIII real right now, by using people's fear to manifest it. God what a dick).

Wink

At anyrate, I don't know what to believe. But if I was going to give a speech about Bitcoin to the CIA, I would frame the information in a way that I would want the enemies of Bitcoin to understand it.

Why would CIA be hostile to bitcoin?

Bitcoin is relatively good for financing assassins and doing general laundering. Things CIA can appreciate, a lot.
ryepdx

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 05:34:19 PM

But if I was going to give a speech about Bitcoin to the CIA, I would frame the information in a way that I would want the enemies of Bitcoin to understand it.

Probably would not be a wise decision on your part. Everything that can be known about Bitcoin is readily available to anyone willing to do a little digging. If the CIA ever does set its sights on Bitcoin, they're sure as hell going to know it inside and out. And if some parts of your presentation turned out to have been a little misinformative... well, that would be a bit suspicious. I mean sure, present Bitcoin with the audience in mind, spin things their direction, but there's really only so much framing one can do when the whole picture's out in the open for all to see.
nosfera2

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 06:02:47 PM

On page 3: "Your computer must be connected to the Internet to send or receive transactions..."

That's not true for receiving now, is it?
finnthecelt

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 06:58:08 PM

On page 3: "Your computer must be connected to the Internet to send or receive transactions..."

Ask Al Gore, he'll know.
em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2011, 07:05:44 PM

Ask Al Gore, he'll know.

Good point.  Your computer doesn't have to be connected in order to receive transactions.

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
terryfkwit

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 07:07:50 PM

Top man Gavin... total transparency in the bitcoin ethos is what will puddle these guys... how can something so open and transparent be dangerous. .. the success of an honest open endevour is an alien concept to these people
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 08:18:31 PM

The computer won't receive the transactions if it's not connected, the transaction will take place, but the computer will not have any info about it until it gets an updated copy of the blockchain.

Transactions don't actually go to any computer, they stay "in the cloud", individual computers just got a log of the transactions that took place (not necessarily an up-to-date log though), and the keys to make new transactions.

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
Coma

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 08:26:36 PM

From Gavin's presentation:
That would be OK with me; competition is good. We enjoy the highest standard of living in the world because U.S. companies have been freely competing with each other and with countries all over the world for a couple of hundred years

wtf is this...?
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 09:10:42 PM

Lol, a nice amount of patriotism... maybe we should invite Gavin here in Europe  Grin

MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 09:35:38 PM

Lol, a nice amount of patriotism... maybe we should invite Gavin here in Europe  Grin

Do you think that your standard of living is higher in Europe?

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
unemployed

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2011, 09:52:51 PM

Overally I liked the presentation. Gavin seems to have the values right, presents himself as a global patriot more than a local patriot. Does not show unnecessary weaknesses. Seems sincere.
A very good decision to be open about the whole visit.
One concern left is whether Gavin signed NDA with CIA or some other agency. And if there were any attempts of direct or indirect intimidation with oppressive finance/banking/anti-laundering law.

Incostistencies noticed:
1. In the presentation microtransactions are encouraged (slide 6 about instawallet), contrary to some opinions of developers on this forum.
2. Slide 8. "The biggest barrier to the adoption of bitcoin by merchants selling physical goods is bitcoinʼs huge hour-to-hour price volatility."
Is it the biggest barrier for sure? What are the others and what can be done about the others?
3. Slide 30. "As multiple implementations of bitcoin appear, there might need to be a more formal organizational structure to work out interoperability problems."
This made me curious.

╭═══════ Petlife ═══════╮
   Blockchain in veterinary medicine    │
╰════ https://icopet.life/ ════╯
£

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 10:00:04 PM

Do you think that your standard of living is higher in Europe?

There are 8 European counties with a higher standard of living that the US (2010 HDI figures), although the US does consistently very well and is rarely (from year to year) outside the top 10 countries (although it is at number 12 for 2010 figures I expect it to be back around 8 in the 2011 figures for all the obvious reasons).

1.    Norway 0.876
   2.    Australia 0.864
   3.    Sweden 0.824
   4.    Netherlands 0.818
   5.    Germany 0.814
   6.    Switzerland 0.813
   7.    Ireland 0.813
   8.    Canada 0.812
   9.    Iceland 0.811
   10.    Denmark 0.810
   11.    Finland 0.806
   12.    United States 0.799
   13.    Belgium 0.794
   14.    France 0.792
   15.    Czech Republic 0.790
   16.    Austria 0.787
   17.    Spain 0.779
   18.    Luxembourg 0.775
   19.    Slovenia 0.771
   20.    Greece 0.768
   21.    United Kingdom 0.766
   22.    Slovakia 0.764
   23.    Israel 0.763
   24.    Italy 0.752
   25.    Hungary 0.736
   26.    Estonia 0.733
   27.    South Korea 0.731
   28.    Cyprus 0.716
   29.    Poland 0.709
   30.    Portugal 0.700
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: