Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:42:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 [269] 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328438 times)
Tuck Fheman

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 05:00:12 AM

I guess most people cant look at C code and simulate the flow of data and progress of the algorithms. Seems this is a lost art.

If "most people can't look at C code and simulate the flow of data and progress of the algorithms" and "it's a lost art" and this is known beforehand, then why choose C?

Perhaps this is what was behind Kristov's logic?
I am a simple C programmer
I am superfluent in C
This allows me to be order of magnitude more productive
I still have this art

That's great and all, but we're not talking about your skillz (at least I'm not).

We're (or I am) talking about "most people" and their use (or abuse) of the Turing complete scripting aspect of the coin.

What is it that I'm missing?

Are you going to write every single line of code that will ever be used in the Turing complete scripting?  I'm pretty sure the answer is no, hence why I'm asking.

"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 05:34:28 AM

I guess most people cant look at C code and simulate the flow of data and progress of the algorithms. Seems this is a lost art.

If "most people can't look at C code and simulate the flow of data and progress of the algorithms" and "it's a lost art" and this is known beforehand, then why choose C?

Perhaps this is what was behind Kristov's logic?
I am a simple C programmer
I am superfluent in C
This allows me to be order of magnitude more productive
I still have this art

That's great and all, but we're not talking about your skillz (at least I'm not).

We're (or I am) talking about "most people" and their use (or abuse) of the Turing complete scripting aspect of the coin.

What is it that I'm missing?

Are you going to write every single line of code that will ever be used in the Turing complete scripting?  I'm pretty sure the answer is no, hence why I'm asking.
Well, have you seen the other languages? It is a brand new language that nobody has ever used before
Also compilers for a lot of languages are written in C, so if somebody really wants to use some other language they can make a compiler for their language.

It is like using the most common low level building block. It is lower level, but not as low level as assembler. It is the language from where most other languages are derived, so most people are at least familiar with it.

Now, I will be able to write a lot of tradebots very quickly, so even if there are only a few others who can do it, there will be plenty of tradebots available.

So, the design choice is something that allows other languages to be implemented on top. While if I selected, I am not even sure what else can be considered, then it is doubtful there are many other languages that can be implemented in it, and doubtful that there are anywhere as many that are familiar with it and no doubt that I would not be so good coding in it.

As far as I know Tradebots C is the script language with the most power and this is what I need.
Also, have you ever heard of Metatrader? Their language is based on C, and Tradebots, are initially for making automated tradebots, like the zillions that metatrader has. So it is not just my personal preference there is an entire industry of C scripted tradebots from the Metatrader universe.

James

P.S. I thought you hated me, why are you here? i almost put you on ignore, so these semi-reasonable questions are a bit confusing

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
BreakoutCoins

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:45:52 AM

[Open Invitation to all other anon coins]

Since BTCD is matching XMR marketcap before even beta release of Teleport, I am assuming all the other anon coins devs are following this one, or at least having someone from their group doing so.

I want to make it clear that in spite of its name and cool sounding Teleport and fun pirates, BTCD is an enhancer for whatever anon tech your coin has. I am just a simple C programmer. I am not some fancy academic cryptographer making new maths that only 8 people in the world understand. I am common sense type of guy. Also, I already make millions of USD so money is not my motivation. I really only wanted enough money to not worry about food and to be able to pay for daily Starbuck's latte. So, I achieved this. My goal is to help all of crypto against fiat. This includes BTC certainly, but also all the anon coins.

As coin dev you are too busy to study Teleport in depth and all the pirates in DarkPaper make it hard to take it seriously. So, I have common sense analogy.

We all know bitcoin. It is great invention, it uses fancy cryptomath, PoW, blockchains. Totally wow, and in 2009!?!?
But what happens when you log into account and you find all your bitcoins gone from the exchange? How can this be? it is so fancy, but without some additional protection just access to one piece of info and all your coins are gone. 2FA, very simple. We are talking email or sms message with a code in it. No cryptography, no fancy math, but yet without such 2FA none of your exchange balances are safe

How does 2FA compete with bitcoin?
The same way Teleport competes with your coin.
It doesnt!

Teleport enhances your anon coin the way 2FA enhances the security of any account.

Now I posted a bit back about the airport terminal analogy. I hope it makes sense to you. If you are a true dev, you must want the best anon for your coin. By connecting to supernetwork, this becomes possible. In fact, some amazing things become possible that it not possible in any other way. The combining of multiple anon coin telepods via automated tradebot swapping. If we can add a little bit of trust by having the actual official coin devs work together to make trusted teleports between terminals possible, then the attacker wont even know what blockchain to look at!

I hope you see that the different airlines are making a lot of money! Of course the airplane maker is doing fine to, but the best friend of the airplane maker is the airlines.

I am hopeful for creation of many Teleport terminals with strong cross promotions so we all help each other. Nothing will be able to withstand the supernetwork combination of all cryptos, especially when we are all combining our power to make bitcoin itself dark!

Fiat peoples maybe need to worry, but then again that is the whole point of this Smiley

James

P.S. The timeframe for supernetwork is next month for testing, but we are being contacted by press so we will be making some press release and it is never too early to make commitment to join the supernetwork. I think maybe such thing could help your market price.
Hi, please consider adding C2 to the supernetwork. Active devs plus they are releasing a video game soon. Market cap is only 80 bitcoins currently, all they need is a developer who knows C++ and Java to fast track the game. Then the price will rise astronomically.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 06:17:11 AM

For those not too familiar with NXT and even those that are, the following is a must see page:

http://www.nxttechnologytree.com/

It shows the view from inside the SuperNET core
you know how somebody is taking the picture you are seeing?
since there are only two coins in the SuperNET core at this moment, I am thinking that BTCD is the one that took this pic!!

James

koralon

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:12:00 AM

Hi, please consider adding C2 to the supernetwork. Active devs plus they are releasing a video game soon. Market cap is only 80 bitcoins currently, all they need is a developer who knows C++ and Java to fast track the game. Then the price will rise astronomically.

How about... no?
gitbknowsall

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:06:13 AM

Initial SuperNET support is done on BTCD qt wallet & BTCD-reskin (NxtInside)

Below are my repository for the 2 items :

https://bitbucket.org/longzai1988/bitcoindark-qt (latest commit checksum at writing time : e63aade)
https://bitbucket.org/longzai1988/btcd-reskin (latest commit checksum at writing time : dc9b238)

Some screenshot provided :

Looks really excellent!
we need graphics guys to reskin this ASAP!

Anyone working on it yet?

Figroll and myself are currently working on it, screen shots have been sent to james with the initial concept. Waiting on a response from James. But he is more than likely busy at the moment so we will wait on his response.

Edit:

James has given us an excellent response so we will have to do a little brain storming and send a concept to him shortly. Exciting times Smiley the super network is coming, be ready for the crypto revolution !! HODL!!
Tuck Fheman

Activity: 363

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 08:16:22 AM

P.S. I thought you hated me, why are you here? i almost put you on ignore, so these semi-reasonable questions are a bit confusing

Your coding and your choice of business partners are two separate topics. I respect your coding prowess. However, I cannot say the same (as you know) for one of your choices in cohorts. That was a different topic and it was not directed at you. You chose to defend the person I was asking questions about, therefore you received a response to your questions. There was no hate within my questions or answers and I feel I was very level headed in my response. As you can see from the reaction to the thread in question, it's about a 50/50 split on where that issue stands as far as I can tell ... which should indicate my points raised are valid concerns for a number of that coins investors. I and others simply wanted answers to questions no one else was willing to publicly ask on the subject. I was asked to follow up on that topic by concerned investors who would understandably rather not be dragged into that mess a second time.

Well, have you seen the other languages? It is a brand new language that nobody has ever used before
Also compilers for a lot of languages are written in C, so if somebody really wants to use some other language they can make a compiler for their language.

It is like using the most common low level building block. It is lower level, but not as low level as assembler. It is the language from where most other languages are derived, so most people are at least familiar with it.

That makes sense. It sounds like as long as you or someone else reliable vets any 3rd-party code all should be copacetic for end users.

Now, I will be able to write a lot of tradebots very quickly, so even if there are only a few others who can do it, there will be plenty of tradebots available.

Excellent!

So, the design choice is something that allows other languages to be implemented on top. While if I selected, I am not even sure what else can be considered, then it is doubtful there are many other languages that can be implemented in it, and doubtful that there are anywhere as many that are familiar with it and no doubt that I would not be so good coding in it.

As far as I know Tradebots C is the script language with the most power and this is what I need.
Also, have you ever heard of Metatrader? Their language is based on C, and Tradebots, are initially for making automated tradebots, like the zillions that metatrader has. So it is not just my personal preference there is an entire industry of C scripted tradebots from the Metatrader universe.

Yes I'm familiar with MT4, but I'm not familiar with the coding end of things which hopefully explains my numerous questions. Your answers have brought me a clearer understanding of how and why it was done this way, so thanks!  Perhaps Kristov will follow up on BTCD and further expand on his initial concerns addressed in the video because I trust Kristov and have mad respect for his abilities. I hope my questions and your answers have enlightened anyone else curious about this topic. That's why I'm here, there and everywhere. It's all about knowledge, understanding and protecting our investments. At times there will be friction and if someone doesn't grease the wheel with some questions a fire might break out.

BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 08:18:45 AM

I have a question...BTCD is a very nice product as far as i can see, but why does i has a very ugly standard wallet like BTC? Or is there a newer wallet which i can use and is build for the future (SuperNET)?
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 08:25:00 AM

Initial SuperNET support is done on BTCD qt wallet & BTCD-reskin (NxtInside)

Below are my repository for the 2 items :

https://bitbucket.org/longzai1988/bitcoindark-qt (latest commit checksum at writing time : e63aade)
https://bitbucket.org/longzai1988/btcd-reskin (latest commit checksum at writing time : dc9b238)

Some screenshot provided :

Looks really excellent!
we need graphics guys to reskin this ASAP!

Anyone working on it yet?

Figroll and myself are currently working on it, screen shots have been sent to james with the initial concept. Waiting on a response from James. But he is more than likely busy at the moment so we will wait on his response.
In general I prefer if you just do stuff without waiting on me. I am not graphics guy, so who am I for saying what is better to do. Just do what you think is best and if it is absolutely horrible, then I will complain Smiley
so for anything, the last thing I want is to become some sort of centralized bottleneck to progressing

If I see something I am not liking, then I wont be shy, but usually I am happy to see other peoples doing things

James

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 08:29:37 AM

I have a question...BTCD is a very nice product as far as i can see, but why does i has a very ugly standard wallet like BTC? Or is there a newer wallet which i can use and is build for the future (SuperNET)?
I dont do GUI, plus if I did the wallet would probably be uglier Smiley

see the graphics in the recent posts, that will be the basis for BTCD reskinned wallet

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 08:36:38 AM

Your coding and your choice of business partners are two separate topics. I respect your coding prowess. However, I cannot say the same (as you know) for one of your choices in cohorts. That was a different topic and it was not directed at you. You chose to defend the person I was asking questions about, therefore you received a response to your questions. There was no hate within my questions or answers and I feel I was very level headed in my response. As you can see from the reaction to the thread in question, it's about a 50/50 split on where that issue stands as far as I can tell ... which should indicate my points raised are valid concerns for a number of that coins investors. I and others simply wanted answers to questions no one else was willing to publicly ask on the subject. I was asked to follow up on that topic by concerned investors who would understandably rather not be dragged into that mess a second time.

That makes sense. It sounds like as long as you or someone else reliable vets any 3rd-party code all should be copacetic for end users.

Excellent!

Yes I'm familiar with MT4, but I'm not familiar with the coding end of things which hopefully explains my numerous questions. Your answers have brought me a clearer understanding of how and why it was done this way, so thanks!  Perhaps Kristov will follow up on BTCD and further expand on his initial concerns addressed in the video because I trust Kristov and have mad respect for his abilities. I hope my questions and your answers have enlightened anyone else curious about this topic. That's why I'm here, there and everywhere. It's all about knowledge, understanding and protecting our investments. At times there will be friction and if someone doesn't grease the wheel with some questions a fire might break out.

I think the problem with C is that it takes a full year of writing it to become proficient in it. So, there are a lot of coders who are a bit fuzzy about pointers and this is very dangerous. C is without any seatbelts, or airbags or guardrails, it is the code that is used that makes those safety things! So, it is not for amateurs to make linked-Tradebots. However, if you are experimenting on your own computer, even amateurs can make some tradebots or more likely modify the standard set that will be included with release. Always much easier to tweak an existing working thing than make a totally new one.

I even made data structures similar to MT4 and I think it would be possible to fairly easily map an MT4 expert adviser or signal to Tradebots. Some things are not there, but there will be much more powerful things available. Cant do an automatic translation, but I think most of the popular indicators and expert advisors wouldnt take long to convert. Maybe there could be a bounty for this at some point, but I am not gathering the price data anymore, so there is no long history of prices.

James

AltcoinWarehouse

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:37:51 AM

AltcoinWarehouse is proud to announce that BitcoinDark will be supported in our public beta test.

What is a better place to spend your BTCD's than in a webshop where you can buy thousand of products! We are currently alpha-testing our payment gateway on our live servers and we are only days away from the public beta!

Visit our topic for more information:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758461.0
Click here for our Coinssource Trust Verification.

We are still looking for investors. Visit our topic to find out how our investors are richly rewarded! If you are interested in investing you can send us a PM or contact mike@altcoinwarehouse.com
darkslash

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 09:31:58 AM

buying 200 btcd with verified paypal account anyone interested throw me a msg
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 09:38:44 AM

Buying coins with PP is always out of the question!
darkslash

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:17:58 AM

Buying coins with PP is always out of the question!

well whats the best way then ?
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 10:35:17 AM

Buy your BTC's and exchange them Wink
darkslash

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:40:28 AM

yeh i got some btc comeing but i wanted more im pritty much spending my whole tax return on it lol thought pp would be a lagit way of doing it
jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 01:10:32 PM

yeh i got some btc comeing but i wanted more im pritty much spending my whole tax return on it lol thought pp would be a lagit way of doing it
paypal has locked accounts for up too 6 months for people buying crypto......also problem of charge back telling paypal never recived coins then sellar gets ripped off....Paypal = big NO

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 01:32:34 PM

paypal has locked accounts for up too 6 months for people buying crypto......also problem of charge back telling paypal never recived coins then sellar gets ripped off....Paypal = big NO

+1...... Big no no!!!

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?
bitkokos

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

0_0

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:01:33 PM

how do you guys buy btc with fiat?
any fast international website which is good and trusted?
I want some ASAP to exchange with btcd
I know localbitcoins but nobody sells here with meeting

O_o
Pages: « 1 ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 [269] 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: