Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:17:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 245 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I/O Coin (IOC) DiONS VM | Messaging | Data Storage | Chameleon | DeFi  (Read 719039 times)
mctaino

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 02:00:08 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2014, 03:31:49 PM by mctaino

Project Manager/Developer Announcement

We are scheduled to release the wallet This Week! Our goal is to release the wallet before Block 100k and we are on block 94k. 1k per day so we are working almost 24hrs a day to have it out in the next 4-5 days

We have contacted both crypto asian and coin source to begin our proof of dev. Im sure we will meet all the requirements.

I want to introduce myself on this thread.

My name is Joel Bosh, the Project Manager and one of the Developers of I/O Coin. Im the owner of Mac Wizard Service, BoshMusic Publishing & JBosch Clothing line. As the owner of an Apple tech support company i've been in the IT business for little over 15 years. Im certified Apple , I've also managed stores like the GAP, Structure, Bath & Body Works and Banana Republic. I also did very well in the music industry and I currently hold a publishing contract with Universal Music Publishing and my own music label BoschMusic.

I got started in crypto December of last year. I started mining bitcoin with a butterfly labs 60 gh/s and moved quickly to buying bitcoins after learning my way around. One of my first investments in the altcoin world was Panda Coin. Panda was a rude awakening to the bad intentions developers in crypto have when making alt coins. I lost all my bitcoins to that and had to start all over. I then started to  buy bitcoins again and bought some BlackCoin at 1k Sat. I was able to help Blackcoin community promote and start a the first crypto dev show BlackCast. I then invested in a few other coins cinni, xc and vericoin. Due to my desire to advance crypto I invested heavy on the Vericoin devs and community to also help them get off the ground. Still to this day I'm a Vericoin believer, but due to my limitations I decided to venture and invest in my own coin.

I basically rounded up a dream team of devs and started I/O Coin. To this day we have 9 devs including myself working on I/O Coin. Some of the devs are private some are public. The private devs want to stay private because of the crypto currency laws in their respective country.

So today I've decided to step forward an address a few doubters of our work. If anyone or anybody wants to know who is in charge of I/O Coin well that is me.

Joel Bosh
[on the left of the picture]
iocoindev@gmail.com
https://onename.io/wizfarm
https://twitter.com/wizrig
I/O Digital Dev Main Phone Line: (305) 254-8484

Some people may say things about me, but one thing is for sure, to this day I still support all communities I've been involved with.
If anyone wants to know me you may ask the vericoin devs, blackcoin dev, ipominer and many more. I've left my business phone so if anybody has any questions you may feel free to contact us. I've been in business for many years with a TOP notch reputation and i'm not about to throw it down the drain for some scam stuff, Not happening. I also have contacted crypto asian and coinsource to make sure we have proof of dev, but i've left my info here and i will be giving my personal data if asked to them, like licence and anything else they may require

I/O Coin was created to enable ease of use and merchant integration. That's the future of our coin and the future of crypto. We are fully committed to this. I knew something was missing from most of the coins and that was ease of use. A lot of the coins are very technical, with long hex addresses and or anon. I knew a coin was needed to meet the real world expectations. To gain Mass adoption  the coin payment and receive experience had to be simplified. The currency had to be more broad but also more secure. This is why from the beginning we had POS2 in mind and for ease of use IONS (I/Ocoin Name Server).  We were also able to add variable interest to ensure good staking rewards for investors who keep their coins in the I/Ocoin desktop wallet. Anon may serve a purpose, but it could hinge mass adoption and liquidity due to its close association to illicit activities.

Today we are on a mission of creating a more secure, stable and faster blockchain and that is POS 3. We are also currently working on a HTML5 wallet with integrated IONS that also matches our mobile experience. You can download the I/Ocoin android wallet from the google play store here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.coinlabs.iocoin

We are scheduled to release the wallet This Week! Our goal is to release the wallet before Block 100k when POS I/O protocol V.3 kicks in.

Soon we will have a full rebrand with a updated dev roadmap that will show our long term commitment to our final goal, Mass, real world, business adoption. Im sure that with our approach will see IO Coin find mass adoption and corporate success, with user friendly businesses features, around the clock support and by following all digital currency laws & regulations.

You could always find me on irc #i/ocoin

Thanks
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
richiela

Activity: 937
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 08:20:25 PM

Can someone find me on irc or PM me here?  We upgraded to the latest and greatest wallet but now we're stuck at 98040...

thanks
richie@bittrex

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
mctaino

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:00:29 PM

Can someone find me on irc or PM me here?  We upgraded to the latest and greatest wallet but now we're stuck at 98040...

thanks
richie@bittrex

Update

We are already talking to richie, thanks
richiela

Activity: 937

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 11:08:38 PM

thanks
richie@bittrex

Update

We are already talking to richie, thanks

And all is well again... thanks for the super quick response!

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
fvckbitcoin

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 01:36:07 AM

hey indonesian people
don't forget to see the announcement in bahasa indonesia
here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=791993.msg8922797#msg8922797 Cool Cool Cool
IO Dev Team (OP)

Activity: 270
Merit: 150

iOC Development Team

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 10:18:48 AM

POS I/O V.3
Announcement

We are transitioning to POS I/O Protocol V.3. Wallets may be disabled in exchanges while they re-synch blockchain.  
We will push an alert to all the wallets when its time to download new wallets. Make sure to backup your wallet file
and make 2 backups for extra safety.

Stay tune to our wallet alert

Remember to follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/IOCoin_IOC
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/iocoindigitalcurrency

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Hero Leg V1
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 10:44:11 PM

When are the new releases coming? Im thinking to invest in this coin. Can somebody tell me shortly some more about the future etc. thanks
IO Dev Team (OP)

iOC Development Team

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 12:07:52 AM

When are the new releases coming? Im thinking to invest in this coin. Can somebody tell me shortly some more about the future etc. thanks

We are working to get our html5 wallet before Block 100k. Updated road map will release with it.

Thanks

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
I/O DIGITAL
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Hero Leg V1
surestrike

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 04:37:03 AM

The team has been working 'around the clock' to make sure the new wallets will be perfect for launch, lots of testing, here at i/ocoin, we always make sure new updates/features have full testing before going live.

Also, i can honestly say, investing in this coin is a  very smart move and a solid investment. #iocoin has some of the best developers around and has got the hardest working people, working and supporting this fantastic #crypto coin, that's pushing new boundaries with PoS I/O (v3), the html5 wallet and as already seen with the 'easy to use' IONS user names.

It is just a shame some people just do not realize how hard the whole I/Ocoin team is working, it is clear to see from the developments we have made so far, that we are building a solid platform, for not just now, but also for the long term.

When you have talented and eager developers, there will be always be nice surprises with this coin.

One last thing, all we ask is that people who invest, withdraw i/ocoin's from the exchanges into the desktop wallets and Stake them. The more we stake coins, the stronger our network.

If anyone has any questions please do not hesitate to contact me here, #twitter ( surestrike@Pixelperfecti0n),
facebook  ( https://www.facebook.com/iocoindigitalcurrency ) or iocointeam@gmail.com

Thank you.

Stenull

Activity: 585
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:12:06 AM

We are working to get our html5 wallet before Block 100k. Updated road map will release with it.

Thanks

Could we get a "block count down" on the homepage?   Cheesy

Change...is in the air.
You know why
surestrike

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 09:26:10 AM

Thanks

Could we get a "block count down" on the homepage?   Cheesy

That brings up a good point, if people are new to #crypto they might not even know what a block is or how to find out which block we are on.

So, there are two easy ways to see what block #iocoin is currently on and then easily work out how many left until block 100,000.

1 - Vist I/Ocoin's Block Explorer website: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/ioc/  
2 - With your wallet open & fullly in Sync, move your cursor over to the 'Green Tick' symbol (bottom right) and a pop up will appear.
(note if you do not have the green tick symbol, your wallet is not up to date and needs to catch up)

As i post this we are currently on block 96715 .

So there are 3285 Blocks left until we hit 100k blocks and the new PoS I/O V3 comes into force.
(and what a beautiful force it is , i must say)

IMPORTANT: Everyone must be up to date with the new desktop wallet before block 100,000 !

Stenull

Activity: 585
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 09:46:32 AM

Thanks

Could we get a "block count down" on the homepage?   Cheesy

That brings up a good point, if people are new to #crypto they might not even know what a block is or how to find out which block we are on.

So, there are two easy ways to see what block #iocoin is currently on and then easily work out how many left until block 100,000.

1 - Vist I/Ocoin's Block Explorer website: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/ioc/  
2 - With your wallet open & fullly in Sync, move your cursor over to the 'Green Tick' symbol (bottom right) and a pop up will appear.
(note if you do not have the green tick symbol, your wallet is not up to date and needs to catch up)

As i post this we are currently on block 96715 .

So there are 3285 Blocks left until we hit 100k blocks and the new PoS I/O V3 comes into force.
(and what a beautiful force it is , i must say)

IMPORTANT: Everyone must be up to date with the new desktop wallet before block 100,000 !

Totally forgot about block explorer Cheesy
Is block time still 60 sec with pos blocks? In that case we have ignition in about 2 and a half days!  Cool

Change...is in the air.
You know why
sdersdf3

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 01:01:19 PM

The team has been working 'around the clock' to make sure the new wallets will be perfect for launch, lots of testing, here at i/ocoin, we always make sure new updates/features have full testing before going live.

Also, i can honestly say, investing in this coin is a  very smart move and a solid investment. #iocoin has some of the best developers around and has got the hardest working people, working and supporting this fantastic #crypto coin, that's pushing new boundaries with PoS I/O (v3), the html5 wallet and as already seen with the 'easy to use' IONS user names.

It is just a shame some people just do not realize how hard the whole I/Ocoin team is working, it is clear to see from the developments we have made so far, that we are building a solid platform, for not just now, but also for the long term.

When you have talented and eager developers, there will be always be nice surprises with this coin.

One last thing, all we ask is that people who invest, withdraw i/ocoin's from the exchanges into the desktop wallets and Stake them. The more we stake coins, the stronger our network.

If anyone has any questions please do not hesitate to contact me here, #twitter ( surestrike@Pixelperfecti0n),
facebook  ( https://www.facebook.com/iocoindigitalcurrency ) or iocointeam@gmail.com

Thank you.

what's the significance of having an HTML5-based wallet (as opposed to a Qt wallet?)?
kayden4bit

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 05:34:56 PM

Liked the Facebook page. Also registered with IONS as KryptoPixel-io This coin is way undervalued
IO Dev Team (OP)

iOC Development Team

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 06:30:12 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2014, 07:05:18 PM by IO Dev Team

I/O Coin Mandatory wallet update to POS I/O V.3 Please download and install new wallet Now!

Please backup your wallet Files and Uninstall older wallet client before upgrading

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
I/O DIGITAL
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Hero Leg V1
ipominer
Legendary

Activity: 1050

Mine the hottest new coins at ipoMiner.com

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 12:09:54 AM

I/O Coin Mandatory wallet update to POS I/O V.3 Please download and install new wallet Now!

Please backup your wallet Files and Uninstall older wallet client before upgrading

The I/O Coin team asked me to review the new POS code, updated wallets, and seed node infrastructure. As a result, I've helped them add two new high capacity seed nodes to help with all the new clients coming on board during the transition to the new POS implementation at block 100k.

I'm happy to report that everything looks great with the new code, and all the new QT wallets are ready for POS I/O to begin at block 100k. I'll also review the HTML5 wallet as soon as it is ready to go.

Mine the hottest new coins at ipoMiner.com!
99.9% uptime, low fees, custom high performance stratum servers, DDoS-resistant
Support by email at support@ipominer.com or ##ipoMiner on Freenode IRC
StPatty

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 01:17:03 AM

what's the significance of having an HTML5-based wallet (as opposed to a Qt wallet?)?

Having an HTML5 wallet has 4 main benefits:

1. It's far more visually appealing and user-friendly than a Qt wallet.
2. It's easy to modify the underlying code to support more features, as it is written in Javascript rather than C++.
3. We will have support for third-party skins, so that you can customize the look of your wallet.
4. We can release on it on a reasonable time-frame (if we had written one in C++ with Qt from scratch it would have taken months).
fairglu
Legendary

Activity: 1100
Merit: 1030

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 06:16:58 AM

Explorer was stuck for a few hours as the RPC API was complaining about it not being on v3.0, even though it was on "v3.0.0.0-g32a928e".

So I updated wallet from "v3.0.0.0-g32a928e" (yesterday's github) to "v3.0.0.0-g32a928e" (latest github) and now it works Smiley

@IODev: please, try to make sure to always update the version when pushing to github, even for minor updates or patches

I suspect the explore was not the only wallet with a 3.0.0.0 that isn't a 3.0.0.0, the network tab shows at least two "/Satoshi:3.0.0/" versions exist at the moment, one with Protocol version 60014 and another with 60015

surestrike

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:08:24 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2014, 07:20:04 AM by surestrike

Explorer was stuck for a few hours as the RPC API was complaining about it not being on v3.0, even though it was on "v3.0.0.0-g32a928e".

So I updated wallet from "v3.0.0.0-g32a928e" (yesterday's github) to "v3.0.0.0-g32a928e" (latest github) and now it works Smiley

@IODev: please, try to make sure to always update the version when pushing to github, even for minor updates or patches

I suspect the explore was not the only wallet with a 3.0.0.0 that isn't a 3.0.0.0, the network tab shows at least two "/Satoshi:3.0.0/" versions exist at the moment, one with Protocol version 60014 and another with 60015

Hi,  The official release was only 10hrs ago.  We only officially release the wallet when it is ready, it seems you were checking Github, before waiting for the official release?

We put the previous version on github for a select view to fully test before we  officially release,
people should only ever download the wallet when we tell them it is ready (which was done and people told to go to github, but in future, nothing will be downloaded from Github to save situations like this) or even better,

wait until the wallet update is on the official website www.iocoin.io, we only ever put finished wallets on the website.

Many thanks. Please go to www.iocoin.io  to download the latest wallet, thank you.

sdersdf3

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 04:04:38 PM

Having an HTML5 wallet has 4 main benefits:

1. It's far more visually appealing and user-friendly than a Qt wallet.
2. It's easy to modify the underlying code to support more features, as it is written in Javascript rather than C++.
3. We will have support for third-party skins, so that you can customize the look of your wallet.
4. We can release on it on a reasonable time-frame (if we had written one in C++ with Qt from scratch it would have taken months).

Cool - so what are the disadvantages? I mean, why isn't everyone doing this?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 245 »
  Print  

Jump to: