Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:41:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328437 times)
atanas2d

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 05:13:38 PM

Page 1 # was an estimate
POW ended sooner so with less coins than estimated.

Nice. Even we knew about yesterday price growth I'm glad I didn't sell nothing. Time to buy now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
exoton

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 05:30:33 PM

We have little more than 1000 blocks before PoS starts. Adding 80,000 coins to the current total only gets it to 1.2 million coins. There is no way we will get to 1.4 million, let alone 1.6 million.

So, probably late tonight/early tomorrow we go to a 5% per year rate of new coins, that's ~60,000 per year! Not 100,000+ per day. OK, so it will compound, but we are talking 164 new coins per day, so this compounding will not be so fast.

Not sure if this is right, but daily rate of 1.00013698630137 compounded 365 times goes from 5% to 5.12%, so it is a gain, but really we can ignore it for the first... decade!

I estimate that in 10 years, we will get to 2 million coins. Then it does start growing faster, so after 20 years we will have 3.5 million coins, etc.

Realistically we will have < 1.5 million coins with practically no selling pressure. When I first found out about BTCD it was interesting, but I assumed it would have 22 million coins pretty fast. Also the "giant premine" was calculated not on the full 22 million like I had assumed, but on the PoW phase, so the devs have a whopping 20,000 BTCD or something like that. While in the future this will be worth quite a bit, this amount was easily obtained for 1 BTC and even after appearing on exchange for 3 BTC. So all the "premine FUDsters" can explain to us how a few BTC to the coin creators is a problem.

With DRK in the first days of the coin, there was a "bug" that allowed the early miners to get over 1 million coins. Guess who was running the official mining pool? Yes, the dev of the coin. So, Evan certainly deserves his millions from what he achieve with DRK, but on a fairness scale BTCD is orders of magnitude more fair, like 100 times more fair.

I dont know how many different people are mining, but the petahash(!) rate is absolutely incredible and this indicates it is more than the half dozen early miners that get all the cheap coins that is usual. So, for marketing if we can figure out how widely BTCD is distributed, this will head off any of the "unfair distribution" nonsense that is bound to come our way.

How else will they attack us? We dont have anything new? Ha! Let them try that and explain how 30,000 lines of new code is not new.

Awesome name. Maybe the logo is on the weak side. Hopefully there is a professional graphic artist among us. I am sure bounty for a fantastic logo will be made available. I know so far it has mostly been about the mining and I would think that BTCD community did more hash in its first week than any other coin. [Can somebody back this up with facts?]

So as we transition into PoS, the mining will go away, but please keep at least one server ready. Each server running a node will earn revenue sharing and be the cornerstone for a decentralized infrastructure that will literally change crypto. I think big, I talk big, and I achieve big.

DRK has something like 500 masternodes. It would be great if we had more nodes than DRK, so I hope somebody can document the number of active (server type) of nodes vs just people running the Qt on their PC. We wont need all these nodes for a bit yet, but I want to make sure that we can ramp up to it when it is ready.

For the next two months or so, I would like the BTCD community to become a software testing community. That is what I need to get my stuff done as soon as possible. So bug tracking, of course testers, documentation, usability focus groups, etc. there will be things for everyone who can use a computer to do. After all to get to top 10 coinmarketcap, we need a lot of new users and that means all the software needs to be easy enough to use for everyone, including all of us!

So, if you have organizational skills, we need you.
if you have graphics skills, we need you.
if you have communication skills, we need you.
if you have PR contacts, we need you
if you have common sense and can use a computer, we need you
if you have tech skills, we need you too!

I wont divulge the full tech roadmap yet, but I will show with my actions that I put my money behind what I say. I believe in my abilities to deliver the tech that I will purchase another 10+ BTC worth and to make sure I actually get the coins, I will put the bid in at .000666 Smiley

HODL is the best strategy for a coin like BTCD. HODL and TESTL, then we will release and market and dominate. So if you are with me, help out to the best of your abilities and availability and dont sell below the magic price of .000666

I want today to be the last day BTCD was available below that price.

James

P.S. Its been quite a week, my multigateway went live today, you can see it at http://www.multigateway.com

when will you put in the buy order ? Cheesy
Azeh (OP)

Activity: 441
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 06:06:34 PM

OP updated!

Added multi-pool information

Added a new faucet and game
Azeh (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 06:09:56 PM

Also, it seems the block explorer is not functioning. This is also linked to Coinmarketcap and is likely the reason it does not show the total available supply accurately.

Anyone interested in building a proper block explorer?

Grillo

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 06:27:15 PM

How can i install the client in Linux mint?
thanks.
atanas2d

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 06:31:21 PM

OP updated!

Added multi-pool information

Added a new faucet and game

Good Job! Active development as always.
hellyeahent

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 06:39:54 PM

Everything fine, but u dont have devs to support u. And annoncing "annonimous" transactions like many many other coins before just causes pumps and dumps. Why wont u make that annon transaction feature than tell us: here u are annon feature ? White paper would be nice too  Smiley
xtent

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 06:42:45 PM

Everything fine, but u dont have devs to support u. And annoncing "annonimous" transactions like many many other coins before just causes pumps and dumps. Why wont u make that annon transaction feature than tell us: here u are annon feature ? White paper would be nice too  Smiley

huh??
chuckscap

Activity: 118

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 07:18:51 PM

I'm very happy with the launch so far.  Looking forward to the new features.  Me and my little 660 GHs Jupiter are in it for the long run on BTCD

Regards,

Chuck
DutchRIG

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 07:30:53 PM

Hi Guys!

We have just add BTCD to our multipool http://AltMining.Farm you can mine there and get paid in BTCD!

AltMining.Farm have nodes in EU / Asia / USA and you can mine with Scrypt / SHA256 and X11

Let get some buy pressure on BTCD and mine with us!
Azeh (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 08:01:08 PM

Updated OP

added additional multi-pools

added another block explorer

It would still be nice if someone could develop a dedicated and professional block explorer.  If anyone is interested please PM me.

MemoryShock

Activity: 728

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 08:04:25 PM

Everything fine, but u dont have devs to support u.

That is not true.  We have a talented Dev who has already written 30,000 lines of new code.  The post is a few pages back.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
MemoryShock

Activity: 728

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 08:05:27 PM

We have little more than 1000 blocks before PoS starts. Adding 80,000 coins to the current total only gets it to 1.2 million coins. There is no way we will get to 1.4 million, let alone 1.6 million.

So, probably late tonight/early tomorrow we go to a 5% per year rate of new coins, that's ~60,000 per year! Not 100,000+ per day. OK, so it will compound, but we are talking 164 new coins per day, so this compounding will not be so fast.

Not sure if this is right, but daily rate of 1.00013698630137 compounded 365 times goes from 5% to 5.12%, so it is a gain, but really we can ignore it for the first... decade!

I estimate that in 10 years, we will get to 2 million coins. Then it does start growing faster, so after 20 years we will have 3.5 million coins, etc.

Realistically we will have < 1.5 million coins with practically no selling pressure. When I first found out about BTCD it was interesting, but I assumed it would have 22 million coins pretty fast. Also the "giant premine" was calculated not on the full 22 million like I had assumed, but on the PoW phase, so the devs have a whopping 20,000 BTCD or something like that. While in the future this will be worth quite a bit, this amount was easily obtained for 1 BTC and even after appearing on exchange for 3 BTC. So all the "premine FUDsters" can explain to us how a few BTC to the coin creators is a problem.

With DRK in the first days of the coin, there was a "bug" that allowed the early miners to get over 1 million coins. Guess who was running the official mining pool? Yes, the dev of the coin. So, Evan certainly deserves his millions from what he achieve with DRK, but on a fairness scale BTCD is orders of magnitude more fair, like 100 times more fair.

I dont know how many different people are mining, but the petahash(!) rate is absolutely incredible and this indicates it is more than the half dozen early miners that get all the cheap coins that is usual. So, for marketing if we can figure out how widely BTCD is distributed, this will head off any of the "unfair distribution" nonsense that is bound to come our way.

How else will they attack us? We dont have anything new? Ha! Let them try that and explain how 30,000 lines of new code is not new.

Awesome name. Maybe the logo is on the weak side. Hopefully there is a professional graphic artist among us. I am sure bounty for a fantastic logo will be made available. I know so far it has mostly been about the mining and I would think that BTCD community did more hash in its first week than any other coin. [Can somebody back this up with facts?]

So as we transition into PoS, the mining will go away, but please keep at least one server ready. Each server running a node will earn revenue sharing and be the cornerstone for a decentralized infrastructure that will literally change crypto. I think big, I talk big, and I achieve big.

DRK has something like 500 masternodes. It would be great if we had more nodes than DRK, so I hope somebody can document the number of active (server type) of nodes vs just people running the Qt on their PC. We wont need all these nodes for a bit yet, but I want to make sure that we can ramp up to it when it is ready.

For the next two months or so, I would like the BTCD community to become a software testing community. That is what I need to get my stuff done as soon as possible. So bug tracking, of course testers, documentation, usability focus groups, etc. there will be things for everyone who can use a computer to do. After all to get to top 10 coinmarketcap, we need a lot of new users and that means all the software needs to be easy enough to use for everyone, including all of us!

So, if you have organizational skills, we need you.
if you have graphics skills, we need you.
if you have communication skills, we need you.
if you have PR contacts, we need you
if you have common sense and can use a computer, we need you
if you have tech skills, we need you too!

I wont divulge the full tech roadmap yet, but I will show with my actions that I put my money behind what I say. I believe in my abilities to deliver the tech that I will purchase another 10+ BTC worth and to make sure I actually get the coins, I will put the bid in at .000666 Smiley

HODL is the best strategy for a coin like BTCD. HODL and TESTL, then we will release and market and dominate. So if you are with me, help out to the best of your abilities and availability and dont sell below the magic price of .000666

I want today to be the last day BTCD was available below that price.

James

P.S. Its been quite a week, my multigateway went live today, you can see it at http://www.multigateway.com

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 08:07:46 PM

Guy's we should really try and consolidate everything into 1 main multipool, not 3-4 small ones. 

We need an official multipool
chuckscap

Activity: 118

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 09:10:00 PM

We're opening for testing. Limited # of coins to start with and we're open to suggestions on coins to add so long as they tend to be profitable.

BitcoinDark by xpool - BTCD Multipool

PROP reward system
BTCD Payouts
Scrypt & SHA256 & X11 Algo's
DDoS Protected
High Performance Backend
Simple setup and usage
0% Fees while in BETA
To mine:

How does it work?

xpool offers 3 different sets of coins to mine. SHA256, Scrypt and X11. Each algorithm runs on a shift. Currently there is no set interval as there needs to be enough found and confirmed blocks to make trading worthwhile on the exchanges. We don't want to finish a shift only to find out, the exchanges are going to eat up the payout in fees or limit the withdraw with a large minimum. The confirmed coins are traded throughout the duration of the shift automatically to maximize the profits from exchanging them into BTCD. Once enough confirmed blocked are accumulated, the shift is moved into "Trading" status while all the exchanged coins are calculated into BTCD and then queued for payment. Once all the coins are confirmed as successfully traded and exchanged, the BTCD payments are sent.

As the pool picks up more hashing speed and sufficient BTCD can be picked up from the exchanges, the shifts will be set to a schedule and payouts more frequent and less worry about the exchanges. This is a growing phase so the more hash support the better.
If a DRK block is found, there's no exchanging or loss of fees as it can simply be moved into the X11 payout queue.

The advantage of the pool is that you can utilize your older ASIC equipment to earn you the more desired BitcoinDark.
Cheers and Happy Hashing!

Donations welcome!

Any issues, please report them here or feel free to PM me, as I can't always see every post.

PoW is done and looks like people are moving over to the multipool. I encourage all ALGO's to come over. There are already 150+ BTCD queued to be sent tonight at the end of the shift.

At this rate, I hope we can have a shift complete every 24 hours and then you will get BTCD every 24 hours.

Cheers!

joined your pool this morning, when does the shift end and payouts happen?

Regards,

Chuck
cloudboy

Activity: 690

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:39:43 PM

We need more people jumping on the multipools

dark.xpool.ca
btcdpool.com
altmining.farm
paradigmflux

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

small fry

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 10:41:42 PM

fully automated payouts will start happening every 3 hours on BTCDpool.com shortly
along with the full graphing of the historical shift profitabilities.
hopefully some of the petahash of SHA miners will come back - we might not be quite AS profitable as BTC directly today but we're damn close.

---
NXT Multipool! Mine Scrypt, SHA, Keccak or X11 for NXT! http://hashrate.org
http://hashrate.org/getting_started for port info!
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 10:50:48 PM

We're opening for testing. Limited # of coins to start with and we're open to suggestions on coins to add so long as they tend to be profitable.

BitcoinDark by xpool - BTCD Multipool

PROP reward system
BTCD Payouts
Scrypt & SHA256 & X11 Algo's
DDoS Protected
High Performance Backend
Simple setup and usage
0% Fees while in BETA
To mine:

How does it work?

xpool offers 3 different sets of coins to mine. SHA256, Scrypt and X11. Each algorithm runs on a shift. Currently there is no set interval as there needs to be enough found and confirmed blocks to make trading worthwhile on the exchanges. We don't want to finish a shift only to find out, the exchanges are going to eat up the payout in fees or limit the withdraw with a large minimum. The confirmed coins are traded throughout the duration of the shift automatically to maximize the profits from exchanging them into BTCD. Once enough confirmed blocked are accumulated, the shift is moved into "Trading" status while all the exchanged coins are calculated into BTCD and then queued for payment. Once all the coins are confirmed as successfully traded and exchanged, the BTCD payments are sent.

As the pool picks up more hashing speed and sufficient BTCD can be picked up from the exchanges, the shifts will be set to a schedule and payouts more frequent and less worry about the exchanges. This is a growing phase so the more hash support the better.
If a DRK block is found, there's no exchanging or loss of fees as it can simply be moved into the X11 payout queue.

The advantage of the pool is that you can utilize your older ASIC equipment to earn you the more desired BitcoinDark.
Cheers and Happy Hashing!

Donations welcome!

Any issues, please report them here or feel free to PM me, as I can't always see every post.

PoW is done and looks like people are moving over to the multipool. I encourage all ALGO's to come over. There are already 150+ BTCD queued to be sent tonight at the end of the shift.

At this rate, I hope we can have a shift complete every 24 hours and then you will get BTCD every 24 hours.

Cheers!

joined your pool this morning, when does the shift end and payouts happen?

Shifts will roll over tonight and payout sent. Typically shifts will be 24-36 hours to ensure a healthy payout.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
paradigmflux

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

small fry

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 10:51:28 PM

Shifts will roll over tonight and payout sent. Typically shifts will be 24-36 hours to ensure a healthy payout.
more like because you manually send em out! feel free to check out my other thread to see some code for how you could automate payouts. Smiley

---
NXT Multipool! Mine Scrypt, SHA, Keccak or X11 for NXT! http://hashrate.org
http://hashrate.org/getting_started for port info!
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:08:27 PM

Got bids from 45k-48k.  Let's see if they get filled.
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: