Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:04:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 386 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HYP] HyperStake | Generous Reward Staking | Advanced Staking Controls & Wallet  (Read 679263 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
foxy

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:57:24 PM

this joke never gets old cause I love jimi lol

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Trololoh

Activity: 461

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:17:54 PM

Got picked up by a new exchange, let me know how they are https://www.coincubess.com/trading/HYP_BTC

Looks suspicious at first glance.

COINCUBESS IS A SCAM !!!

Sent a test amount and it never (after 24 hrs) arrived, no response from "support"
Please share and spread the warning !
Trololoh

Activity: 461

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 10:10:22 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2014, 11:31:56 PM by Trololoh

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/13587-distributed-blockchain/

"Distributed block chain."
(As proposed to David Latapie in irc chat, July 18, 2014)

If you have 100 peers in a swarm, theoretically you only need to have 1% of block chain locally stored or cached.

-Huge reduction in locally stored data, this would allow to change reference wallets/clients  instantly into
 "light" wallets like Electrum, Multibit.
-Fully decentralised in contrast to Electrum, Multibit.
-Dynamically adjusting cache size, using uptime, bandwidth, reachability, size of network, etc.
 (Manual override should of course also be available...)
-Might be easy to implement using Libtorrent (what else ?) as a backbone.
-For long-term "health" of chain seeders are needed, 24-7.

Anyway just a thought I had, inspired by Torrent and Gnu.net, and it is that obvious or a logical thing to do, that there surely must be some projects out there that are already working on it.

EDIT:
Cleaned up typos
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:30:06 AM

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/13587-distributed-blockchain/

If you have 100 peers in a swarm, theoretically you only need to have 1% of block chain locally stored or cached.

-Huge reduction in locally stored data, this would allow to change reference wallets/clients  instantly into
 "light" wallets like Electrum, Multibit.
-Fully decentralised in contrast to Electrum, Multibit.
-Dynamically adjusting cache size, using uptime, bandwidth, reachability, size of network, etc.
 (Manual override should of course also be available...)
-Might be easy to implement using Libtorrent (what else ?) as a backbone.
-For long-term "health" of chain seeders are needed, 24-7.

Anyway just a thought I had, inspired by Torrent and Gnu.net, and it is that obvious or a logical thing to do, that there surely must be some projects out there that are already working on it.

EDIT:
Cleaned up typos

I like this idea a lot.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
Mike270

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 07:44:20 AM

Some thoughts on that:
Why not use torrent code outright? That way, lots of code reuse could happen. A node could be a full or a partial node (perhaps a configurable %age of blockchain?). A full node could act as torrent seeder. Since the blockchain evolves, how about simulating a file for each x blocks/MB that is then loaded via torrent - would also speed up initializing a node (instead of requesting blocks one-by-one). File compression could also be considered here.

1% of blockchain with 100 nodes would probably be problematic, each piece of the blockchain needs to be held by multiple nodes in case a node drops out of the network. Even when only two nodes have unique information, they might happen to belong to the same network and get lost when going offline.

How would a partial node know which blocks it needs for having complete info on the addresses it holds without broadcasting its addresses (thinking BitMessage here)? Would it download each block but only keep those it needs? Then it would still take ages for a blockchain like Bitcoin to first initialize. Use something like Tor to anonymously find out about the blocks required, but then download those (and some random blocks for obfuscation) via "normal" network?

Store the info about blocks needed in wallet.dat as a way to "cache" it in case of a required blockchain-re-download?

How to handle the improbably event of a new address generation yielding an already existant address? re-scan for needed blocks after any address generation? Also would be necessary when importing an existing address.

Kind regards
Mike
foxy

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 11:46:59 AM

Community Update

Afternoon everyone!

Presstab has promised information on the incoming fork, as well as his plan for inflation control within the next 24 hours. He and David are
currently mocking up a roadmap so that future plans are clear and laid out for the community. Sorry about the delay!

However since there is a fork planned, it's less important to rush onto a large exchange until we are completely stable.
That said, do what you can to support the exchanges who were smart enough to pick HYP up in its early stages. Trade on
https://coin-swap.net/market/HYP/BTC and https://www.allcoin.com/trade/HYP_BTC to keep the volume fluid.

Today I've got a bounty for all you graphic designers to get your hands on a few HYP. Presstab and David are eager to update
the wallet now that a solid logo has been chosen and we need your help. Anyone who wants to step up and redesign the
icons that we have currently is welcome to check our shiny new bounty thread for all the details:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=704634.0

15000 HYP is up for grabs, with smaller prizes for other contributors. But move fast because this contest ends on Monday.

The irc is always open and it's usually raining HYP! Join us on freenode at ##hyperstake

DeFi on Tron
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
foxy

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:37:53 PM

armin is exactly right, do NOT use that exchange under any circumstances. reputable, safe exchanges will always be found in the OP.

trading is at your own risk anywhere else. thanks to trolo for his brave research  Wink

DeFi on Tron
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:39:52 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2014, 03:02:39 PM by presstab

HyperStake now trading on CoinCubess.

COINCUBES IS A SCAM EXCHANGE, BEWARE!

Deleted that post in case somebody was tempted to click without reading further.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:42:40 PM

We have started a new bounty wallet address if anyone would like to donate to it.  As David suggested a while back, a bounty wallet that stakes and accumulates more coins would be very helpful.

Address: pAvP3gYfuyDVbUt98ToMbwU9rwEdBV1dHW

Look forward to seeing some new wallet icons!

raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:24:08 PM

i've had one stake of 1000 that's rubbish  Undecided

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 04:41:36 PM

We have started a new bounty wallet address if anyone would like to donate to it.  As David suggested a while back, a bounty wallet that stakes and accumulates more coins would be very helpful.

Address: pAvP3gYfuyDVbUt98ToMbwU9rwEdBV1dHW
And to check the amount of coin in the staking bounty: http://hyp.cryptospread.com:2751/address/pAvP3gYfuyDVbUt98ToMbwU9rwEdBV1dHW

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 04:56:18 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2014, 03:10:13 AM by David Latapie

I pledged on the sixth of July that I would give 100% of my staking to the stake bounty. And I deliver. I'm adding 25282.8479 HYP to the stake bounty (pAvP3gYfuyDVbUt98ToMbwU9rwEdBV1dHW).

Bounty team:
Members of the bounty team pledge to redirect at least one part of their own stake to the "stake bounty" address. In order to not corrupt the experiment, they will refrain from sending their principal to the stake bounty address (they can still send some to the "regular generic bounty" address).

- David Latapie (100% then 25% once enough members)
Now, if two other persons would pledge to send some of their stake on the bounty, that would be great Smiley I would move to 25% of my stake. Other don't have to send 100% or even 25%. Just send. And after a while, the bounty could feed itself by pure staking.

Additionally (I leave it to presstab since he is handling the bounty wallet), if the bounty is meant to stake periodically, it will by itself secure the blockchain. Killing plenty of birds with one stone!

Come on, go pledging, HYPsters Smiley

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
foxy

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:06:33 PM

omg HYPsters...please don't let that catch on lol

10000 from me Transaction ID: 70a41b9d1d42dd6d9eb9dfb9cedee2442625c883d2a891b5d07e193f6a107d47

DeFi on Tron
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:50:50 PM

I pledged on the sixth of July that I would give 100% of my staking to the stake bounty. And I deliver. I'm adding 25282.8479 HYP to the stake bounty (pAvP3gYfuyDVbUt98ToMbwU9rwEdBV1dHW).

Bounty team:
Members of the bounty team pledge to redirect at least one part of their own stake to the "stake bounty" address. In order to not corrupt the experiment, they will refrain from sending their principal to the stake bounty address (they can still send some to the "regular generic bounty" address).

Now, if two other person would pledge to send some of their stake on the bounty, that would be great Smiley I would move to 25% of my stake. Other don't have to send 100% or even 25%. Just send. And after a while, the bounty could feed itself by pure staking.

Additionally (I leave it to presstab since he is handling the bounty wallet), if the bounty is meant to stake periodically, it will by itself secure the blockchain. Killing plenty of birds with one stone!

Come on, go pledging, HYPsters Smiley

HYPsters, like hipster but more hyperactive!

Just sent some more to the wallet. And yes this could be used as a tool to keep the blockchain moving on target when needed.

mafort1469

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:09:13 PM

Good to see. Is the chain still moving slow? I figured by now it would be evening out somewhat.
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 06:43:41 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2014, 07:15:07 PM by David Latapie

Traffic on the bounty address tripled Smiley

Bounty team:

- presstab (?%)
One more person and I move my pledge to 25%

Edit: I noticed the bounty address culminated at 175496.94821 at 2014-07-22 17:47:38 then is now at 66860.561223, with a lot a values between parenthesis in between. I assume money stacking in not considered in balance and that the money "sent" is actually money stacking and that will be "back with a revenge". Am I right?

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 07:18:37 PM

Bounty team:

- presstab (?%)

Edit: I notice the bounty address culminated at 175496.94821 at 2014-07-22 17:47:38 then is now at 66860.561223, with a lot a values between parenthesis in between. I assume money stacking in not considered in balance and that the money "sent" is actually money stacking and that will be "back with a revenge". Am I right?

No ongoing pledge from me, as my stash is pretty small. But I'll put a 100 HYP to it as soon as I have that much in stake. Probably around ten days. And I'll throw something at it from time to time. I've always thought this was a better model for bounties than a premine anyway. I'd also suggest, for the future, that you have separate addresses for each proposed product or service. This will allow you to see exactly how much the community supports a given proposition.

Another thought is to have some other coins receivable for bounty. TEK and HBN for instance, and of course the King Cheesy
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 07:36:25 PM

Bounty team:

- presstab (?%)

Edit: I noticed the bounty address culminated at 175496.94821 at 2014-07-22 17:47:38 then is now at 66860.561223, with a lot a values between parenthesis in between. I assume money stacking in not considered in balance and that the money "sent" is actually money stacking and that will be "back with a revenge". Am I right?

It is from splitting blocks.

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 07:49:23 PM

No ongoing pledge from me, as my stash is pretty small. But I'll put a 100 HYP to it as soon as I have that much in stake. Probably around ten days. And I'll throw something at it from time to time. I've always thought this was a better model for bounties than a premine anyway. I'd also suggest, for the future, that you have separate addresses for each proposed product or service. This will allow you to see exactly how much the community supports a given proposition.
I agree for several adresses, this generic bounty is to get thing started and to test the proof of concept of a staking bounty. For the multiple staking bounty to work  (i.e. no stake mixing), however we will have to wait for HBN's multiwallet to be implemented on HYP.

Another thought is to have some other coins receivable for bounty. TEK and HBN for instance, and of course the King Cheesy
I'd prefer TEK to implement staking bunty (and HBN too). But for that, we must have some one take care of the TEK community more (HBN community has no problem).

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 07:53:57 PM

I agree for several adresses, this generic bounty is to get thing started and to test the proof of concept of a staking bounty. For the multiple staking bounty to work  (i.e. no stake mixing), however we will have to wait for HBN's multiwallet to be implemented on HYP.

I'd prefer TEK to implement staking bunty (and HBN too). But for that, we must have some one take care of the TEK community more (HBN community has no problem).

Probably not the place for it, other than I might extend it. I have plans for the TEK community, and Thundertoe is aware of them and approves. Not gonna say more than that right now due to too many obligations, but It's happening.

As for the multiwallet, no, you really don't. Just different receiving addresses to the same wallet, it keeps an account of it that way. I'd word it such that people know that if their pet project isn't the one that gets the most, that it will default to either the general fund or the one that has the most backing. This would also make it so the stakes get bigger, faster.

Multiwallet would be nice, though Cheesy

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 386 »
  Print  

Jump to: