Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:43:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 [490] 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S3+ Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 709810 times)
hodedowe

Activity: 359
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 02:35:34 PM

^^^ You are mining on your last pool which shows an LSDiff of 302

This is my solo miner, mining on the first pool in failover mode.

The last pool is ck's solo pool, diff on all should be 49.9G

The picture tells a different story. 1st pool is alive but clearly says the rig has Never sent any shares, so it seems to have failed over to the 2nd pool which is dead thus again failed over to the 3rd pool, which is the one being mined at the time of the screenshot (and ever since the miner was switched on 5hrs+ to the screenshot).
Your share diff on the solo pool will be adjusted to your rig's speed .... not the network diff.

That makes sense...so the problem is i guess why the bitcoin-qt isnt sending work.   This is my only solo and I thought I has it working properly.

All I changed was cgminer line 69 to add the btc-address parameter.

Solo mining is alive and profitable!
Helped? Thanks! 1CXRFh4bDVFBsUzoHMMDbTMPcBP14RUTus
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 02:40:08 PM

No idea why you changed anything Smiley

You can add --btc-address 1xxxxx in the "Miner Configuration" page "More Options(Default: --quiet)" as it says in the README Smiley
https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer-binaries/blob/master/AntS3/README#L86

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
hodedowe

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 02:59:21 PM

No idea why you changed anything Smiley

You can add --btc-address 1xxxxx in the "Miner Configuration" page "More Options(Default: --quiet)" as it says in the README Smiley
https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer-binaries/blob/master/AntS3/README#L86

Because that wasnt an option in the old config Smiley I should have read that readme!

Still no change in shares or lsdiff when using the more options window (cgminer set to default again)
but it is hashing...

On this shot I turned off all other pools other than local solo.

kano
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 03:43:35 PM

A direct to bitcoind solo accepted share is a block.

So yeah DiffA# being >0 (49G) happens when you find a block for that.

... and if you didn't notice Smiley your AntMIner changed the date/time while cgminer was mining ... that's why the GH/s, U, WU stats are messed up.
If that ever happens, just restart cgminer, or ignore it - you don't lose anything in that case.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
hodedowe

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 03:52:30 PM

... and if you didn't notice Smiley your AntMIner changed the date/time while cgminer was mining ... that's why the GH/s, U, WU stats are messed up.
If that ever happens, just restart cgminer, or ignore it - you don't lose anything in that case.

I did notice the time change. So it is working properly, however again there isn't a Diff column so the diff of 49.9g isn't showing up. I assume LSDiff is only for pools since only pools send shares?

SGTxSTAYxGRIND

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 09:48:14 PM

This is just a hunch but i could be something wrong with the controller board? and if so do they sell replacements still?

So i switched out PSU's and plugged 1 6pin onto each blade and now i have a red and green light indicators but still not popping up on the network

Getting it all sorted out, I think.....
hodedowe

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 09:58:41 PM

This is just a hunch but i could be something wrong with the controller board? and if so do they sell replacements still?

So i switched out PSU's and plugged 1 6pin onto each blade and now i have a red and green light indicators but still not popping up on the network

Not popping up, do you mean you changed your computer's IP to 192.168.... and checked 192.168.2.99 and it's still not working? (or whatever your default is)

MoreBloodWine
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 11:53:07 PM

You f'n kidding me ?

https://bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020150303095018716e2uWKIA70662

So BTC prices go up and so do the prices of the miners ? Was freakin 387 like 2 days ago.

Way to stay loyal BMT... guess the almighty buck does rule.

To be decided...
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 12:44:42 AM

You f'n kidding me ?

So BTC prices go up and so do the prices of the miners ? Was freakin 387 like 2 days ago.

Wrong thread this is S3's Smiley.

There is talk about it over here in S5 thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=902305.0 .   It at least was not a huge increase as far as BTC price.   Could have been worse.
hodedowe

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 02:54:04 AM

You f'n kidding me ?

Welcome to reality. The rest of us have been waiting for you  Cheesy

SGTxSTAYxGRIND

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 03:51:11 AM

Not popping up, do you mean you changed your computer's IP to 192.168.... and checked 192.168.2.99 and it's still not working? (or whatever your default is)

I don't see the miner in wired devices

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 04:05:35 AM

When you say molex adapters earlier ... are you using molex to pci adapter? ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=671189.msg11849656#msg11849656)

You also mentioned reset button on it.  Did you press the button when it was on or only off?

What PSU are you using?  Does S3 turn on?   Can you describe what it is doing?
SGTxSTAYxGRIND

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 07:51:00 AM

When you say molex adapters earlier ... are you using molex to pci adapter? ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=671189.msg11849656#msg11849656)

You also mentioned reset button on it.  Did you press the button when it was on or only off?

What PSU are you using?  Does S3 turn on?   Can you describe what it is doing?

OK, I had hit the reset switch originally while on then I thought it would be better to turn it off and reset. I'm using a corsair? Tx850, I just got off work and I'm not home. Now it boots on, red light flashes 1 second intervals then blinks fast and then both red and green lights are on

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 08:02:46 AM

OK, I had hit the reset switch originally while on then I thought it would be better to turn it off and reset. I'm using a corsair? Tx850, I just got off work and I'm not home. Now it boots on, red light flashes 1 second intervals then blinks fast and then both red and green lights are on

A tx850 with one pci-e power cable going to each blade.  That PSU should give it quite a bit of overhead, and is not a horrible brand like some pick.

A red flashing on and off in 1 second is indicating a fault.  I just read manual to make sure you don't have this machine in crazy heat do you?

Are you able to to GUI or anything useful?  I'm a little worried with you using reset button and mentioning off.  If you reset it and unplug power at wrong time could brick controller.

What was your original problem? 
SGTxSTAYxGRIND

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 08:16:05 AM

A tx850 with one pci-e power cable going to each blade.  That PSU should give it quite a bit of overhead, and is not a horrible brand like some pick.

A red flashing on and off in 1 second is indicating a fault.  I just read manual to make sure you don't have this machine in crazy heat do you?

Are you able to to GUI or anything useful?  I'm a little worried with you using reset button and mentioning off.  If you reset it and unplug power at wrong time could brick controller.

The original problem was that chain 2 went down while I was sleeping. Stayed up for about 4 hours watching temps and info making sure all was well and was so went to bed. Originally after I hit reset after no power, it booted back up and would hash on chain 1. Now I can't even access the GUI from the web. If it's a controller I'm not too pissed at myself as long as my blades are OK. I looked at blade 2 with the outside heatsink off and nothing appears to be burned out or faulty

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 08:21:33 AM

The original problem was that chain 2 went down while I was sleeping. Stayed up for about 4 hours watching temps and info making sure all was well and was so went to bed. Originally after I hit reset after no power, it booted back up and would hash on chain 1. Now I can't even access the GUI from the web. If it's a controller I'm not too pissed at myself as long as my blades are OK. I looked at blade 2 with the outside heatsink off and nothing appears to be burned out or faulty

I think possibly though one of those resets or other you controller got bricked.   I would ask bitmain and see i they agree - https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

If so you most likely will be told to use serial to USB to try to recover it.

You need to fix this before diving into blades again.
SGTxSTAYxGRIND

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 08:55:19 AM

I think possibly though one of those resets or other you controller got bricked.   I would ask bitmain and see i they agree - https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

If so you most likely will be told to use serial to USB to try to recover it.

You need to fix this before diving into blades again.

....crap OK, controller I feel I can deal with. I will do some shooting when I can get home and post the results in the morning

kano
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 10:00:14 AM

I did notice the time change. So it is working properly, however again there isn't a Diff column so the diff of 49.9g isn't showing up. I assume LSDiff is only for pools since only pools send shares?
Firstly, when pool mining, the pool diff will be the last share diff except for the short period of time when the pool diff changes until you submit a new share - usually only a few seconds ... and the pool diff should rarely if ever change unless the pool handles diff badly.

For solo mining, the pool diff is the network diff and yeah that changes about once every two weeks, so it's not something that changes often.

The field they were displaying there isn't in the standard cgminer API.
It's also a text string field used for displaying on the cgminer screen, not a numerical data field.

So in my version, no it wont be shown, and for all but solo miners, it would be almost always the same as LSDiff.

hodedowe

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 02:51:53 PM

Firstly, when pool mining, the pool diff will be the last share diff except for the short period of time when the pool diff changes until you submit a new share - usually only a few seconds ... and the pool diff should rarely if ever change unless the pool handles diff badly.

For solo mining, the pool diff is the network diff and yeah that changes about once every two weeks, so it's not something that changes often.

The field they were displaying there isn't in the standard cgminer API.
It's also a text string field used for displaying on the cgminer screen, not a numerical data field.

So in my version, no it wont be shown, and for all but solo miners, it would be almost always the same as LSDiff.

That's OK. I spent yesterday evening figuring it out. I added it myself and now it's working great (albeit at 51.1g OMG!). Thanks for the framework anyway.

hodedowe

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 02:54:16 PM

I still think this is the problem. "Wired Devices" isn't where you look. You have to change your IP address on your computer, then test it in a browser. You may not see it in a discovery scan at all so don't depend on that.

Pages: « 1 ... 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 [490] 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 »
  Print  

Jump to: