Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:36:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 386 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HYP] HyperStake | Generous Reward Staking | Advanced Staking Controls & Wallet  (Read 679270 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cycoinminer

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 06:50:34 AM

Might I suggest that instead of pushing for exchanges, you all push for real goods and services sold and exchanged for HYP as the base currency? If all it's going to be is another way to indirectly mine BTC, then what's the point?

If anyone wants Kaspersky Pure 3.0, I have licences for 1 PC / 1 Year for sale.

I'd be happy to sell each licence for 10k HYP to get the ball rolling....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 07:25:23 AM

Are there any plans to get HYP listed on Bittrex or somewhere a little larger to give the coin more exposure?
Just had a look on coin-swap and 24 hr trading is only 0.005BTC, so very little going on there at the moment.

Cy

we really need the hyperstake community to push for new exchanges collectively. Everyone needs to keep tweeting @poloniex and @ExchangeBittrex to try and show this is a coin worth listing for them.

Any update on the dev roadmap?

Right now I am in the middle of launching a local business with a group of partners. This is keeping me very busy and not a whole lot of time to devote to wallet development right now, although I will still be able to do some weekend coding sessions, etc.

What does everyone really want out of HYP? Right now I am leaning towards not adding an anti-inflation fork, because i don't think it is necessary, but if everyone wants one, I can  add one in. What are everyone's thoughts on this?

Other than that, I have all of the new icons that moneromoo has been working on that will be added to the wallet, as well as new RPC commands that I will create over time.  I will also be watching all of the work Tranz puts into HBN and porting over whatever I see that would fit HYP well.

I have a fully custom QT GUI that I am working on on the side, but this is a slow project that I am not focusing on a lot right now.  

That is my current thoughts for the direction of HYP. If the community wants the speed of development to pick up then we will need a community team to help submit pulls on github.

I am assuming that by this you mean leave the cap at 1K as originally planned?

I think that's quite alright for the time being, as POS is the sole means of mining these coins. The inflation, currently, is not egregious. It can always be capped further in the future if necessary. So far, this has proven to be quite a successful experiment. Far moreso than I thought it would be. I'll be straight up honest here, I joined in because I like you. But that has grown. I think this coin has legs, and I think that we can make something cool out of it. I see it as the spending money arm of POS coins, with the lower staking coins being more along the savings side. In fact, I kind of foresee that as a good marketing goal among the "high" staking community. Coins like HyperStake being used primarily for higher volume transactions and trade for the slower staking coins such as HoboNickels, Fire and TECH. TEK kind of stands in an odd position in that hierarchy, as it's quite a large stake but it takes a good amount of time to reach it.

You, David and I have spoken privately about a trading website that is denominated in some of the high staking coins. I had intended to keep that quiet until I had time to pursue it, but I think the idea is too good to keep under my hat. I don't need the glory, and I'd like to see such a thing get going. So there it is, boys and girls. I had originally conceived it as a marketplace for TEK denominated goods and services, but presstab and David convinced me by mere suggestion that it would be better to make it a few staking currencies. I intend to do this, but it's a big web and a big project. Anyone who is inspired to run with it needs no approval from me, and if you can do it quicker and better than I, I'll support yours.

I believe that this is where digital currencies MUST go if they are to ever be more than an alternate method of acquiring bitcoin or dollars. We need to get real world goods and services traded DIRECTLY for the coins we believe in, or else they will fade away. This is why I'm never in a hurry for a coin to hit the exchanges. When it does, it becomes just one more trick to get bitcoins. Not that exchanges are without value, they are not. But they are a very narrow focus, and that is not the purpose of money.
ButtCrack

Activity: 432

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 10:35:16 AM

Trying to figure out the POS thing of HyperStake.
If someone has all his coins on 1 pile and opens his wallet a couple of times a year will that person also get 750% or will reward be capped ?

▄█
            ██  ██
           ██  ████
          ██  ██  ██
         ██  ██    ██
        ██  ██  ██  ██
       ██  ██    ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
     ██  ██  ████  ██  ██
    ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
   ██  ██  ██    ██  ██  ██
  ██  ██  ██████████  ██  ██
 ██                    ██  ██
█████████████████████▄  ██  █
                         ██
▀███████████████████████████

█████ █   █ █████      ███          █████████████▄▄    ████            ████     ▄▄██████████      ▄▄██████████
  █   █   █ █         █████         ████████████████    ████          ████     █████████████     █████████████
  █   █████ █████    ███████        ███         ▀███     ████        ████     ███▀              ███▀
  █   █   █ █        ███ ███        ███          ███      ████      ████      ███               ███
  █   █   █ █████   ███   ███       ███          ███       ████    ████       ███               ███
                    ███   ███       ███         ▄███        ████  ████        ███▄              ███▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▀          ████████          ██████████▄▄      ██████████▄▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▄           ██████            ▀▀██████████      ▀▀██████████
                  ███       ███     ███         ▀███           ████                      ▀███              ▀███
                  █████████████     ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███████████████    ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███         ███    ███         ▄███           ████                      ▄███              ▄███
                ███           ███   ████████████████           ████           ██████████████    ██████████████
                ███           ███   █████████████▀▀            ████           ███████████▀▀     ███████████▀▀

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
TOKEN-SALE : Apr 16 2018
     DAICO :       May 16 2018

ANN Thread  ■  Whitepaper
■  Twitter
■  Telegram
■  Facebook
foxy

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 12:37:04 PM

we collectively put exchanges on the back burner till we sorted out if and when a fork was necessary. but I do also agree with an earlier point- besides a bit more visibility there is not a terrible lot more to be gained. all of the exchanges are in a weird place at the moment, there's a lot of bad stuff going down each week. it hasn't been a bad thing that we're not involved in any of that.

anyway I am also doing what I can to get us some new features, but will keep at it till I know more and can deliver. there's a lot up in the air at the moment but as soon as we have more things nailed down there will be an update for all of you.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 09:19:18 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2014, 09:53:29 PM by presstab

At his point I think Cryptsy might be worth pushing for... I know some people have strong feelings about Cryptsy, but I think it could be strategic because a lot of the PoS coins trade there with decent volume.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 09:57:56 PM

If someone has all his coins on 1 pile and opens his wallet a couple of times a year will that person also get 750% or will reward be capped ?

You can do this. There is a ceiling of 1,000 HYP per stake. So if your 750% annual rate produces a reward of more than 1,000, then it will be capped. If it produces a reward under 1,000 then there is no cap. So planning your staking goals correctly can help to avoid any cap.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 10:19:36 PM

Also I just filled out the coin request form on coinmarketcap. Hopefully they add us  Roll Eyes

ButtCrack

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:48:29 AM

You can do this. There is a ceiling of 1,000 HYP per stake. So if your 750% annual rate produces a reward of more than 1,000, then it will be capped. If it produces a reward under 1,000 then there is no cap. So planning your staking goals correctly can help to avoid any cap.
That must be real "fun" for ppl with a lot of coins, more coins more work.
Usually its the other way around !
Interesting project, will keep an eye open on this one.

▄█
            ██  ██
           ██  ████
          ██  ██  ██
         ██  ██    ██
        ██  ██  ██  ██
       ██  ██    ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
     ██  ██  ████  ██  ██
    ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
   ██  ██  ██    ██  ██  ██
                         ██

█████ █   █ █████      ███          █████████████▄▄    ████            ████     ▄▄██████████      ▄▄██████████
  █   █   █ █         █████         ████████████████    ████          ████     █████████████     █████████████
  █   █████ █████    ███████        ███         ▀███     ████        ████     ███▀              ███▀
  █   █   █ █        ███ ███        ███          ███      ████      ████      ███               ███
  █   █   █ █████   ███   ███       ███          ███       ████    ████       ███               ███
                    ███   ███       ███         ▄███        ████  ████        ███▄              ███▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▀          ████████          ██████████▄▄      ██████████▄▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▄           ██████            ▀▀██████████      ▀▀██████████
                  ███       ███     ███         ▀███           ████                      ▀███              ▀███
                  █████████████     ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███████████████    ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███         ███    ███         ▄███           ████                      ▄███              ▄███
                ███           ███   ████████████████           ████           ██████████████    ██████████████
                ███           ███   █████████████▀▀            ████           ███████████▀▀     ███████████▀▀

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █

■  Twitter
■  Telegram
■  Facebook
ButtCrack

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:15:53 PM

ok, I have bought some hyp, might as well give it a try then reading about it. Wink

▄█
            ██  ██
           ██  ████
          ██  ██  ██
         ██  ██    ██
        ██  ██  ██  ██
       ██  ██    ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
     ██  ██  ████  ██  ██
    ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
   ██  ██  ██    ██  ██  ██
                         ██

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █

■  Twitter
■  Telegram
■  Facebook
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 01:27:23 PM

Actually, it's not really that big of a deal. I brought a lot of TRK into HyperStake and it pretty much just took 5 minutes to break up my large blocks of coins.

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
foxy

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:43:11 PM

Community Update

Hi everyone! Lots of interesting discussions on the thread these past few days. Keep it coming, the more ideas we have flying
around, the more likely that one or two of them will stick. So over the next week we can make a collective effort to get a few
things done.
-A web based richlist. Both Presstab and David have agreed with me that it's worth offering a bounty so that we can finally
get this sorted. If any of you know someone who can create and maintain this for HYP let me know, we will pay from the staking
bounty fund.
-Merchants. Currently we have not pushed for real world adoption since the coin is very new, and not yet reached a stable price floor.
However there's no reason that you can't reach out to small businesses who may be open to accepting crypto, or maybe have steady
relationships with other coins.
-A larger exchange. I'm in agreement that cryptsy seems to be the only larger exchange that is tolerant of high POS coins. The email
address I see on the coinvoting page is support@cryptsy.com, it's always best that a dev contact directly and perhaps offer source code
so that they can see it's sound.
https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/forums/4000000207 also seems to be an area for new coin requests, I have to hold my
hands up and admit I am not a cryptsy user so any input from you guys would be great to move this forward. I'm sure I see the cryptsy staff
floating around the forum every now and again.

Presstab has some exciting real life news that will be taking up a lot of his time whilst David has a hand in several other projects too, but it's
important to remind everyone that they are unpaid devs, doing a lot of work when possible in their spare time. So please just keep that in mind,
every effort will continue to move this thing forward Smiley

https://twitter.com/HyperStake
IRC: ##hyperstake

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 03:37:35 PM

ok, I have bought some hyp, might as well give it a try then reading about it. Wink

Welcome to the laboratory.
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 06:58:18 PM

On coinmarketcap.com now  Cheesy

Bumberchute

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 07:02:30 PM

Yay! We're #163 on there. Next lets get on another exchange and move up that list!
waxo

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 07:52:24 PM

good news presstab !

kingpin69

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 11:42:14 AM

Community Update

Hi everyone! Lots of interesting discussions on the thread these past few days. Keep it coming, the more ideas we have flying
around, the more likely that one or two of them will stick. So over the next week we can make a collective effort to get a few
things done.
-A web based richlist. Both Presstab and David have agreed with me that it's worth offering a bounty so that we can finally
get this sorted. If any of you know someone who can create and maintain this for HYP let me know, we will pay from the staking
bounty fund.
-Merchants. Currently we have not pushed for real world adoption since the coin is very new, and not yet reached a stable price floor.
However there's no reason that you can't reach out to small businesses who may be open to accepting crypto, or maybe have steady
relationships with other coins.
-A larger exchange. I'm in agreement that cryptsy seems to be the only larger exchange that is tolerant of high POS coins. The email
address I see on the coinvoting page is support@cryptsy.com, it's always best that a dev contact directly and perhaps offer source code
so that they can see it's sound.
https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/forums/4000000207 also seems to be an area for new coin requests, I have to hold my
hands up and admit I am not a cryptsy user so any input from you guys would be great to move this forward. I'm sure I see the cryptsy staff
floating around the forum every now and again.

Presstab has some exciting real life news that will be taking up a lot of his time whilst David has a hand in several other projects too, but it's
important to remind everyone that they are unpaid devs, doing a lot of work when possible in their spare time. So please just keep that in mind,
every effort will continue to move this thing forward Smiley

https://twitter.com/HyperStake
IRC: ##hyperstake
once cryptsy are approached through the support email which i agree would be best practice for the dev to approach, if they decide to put the coin up to vote, anyone with a cryptsy account can put 1 vote towards it being listed. Good work on getting the coin on coinmarket cap presstab!
MoneroMooo
Legendary

Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 11:50:49 AM

I found it a bit unwieldy to look in the coins control dialog for the date to work out whether any coins are to stake soon, so I added a column with the coin age in days - close to 8.8 means they're about to stake.

http://pastebin.com/14NdWswb

I can change it to subtract 8.8 (so negative means not staking yet) if people prefer it that way (as it may not be well known the min stake age is 8.8 days).

Should apply to latest master with "git apply filename" with the file you saved the patch to.
Trololoh

Activity: 461

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 12:40:22 PM

I found it a bit unwieldy to look in the coins control dialog for the date to work out whether any coins are to stake soon, so I added a column with the coin age in days - close to 8.8 means they're about to stake.

I can change it to subtract 8.8 (so negative means not staking yet) if people prefer it that way (as it may not be well known the min stake age is 8.8 days).

Should apply to latest master with "git apply filename" with the file you saved the patch to.

It would be great if cc ( CoinControl ) would remember last column positions and view mode.
Different users = different preferences.

I prefer tree view and sort by labels since I use 9 different labelled addresses.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 02:27:13 PM

I contacted Cryptsy privately and also started a new thread that should appear here https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions once the moderation has done its job (please post the exact link once you have it).

Also, I bought hyperstake.com some time ago but won't have time to manage it (including installing a real theme). A bounty could be paid for setting up a nice web site and maintaining it (including new content). The "creation/maintenance" and "new content" part may be two different bounties for two different person, nothing's decided yet.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 04:10:30 PM

Looks good! Thanks for the work MoneroMooo!!  Do you want to submit a pull request or me to throw up a commit?  I love having other people helping to improve the wallet.

Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 386 »
  Print  

Jump to: