Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:02:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 [311] 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 ... 386 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HYP] HyperStake | Generous Reward Staking | Advanced Staking Controls & Wallet  (Read 679277 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 04:05:27 PM

i still have a chunk to dump, but will wait a bit, wanna see this baby die in pain arrrggg

If you wait a bit longer there will be no one that will buy from you

it'll go subsat so what, i don't mind

I have been debating doing a reverse split. What does everyone think?

This is an extremely poor idea and to be frank, shocking to hear from you. No sense flushing HYP down the toilet now after all this time.

Given the choice between reverse split or trading on LTC markets, I would choose the former any day. You wouldn't?

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
bitmaster1x
Legendary

Activity: 1288

CRYPTO-CITY.COM 🌟 Communities

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2016, 05:52:01 PM

1000 to 1 could be interesting. Would reduce the supply from 715m to 715k. Price would go from 4 sats to 4k sats.

This isn't stock. It won't do jack to the price. 99% of the time, post reverse split stocks usually continue to tank further. So, no, Not a great idea.

Its a way better idea than trying to trade in LTC markets or similar.
You're the captain of the ship. Time to stop thinking of it as a hobby and see it as an opportunity to build a platform for business opportunities long term. Build products and services around it.

bitmaster1x
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2016, 06:19:43 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2016, 06:39:05 PM by bitmaster1x

i still have a chunk to dump, but will wait a bit, wanna see this baby die in pain arrrggg

If you wait a bit longer there will be no one that will buy from you

it'll go subsat so what, i don't mind

I have been debating doing a reverse split. What does everyone think?

This is an extremely poor idea and to be frank, shocking to hear from you. No sense flushing HYP down the toilet now after all this time.

Given the choice between reverse split or trading on LTC markets, I would choose the former any day. You wouldn't?

You're joking right? You must be.... My former industry of nearly a decade was in the investment banking industry and reverse splits is never a good option. In fact, the only reason why they do it with stocks is to delay the delisting from the exchange a little longer, but it usually gets delisted anyway. The reason for why is several factors, poor management and IPO or private investors which get shares at a lower cost dumping because their concern is making money, they could care less about the company.

Post reverse split, the stock gets dumped anyway so it is worth less than before the split. To demonstrate. You have 10 shares at $1. So you do a 10 for 1. So now you have 1 share @ $10. Now the shares get dumped and now that 1 share is worth a 1 penny. See how that works?

With HYP it is not the same case, we shouldn't have the same reactionary mentality as wall street, that'd be a huge mistake. In our case, cryptopia doesn't delist unless the coin is broken... I believe as for the polo delisting, they probably believe that the coin was no longer being actively developed....

When a reverse split occurs, it destroys the current opportunity of the numbers volume. For example, if you have 4 coins and it moves a point you have the opportunity to make 4 times. Where if you have 1 coin, you'd only make one point. The reverse split process not only destroys the existing value and current markets, but also destroys any potential future value. and a accelerate the demise.

To be honest, I am quite surprised to hear such suggestion coming from you. We are better than this. I see all this as opportunity. We just have to create the opportunity.

Why else would i still continue to make a market in it and buying it? I do it for a few reasons.

1. The developer
2. The coin.
3. The opportunity to create opportunities of the coins uses or services.

So if you you're considering a revers split, it either means you:

1. Don't have an in-depth knowledge of the reality of the market.
2. Given up on yourself
3. Given up on the community
4. Given on on the future opportunity because you can't see it.

So there you have it.

Lightsplasher

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 07:09:56 PM

I have no experience or knowledge in reverse splits.  It sounds like others have issues with this based on experience in stocks, however, this is functioning differently than a stock would.  My gut feel is that too many coins are being produced for rate at which new demand is being created for them.

Possibly we might want to think about lowering the max block reward from 1000 to 500 and slow down the rate at which new coins are made.  Or create some other demand for the coin.
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 07:12:46 PM

You're joking right? You must be.... My former industry of nearly a decade was in the investment banking industry and reverse splits is never a good option. In fact, the only reason why they do it with stocks is to delay the delisting from the exchange a little longer, but it usually gets delisted anyway. The reason for why is several factors, poor management and IPO or private investors which get shares at a lower cost dumping because their concern is making money, they could care less about the company.

Post reverse split, the stock gets dumped anyway so it is worth less than before the split. To demonstrate. You have 10 shares at $1. So you do a 10 for 1. So now you have 1 share @ $10. Now the shares get dumped and now that 1 share is worth a 1 penny. See how that works?

With HYP it is not the same case, we shouldn't have the same reactionary mentality as wall street, that'd be a huge mistake. In our case, cryptopia doesn't delist unless the coin is broken... I believe as for the polo delisting, they probably believe that the coin was no longer being actively developed....

When a reverse split occurs, it destroys the current opportunity of the numbers volume. For example, if you have 4 coins and it moves a point you have the opportunity to make 4 times. Where if you have 1 coin, you'd only make one point. The reverse split process not only destroys the existing value and current markets, but also destroys any potential future value. and a accelerate the demise.

To be honest, I am quite surprised to hear such suggestion coming from you. We are better than this. I see all this as opportunity. We just have to create the opportunity.

Why else would i still continue to make a market in it and buying it? I do it for a few reasons.

1. The developer
2. The coin.

2. Given up on yourself

So there you have it.

Reverse splits happen all of the time. Maybe you were only involved with penny stocks? I think you are thinking of reverse split and then dilute. The dilution is what to worry about... not the split. Do you know much about math? Explain to me how the rate of inflation of HYP will increase if there is a reverse split, ie 1000 HYP becomes 1 HYP, the total supply shrinks 1000 times, the max stake moves to 1 instead of 1000. Please explain your math here.

In fact, the only reason why they do it with stocks is to delay the delisting from the exchange a little longer, but it usually gets delisted anyway.

I am sorry, but you sir have no idea what you are talking about. Apple has had 4 reverse splits in their history. Microsoft has had 9 splits. AMZN has had 3... Most of the biggest companies in the world have had splits... So the quote above shows that you have no idea what you are talking about, and frankly don't know how splits work.

Post reverse split, the stock gets dumped anyway so it is worth less than before the split.
Again you don't know what you are talking about. The net value of the shares are worth the same... Before you had 10 shares worth $100, after you have 1 share worth $100. I think you have some idea that a reverse split introduces dilution to the stock.

2. Given up on yourself

1) I think the case is obviously that you have no idea how stocks work, and that the majority of the largest public companies in the world have used splits many times sort of proves that you don't know.

2) Huh? Going adhominem, alright... I have not given up on myself at all. I am progressing in my career, learning great things as a masters in comp sci student (have now added java to the languages I consider myself proficient in), still progressing all of the time. Not sure why anyone would ever think I "have given up on myself" unless you honestly don't know me at all, which you do not. You are just some random Cryptsy troll.

3) Probably correct, I don't really care that much about the trolls here. The ones that I have known for quite some time and are here for more than complaining about bags, yes care about them.

4) I believe that a reverse split is the best for HYP's future. Your lack of market experience prevents you from seeing the opportunity. I am not even that set on doing the work to do a reverse split. I just find it fascinating how uninformed a lot of people are. Its simple math. It happens all of the time in the stock market (the real stock market, not your penny stocks).

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
bitmaster1x
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2016, 07:30:34 PM

1. The developer
2. The coin.

2. Given up on yourself

So there you have it.

Reverse splits happen all of the time. Maybe you were only involved with penny stocks? I think you are thinking of reverse split and then dilute. The dilution is what to worry about... not the split. Do you know much about math? Explain to me how the rate of inflation of HYP will increase if there is a reverse split, ie 1000 HYP becomes 1 HYP, the total supply shrinks 1000 times, the max stake moves to 1 instead of 1000. Please explain your math here.

In fact, the only reason why they do it with stocks is to delay the delisting from the exchange a little longer, but it usually gets delisted anyway.

I am sorry, but you sir have no idea what you are talking about. Apple has had 4 reverse splits in their history. Microsoft has had 9 splits. AMZN has had 3... Most of the biggest companies in the world have had splits... So the quote above shows that you have no idea what you are talking about, and frankly don't know how splits work.

Post reverse split, the stock gets dumped anyway so it is worth less than before the split.
Again you don't know what you are talking about. The net value of the shares are worth the same... Before you had 10 shares worth $100, after you have 1 share worth $100. I think you have some idea that a reverse split introduces dilution to the stock.

2. Given up on yourself

1) I think the case is obviously that you have no idea how stocks work, and that the majority of the largest public companies in the world have used splits many times sort of proves that you don't know.

2) Huh? Going adhominem, alright... I have not given up on myself at all. I am progressing in my career, learning great things as a masters in comp sci student (have now added java to the languages I consider myself proficient in), still progressing all of the time. Not sure why anyone would ever think I "have given up on myself" unless you honestly don't know me at all, which you do not. You are just some random Cryptsy troll.

3) Probably correct, I don't really care that much about the trolls here. The ones that I have known for quite some time and are here for more than complaining about bags, yes care about them.

4) I believe that a reverse split is the best for HYP's future. Your lack of market experience prevents you from seeing the opportunity. I am not even that set on doing the work to do a reverse split. I just find it fascinating how uninformed a lot of people are. Its simple math. It happens all of the time in the stock market (the real stock market, not your penny stocks).

You're missing many of my points, but I'm not going to argue over semantics and assumptions. Not worth the energy from either of us.

presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 07:58:07 PM

It sounds like you are missing my points. I completely understand everything you wrote, including that you interest is having larger profits trading it at the sat level than the 1000 sat level.

bitmaster1x
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2016, 08:16:03 PM

It sounds like you are missing my points. I completely understand everything you wrote, including that you interest is having larger profits trading it at the sat level than the 1000 sat level.

No worries. We're seeing a lot of expansions as well as consolidations in crypto, but i think we'll be just fine as long as we keep the vision alive with a goal in mind playing the long game.

iantunc

Activity: 433

We are the first to program your future (c)

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 11:19:00 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2016, 03:27:44 PM by iantunc

1000 to 1 could be interesting. Would reduce the supply from 715m to 715k. Price would go from 4 sats to 4k sats.

There is no guarantee that the price will adjust. And even if it adjusts, it can rise only to 10% of the projected level, for example, thus effectively reducing the market cap, and continue to fall. We can't compare stocks and crypto, as stocks have the face value and represent some physical assets while the value of crypto is ephemeral until a coin isn't used for buying crack (just kidding). The reverse split is needed only to meet certain price requirements (again, in the world of stocks). We don't have such requirements apart from the natural 1 sat limit on the BTC market which, by the way, can be a psychological barrier for the price decline. My opinion is that the reverse split is a palliative that can make things even worse. Let's focus on creating a real value of the coin instead. I'm building a mining farm (though it's a rather slow process) now, and when it's big enough, I'm planning to set up a stabilization fund. Hope it will maintain at least 1 sat price.

HyperStake bootstrap server - hyperstrap.ml
HyperStake supply gain prediction graph - hypsupply.ml
bitmaster1x
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2016, 07:08:24 PM

for me a small evil holder there's always an opportunity.
just slightly different at 1000 sat level than 1-2.
really doesn't matter, and forget the Apple lol

How much "evil" do you hold?

vampirus

Activity: 982
Merit: 517

Nature decays, but Latinum lasts forever. RoA:102

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 07:23:40 PM

I against reverse split for several reasons, and one of them that cryptopia delisted HYP and we need pay for listing again.

SCIFIKEDGPLCAPS
bitmaster1x
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2016, 08:01:00 PM

for me a small evil holder there's always an opportunity.
just slightly different at 1000 sat level than 1-2.
really doesn't matter, and forget the Apple lol

How much "evil" do you hold?

does it matter? i doubt if  Mr.  understands simple things
like if i'm a small and evil holder and wanna be bigger,
once he made a swap to 1000 level i'll become an    lol

of course if no success i'll adapt to whatever the trend...

No, you missing my point, I mean that is impressive if you're holding evil. How do you hold a force like evil to begin with ? haha  Wink

kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 10:01:56 PM

Hmm,

Hyperstake only has 385,796,097 According to CMK, not a major amount by any means.

No holder ever wants a reverse split, as they always feel like they lost something.

However, if everyone wants to increase the Value per coin , there is another way besides a reverse split.

Simply update the code to either stop the creation of any new coins or only give 1 coin per block.  Smiley
Just a suggestion, take it how you see fit.

Cool
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 11:17:30 PM

even if it adjusts, it can rise only to 10% of the projected level, for example, thus effectively reducing the market cap

I am not following your logic here. Why would the price only be able to move 10%? Are there some type of capital controls that cryptopia has?

iantunc

Activity: 433

We are the first to program your future (c)

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 11:42:17 PM

even if it adjusts, it can rise only to 10% of the projected level, for example, thus effectively reducing the market cap

I am not following your logic here. Why would the price only be able to move 10%? Are there some type of capital controls that cryptopia has?

I wanted to say that there is no strict correlation between an old supply/old price and new supply/new price. 1000 to 1 in supply doesn't mean 1 to 1000 in price though it surely will be higher. 10% is only a worst-case scenario.

HyperStake bootstrap server - hyperstrap.ml
HyperStake supply gain prediction graph - hypsupply.ml
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 3518

born once atheist

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 11:43:58 PM

Hyperstake only has 385,796,097 According to CMK, not a major amount by any means.

what's cmk ? supply is 718m now

cmk (http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/hyperstake/ ) shows 385m as available supply. the block explorer shows 718m total supply.
quite a discrepancy unless
maybe staking coins arent counted in available supply?

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
bitmaster1x
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2016, 04:18:24 PM

Surprised people aren't trading at these levels. It's 33% per round. Grin

bitmaster1x
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2016, 07:37:04 PM

Most people that stake, doesn't correlate the importance for trading as well as staking. Without the "trade" staking has no monetary value unless it can derive that value elsewhere. 

There are no free lunches.  Roll Eyes

BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 11:23:28 AM

updating
suggested POS coins by TALK community
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=864994.msg17030173#msg17030173

community rep, needed to stop by and say 'hello world'

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Daffadile

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2016, 05:20:33 PM

Most people that stake, doesn't correlate the importance for trading as well as staking. Without the "trade" staking has no monetary value unless it can derive that value elsewhere. 

There are no free lunches.  Roll Eyes

That is why I always try to buy more little by little to increase my stake. The price is very stable now so selling wouldn't make sense unless it is for something specific. Anyway I think that buying and not selling is probably best for the coin. It is a longterm investment.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Pages: « 1 ... 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 [311] 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 ... 386 »
  Print  

Jump to: