Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:40:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BANKSYCOIN (SOON TO BE ARTSYCOIN) - ORIGINAL OFFICIAL THREAD  (Read 75778 times)
banksycoin (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 08:50:06 AM

Hello guys, we will take your suggestions on board and try to make some changes in the near future  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IanFoxley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:46:25 AM

I disabled the pool for now. So many blocks Cheesy Hope diff retarget and block times change in the near future. I like banksycoin and the giveaways Wink But for now it should be easy to solomine.

would be nice if someone did a solo mine guide so everyone can do this, I've never solo mined a coin cause the diff was always too high ....

I know this will not sound too useful, but what I did, was go to the mining section here and read up on things,

Most of the guides are based on one coin, but it is fairly easy to take those same settings and apply that to other scrypt coins too.

Here for example

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=521563.0

This link below will help give you an idea what your graphics card might be capable of.
https://litecoin.info/Mining_hardware_comparison

kultus

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:23:36 AM

I disabled the pool for now. So many blocks Cheesy Hope diff retarget and block times change in the near future. I like banksycoin and the giveaways Wink But for now it should be easy to solomine.

would be nice if someone did a solo mine guide so everyone can do this, I've never solo mined a coin cause the diff was always too high ....

I know this will not sound too useful, but what I did, was go to the mining section here and read up on things,

Most of the guides are based on one coin, but it is fairly easy to take those same settings and apply that to other scrypt coins too.

Here for example

This link below will help give you an idea what your graphics card might be capable of.

I have plenty of good hardware, 4x 270x  saphs and a 8 core CPU  ... but that guide teaches me very little and it's written by someone who clearly has been guilty of ripping people off.... (check the trust on the OP ...  -4  Huh)

My questions would be:

What are RPC details ?
where do I get RPC details ?
The Ip Address is the local to my machine or outbound to another?
Do I need to make allowances in my router for this connection ?
Do I need to make allowances in my firewall for this connection ?
Do I need to take special steps in security to protect the machine in question ?

.....And I am sure I can come up with  a bunch more questions once I start trying to set it up, that if we want the public to start using crypto currency regularly we should cover ... being the dunce here I am pretty sure I can pose the  right ones so average joe can setup and start mining ... coins are not just for the 1337

▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄     ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄       ▄▄       ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄  ███▄   ██ ██▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀▀▀█▀      ███      ███     ███ ██▀▀▀▀▀
██▀      ▀██ ████▄  ██ ██        ██▀           ██▀██     ████   ████ ██
██        ██ ██ ▀██ ██ ██▄▄▄     ██    ████   ██▀ ▀██    ██▀██ ██▀██ ██▄▄▄
██▄      ▄██ ██  ▀████ ██▀▀▀     ██▄     ██  ██▀   ▀██   ██ ▀███▀ ██ ██▀▀▀
 ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀  ██    ▀██ ██▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██▄▄▄██▀ ████▄▄▄████  ██  ▀█▀  ██ ██▄▄▄▄▄
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀     ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀       ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.A-Self Evolving Virtual World.
.Built on Top of Blockchain.....
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
      TWITTER     TELEGRAM      MEDIUM     
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
IanFoxley
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:49:09 AM

Here for example

I have plenty of good hardware, 4x 270x  saphs and a 8 core CPU  ... but that guide teaches me very little and it's written by someone who clearly has been guilty of ripping people off.... (check the trust on the OP ...  -4  Huh)

My questions would be:

What are RPC details ?
Do I need to take special steps in security to protect the machine in question ?

.....And I am sure I can come up with  a bunch more questions once I start trying to set it up, that if we want the public to start using crypto currency regularly we should cover ... being the dunce here I am pretty sure I can pose the  right ones so average joe can setup and start mining ... coins are not just for the 1337

You should ask those sorts of questions here, as you would get more help there.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=160.0

Wouldn't worry so much about the OP having -4 trust, you were just reading some tips and the reason he got -4 was because his account had got hacked some point after and whoever hacked it, posted some dodgy links.

But having 4 x 270s will give you a nice hashrate, and you might have two in each PC or 4 in one PC, or 1 in each PC, I do not know, but if you do, then these need to be set up a certain way when using Cgminer etc, so the mining forum is best to answer those questions. Different card models need different settings to get them performing optimally.

I solo mine sometimes, not so much now with a single R9-280x, gives me around 720 KH/s and I use Cgminer v 3.72.

banksycoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 10:56:57 AM

Hi guys,

sorry for the late reply. Just so you all know we will be making some adjustments with the block/mining issues highlighted by the community. My partner who deals with this area of the code is currently in hospital having a (minor) operation, so unfortunately this delays us slightly. We hope to have everything finished in a few days. Please stay tuned for updates. Really sorry for any inconvenience.

kultus

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 11:36:55 AM

Here for example

My questions would be:

What are RPC details ?

Wouldn't worry so much about the OP having -4 trust, you were just reading some tips and the reason he got -4 was because his account had got hacked some point after and whoever hacked it, posted some dodgy links.

But having 4 x 270s will give you a nice hashrate, and you might have two in each PC or 4 in one PC, or 1 in each PC, I do not know, but if you do, then these need to be set up a certain way when using Cgminer etc, so the mining forum is best to answer those questions. Different card models need different settings to get them performing optimally.

I solo mine sometimes, not so much now with a single R9-280x, gives me around 720 KH/s and I use Cgminer v 3.72.

Ok after a long talk with a good friend this is where we are at getting solo mining set up ... I ask here because it's the coin I am trying to solo mine and I cannot be the only person here solo mining .... here is what we are working with and it's failing out for some reason we cannot fathom ... Ol'mate is  a old hand at mining ... so a little advice can go a long way to helping us here

My CG bat file is as follows

c:\cg\cgminer.exe --scrypt -o http://10.1.1.2:9999 -u loginname -p loginpass

My Banksy Conf file is as follows

rpcuser=loginname
rpcpassword=loginpass
rpcallow=10.1.1.2
rpcport=9999
daemon=1
server=1
listen=1

where have we gone wrong ?

james42

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 11:54:12 AM

Latest 1.3 wallet?
kultus

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 11:57:11 AM
Last edit: July 22, 2014, 12:18:33 PM by kultus

Here for example

My questions would be:

What are RPC details ?

Ok after a long talk with a good friend this is where we are at getting solo mining set up ... I ask here because it's the coin I am trying to solo mine and I cannot be the only person here solo mining .... here is what we are working with and it's failing out for some reason we cannot fathom ... Ol'mate is  a old hand at mining ... so a little advice can go a long way to helping us here

rpcuser=loginname
rpcpassword=loginpass
rpcallowip=10.1.1.2
rpcport=9999
daemon=1
server=1
listen=1

Latest 1.3 wallet?

yes james I have the 1.3v Sad

error returned is

[2014-07-22 21:36:23] Started cgminer 3.7.0

[2014-07-22 21:36:24] Probing for an alive pool
 [2014-07-22 21:36:28] Pool 0 slow/down or URL or credentials invalid

but as you can see from the above the details are correct ....  everything has been copy and pasted here

DougB62

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:42:26 PM

Ok after a long talk with a good friend this is where we are at getting solo mining set up ... I ask here because it's the coin I am trying to solo mine and I cannot be the only person here solo mining .... here is what we are working with and it's failing out for some reason we cannot fathom ... Ol'mate is  a old hand at mining ... so a little advice can go a long way to helping us here

rpcuser=loginname
rpcpassword=loginpass
rpcallowip=10.1.1.2
rpcport=9999
daemon=1
server=1
listen=1

Latest 1.3 wallet?

error returned is

but as you can see from the above the details are correct ....  everything has been copy and pasted here

rpcuser=loginname
rpcpassword=loginpass
rpcallowip=10.1.1.2
rpcport=9999
daemon=1
server=1
listen=1

Why are you using 10.1.1.2 as the IP? Are you mining through a different machine than the wallet is on? If not - then use 127.0.0.1

If that still doesn't work, I would try a higher rpcport - it's possible that your machine won't allow the one your using for some reason. I always use 14212 unless it's specified which one to use in the OP. Also, depending on your setup, you may have to make an exception for the port in your firewall.

Good luck!
kultus

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:00:30 PM

rpcuser=loginname
rpcpassword=loginpass
rpcallowip=10.1.1.2
rpcport=9999
daemon=1
server=1
listen=1

Latest 1.3 wallet?

error returned is

rpcuser=loginname
rpcpassword=loginpass
rpcallowip=10.1.1.2
rpcport=9999
daemon=1
server=1
listen=1

Why are you using 10.1.1.2 as the IP? Are you mining through a different machine than the wallet is on? If not - then use 127.0.0.1

If that still doesn't work, I would try a higher rpcport - it's possible that your machine won't allow the one your using for some reason. I always use 14212 unless it's specified which one to use in the OP. Also, depending on your setup, you may have to make an exception for the port in your firewall.

Good luck!

because that is the IP address of this machine connection between the modem and the PC ... the IPv4 address

I am mining to the wallet on the same machine ..

I just tried a different bunch of ports ... and your suggestion of a diff IP

valta4065

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:12:06 PM

rpcuser=loginname
rpcpassword=loginpass
rpcallowip=10.1.1.2
rpcport=9999
daemon=1
server=1
listen=1

Latest 1.3 wallet?

error returned is

rpcuser=loginname
rpcpassword=loginpass
rpcallowip=10.1.1.2
rpcport=9999
daemon=1
server=1
listen=1

Good luck!

because that is the IP address of this machine connection between the modem and the PC ... the IPv4 address

I am mining to the wallet on the same machine ..

I just tried a different bunch of ports ... and your suggestion of a diff IP

never tried mining thru wallet before but testing it out now and when it says found block it is someone else address so I get nothing lol even at 1.2 mh/s need a pool running again got over 6000 thru pool

█▄       ▄                                            ████     ▐███▌                                               
    ▐████▄ ▄██                                           █████     ████▌                                               
    ▐█████████▌                                          █████     ████                                                
▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████          
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████          
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████          
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████    
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████  
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████  
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████  
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████  
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████  
   ██████████████████   █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████   
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌     ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████   

|
    Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income   
             Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and more!             
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 11:30:21 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2014, 11:54:17 AM by roslinpl

Wow!

Have you seen what happend @ https://coinedup.com/OrderBook

Someone bought mine 10k BSY coins for 0.00002098BTC per 1 BSY...

I was trying to move the market UP Smiley but perhaps that price was WAY to low!!!

IanFoxley
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:38:28 AM

Here for example

My questions would be:

What are RPC details ?

rpcuser=loginname
rpcpassword=loginpass
rpcallowip=10.1.1.2
rpcport=9999
daemon=1
server=1
listen=1

Latest 1.3 wallet?

error returned is

make sure the conf file is called Banksycoin.conf

Here are some of my lines.

rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
rpcport=36274
server=1
daemon=1
listen=1
addnode=66.85.133.206:36274
addnode=82.139.116.38:36274

and my bat file
cgminer.exe --scrypt -u ******* -p ******* -o http://127.0.0.1:36274 --gpu-platform 0 -d 0 -w 256 -v 1 -I 13 -g 2 -l 1 --shaders 2048 --thread-concurrency 8912

That bat file setup is for a R9 280x so a R9 270 will differ...there should be lots of examples in the forum of what people have set up.

LightningFury

Activity: 687
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:51:58 PM

i hold banksy i add the wallet to my pos-coin server  Grin

very nice for solo mining my last block i get 17.01 BSY whats the 0.01 ?  Shocked

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████
███▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████████▄████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.dune network...
           ██
         ██▀▀██
         ██▄▄██
       ██▀▀██▀▀██
       ██▄▄██▄▄█████▀▀███
       ██▀▀██▀▀█████▄▄███
       ██▄▄██▄▄█████▀▀███
  ███████████▀▀█████▄▄███
  ██▌▐██▌▐███▄▄█████▀▀███
  ██▌▐██▌▐██████████▄▄███
  ██▌▐██▌▐██████████▀▀███
  ██▌▐██▌▐██████████▄▄███
█████████████
██████████████
►  Metal
     ►  Wallets
          ►  dApps
►  Blog
     ►  Resources
          ►  Community

██████████

██████
██████████████████████████████
██████████

████████████████████
██████████
IanFoxley
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:20:57 PM

i hold banksy i add the wallet to my pos-coin server  Grin

very nice for solo mining my last block i get 17.01 BSY whats the 0.01 ?  Shocked
Sometimes blocks will give you a little bit extra.

When you send coins, then you have to pay a fee, so because they gave you that little bit extra in that block, then, when you send a transaction, then the fee is already covered in that block you mined. Not all blocks have that, so just think of it as a freebie Smiley

I have not come across any coin that I have mined, where they do not do this with some blocks.

banksycoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 09:35:31 PM

UPDATE: Hello people  Smiley

We have brought the date forward for the "good karma" giveaway. All claims will now be distributed on Thursday the 24th of July! (TOMORROW) We will start the giveaway at 10 am (UK time).

We will be announcing a new and exciting project tomorrow evening  Wink

IanFoxley
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 09:36:29 PM

We have brought the date forward for the "good karma" giveaway. All claims will now be distributed on Thursday the 24th of July! (TOMORROW) We will start the giveaway at 10 am (UK time).

Thanks for that, fingers crossed that I got the "Good Karma" Smiley

kultus

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:35:48 PM

Thanks for that, fingers crossed that I got the "Good Karma" Smiley

nice move, looking forward to the top up and more stakes Cheesy

james42

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:36:40 AM

Just seen my 50,000 karma coins hit my wallet. Cheers guys :-)
IanFoxley
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:39:06 AM

Just seen my 50,000 karma coins hit my wallet. Cheers guys :-)
Mine too, many thanks Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: