Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:22:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 386 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HYP] HyperStake | Generous Reward Staking | Advanced Staking Controls & Wallet  (Read 679269 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 12:40:15 PM

I couldn't see a richlist for TRUCK - I was interested to find out who the biggest holders are and to see how well it's dispersed, which will be obviously mirrored in HYP.
No richlist that we are aware of for TRK. I personally would like Unick to be the one creating the HYP block explorer, since he is most familiar with this - and get some inspiration from some great NOBL richlist, while we're at it.

So, just for clarification; wallet.dat is to be COPIED from TRK to HYP, and both wallets will still initially work with equal coins?
or are we moving from TRK to HYP and closing TRK?

from what i'm reading; we currently have a sort-of buy one get one free thing going on, yeah?
No (we are not closing TRK) and yes (buy one get one free, but you must buy before hard fork).

So if i buy TRK, i can then get my HYP, and then sell my TRK?
Yes. You can either dump them, sell them carefully at more than the price you bought them, or just stake them too (you can stake TRK and HYP). TRK will still be PoW, whilst HYP will not.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 12:42:23 PM

I couldn't see a richlist for TRUCK - I was interested to find out who the biggest holders are and to see how well it's dispersed, which will be obviously mirrored in HYP.
No richlist that we are aware of for TRK. I personally would like Unick to be the one creating the HYP block explorer, since he is most familiar with this - and get some inspiration from some great NOBL richlist, while we're at it.

So, just for clarification; wallet.dat is to be COPIED from TRK to HYP, and both wallets will still initially work with equal coins?
or are we moving from TRK to HYP and closing TRK?

from what i'm reading; we currently have a sort-of buy one get one free thing going on, yeah?
No (we are not closing TRK) and yes (buy one get one free, but you must buy before hard fork).

Good. Thanks

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
armin22

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 12:43:12 PM

So if i buy TRK, i can then get my HYP, and then sell my TRK?

Still need an answer before i put in my 10k buy???

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 12:47:10 PM

Still need an answer before i put in my 10k buy???
I updated my previous post.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 12:47:27 PM

I was thinking of renaming HYP to HYPE

Mintcoin did this. In the early days, it was MNT, then became MINT. Three-letters for the sake of it should be avoided. HYPE is great, it is an English word, is easily recognizable and fits well we the "not-too-serious" aspect of HyperStake - I don't think the meaning of "hype" will underserve HyperStake, by the way. Plus, since it is not launched yet, no need for any renaming for exchanges.

Your opinion on renaming HYP in HYPE ?

phoneled

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 12:49:25 PM

this coin is used for pumping TRK?

Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 01:08:10 PM

HYPE is hype
Hype is money  Smiley
foxy

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 01:12:25 PM

I like HYPE as well.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Dexter12

Activity: 433

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 01:17:43 PM

HYPE > HYP ... i like it... Cool
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 01:30:26 PM

It is possible than HYP is already taken. Please tell us if this is the case.
HYP to the Mooon !
Tss, tsss, tsss... To hyperspace Smiley

Engage!

make it so!

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 01:43:20 PM

it will be forked from trk tonight if i understand correctly , all the trk u will have in your wallet at the time of the Fork you will have in HYPE as well.
after the fork you will have your trk coin wallet and a Hype  wallet. both coins will remain in circulation.
after the fork you will copy your wallet .dat from TRK wallet to Hype wallet then for every trk u have in your wallet at you will have a Hype as well.
so if u have 10k trk tonight(in your wallet) u will have 10k trk AND 10k hype in 2 different wallets after the fork. you have to install hype wallet and copy the wallet.dat from trk there.
your wallet.dat you will find at c:\users\*your username*\appdata\roaming\Truckcoin\wallet.dat and you will have to copy it to c:\users\*your username*\appdata\roaming\Hype (im not 100% it will be named hype but it will be close)

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
FlungSpun

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 01:43:55 PM

Haha I like you guys so I'm playing along and see where we get with the "experiment"

Honestly you had me at we are "experienced holders" in the OP Cheesy you get an investment for the chuckle on a crappy day.
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 01:45:16 PM

it will be forked from trk tonight if i understand correctly , all the trk u will have in your wallet at the time of the Fork you will have in HYPE as well.
after the fork you will have your trk coin wallet and a Hype  wallet. both coins will remain in circulation.
after the fork you will copy your wallet .dat from TRK wallet to Hype wallet then for every trk u have in your wallet at you will have a Hype as well.
so if u have 10k trk tonight(in your wallet) u will have 10k trk AND 10k hype in 2 different wallets after the fork. you have to install hype wallet and copy the wallet.dat from trk there.
your wallet.dat you will find at c:\users\*your username*\appdata\roaming\Truckcoin\wallet.dat and you will have to copy it to c:\users\*your username*\appdata\roaming\Hype (im not 100% it will be named hype but it will be close)
100% correct, thank you Smiley

phoneled

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 01:59:14 PM

yes, so people buy TRK now, and it's at high price, the dev can dump it Grin
After the fork, u get 2 coin, but less value

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 02:01:45 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2014, 02:17:12 PM by David Latapie

yes, so people buy TRK now, and it's at high price, the dev can dump it Grin
After the fork, u get 2 coin, but less value
My personal opinion:
If you have TRK, just wait.
If you don't have TRK, don't buy, since the price is being pumped. Buy later, like three days after the fork, when things will settle down - granted, you will have to buy both TRK and HYP, but as phoneled mention, post-pump the price of both of them would be cheaper than the price now.
IMHO.

armin22

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 02:07:18 PM

My TRK Wallet wont sync..............

It's gaining "Blocks Remaining" instead of actually downloading them...

FlungSpun

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 02:08:46 PM

its a bad wallet .. just keep closing and reopening it .. it'll get there in  the end
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 02:10:53 PM

Ask on the TRK thread. I heard a lot of people had difficulties with TRK precompiled wallet. I compiled mine myself, here's the code for Linux (provided you already have the required dependancies):

Code:
mkdir ~/cryptos ; cd ~/cryptos && rm -rf Truckcoin && git clone git://github.com/truckit/Truckcoin && cd Truckcoin && qmake-qt4 Truckcoin.pro && make && ln -s ~/cryptos/Truckcoin/truckcoin-qt ~/Desktop/TRK

Dexter12

Activity: 433

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 02:11:35 PM

Try to close and reopen it ... had the same problem, but after closing and reopening the wallet a few times it finally worked out for me..
Edit: i am always to late Wink
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 02:16:36 PM

Alright I think I am awake  Shocked  quick trip to Dunkin donuts and I will be ready for coding/irc/q&a etc.  Glad to see people taking interest in our fun little project.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 386 »
  Print  

Jump to: