Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:50:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 [253] 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 ... 386 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HYP] HyperStake | Generous Reward Staking | Advanced Staking Controls & Wallet  (Read 679269 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 10:23:16 PM

well there are a few ways...

first, depending on your stakesplitthreshold, the staked block would be bigger then 5k

or

if you are sending 100% of your stake somewhere else it would be the only block with 0 weight?

and

http://www.presstab.pw/phpexplorer/HYP/richlist.php

updates but lacks an address claim

don't forget this one http://hyp.cryptocoinexplorer.com/rich

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 12:53:48 AM

This is a very interesting conversation on staking strategy. Apparently this coin employs a more sophisticated staking mechanism than other coins that are POS. I suspect that the reward system is most likely linear in nature with some step functions built in. It is hard to tell without viewing the mathematics used for the staking algorithm. I will analyze it and let you know the results. It will take several months to a year before I see a pattern. I have a question about the process of identifying which block has staked. Suppose I have a set of 5 blocks of 5000 coins each all received on the same day. Exactly one month later one of the blocks stakes how do I tell which one of the 5 blocks staked?

You can identify the specific utxo (what we call a coin "block") by referring to what the outpoint is. Outpoint is a combination of the transaction hash it came from and the index number the output is in that specific output array. I plan on presenting this info in an easier to understand format on my explorer in the future.

The outpoint is included as a transaction input for the coinstake transaction.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 01:16:30 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2015, 01:28:42 AM by mmfiore

Does anyone have the formulas for calculating Potential Stake, Days to Stake, Weight and Priority? The calculations that are on the coin control page of the Wallet.

You can identify the specific utxo (what we call a coin "block") by referring to what the outpoint is. Outpoint is a combination of the transaction hash it came from and the index number the output is in that specific output array. I plan on presenting this info in an easier to understand format on my explorer in the future.

This would be very helpful to have. Thanks Presstab.

I would definitely like to see altcoins such as this be very successful. I have devised a way to make Hyper Stake and many other coins even more popular than they are today. If you would like I will present the idea here in a brief format. If this is permissible in this thread. I see the success of crypto currency as being accelerated by the use of my invention. The more coins that are successful the better the odds for all crypto currencies.

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
mafort1469

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 02:34:57 AM

Does anyone have the formulas for calculating Potential Stake, Days to Stake, Weight and Priority? The calculations that are on the coin control page of the Wallet.

I would definitely like to see altcoins such as this be very successful. I have devised a way to make Hyper Stake and many other coins even more popular than they are today. If you would like I will present the idea here in a brief format. If this is permissible in this thread. I see the success of crypto currency as being accelerated by the use of my invention. The more coins that are successful the better the odds for all crypto currencies.

Please do by all means necessary. I would really like to see your idea.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 06:32:08 AM

Sure, go for it. Be prepared to have it picked apart. If it holds up to that, it's a good idea. If it don't, you'll know how to revise it Cheesy
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 06:33:13 AM

Hey so are you guys aware that TruckCoin was cloned from X-Coin and that when the developer cloned X-Coin that they search and replaced "XC" with "TRK" so there are many instances in the HyperStake code where TRK still exists.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 07:06:20 AM

Hey so are you guys aware that TruckCoin was cloned from X-Coin and that when the developer cloned X-Coin that they search and replaced "XC" with "TRK" so there are many instances in the HyperStake code where TRK still exists.

Yeah, I was aware of that Cheesy Press has slowly culled them, it was a lot more early on. We still occasionally conflict on p2p and rpc ports too. The development of the two coins has diverged significantly. I'm in to both, though at current my highest holding in any coins is GMC, followed very closely by HyperStake. I had a fair stash of TEK, but I managed to kill my backup drive AND my main drive. Might be able to recover that, might not. I never had a lot of TRK, which was also lost in that debacle. Also HBN.

Y'all take a lesson from this. I failed to practice what I preach, a mistake I won't make again. Make regular backups of your wallet.dat file, and make 'em to CD or other permanent media. In USD terms, I probably lost about 600 dollars in this debacle. Totally my fault, too. Well, I didn't break the drives, that was my damn cats in the case of the backup, and simple mechanical failure due to age and abuse on the other one. But if I'd had proper backups, I'd have lost time and that's all.
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 09:24:07 AM

Yeah, I was aware of that Cheesy Press has slowly culled them, it was a lot more early on. We still occasionally conflict on p2p and rpc ports too. The development of the two coins has diverged significantly. I'm in to both, though at current my highest holding in any coins is GMC, followed very closely by HyperStake. I had a fair stash of TEK, but I managed to kill my backup drive AND my main drive. Might be able to recover that, might not. I never had a lot of TRK, which was also lost in that debacle. Also HBN.

Y'all take a lesson from this. I failed to practice what I preach, a mistake I won't make again. Make regular backups of your wallet.dat file, and make 'em to CD or other permanent media. In USD terms, I probably lost about 600 dollars in this debacle. Totally my fault, too. Well, I didn't break the drives, that was my damn cats in the case of the backup, and simple mechanical failure due to age and abuse on the other one. But if I'd had proper backups, I'd have lost time and that's all.

Thought I'd mention it since I follow the HYP code quite a bit, I've pulled a lot of it for PayCon. I generally don't have a ton of cash but appreciate being able to adapt features as I learn and play with code so I even paid presstab a couple times for some help and give credit where I can.
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 06:19:38 PM

I have set up a bootstrap server. Updated every hour.

Wow this is awesome!! Didnt see this until now. Adding to the OP Cheesy

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
ofeefee
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1001

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 06:52:49 PM

i have blockchain is too old notify developers.  Been out of touch on things for awhile, so apologies, is there a fix for this?

--o

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▄▄
▄███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▄
▄██▒▒▒█████████████████▒▒▒██▄
██▒▒████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄▄███▄▄████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀█████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄███████▄████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▀███▀▀▀▀▀████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▄███████▄███████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▀▀███▀▀▀▀███████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████████▄██████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████▀▀▀█████████▒▒██
▀██▒▒▒█████▄████▄██████▒▒▒██▀
▀███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▀
▀▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
.STRYKZ     THE TOKEN FOR ALL FOOTBALL FANS.
..TOKENISING FANTASY SPORTS▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬....

█████████████▄
██   ▄▄   ██▀██▄
██ ▄█▀▀█▄ ██▒▒▀██▄
██ ▀█▄▄█▀ ██▒▒▒▒▀██
██   ▀▀   █████████
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██               ██
███████████████████
Whitelist
WHITELIST
BOUNTIES

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
█████████████▀▀▀      ██████
████████▀▀▀       ▄    ███████
█████▄         ▄█▀    ████████
████████▄    ▄█▀      ████████
███████████▄█▀       █████████
████████████  ▄     ████████
▀███████████ ███▄  ████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
MEDIUM
FACEBOOK
YOUTUBE
[                      █     █     █
                      ██▄ ▄███▄ ▄██
                       ███████████
                       ███████████
                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄
                       ████████ ██
                      ▄███████▀ ███
                      ████▄▄▄▄▄ ███
                      ▀███████▀  ██
                      █████▄▄▄▄▄
                      ▀████████▀
                       ▀████▄▄▄▄
                         ▀█████▀
STRYKING
]
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 08:03:34 PM

i have blockchain is too old notify developers.  Been out of touch on things for awhile, so apologies, is there a fix for this?

--o

Yeah there is some ugly PPC code leftover in the wallet that triggers this warning if you havent gotten a checkpoint from a checkpoint server in over 365 days. Doesn't affect your wallet and staking, but is annoying.

The latest build will get rid of this error https://github.com/hyperstake/HyperStake/releases/tag/1.1.1.2

billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 09:14:20 PM

moon soon for hyp

Hell with that. Aim for Alderaan.  Cool

lol. I'm ashamed. I want to say something to try and out nerd you but for the life of me I can't think of anything. You win this round sir....

there are a gazzzzillion fo sho and some of the worst concentrations are in the docs.

I have set up a bootstrap server. Updated every hour.

Wow this is awesome!! Didnt see this until now. Adding to the OP Cheesy

ian kicked a metric shit ton of ass while you were gone. An auto bootstrap server is outstanding!

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
mmfiore

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 09:43:06 PM

I believe in order to help crypto-currencies be successful they must become main stream and become part of the culture worldwide. By increasing participation the value of all coins will increase which will then make each coin more fluid.

Three step plan for increasing participation.

1. Increase marketing and advertising. This is obvious and as bitcoin becomes more main stream hopefully all the other coins can join in and increase in value and participation.

2. Link the altcoins directly to bitcoin and unify the crptocurrencies.
There are two ways to link to bitcoin and unify the cryptocurrencies. This is what I call the Unified Theory of Cryptocurrency.

Cryptocurrency Unification

1. Create a web interface control that can be placed on a merchants website. This control should be created to use any of the most popular coins for purchasing goods and services. This universal coin purchasing control will allow merchandise to be purchased with your favorite cryptocoin. Perhaps something like this exists, I do not know. Each cryptocoin should have this as a standard tool for merchants to use.

2. Finally the idea that really binds the coins together. The creation of a new coin which encourages people to buy groups of altcoins. The name of this coin is "Bankcoin".  The idea of Bankcoin is simple and straightforward. Its starting value should be at least 1 dollar USD. Bank coin is a POS coin that generates interest based on how much other coin you have inside the Bankcoin wallet system. There are two possible ways to store coins in the Bankcoin wallet.

Have the Bankcoin wallet sync to the other wallets or build in multiple other altcoin wallets into the Bankcoin wallet. Once the sync is complete the Bankcoin pays interest of 1 or more Bankcoins based on a preset amount of the other coins that are being stored in the other wallets. The POS system can be setup in a similar fashion to to other POS coins except that a person is earning Bankcoins based on the weighted holdings of a group of 5 coins. This can simply be referred to as the "Coinset". Various coinsets can be used where you have 1 wallet for 1 coinset. For example a sha256 set of coins like Bitcoin, Digitalcoin, Peercoin, Zetacoin, Tekcoin. This will make it possible for people to earn interest for holding coins that are not POS and you will be able to earn double interest on coins that are already POS. If the programmer decides to use option one where Bankcoin syncs to and derives stats from the other preexisting wallets this will be much easier to implement. There can also be a scrypt coinset or a POS only set of coins. The user could download whichever set of coins that he or she already have a lot of.

Now there are of course many details concerning how to implement the staking system rules. This can be developed and refined by the developers who take on the task of implementing the coin.

Possible ramifications
The value of the Bankcoin should be high because of the resources that are tied up in the other wallets that are part of the Bankcoin system set. This idea establishes a coin that is backed by other coins. This coin does what no other coin does . it can pay interest on coins that are not POS. This will create a hoarding effect for coins that are normally just generated and sold. This will drive the prices of those coins up and tend to stabilize their prices. Bankcoin will add increased value to POS coins by allowing users to earn even more interest on POS coins. All coins are helped by Bankcoin as now the people have their own banks in which to increase their gains and establish an additional revenue stream. It is also possible that Bankcoin could establish itself as a top 3 tier coin possibly even at some point surpassing bitcoin in popularity. There is no longer a need for expensive mining machines. Simply buy your favorite coins and earn interest.

This is the basic idea feel free comment and enjoy add some features if you like, hopefully someday someone will create Bankcoin.

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██

Telegram
Twitter
Lightsplasher

Activity: 371

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 11:26:24 PM

Nice post mmflore!  I like the marketing and advertising part and aspects of unifying crytocurrencies.  I still thinking a bit about Bankcoin, I'm not quite sure about what the implications are of making the system focus more on hoarding and I'm not sure about implementation issues.

I just wrote a post on my blog about creating a nest egg which seems to pertain a bit to your comment. It is my way of trying to market and support things.  If you guys want you can give it a read here:  
PoS Nest Egg
mmfiore

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 01:35:28 AM

Thanks LightSplasher...

just trying to help the idea of cryptocurrency grow. In light of what is going on in the world economically and politically, holders of cryptocoins may do very well in the long and short term. There is a great deal of instability in the world at large. Hopefully someone will take up this idea I have and run with it. If not I may do it after I retire next year.

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██

Telegram
Twitter
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 10:48:42 AM

Hey so I had an idea about time estimation and wondering if you guys might be able to help me write some code for this.

So what I want to do is take the average network weight over a period of say every 50 Blocks starting the current height working back over max period to find the average rate of growth and then extrapolate that to find the future growth over the next period and weight it as it inputs get closer to their age.

So lets say you have the average plotted over 30 days, then you could take the average of each day to then get the growth rate. Then you would take the Block size and it's range (age - 8.8 * Blocksize up to a maximum of 30 days) and plot that against the average network weight within the range and expected growth.

The question is, how would you write something like that?
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 02:26:22 PM

Hey so I had an idea about time estimation and wondering if you guys might be able to help me write some code for this.

So what I want to do is take the average network weight over a period of say every 50 Blocks starting the current height working back over max period to find the average rate of growth and then extrapolate that to find the future growth over the next period and weight it as it inputs get closer to their age.

So lets say you have the average plotted over 30 days, then you could take the average of each day to then get the growth rate. Then you would take the Block size and it's range (age - 8.8 * Blocksize up to a maximum of 30 days) and plot that against the average network weight within the range and expected growth.

Honestly "network weight" is not real. Its really just an average of how much time it takes to stake over a set interval of blocks. You would be much better off using average weight spent per stake.

a_cat_named_joe

Activity: 307

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 02:47:44 PM

Honestly "network weight" is not real. Its really just an average of how much time it takes to stake over a set interval of blocks. You would be much better off using average weight spent per stake.

So what would be an approximate weight, for an individual block, where you could reasonably expect staking to be imminent, considering current difficulty?
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 02:57:04 PM

So what would be an approximate weight, for an individual block, where you could reasonably expect staking to be imminent, considering current difficulty?

If you look at this page you will see the last blocks staked on the network. It will tell you the weight of each block. If you click on the block height then you can get more information about the stake such as the size of the original block and the amount of days it took to stake. So for now it takes some manual investigating.

http://www.presstab.pw/phpexplorer/HYP/chain.php

dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 03:00:35 PM

The example open-source CCE 4.0 explorer using a POS chain is now up using HyperStake at: http://openhyp.cryptocoinexplorer.com

For everyday use, please use the main HyperStake CCE explorer at: http://hyp.cryptocoinexplorer.com. The openhyp explorer serves as an example of the open source version of CCE 4.0

This version of the explorer has not been pushed to the repository yet. (Git is located at: https://github.com/cryptocoinexplorer/Open-Source-CCE-4.0 )

The major difference in this latest version is the transaction table on the block pages. Generating that table is harder then most people think. The code I have been using since CCE 3.0 works very well and is largely unchanged though CCE 3.99. However, it is very Rube Goldberg, and does not really follow good programming practices. I most certainly would not show that code to the public.  Grin  It is one of those unusual situations where odd code just worked better.

It has taken me a bit, but I have rewritten it with more standard programming practices. It is actually a bit longer and encompasses two functions for readability.

Once I release this version to the repository, I am going to make an official thread for open-source CCE 4.0 instead of posting in multiple threads as I do now.

I would like to hear what you think about removing links to the POS coin base transaction. This is the first transaction in the block and it acts as a placeholder of sorts where a POW block would generate coins as POS blocks generate coins in the second transaction. It is basically an empty transaction and as far I can tell holds no real useful information.
Pages: « 1 ... 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 [253] 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 ... 386 »
  Print  

Jump to: