Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:50:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 [249] 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328438 times)
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:11:30 AM

James do you think as different coins decide to use teleport there will be BTCD holders selling down their holdings to get coins in these other coins?

The thinking could be that they would offer higher ROI than holding BTCD in the short term this cause a downward  pressure on the BTCD price.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:16:27 AM

Now I think about it, wouldnt it better to get a head start on these other coins?

Like the first month it would only be BTCD then allow other coins to join. This will help BTCD have the new feature premium although it would decrease the annon function due to the network being smaller than otherwise with additional coins.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:23:07 AM

James do you think as different coins decide to use teleport there will be BTCD holders selling down their holdings to get coins in these other coins?

The thinking could be that they would offer higher ROI than holding BTCD in the short term this cause a downward  pressure on the BTCD price.

Maybe short and midterm but longterm btcd stakers will get alot of dividens from everything related to teleport

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 08:23:26 AM

Now I think about it, wouldnt it better to get a head start on these other coins?

Like the first month it would only be BTCD then allow other coins to join. This will help BTCD have the new feature premium although it would decrease the annon function due to the network being smaller than otherwise with additional coins.
realistically it will be just like you say as getting a new coin integrated into supernetwork is a bit more work than adding a  line in the .conf file, plus InstantDEX needs to be there with Tradebots, so 1 month is optimistic for completion of those and integration with even the first coin to join the supernetwork.

also, only BTCD gets the efficient teleporting, the other coins would need a hardfork and to put in the "flux capacitor" into their core. highly doubtful if any other coin will do this, so without this, I need to do some tricky "containment field" and also we need some additional facilities at the Teleport station. So maybe this can be done in a month's time, but only if I am coding 75%+ of the time. I expect I will only be able to do the ~50% allocation to coding for a while with all the external interactions i am doing. So, being limited to 8hrs coding per day will necessarily slow things down

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 08:27:52 AM

Maybe short and midterm but longterm btcd stakers will get alot of dividens from everything related to teleport
I doubt BTC will see an immediate doubling. There are many levels of supporting another coin. The simply teleporting it is something that really doesnt differentiate the coin that much, as once i get the first non-BTCD coin supported, within a week, there could be 10+, then 40+

The real boost to any other coin are the ones that get their own terminal in the Teleport station. The reason is that they will automatically get cross promotions from all the supernetwork, being that there will only be a limited number of slots, the ones that get one will have a long term advantage over the coins that are not there. And of course any benefit that new coin gets is only due to the supernetwork's value, which BTCD is of course benefiting from.

Now a small cap coin that quadruples at the mention of my name, sure if you can get 1 BTC worth before the scramble then it is good ROI, but on small volumes. The trick is to make good ROI on large volume

Trinibits

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:29:46 AM

Sweet! Just got home and saw your post while catching up on the thread..... I was wondering earlier if Kristov would have this up. Guess it's a Dark News dinner Cool..... Thanks for reminding me to watch this Trinibits

Peace

No worries man, he did tell me he had questions and when I showed him a few ways to get his answers he said he was busy with other projects  Huh Huh

So I told him shout me when he has time. When telepod kicks in, he may jus come looking for those answers ;#)
Breasal

Activity: 585

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:55:50 AM

I dont listen to podcasts but I heard about Beyond Bitcoin. Does anybody know how popular that show is?

Beyond Bitcoin's host is Author Falls from Down Under. I like his podcasts but not sure of his listenership size...well edited and sound quality. He asks intelligent questions and usually has cutting edge guests.

http://letstalkbitcoin.com/profile/user/legendface66

http://www.beyondbitcoinshow.com/

If he's asking to interview you, I'd go for it...good exposure!

Edit: Would really like to picture what you look like based on your voice  Grin Cool Tongue
Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 09:30:26 AM

Jl777 you might want to look into using neoscoin in colaberation with BTCD, has his own brand of anon sending "arbitrush". Well known coder (syntaks).

Whoa 12btc buy wall on neos after I said this?

whats happening Shocked

Neos part of btcd coins like bbr?

If so then expect a pump, considering its got a 98k usd market cap

Damn I love btcd
I am looking at it, but I cant get it to run on Mac

Everything works fine here ! damn like the fact you and neoscoin dev have a lot simular and give a lot about the coin.
Not those never around dev's.

Wish i would off hold my btcd a little longer , not going to make that mistake again on neos.

JL777 , any new things on calender been on holiday dont know what i missed Tongue but a lot to read back.
bitkokos

Activity: 490

0_0

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 09:34:07 AM

I dont listen to podcasts but I heard about Beyond Bitcoin. Does anybody know how popular that show is?

Beyond Bitcoin's host is Author Falls from Down Under. I like his podcasts but not sure of his listenership size...well edited and sound quality. He asks intelligent questions and usually has cutting edge guests.

Edit: Would really like to picture what you look like based on your voice  Grin Cool Tongue

Seriously, we do NOT want james real identity public. He'd propably be dead or in a dark prison cage in a submarine hidden deep below see level as soon as that happens, beeing forced to code for the government. I prefer to have him here, with us. So, lets do everything we can to help him hide his identity. I expect to learn who he really is/was in 20-30 years maybe.

We all know the most important about James.
He is a great guy.
That's his real identity and that's more than enough for me.

O_o
Breasal

Activity: 585

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 09:35:55 AM
Last edit: August 29, 2014, 10:02:48 AM by Breasal

Edit: Would really like to picture what you look like based on your voice  Grin Cool Tongue

Seriously, we do NOT want james real identity public. He'd propably be dead or in a dark prison cage in a submarine hidden deep below see level as soon as that happens, beeing forced to code for the government. I prefer to have him here, with us. So, lets do everything we can to help him hide his identity. I expect to learn who he really is/was in 20-30 years maybe.

We all know the most important about James.
He is a great guy.
That's his real identity and that's more than enough for me.

Who said anything about revealing his identity....

....I sure didn't: that would be catastrophic in more ways than one!!!
ShortBTCD

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 09:42:17 AM

ShortBTCD is reopening early today (right now), given the volatility.

With BTCD/BTC at 0.008256, the ShortBTCD target price is 114.8.

Bid/ask: 114/116.
MuFaza

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 10:17:34 AM

It's sad to see how everything James says it is taken out of context in other threads. It feels like he can not think out loud and should only make official statements... >.<
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 10:25:15 AM

It's sad to see how everything James says it is taken out of context in other threads. It feels like he can not think think out loud and should only make official statements... >.<

I refuse this correctness political constraint. I say the things that I see as true. Maybe I am wrong sometimes, but i think usually I am correct. So the truth is more power than anything else. I do say some pretty incredible things sometimes, like "I am not made of cheese" I am glad everybody understands this statement

Since I think I have used all letters of the alphabet, basically anything can be created by cutting and pasting my text.
The people that know me will know when somebody is misrepresenting and that will reflect on them
Since they cannot use facts against me or my tech, they have to resort to this.
I think once they realize it is backfiring to attack me (BBR) maybe they will come to their senses.

also worries about my safety is very touching. Thanks for the concern. I have policy to never do any voice calls and so no worries about my voice being captured. In any case I dont even have a phone so not sure how they would use my voice against me, but better safe than sorry.

Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 11:18:51 AM

It's sad to see how everything James says it is taken out of context in other threads. It feels like he can not think think out loud and should only make official statements... >.<

I refuse this correctness political constraint. I say the things that I see as true. Maybe I am wrong sometimes, but i think usually I am correct. So the truth is more power than anything else. I do say some pretty incredible things sometimes, like "I am not made of cheese" I am glad everybody understands this statement

Since I think I have used all letters of the alphabet, basically anything can be created by cutting and pasting my text.
The people that know me will know when somebody is misrepresenting and that will reflect on them
Since they cannot use facts against me or my tech, they have to resort to this.
I think once they realize it is backfiring to attack me (BBR) maybe they will come to their senses.

also worries about my safety is very touching. Thanks for the concern. I have policy to never do any voice calls and so no worries about my voice being captured. In any case I dont even have a phone so not sure how they would use my voice against me, but better safe than sorry.

Omg your not made of cheese , such a dissapointment.

threecats

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 11:38:17 AM

James, saw in the polo chat that BTCDdev is handing over the codebase to you tomorrow, haven't heard much about the gui (not your department) any chance whoever working is with the gui can post a few screenshots, give us an idea what it is looking like?
UPGRADE99

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 11:38:53 AM

It looks like James have became the soul leader,That's fine.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 11:47:17 AM

James, saw in the polo chat that BTCDdev is handing over the codebase to you tomorrow, haven't heard much about the gui (not your department) any chance whoever working is with the gui can post a few screenshots, give us an idea what it is looking like?
just get the NXT GUI, it is based on that, so you need to visualize BTCD graphics on it

ShortBTCD

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:00:21 PM

ShortBTCD is reopening early today (right now), given the volatility.

With BTCD/BTC at 0.008256, the ShortBTCD target price is 114.8.

Bid/ask: 114/116.

As it's now the normal ShortBTCD opening hour, a quick update:

Bid/ask is now 119/121 (target value = 119.8 ), based on BTCD/BTC at 0.00782.
YesOrNo

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:08:11 PM

Guys don't listen FUD and don't sell your coins to wales.
It's alays like that every coin they spread the FUD to get cheap your coins.
GUYS USE YOUR BRAIN DON'T LISTEN WALES' FUD they  want to scam you
apex944

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:23:28 PM

BTCD still "in the Dark"
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=439341.100

more for us!

Pages: « 1 ... 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 [249] 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: