Bitcoin Forum
August 02, 2024, 12:05:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bustabit.com -- The Social Gambling Game  (Read 293747 times)
Lanzador

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 03:53:47 PM

Cool, anyone know if this includes bonuses or not?

Crashes at 0.00x are included, but bonuses are not.

Since the size of the bonus depends on so many unknown factors it is virtually impossible to simulate it in any meaningful way. Taking a flat bonus of 1 % into account each game might make sense, though.

Kind of makes it less useful then, no? Since it's well established by this point that you can't beat the house in the long-run, bonuses are the only way to win, yet you can't calculate them with this? What's the point then other than making little kids feel good about their script lasting 500 games without busting?
I'm working on adding bonuses, but as @RHavar said, it's kind of hard to simulate them in any meaningful and/or realistic way. I'll try to approximate it though.

Heh the only way would be to actually go through each game, bet by bet, cash out by cash out to see when, or if, you would get the bonus for a particular game (or how much it would be). Of course, as Rhavar said, that could have some kind of butterfly affect though, depending on how much you were betting.

I'll probably add the option to just toggle a 1% bonus to every round or a bonus depending on the amount bet. What you described would make the calculation time much longer as it would have to request every page, and wouldn't be a lot better in my opinion.

BTW, I have just added auto strats calculation.

Yeah, you would have to either query every single page, every time (which Ryan won't allow even once), or get a copy of Shiba's database (does it even store that kind of data) or start storing it yourself. BUT, given how many "strategies" claim to beat the house, if you truly want to show that a strategy can or can't beat the house, then you need to factor in bonuses
Lanzador

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 04:20:25 PM

Yeah, you would have to either query every single page, every time (which Ryan won't allow even once), or get a copy of Shiba's database (does it even store that kind of data) or start storing it yourself. BUT, given how many "strategies" claim to beat the house, if you truly want to show that a strategy can or can't beat the house, then you need to factor in bonuses

Yeah, Shiba's database has everything. He just listens to the connection and logs everything he sees and saved it in his own database. If you want play data, this is the way I'd prefer you get it. However, if you really need you can get a JSON dump of a particular game:

e.g. https://www.bustabit.com/game/3260196.json

Just take it easy, try keep it under say 1 request every 5 seconds to avoid getting anti-ddos banned

How many games total are available like this?
Lanzador

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 04:56:41 PM

How many games total are available like this?

all  Grin

Lol so we're looking at ~175 days of downloading if we want 3mm games
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 07:05:17 PM

Yes, but there have been 3.45 million games, so you're looking at an even 200 days. Smiley

I wonder if Ryan would be prepared to make a torrent of old .json files to reduce load on his server.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Lanzador

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 07:25:39 PM

Yes, but there have been 3.45 million games, so you're looking at an even 200 days. Smiley

I wonder if Ryan would be prepared to make a torrent of old .json files to reduce load on his server.

I'd seed that
joksim299
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1014

Bitdice is scam scam scammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2016, 08:44:51 PM

A big welcome to the latest member of the exclusive (and often ephemeral) >100 BTC net profit club:

Is he same Chelashin who won over 100BTC at PocketDice?

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
joksim299
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1014

Bitdice is scam scam scammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2016, 09:26:07 PM

Is he same Chelashin who won over 100BTC at PocketDice?

No idea, really. I've actually never chatted with him yet =)

But most gamblers like to use the same style of gambling no matter what site they're on. Did he martingale his way up on PocketDice?

I know for him from this scam accusation against PD, but they paid him in the end.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1620544.0

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
ctlaltdefeat

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 09:41:44 PM

Nice site, excellent idea!

I'd really like to see code for as much of the game as possible, because the current explanation is ambiguous at times (or at least, unclear).

Examples of things that aren't clear to me:

1) In the "What is the bonus?" section in the FAQ, what happens when the 100 bit player is the only player to cash out before bust? On the one hand, the explanation in the section claims the bonus rewarded to this player is 2.5 bits. On the other hand, it is claimed in another section that the entire bonus pool is always distributed.
2) Players A,B,C stake 100 bits each. The three of them cash out at the exact same multiplier (say via script). Once again, the "What is the bonus?" section in the FAQ does not adequately explain who gets what bonus. It seems intuitive that each would receive a bit. Now what happens if A instead staked 101 bits, and once again they all cashed out at the same multiplier? Does A now receive the entire bonus?
3) In the game itself, what does the bonus % column indicate?

ctlaltdefeat

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 10:06:14 PM

Nice site, excellent idea!

I'd really like to see code for as much of the game as possible, because the current explanation is ambiguous at times (or at least, unclear).

Examples of things that aren't clear to me:

1) In the "What is the bonus?" section in the FAQ, what happens when the 100 bit player is the only player to cash out before bust? On the one hand, the explanation in the section claims the bonus rewarded to this player is 2.5 bits. On the other hand, it is claimed in another section that the entire bonus pool is always distributed.

The bonus pool is *always* given out on every single game (where the bust isn't 0x). If there's money left over after giving it to people who have cashed out, it is just equally divided amongst the remaining players based on their wager

2) Players A,B,C stake 100 bits each. The three of them cash out at the exact same multiplier (say via script). Once again, the "What is the bonus?" section in the FAQ does not adequately explain who gets what bonus. It seems intuitive that each would receive a bit.

Yeah, if two people cash out at the same multiplier they are given the same amount of bonuses.

Now what happens if A instead staked 101 bits, and once again they all cashed out at the same multiplier? Does A now receive the entire bonus?

They would each be given exactly 1% of what they wagered. Which means B and C would get 1 bit, and A would get 1.01 bits.

3) In the game itself, what does the bonus % column indicate?

The amount of bonus they will get as a % of their wager

Somehow I'm even more confused now. The fact that "if there's money left over after giving it to people who have cashed out, it is just equally divided amongst the remaining players based on their wager" doesn't appear to be mentioned anywhere, and "equally divided amongst the remaining players based on their wager" seems like an oxymoron to me.

The underlying issue is that I can't seem to extrapolate the general method from these examples.

Would you care to address the general case, which I have outlined below (as I understand it)?

ctlaltdefeat

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 10:42:53 PM

Thanks, that clarifies it.

Didn't realise the entire game was open source Smiley
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 12:50:47 AM

Didn't realise the entire game was open source Smiley

I'm not sure it is any more, but an old version of the source is available. I think some anti-spam or anti-DDoS measures were added "in secret" to make it harder for attackers to circumvent them.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
oxygen88

Activity: 306

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 07:57:24 AM

Wow chelashin again winning another 100 BTC from this site, this guy is rich just from gambling, amazing
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 09:28:06 AM
Last edit: December 17, 2016, 03:07:15 PM by shulio

Wow chelashin again winning another 100 BTC from this site, this guy is rich just from gambling, amazing

https://www.bustabit.com/game/3455956. That game was what makes him getting over 100 btc in profit again. Im kinda not knowing this guy but he seems to be a very highroller, is there any references to where I can check his other status in another gambling site except bustabit? Well the guy is rich and not that it really matters anyway
Zenzolina

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 01:20:10 PM

Thats nothing. Today guy went 1btc on 20x cashout lol
rfisher1968

Activity: 319

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 05:26:22 PM

If the hash of each game is made from a hash from reverse chain + hash of most recent block found hashed. How can I verify that you are using the correct hash from the chain and hash of the most recent block?
rfisher1968

Activity: 319

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 06:34:14 PM

I did read that, I guess I missed the clientseed being a constant. Is this the clientseed: 000000000000000012e8c0efdff2b8f67282e211749cc5530bd6e709f70279e1

If the hash of each game is made from a hash from reverse chain + hash of most recent block found hashed. How can I verify that you are using the correct hash from the chain and hash of the most recent block?

Here's the thread for the provably fair: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=922898.0

which (imo) does a good job of explaining how it works.

Also it does not use the hash from the most recently found bitcoin block, as that would be subject to a whole host of problems (timing issues, forks, difficult to verify, etc.). So the "client seed" is always the exact same bitcoin block (which was decided before we started the provably fair, but after we had already committed to a particular hash chain). You can treat it as a hardcoded constant, and check the "seeding event" to see how we fairly came upon it.
YAYOBROBRO

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 09:44:04 PM

Here in a few i will me commenting on my experience here!!
YAYOBROBRO

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 11:21:54 PM

Here in a few i will me commenting on my experience here!!

You will find I don't respond well to blackmail. But I'm happy to go through that song and dance if you want to waste both of our time.

Umm i think you have this a little wrong. Also, i emailed you about the situation im just waiting your reply. I said i would leave my feedback earlier just didnt have the time. But wow OK.
YAYOBROBRO

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 11:36:28 PM

Umm i think you have this a little wrong. Also, i emailed you about the situation im just waiting your reply. I said i would leave my feedback.

Ah, I see. I some how got the mistaken impression that you were going to leave a bad review/feedback if I didn't give you money. Sorry about the confusion.

No but, i believe the situation that happen and with the screenshots and everything showing you that i couldn't even cancel a bet and it still betted my money....never mind just please check you email.
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 11:52:14 PM

Umm i think you have this a little wrong. Also, i emailed you about the situation im just waiting your reply. I said i would leave my feedback.

Ah, I see. I some how got the mistaken impression that you were going to leave a bad review/feedback if I didn't give you money. Sorry about the confusion.

No but, i believe the situation that happen and with the screenshots and everything showing you that i couldn't even cancel a bet and it still betted my money....never mind just please check you email.

Never encountered any problem with bustabit. One of the few sites that I trust. Also, to gamble here, you have the tendency to lose and win.
Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 »
  Print  

Jump to: