Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:58:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328437 times)
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 08:42:51 PM

We have little more than 1000 blocks before PoS starts. Adding 80,000 coins to the current total only gets it to 1.2 million coins. There is no way we will get to 1.4 million, let alone 1.6 million.

So, probably late tonight/early tomorrow we go to a 5% per year rate of new coins, that's ~60,000 per year! Not 100,000+ per day. OK, so it will compound, but we are talking 164 new coins per day, so this compounding will not be so fast.

Not sure if this is right, but daily rate of 1.00013698630137 compounded 365 times goes from 5% to 5.12%, so it is a gain, but really we can ignore it for the first... decade!

I estimate that in 10 years, we will get to 2 million coins. Then it does start growing faster, so after 20 years we will have 3.5 million coins, etc.

Realistically we will have < 1.5 million coins with practically no selling pressure. When I first found out about BTCD it was interesting, but I assumed it would have 22 million coins pretty fast. Also the "giant premine" was calculated not on the full 22 million like I had assumed, but on the PoW phase, so the devs have a whopping 20,000 BTCD or something like that. While in the future this will be worth quite a bit, this amount was easily obtained for 1 BTC and even after appearing on exchange for 3 BTC. So all the "premine FUDsters" can explain to us how a few BTC to the coin creators is a problem.

With DRK in the first days of the coin, there was a "bug" that allowed the early miners to get over 1 million coins. Guess who was running the official mining pool? Yes, the dev of the coin. So, Evan certainly deserves his millions from what he achieve with DRK, but on a fairness scale BTCD is orders of magnitude more fair, like 100 times more fair.

I dont know how many different people are mining, but the petahash(!) rate is absolutely incredible and this indicates it is more than the half dozen early miners that get all the cheap coins that is usual. So, for marketing if we can figure out how widely BTCD is distributed, this will head off any of the "unfair distribution" nonsense that is bound to come our way.

How else will they attack us? We dont have anything new? Ha! Let them try that and explain how 30,000 lines of new code is not new.

Awesome name. Maybe the logo is on the weak side. Hopefully there is a professional graphic artist among us. I am sure bounty for a fantastic logo will be made available. I know so far it has mostly been about the mining and I would think that BTCD community did more hash in its first week than any other coin. [Can somebody back this up with facts?]

So as we transition into PoS, the mining will go away, but please keep at least one server ready. Each server running a node will earn revenue sharing and be the cornerstone for a decentralized infrastructure that will literally change crypto. I think big, I talk big, and I achieve big.

DRK has something like 500 masternodes. It would be great if we had more nodes than DRK, so I hope somebody can document the number of active (server type) of nodes vs just people running the Qt on their PC. We wont need all these nodes for a bit yet, but I want to make sure that we can ramp up to it when it is ready.

For the next two months or so, I would like the BTCD community to become a software testing community. That is what I need to get my stuff done as soon as possible. So bug tracking, of course testers, documentation, usability focus groups, etc. there will be things for everyone who can use a computer to do. After all to get to top 10 coinmarketcap, we need a lot of new users and that means all the software needs to be easy enough to use for everyone, including all of us!

So, if you have organizational skills, we need you.
if you have graphics skills, we need you.
if you have communication skills, we need you.
if you have PR contacts, we need you
if you have common sense and can use a computer, we need you
if you have tech skills, we need you too!

I wont divulge the full tech roadmap yet, but I will show with my actions that I put my money behind what I say. I believe in my abilities to deliver the tech that I will purchase another 10+ BTC worth and to make sure I actually get the coins, I will put the bid in at .000666 Smiley

HODL is the best strategy for a coin like BTCD. HODL and TESTL, then we will release and market and dominate. So if you are with me, help out to the best of your abilities and availability and dont sell below the magic price of .000666

I want today to be the last day BTCD was available below that price.

James

P.S. Its been quite a week, my multigateway went live today, you can see it at http://www.multigateway.com

Good shit!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 08:46:41 PM

I have 120 coins and I will take them off the exchange to stake..I believe this coin can go big.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
RedGummyBear

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

♀ ♥

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 08:50:05 PM

We are sending BONUS PAYOUTS RIGHT NOW! ENJOY MINERS AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT. (Also with all the FUD against us Wink)

99,99999% Uptime guaranteed!
    Low 0.99% fees
    High performance Node.js backend
    User friendly mining client
    Multi-coin / multi-pool
    24/7 Support
    No registration needed! Point your miners to our pool, set your own address and start getting payout every 20 seconds!

EU based

DDOS protected

Under constant improvements for your mining pleasure!

#IRC SUPPORT CHANNEL: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/CryptoSkills

Quick Guide how to mine on CRYPTOSKILLS POOLS (without even entering the website!!)

Configuration:

Username: your BitcoinDark wallet address

Password: anything (could be a letter or number or whatever you want)

Algorithm: sha256

URL (difficulty 1): stratum+tcp://pools.cryptoskills.com:3015 -->Little Miners
URL (Vardiff): stratum+tcp://pools.cryptoskills.com:3039
URL (difficulty 256): stratum+tcp://pools.cryptoskills.com:3265 --> Bigger Miners
URL (difficulty 4096): stratum+tcp://pools.cryptoskills.com:3280 --> More than 1 TH/s

This pool Is not recommended the payouts are not accurate at all and not traceable . there is no way to determine how many coins you have earned and i know they ripped me off on twice.  Rented a 200 GHS Miner to hash away for 4 hours with a payout of 1.3 coins.

Anyone have a similar Experience with this horrible pool?

The key to my ♥ has been lost. Call a locksmith
Azeh (OP)

Activity: 441
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 08:58:29 PM

We have little more than 1000 blocks before PoS starts. Adding 80,000 coins to the current total only gets it to 1.2 million coins. There is no way we will get to 1.4 million, let alone 1.6 million.

So, probably late tonight/early tomorrow we go to a 5% per year rate of new coins, that's ~60,000 per year! Not 100,000+ per day. OK, so it will compound, but we are talking 164 new coins per day, so this compounding will not be so fast.

Not sure if this is right, but daily rate of 1.00013698630137 compounded 365 times goes from 5% to 5.12%, so it is a gain, but really we can ignore it for the first... decade!

I estimate that in 10 years, we will get to 2 million coins. Then it does start growing faster, so after 20 years we will have 3.5 million coins, etc.

Realistically we will have < 1.5 million coins with practically no selling pressure. When I first found out about BTCD it was interesting, but I assumed it would have 22 million coins pretty fast. Also the "giant premine" was calculated not on the full 22 million like I had assumed, but on the PoW phase, so the devs have a whopping 20,000 BTCD or something like that. While in the future this will be worth quite a bit, this amount was easily obtained for 1 BTC and even after appearing on exchange for 3 BTC. So all the "premine FUDsters" can explain to us how a few BTC to the coin creators is a problem.

With DRK in the first days of the coin, there was a "bug" that allowed the early miners to get over 1 million coins. Guess who was running the official mining pool? Yes, the dev of the coin. So, Evan certainly deserves his millions from what he achieve with DRK, but on a fairness scale BTCD is orders of magnitude more fair, like 100 times more fair.

I dont know how many different people are mining, but the petahash(!) rate is absolutely incredible and this indicates it is more than the half dozen early miners that get all the cheap coins that is usual. So, for marketing if we can figure out how widely BTCD is distributed, this will head off any of the "unfair distribution" nonsense that is bound to come our way.

How else will they attack us? We dont have anything new? Ha! Let them try that and explain how 30,000 lines of new code is not new.

Awesome name. Maybe the logo is on the weak side. Hopefully there is a professional graphic artist among us. I am sure bounty for a fantastic logo will be made available. I know so far it has mostly been about the mining and I would think that BTCD community did more hash in its first week than any other coin. [Can somebody back this up with facts?]

So as we transition into PoS, the mining will go away, but please keep at least one server ready. Each server running a node will earn revenue sharing and be the cornerstone for a decentralized infrastructure that will literally change crypto. I think big, I talk big, and I achieve big.

DRK has something like 500 masternodes. It would be great if we had more nodes than DRK, so I hope somebody can document the number of active (server type) of nodes vs just people running the Qt on their PC. We wont need all these nodes for a bit yet, but I want to make sure that we can ramp up to it when it is ready.

For the next two months or so, I would like the BTCD community to become a software testing community. That is what I need to get my stuff done as soon as possible. So bug tracking, of course testers, documentation, usability focus groups, etc. there will be things for everyone who can use a computer to do. After all to get to top 10 coinmarketcap, we need a lot of new users and that means all the software needs to be easy enough to use for everyone, including all of us!

So, if you have organizational skills, we need you.
if you have graphics skills, we need you.
if you have communication skills, we need you.
if you have PR contacts, we need you
if you have common sense and can use a computer, we need you
if you have tech skills, we need you too!

I wont divulge the full tech roadmap yet, but I will show with my actions that I put my money behind what I say. I believe in my abilities to deliver the tech that I will purchase another 10+ BTC worth and to make sure I actually get the coins, I will put the bid in at .000666 Smiley

HODL is the best strategy for a coin like BTCD. HODL and TESTL, then we will release and market and dominate. So if you are with me, help out to the best of your abilities and availability and dont sell below the magic price of .000666

I want today to be the last day BTCD was available below that price.

James

P.S. Its been quite a week, my multigateway went live today, you can see it at http://www.multigateway.com

Thanks James, you're the man Wink

Onwards and upwards!
ramtony

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 09:11:16 PM

Hi, does anyone know if there is a problem with gameofcoims pool? mined it for 12 hours yesterday with 1TH and never got a payout.
RedGummyBear

♀ ♥

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 09:15:25 PM

Hi, does anyone know if there is a problem with gameofcoims pool? mined it for 12 hours yesterday with 1TH and never got a payout.
wow i thought my problem of 200 GHS for 4 hours with only a payout of 1.3 coins was bad enough 1 TH 12 hours with no payouts is beyond bad.   Hope you get your coins i know exactly how you feel.

MickGhee
Legendary

Activity: 1386

Fucker of "the system"

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 09:33:45 PM

We are partially back up!  Stratum servers are currently off but you can connect to the site to withdraw any coins you have on there.
becausepool.com

YAY!

Last night, while you were sleeping. I fucked the system!
minerpools

Activity: 574

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 09:41:38 PM

Update on http://btcd.minerpools.com

We're still beind DDOSed, the difference is that they've actually targeted our ISP directly, main router's down, we're working to connect with an alternate provider. Do not worry as all coins and info are completely safe.

Will post back on further updates or hopefully when the site's back up.

CryptoSkills

Activity: 126

BitCoin, webdesign and coding.

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 09:49:37 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2014, 10:00:02 PM by CryptoSkills

We are sending BONUS PAYOUTS RIGHT NOW! ENJOY MINERS AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT. (Also with all the FUD against us Wink)

Low 0.99% fees
    Multi-coin / multi-pool
    24/7 Support
    No registration needed! Point your miners to our pool, set your own address and start getting payout every 20 seconds!

EU based

DDOS protected

Quick Guide how to mine on CRYPTOSKILLS POOLS (without even entering the website!!)

Configuration:

URL (difficulty 256): stratum+tcp://pools.cryptoskills.com:3265 --> Bigger Miners
URL (difficulty 4096): stratum+tcp://pools.cryptoskills.com:3280 --> More than 1 TH/s

This pool Is not recommended the payouts are not accurate at all and not traceable . there is no way to determine how many coins you have earned and i know they ripped me off on twice.  Rented a 200 GHS Miner to hash away for 4 hours with a payout of 1.3 coins.

First: payouts are more than accurate but yes are not traceable (in real time) cause NOMP it's still missing this feature.

Second: we did not ripped off anyone. Never, we also helped others pool owners and being always there to solve users problems. We received a lot of FUD and personal offence but this is normal. We know how this game goes, but we play fair.

Third: 4 hours for 200GH/s is very low power compared to toal HR, and we are getting less blocks cause our HR is around 13/14 TH/s . Your payout is regulated by nomp and it's as accurate as it can be. Did you think that maybe it's because we got only 3 blocks in 4 hours? and 1.3 BTCD is quite enough payout compared to your GH/s with more than 40 workers.

RedGummyBear

♀ ♥

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 10:01:29 PM

Low 0.99% fees
    Multi-coin / multi-pool
    24/7 Support

EU based

DDOS protected

Configuration:

First: payouts are more than accurate but yes are not traceable (in real time) cause NOMP it's still missing this feature.

Second: we did not ripped off anyone. Never, we also helped others pool owners and being always there to solve users problems. We received a lot of FUD and personal offence but this is normal. We know how this game goes, but we play fair.

Third: 4 hours for 200GH/s is very low power compared to toal HR, and we are getting less blocks cause our HR is around 13/14 TH/s . Your payout is regulated by nomp and it's as accurate as it can be. Did you think that maybe it's because we got only 3 blocks in 4 hours? and 1.3 BTCD is quite enough payout compared to your GH/s.

Your Nasty little sarcastic posts and Pm's show what kind of pool owner you are. I have been browsing your posting history and see many complaints about your payouts  or lack of and it just validates  my complaint. 

You are a nasty person and as far as i'm concerned you can keep the coins that i mined on your pool. It was well worth it to Expose you as a thief.

Hope you choke on my coins.

To the DEV you should remove the pool from the list on the main page so future BTCD miners won't get ripped off.  Love this coin and i will try to find an honest pool to send my hired Miners to.

anon989

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 10:01:54 PM

I don't normally get excited, but when I do, its because I increased my btcd.
scorpio18
Legendary

Activity: 1680

Admin of CoinMiners Pools

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 10:02:52 PM

974 block until the pow end so

Join us http://btcd.coin-miners.info/  Spread the hashes!!

Wink

Rent some SHA256 hash power at

http://www.miningrigrentals.com/

RedGummyBear

♀ ♥

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 10:05:06 PM

Wink

I'm going to check out this pool looks like an Excited pool owner and will be happy to join Ya Smiley

scorpio18
Legendary

Activity: 1680

Admin of CoinMiners Pools

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 10:08:32 PM

Wink

I'm going to check out this pool looks like an Excited pool owner and will be happy to join Ya Smiley

I will be glad to have you on board  Wink

damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 10:09:42 PM

Is there an official multipool? 
RedGummyBear

♀ ♥

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 10:13:15 PM

Wink

I will be glad to have you on board  Wink
I rented one of your miners last night to mine BTCD on a dishonest pool<---Not your pool  and got robbed so i'll have to buy some more BTC so i can rent a nice 1 TH miner from you to mine more BTCD in your pool.
Love your service thank you.

IceColdTommy

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 10:18:39 PM

Low 0.99% fees
    Multi-coin / multi-pool
    24/7 Support

EU based

DDOS protected

Configuration:

Third: 4 hours for 200GH/s is very low power compared to toal HR, and we are getting less blocks cause our HR is around 13/14 TH/s . Your payout is regulated by nomp and it's as accurate as it can be. Did you think that maybe it's because we got only 3 blocks in 4 hours? and 1.3 BTCD is quite enough payout compared to your GH/s.

Your Nasty little sarcastic posts and Pm's show what kind of pool owner you are. I have been browsing your posting history and see many complaints about your payouts  or lack of and it just validates  my complaint. 

You are a nasty person and as far as i'm concerned you can keep the coins that i mined on your pool. It was well worth it to Expose you as a thief.

Hope you choke on my coins.

To the DEV you should remove the pool from the list on the main page so future BTCD miners won't get ripped off.  Love this coin and i will try to find an honest pool to send my hired Miners to.

It doesn't matter any more, mining ends in few hours, there will be only the multipool left and they are good
Aptidude

Activity: 89

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 11:40:09 PM

This thread has FUNK instead of FUD:

I really think this coin can pass DRK.

There will be a few dumps during the travel and some panic selling, but this coin can get there 100%

We have way less coins in circulation!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe-yhsV-UbA
anon989

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 11:47:46 PM

This thread has FUNK instead of FUD:
Sorry my fault, I've been to busy watching the charts to shower....  Undecided
minerpools

Activity: 574

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 11:54:11 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2014, 01:32:05 AM by minerpools

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Minerpools is already back up, but we had to change ISP and our IP has changed, you can reach the website at http://btcd.minerpools.com/ Please withdraw your coins as they're already confirmed.

If you'd still have some love for us, our stratum is stratum+tcp://181.58.125.139:4093 It's already up but we're still notifying the users, the domain btcd.minerpools.com is still updating and therefore it won't be reachable.

Once again I apologize for all these inconveniences, we've had to endure far too many DDOS attacks and were able to mitigate them but today was different, the good side was that the server wasn't reached, although it basically killed our internet connection. Changes have been made to avoid this in the future.

EDIT: http://btcd.minerpools.com is FINALLY BACK UP.

Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: