Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:45:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 [329] 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328438 times)
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 02:15:52 PM

BTCD market is back open on Polo, still down on Bittrex

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shurugwi

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 02:31:27 PM

Just my review on Bitcoindark. I hope it could help someone =)
BTCDARK – http://www.cryptobang.com/2014/09/24/btcdark-the-cake-is-not-a-lie/

A lot of good points in your review, one thing I had a problem with is you say the price is "unstable". Yes, the price rises and falls a little as with every coin, but the rise is a constant growth. Instead of looking at the day or even week long charts, take a look at the over all growth of the coin as exhibited by this cryptsy chart

Hi! I mean that price can be overrated. BTCDARK is the most powerful among any of anonymous coins for today. But it is hard to predict the future of all the anonymous coins as well.

In all fairness... What you just said does not match what you said in your article:

"Unstable. The value of BTCD is extremely unstable – more like a rollercoaster than a reliable asset to put your money. Any better way to keep away more serious investors?"

Also 'Unstable', in the article, is a link that points to a drk/btc pair on bter. Are you sure you had all the facts or you were even looking at BTCD when you came to this ridiculous conclusion?

We all saw the competition of DarkCoin and BitcoinDark. DC was pawned, and then it was resurrect again. So, are you sure that current price for BTCD is stable? Are you sure that no more anonymous coins ll be set up soon? Some of em could provide better implements that BTCD can.

As a journalist your ramblings make absolutely no sense at all and could be likened to those a troll would spew forth.

You call BTCD price 'Unstable. The value of BTCD is extremely unstable' now you cry about DRK price and somehow try to justify your evaluation of BTCD against DRK's performance.

"Are you sure that no more anonymous coins ll be set up soon? Some of em could provide better implements that BTCD can."

WTF man! IF games? What IF the sky falls on our heads? What IF bitcoin drops below $200? What IF my dog farts? WTF has that got to do with how stable BTCD is and has been?

You need to make assessments based on the facts. Look at the graphs of BTCD since release. If you cannot see that BTCD price has been anything but unstable then you are just a troll.

Actually... It is clear now that you are just a troll. Any articles you have written have lost all credibility IMHO.

pvnamk19

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 02:59:32 PM

BTCD market is back open on Polo, still down on Bittrex
May be due to this problem: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2heu88/if_you_are_storing_bitcoins_on_a_linuxmac_system/

Jl777 uses Ubuntu to stake BTCD  Grin
BTCDDev

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:14:22 PM

hehe maybe those ten testers with the VPNs ran into the higgs particle while testing and fried all the circuits. ?  Wink

Are they doing this proof of concept test within the live environment?  Shocked
That's what test networks are good for!

SuperNET integration will not cause a hard fork. Current nodes will completely ignore our testing  Smiley

BitcoinDark: RPHWc5CwP9YMMbvXQ4oXz5rQHb3pKkhaxc
Top Donations: juicybirds 420BTCD ensorcell 84BTCD Stuntruffle: 40BTCD
Top April Donations: juicybirds 420BTCD; ensorcell: 42BTCD
ASICHEAD

Activity: 552
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 04:26:42 PM

BTCD market is open on Bittrex now Cheesy

▄███▄
███████▄
██████▀██▄
█████▄  ▀██▄
████▀  ▄  ▀██▄
███▄ ▄██▀   ▀
██████▀  ▄█▄
███████▄█████▄
███████████████▄
████████████████▀
█████████▀
███████▀
 ▀███▀
Safein     
.M A K E   I S I M P L E.
A   R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   W A Y   T O   P A Y   O N L I N E
[WHITEPAPER]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████▀░░░░░▐████
███████████████░░░░░░░▐████
██████████████▌░░░▐████████
███████████░░░░░░░░░░░█████
███████████░░░░░░░░░░▐█████
▀█████████████▌░░░▐███████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████▀███████▀░░░▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌░░▀▀███▌░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
███████▄▄░░░░░░░░▄█████████
██████▄░░░░░░░▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀░░░░███████
████████▀▀▀░░░▄▀░░░████████
█████▄░░░░░▄█▀░░░░░████████
████████▄░█▀░░░░░░█████████
█████████▌▐░░░░░░░█████████
██████████░▄██▄░░██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
A
▬▬

█▄▄
██████▄▄
██████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄▄
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀
██████████████▀▀
██████████▀▀
██████▀▀
█▀▀
.GET IT ON               
Google Play
stdset

Activity: 572
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 04:31:40 PM

I tryed reading the whitepaper, although I didn't read it to the end. Do I understand right, that basically the idea is safely sending privkeys to transaction recipient?

jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:14:39 PM

I do own some BTCD, Am I then one of the stakeholders?     I am still fuzzy on the details.

Jim

As long as you keep the wallet open and unlock to stake then you are one of the stakeholders. The point is to keep the network as secure as possible and only people staking can make that happen. Along with gaining more BTCD, the dividend is pretty much an incentive since so much of SuperNET will be riding on BTCD. There is also mention of checking how long each user stakes to determine fairness of dividend so that opening the wallet once a month for a few hours doesn't gain the same benefit as someone that always keeps theirs' open. Basically, you are rewarded twice over for keeping the wallet open and staking.

NICE... However it says the dividends will be paid to an associated nxt addy? how does that work.

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 06:33:02 PM

I tryed reading the whitepaper, although I didn't read it to the end. Do I understand right, that basically the idea is safely sending privkeys to transaction recipient?

You can broadly think of it that way, though with various extra safeguards. If you use an address that has never been used before, and there is no way of tracking you outside the blockchain (which is incredibly easy in many cases) then the transaction cannot be traced to you.

Think of it like playing pass the parcel in the dark, except you and the recipient are wearing infrared goggles.
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 06:39:00 PM

I do own some BTCD, Am I then one of the stakeholders?     I am still fuzzy on the details.

Jim

As long as you keep the wallet open and unlock to stake then you are one of the stakeholders. The point is to keep the network as secure as possible and only people staking can make that happen. Along with gaining more BTCD, the dividend is pretty much an incentive since so much of SuperNET will be riding on BTCD. There is also mention of checking how long each user stakes to determine fairness of dividend so that opening the wallet once a month for a few hours doesn't gain the same benefit as someone that always keeps theirs' open. Basically, you are rewarded twice over for keeping the wallet open and staking.

NICE... However it says the dividends will be paid to an associated nxt addy? how does that work.

you pick a public BTCD address to use. It doesnt have to have much BTCD in it. The software will automatically map this address to a NXT address (using its privkey), then it will make a NXT alias so that you can use the same public BTCD address even inside NXT

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 06:53:37 PM

There is the encapsulation of funds into a self-contained package (telepod)
This is then sent and verified (cloned) so that the anon set is all the clonings during the specified timewindow (clonesmear)

However, different users have different clonesmear parameters so the attacker wont even know what the complete anon set is.

With the addition of even a small percentage of trusted teleports, the sender's anon set is the entire duration from the sender's cloning (when the funds were received) to when the destination account clones. this could literally be everybody as it is possible to age a telepod for months.

There are random delays wherever possible to make correlations difficult. Even the selection process of what telepods to use to fulfull a tx using a genetic algorithm that is based on evolution toward the best metric, but it is a stochastic process.

Each packet is put into L onion layers. The number of onion layers is randomized so it could be 1 layer or L.

The private nodes use probabilistic routing, or rather the network uses probabilistic routing to reach the private nodes. There is no (IP <-> acct) mapping, just a statistical histogram that each node that ever received a message from the private node maintains. For nodes that never received a direct message, there is no historical data to even look at. Each private node can determine what public nodes it announces itself to, and it will use its own loopback privacy server as a gateway to do this. It is possible that a determined attacker can do some brute force sybil attack to get a higher than noise level correlation of (IP <-> acct) so if you are really privacy minded, I would advise to NEVER publish your really private acct #. Only send this really private acct number to people you absolutely trust over the encrypted network. If the attacker doesnt know your acct #, then he cant run any sybil attacks to correlate it. Also, the longer the clonesmear window, the more private, so be patient and let time be your friend

Then there is the M of N fragmenting of each telepod with probabilistic dropout at each hop. What that means is that looking at packet traffic, it is quite difficult to know if a packet coming in was meant for that node, or whether it was dropped. Nor whether a packet coming out was originated from that node or just forwarded. When M packets arrive, the telepod is reassembled just like it was sent "directly"

As you can see Teleport is a bit more than "safely sending privkeys to transaction recipient"

James

P.S. ./BitcoinDarkd SuperNET '{"requestType":"sendmessage","dest":"13434315136155299987","msg":"hello"}'

The above is how to invoke the SuperNET API sendmessage command to send the message "hello" to dest acct 13434315136155299987

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 06:54:51 PM

hehe maybe those ten testers with the VPNs ran into the higgs particle while testing and fried all the circuits. ?  Wink

Are they doing this proof of concept test within the live environment?  Shocked
That's what test networks are good for!

SuperNET integration will not cause a hard fork. Current nodes will completely ignore our testing  Smiley
However the multisig expansion and PoS v2 will cause a hardfork

stdset

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 08:49:29 PM

This is then sent and verified (cloned) so that the anon set is all the clonings during the specified timewindow (clonesmear)

However, different users have different clonesmear parameters so the attacker wont even know what the complete anon set is.

With the addition of even a small percentage of trusted teleports, the sender's anon set is the entire duration from the sender's cloning (when the funds were received) to when the destination account clones. this could literally be everybody as it is possible to age a telepod for months.

There are random delays wherever possible to make correlations difficult. Even the selection process of what telepods to use to fulfull a tx using a genetic algorithm that is based on evolution toward the best metric, but it is a stochastic process.

Each packet is put into L onion layers. The number of onion layers is randomized so it could be 1 layer or L.

The private nodes use probabilistic routing, or rather the network uses probabilistic routing to reach the private nodes. There is no (IP <-> acct) mapping, just a statistical histogram that each node that ever received a message from the private node maintains. For nodes that never received a direct message, there is no historical data to even look at. Each private node can determine what public nodes it announces itself to, and it will use its own loopback privacy server as a gateway to do this. It is possible that a determined attacker can do some brute force sybil attack to get a higher than noise level correlation of (IP <-> acct) so if you are really privacy minded, I would advise to NEVER publish your really private acct #. Only send this really private acct number to people you absolutely trust over the encrypted network. If the attacker doesnt know your acct #, then he cant run any sybil attacks to correlate it. Also, the longer the clonesmear window, the more private, so be patient and let time be your friend

Then there is the M of N fragmenting of each telepod with probabilistic dropout at each hop. What that means is that looking at packet traffic, it is quite difficult to know if a packet coming in was meant for that node, or whether it was dropped. Nor whether a packet coming out was originated from that node or just forwarded. When M packets arrive, the telepod is reassembled just like it was sent "directly"

As you can see Teleport is a bit more than "safely sending privkeys to transaction recipient"

James

P.S. ./BitcoinDarkd SuperNET '{"requestType":"sendmessage","dest":"13434315136155299987","msg":"hello"}'

The above is how to invoke the SuperNET API sendmessage command to send the message "hello" to dest acct 13434315136155299987
I don't see how doublespends coud be prevented with this approach.

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 09:01:30 PM

James

I don't see how doublespends coud be prevented with this approach.
the blockchain is used to verify the funds before crediting the sender

clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 01:35:09 AM

You can broadly think of it that way, though with various extra safeguards. If you use an address that has never been used before, and there is no way of tracking you outside the blockchain (which is incredibly easy in many cases) then the transaction cannot be traced to you.

Think of it like playing pass the parcel in the dark, except you and the recipient are wearing infrared goggles.

I love this analogy Cassius!!  It's original and it made me smile seeing the mental picture Smiley

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 01:56:27 AM

I am doing a design level review with anonymint via PM
Also Kristov Atlas will be doing a review, hopefully of both the design level and the code conformance to the design

James

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 02:24:58 AM

just had first successful SuperNET message from one of my servers to someone else's server!

BTCDDev

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 02:41:45 AM

just had first successful SuperNET message from one of my servers to someone else's server!

I hope everyone here appreciates what is going on right now!

SuperNET is now being actively tested, anyone who knows their way around a command line can volunteer to help out over at forum.thesupernet.org

I am very excited about where we are headed value-wise. This is going to change our community for the better Smiley

Matthew

BitcoinDark: RPHWc5CwP9YMMbvXQ4oXz5rQHb3pKkhaxc
Top Donations: juicybirds 420BTCD ensorcell 84BTCD Stuntruffle: 40BTCD
Top April Donations: juicybirds 420BTCD; ensorcell: 42BTCD
tjmaruy

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 02:48:01 AM

sweet, all u do is greatly appreciated very much
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 03:01:36 AM

the darkhole is dying

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
stdset

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 07:07:43 AM

the blockchain is used to verify the funds before crediting the sender
Alice wants to buy something from Bob and Jack, but has enough money only for one purchase, not both. Nonetheless she sends her privkeys to them both, they verify that funds indeed belong to the privkey, and send her the purchases. After waiting reasonable amount of time, so that the purchases already sent, Alice performs regular onchain transaction sending the funds to herself.

Pages: « 1 ... 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 [329] 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: