Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:59:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 [935] 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 ... 1241 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★[ANN] [NAV] NAV COIN - Community Fund Live!!!  (Read 2085700 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
plastcom

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 08:37:31 PM

The team, can you give an approximate date for the introduction of decentralization?

We look forward to 20k-30k sat

Thank you for your good work  Smiley

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
[AZBIT] Join to great asset exchange | Serious project for Real Investors & Traders | Gold,Oil,Apple,Netflix and others!
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
for everet

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 04:20:48 AM

The team, can you give an approximate date for the introduction of decentralization?

Thank you for your good work  Smiley

STOP HERE..... Grin Grin
pakage

Activity: 794
Merit: 510

NavCoin Founder

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 06:01:49 AM

Thank you for your good work  Smiley

Hi plastcom, it's hard to say. I try to update on particular phases of the project and overall percentages rather than delivery dates. This work is quite experimental and can take longer than expected to figure out.

Right now I am close to finishing the new version of the receiving and sending server scripts.

After that, I need to finish off the wallet integration of the new system including the removal of the reliance on the API server list and ability for the user to set their prefs.

Then we need to thoroughly test and setup counter measures to prevent a malicious person setting up a compromised server set which steals peoples coins in transit.

A lot of the work is already in the rear view mirror and I believe we can have the system operational in the near future Smiley

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

NAV COIN ANONYMOUS SUBCHAIN TRANSACTIONS ▪ NAVCOIN.ORG BITCOINTALK.ORG
Diego24

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 07:38:19 AM

Hi everyone. I have a question regarding NAV Coin. I read the whitepapers of both NAV Coin and DASH, but I don't seem to figure out what is the difference between both. They are both doin anonymous transactions based on mixing. At least that is my interpretation of it. Did I miss out on something important ? If so, could someone please explain this to me ? And if there is a difference, then it might be a good idea to put it on the website and even to publish this comparison on crypto site and make a youtube video about it so people are aware of it.
BOVO

Activity: 700
Merit: 502

Professional translator

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 07:44:40 AM

Hi plastcom, it's hard to say. I try to update on particular phases of the project and overall percentages rather than delivery dates. This work is quite experimental and can take longer than expected to figure out.

Right now I am close to finishing the new version of the receiving and sending server scripts.

After that, I need to finish off the wallet integration of the new system including the removal of the reliance on the API server list and ability for the user to set their prefs.

Then we need to thoroughly test and setup counter measures to prevent a malicious person setting up a compromised server set which steals peoples coins in transit.

A lot of the work is already in the rear view mirror and I believe we can have the system operational in the near future Smiley

Will be there any updates and releases for next 2-3 weeks?

▄▄▄
         ▄█████▄
       ▄█████████▄
      ███████▀▀   ▄▄
  ▄█▄  ▀███▀  ▄▄██████▄
▄█████▄  ▀  ▄███████████▄
████████  ▄██████████████
███████  ▄███████████████
██████▌ ▐█████████▀▀
██████  ███████▀   ▄▄████
██████  █████▀  ▄████████
██████  ███▀  ▄██████████
▀█████▌ ▐█▀  ███████████▀
.LEASEHOLD.
██  ████████  ██████████████████████████  ████████████████████████████████████████               ██          ██          ██               ████████████████████████████████████████  ██████████████████████████  ████████  ██
.Worlds first Property-Mining Pool.
██  ████████  ██████████████████████████  ████████████████████████████████████████               ██          ██          ██               ████████████████████████████████████████  ██████████████████████████  ████████  ██
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▀████████████████████

████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
███████████████████▀ ▄▄▄▄
███████████████████ ▀████
████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
▀████████████████████████
 ▀▀██████████████████████
.MacOs...
.Windows.
.Linux...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
juguelio

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 09:16:23 AM

Will be there any updates and releases for next 2-3 weeks?

I don't like to speculate with releases. But I think the web wallet/ thin desktop wallet will be ready soon. I don't really know if in 2-3 weeks...but soon mate...patience is key if you are investing on NAV Coin...
Just relax and let your coins to stake!

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

plastcom

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 11:22:11 AM

Hi everyone. I have a question regarding NAV Coin. I read the whitepapers of both NAV Coin and DASH, but I don't seem to figure out what is the difference between both. They are both doin anonymous transactions based on mixing. At least that is my interpretation of it. Did I miss out on something important ? If so, could someone please explain this to me ? And if there is a difference, then it might be a good idea to put it on the website and even to publish this comparison on crypto site and make a youtube video about it so people are aware of it.

NAV is TRUE and 100% anonymity,  DASH not  Smiley

[AZBIT] Join to great asset exchange | Serious project for Real Investors & Traders | Gold,Oil,Apple,Netflix and others!
Diego24

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 11:45:06 AM

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I heard about this. But I want to know why. Why is NAV 100 % anonymous and DASH not ? I am not asking this question to be anti-NAV. If NAV reaches the level of DASH I will jump through my roof out of pure joy because I bought some decent amount of NAV last week. But I am not able to understand why NAV is more anonymous than DASH so if someone could explain this to me, I would be extremely thankful :-)
plastcom

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 11:53:54 AM

Pakage, please explain to man this issue, or someone else from the team ...

juguelio

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 12:51:39 PM

Pakage, please explain to man this issue, or someone else from the team ...

NAV is TRUE and 100% anonymity,  DASH not  Smiley

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I heard about this. But I want to know why. Why is NAV 100 % anonymous and DASH not ? I am not asking this question to be anti-NAV. If NAV reaches the level of DASH I will jump through my roof out of pure joy because I bought some decent amount of NAV last week. But I am not able to understand why NAV is more anonymous than DASH so if someone could explain this to me, I would be extremely thankful :-)

It's the middle of the night in NZ. He will get back to this question. I think it has to do with the double encryption and not in the simple coin mix. It was explained here but WAYYYYYYYY back in the thread...May be if you guys search on Pakage's posts or Soopy's you might find it...

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

juguelio

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 12:56:53 PM

Hello everyone, please rest assured that we are tirelessly working on this coin's development.

I was literally up till 5am on a work night finishing the beta client for release, so I hope you can understand that I have taken couple days rest after the beta launch.

Despite that, last night after I got home from my day job, I completed one of the node scripts of the anon network and we will begin our internal testing on that part shortly. One step closer.

While we are testing that, I am going to resume work on the client and fix the bugs we've found while also implementing some new features.

We will make a proper update about this next stage of the client in the coming days once we figure out a realistic timeframe for this.

I hope our current streak of constant updates and timely deliveries is keeping your confidence up that we will deliver the finished anon product as soon as possible.

All the best,
pakage

Hi,

I totally forgot it yesterday, but i have just send you 20.000 nav for your hard work and effort! I know it wont make you a millionaire but if nav will go up over time this amount of coins can have some nice value! And its just to show you my appreciation.

And if others also donate you get even richer Smiley

Can you explain a bit more about the node script. I will reread the anon whitepaper today to avoid other dumb questions, but what is a "node" and what does the script do and for what purpose?

cheers

Robin

I have received your kind donation. Thank you very much!

node
noun technical
1. a point in a network or diagram at which lines or pathways intersect or branch.
"the intersections of two or more such arteries would clearly become major nodes of traffic and urban activity"

The idea of the Navajo Anon Network is similar in architecture to the Tor Project for anonymous internet browsing.

It's not a very simple subject, but i will try to lay it out in somewhat basic terms as I understand the whitepaper. This is how I would explain the chain of events in a typical transaction;

I send an anonymous transaction from my wallet. The data which i send is encrypted by the wallet so it can't be openly viewed as it travels. The encrypted transaction gets sent to a random node which acts like a gateway into the anonymous network. The node processes the transaction it received and writes it to the navajo block chain. The node then transfers the transaction to the sub-block-chain which is a private and encrypted block chain which exists only inside the anon network. The transaction is forwarded to another random node inside the anon network which then commits the transaction back to the navajocoin block chain, encrypts the transaction and sends it to its final destination.

The strength of this method are:

1. Encrypted communication is very hard to decode, depending on the method it could take a super computer years to figure out the contents of a single transaction.
2. Random entry and exit points of the anon network make it virtually impossible to track the origin and destination of a transaction with meta data surveillance.
3. Using encrypted subchains means that the paper trail between origin and destination is physically broken. So, even if you had meta data showing that 300 NAV was sent by someone and that same amount was received by another person, you couldn't actually prove that it was the same transaction without access to the subchain transaction record which is not publicly available.

That's what I understand anyway. Soopy is the one who authored the whitepaper and most of the code, so he can correct me on some points I'm sure. I'm mainly just programming the website and some wallet features.

I hope that helps to explain it a bit further.

Here is some data...

Please just look back on Devs posts.

Soopy, Pakage and Shahim

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

xcurry

Activity: 217

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 01:00:57 PM

So you say DASH is  simple coin mix?
juguelio

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 01:02:35 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2016, 01:14:40 PM by juguelio

So you say DASH is  simple coin mix?

Don't know mate...I am a bit illiterate on those aspects. I do great music recording and mastering. But technically I am not that savvy. It might be a wrong quote the coin mix thing. Plus I never talked about Dash. I was talking about NAV double encryption.
As far as I know Dash (Darkcoin) wasn't fully anon. It could be traced back in a way...

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

Diego24

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 01:19:18 PM

It's the middle of the night in NZ. He will get back to this question. I think it has to do with the double encryption and not in the simple coin mix. It was explained here but WAYYYYYYYY back in the thread...May be if you guys search on Pakage's posts or Soopy's you might find it...
OK, thanks for the reply.

I am really looking forward to his reply. The answer to that question is so crucial and I think even very important when advertizing NAV. If you can explain people why NAV is better than DASH and Monero, then this would be very good publicity for NAV.
Wasda

Activity: 504

Smile if you're not wearing any underwear

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 02:14:12 PM

OK, thanks for the reply.

I am really looking forward to his reply. The answer to that question is so crucial and I think even very important when advertizing NAV. If you can explain people why NAV is better than DASH and Monero, then this would be very good publicity for NAV.

The answer to your question was quoted 3 post before yours by juguelio, hope that help

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
██░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░██░░░
██░░░░█░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
██████░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░██████
██░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░██
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░█░░░░██
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
Laniakean

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 03:09:45 PM

Is the Bounty to crack NAV still being offered?  If so, what is the bounty?  I would contribute considerably to it.  Larger the better I would think.
bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 05:30:39 PM

Is that true even in the current implementation of NAV?

Cause if it is why are they trying to improve it with further decentralization and stuff?

Diego24

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 05:50:31 PM

The answer to your question was quoted 3 post before yours by juguelio, hope that help
That's not really the answer on my question. It is an explanation of how NAV works, which even gives me the feeling that the explainer isn't 100 % about it himself. I actually asked why NAV is better than Dash or Monero. NAV is called the first true anonymous coin. It can be, but anyone can make such claims. I want to know why this is and if is really better than Dash or Monero.

I mean, I don't ask this to be annoying. I ask this because I sincerily want to know this and as I am not a crypto or blockchain expert I am not able to deduce this reading from the whitepapers. I have some idea why this could be after reading the explanation of juguelio, but I am still not 100 % sure and so it would be nice if an expert could explain this. Moreover, it would be nice for people to know this. If I knew 100 % sure why NAV is better, then I could spread the word. I am on different youtube channels or crypto sites so I can do free branding anytime I want to post about NAV. And others can do the same. But before being able to do so, it would be helpful if we know why NAV is better.
Laniakean

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 06:18:10 PM

Ok. I found info on the Bounty.  It is currently 18,835 NAV. 
I'll match all NAV Community contributions up to 1 Bitcoin worth. That would get us closer to 100,000 NAV Bounty equivalent.  A bit more respectable.  I can do it in a couple of stages.  Make your pledges on this thread.  Then I'll match them with a deposit into the NAV or Bitcoin Bounty Wallets.  Then you can fulfill your pledge.  And I'll keep matching pledges up to 1 BTC.  Offer ends August 26.  I don't live on this Forum but should check a couple of times per day on progress. 

What would be cool is if others matched my contributions up to a level they are comfortable with.  Then at some point this Bounty could become newsworthy.  Even better would be the Devs saying that all contributions to the Bounty over a total Bounty of 1,000,000 would be refunded to those loaning after a certain time period.  Maybe 6 months.  Then the Bounty could potentially become several million NAV.  Then, if NAV continues to execute....  You fill in the blank.
bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 06:55:22 PM

the faucet has been down for days

Pages: « 1 ... 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 [935] 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 ... 1241 »
  Print  

Jump to: