Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:05:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine  (Read 578441 times)
Jungian
Legendary

Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:22:40 PM

This. Also, the point about 32-bit machines being the most popular is invalid - not because it's not true, but because it doesn't matter. Those machines are phones and ATMs, machines that people don't actually use for this sort of thing.

As far as I know most home computers are 32-bit as well, but of course you'll make the claim that the kind of tech savvy people that would use cryptocurrencies would all have 64-bit machines right?

Well then you don't know shit and should generally just shut the fuck up.

This is four years old:

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2010/07/08/64-bit-momentum-surges-with-windows-7/

Still no evidence to suggest that more than 50% use 64-bit, even if you take in the flawed momentum data. Haters gonna hate, watch your pump-n-dump floating belly up within 2 months like all the other shitcoins.

You can't even buy a 32-bit computer anymore, and you're trying to argue most actual users use 32-bit. Are you trolling, or just stupid?

http://www.quora.com/Operating-Systems/What-is-the-64-bit-OS-statistics-compare-to-32-bit

Here is the evidence of 64bit being >50%

I think Monero (XMR) is very interesting.
https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/why-monero-matters
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ltcnim
Legendary

Activity: 914
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:27:39 PM

win7 x64 problem:

i had a fresh install of the wallet, started syncing and used the initial address for mining @ 1gh. the wallet got stuck at some "trie" stuff (for over 6h) so I restarted the qt-wallet. Now it says my wallet.dat is corrupted, and can't be repaired. the wallet.dat file is getting renamed and a new one is created. all my mined coins are gone. there are generally a lot of runtime exceptions and messages when operating the wallet.

how can I get my coins back? looks like there is no checkwallet/repairwallet implemented.

Code:
Page 0: metadata page corrupted
Page 0: could not check metadata page
wallet.dat: DB_VERIFY_BAD: Database verification failed
file unknown has LSN 1/3132, past end of log at 1/1076
Commonly caused by moving a database from one database environment
to another without clearing the database LSNs, or by removing all of
the log files from a database environment

looks like a critical bug in the QT wallet which kills the wallet.dat

Edit: salvagewallet did not work either
!

Jungian
Legendary

Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:33:51 PM

This. Also, the point about 32-bit machines being the most popular is invalid - not because it's not true, but because it doesn't matter. Those machines are phones and ATMs, machines that people don't actually use for this sort of thing.

As far as I know most home computers are 32-bit as well, but of course you'll make the claim that the kind of tech savvy people that would use cryptocurrencies would all have 64-bit machines right?

Well then you don't know shit and should generally just shut the fuck up.

This is four years old:

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2010/07/08/64-bit-momentum-surges-with-windows-7/

Still no evidence to suggest that more than 50% use 64-bit, even if you take in the flawed momentum data. Haters gonna hate, watch your pump-n-dump floating belly up within 2 months like all the other shitcoins.

You can't even buy a 32-bit computer anymore, and you're trying to argue most actual users use 32-bit. Are you trolling, or just stupid?

http://www.quora.com/Operating-Systems/What-is-the-64-bit-OS-statistics-compare-to-32-bit

Here is the evidence of 64bit being >50%

Nothing in there says that besides this line:

According to LeBlanc, 54 percent of worldwide systems run the 32-bit version of Windows 7 compared the 46 percent that opts for Windows 7 x64.

Which was from 2010.

So, what does this graphic say? I must misunderstand.

I think Monero (XMR) is very interesting.
https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/why-monero-matters
Polycoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:12:51 PM

Jungain, no offense, but you're a fucking retard...

All computers made today are 64 bit, anyone using 32 bit bought their computer more than 5 years ago,

Polycoin Troopers, Assemble!
catia

Activity: 288
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:26:15 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2014, 10:37:54 PM by catia

Couple of points:
A) Only dumbasses use the newest Windows as they are increasingly falling into the hands of tyrants, the newest Windows for example will only notify you when it's going to shut down for updates with no way to delay the updates (pretty much notifies you halfway through your work I'm shutting down for updates in half an hours and fuck you). Not to mention the shit GUI, the shit performance, the shit security and the shit everything else.
B) 32Bit machines are still the most popular currently.
C) Compiling the GUI on Windows requires installing numerous dependencies and hard configurations, while I am smart enough to do this most other people aren't.

Overall this is the classical "blame it on the one that exposed our stupid behavior" by the shill, if the devs are lacking the common sense to provide 32bit binaries what could you expect from the source except buggy, shitty code written by some chinese hack?

I really like point C. Where you admit it's a lot of work to create these binaries. But wait, your not willing to do it? I wouldn't even have a use for those binaries so why waste my time. So you can use your 5 minute attention span to rail about some problem with it?

Shill, thats good. I write software, must be shill, free code. shill all the way.

I think that most would understand that by a "chinese hack" I am not implying that his code is inferior due to his nationality as a chinese (rather a hack) but that the market is saturated with chinese willing to write buggy code for a fraction of the price of a real programmer. The phones in both of our pockets have been created by the chinese but the difference is that those are high quality employees working for high quality american companies, not 18 year olds looking to scam on freelancing websites.

It's true that they don't owe me the binaries, and I don't owe not calling them dumbasses for not providing them.

This is border line slander. If you have negative things to say about the quality of my work you best back it up. Free software is not a license for you to complain. The very fact it is provided for free, without warranty of implied merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose gives you no ground to stand on. Free software is also not a license to slander. You cannot come around here saying that peoples work is not worth their wage because your childish wants were not satisfied.

As far as I know, 64bit computers are so cheap people will pay you to take them. I have a whole army of core2duo I got or $20 each. Maybe it's time to upgrade.

If you have some constructive criticism then by all means. This stuff is just horrible though. Grow up.

I will even support general criticism of the coin. Drawing the line here at unsubstantiated personal attacks.
Jacksp

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:32:30 PM

LOL no 32bit binaries? Are you f--- kidding me?  Grin

Rumor is, there is a web wallet coming out soon!
Rumor only¿?
tmbp

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:38:02 PM

Couple of points:
A) Only dumbasses use the newest Windows as they are increasingly falling into the hands of tyrants, the newest Windows for example will only notify you when it's going to shut down for updates with no way to delay the updates (pretty much notifies you halfway through your work I'm shutting down for updates in half an hours and fuck you). Not to mention the shit GUI, the shit performance, the shit security and the shit everything else.
B) 32Bit machines are still the most popular currently.
C) Compiling the GUI on Windows requires installing numerous dependencies and hard configurations, while I am smart enough to do this most other people aren't.

Overall this is the classical "blame it on the one that exposed our stupid behavior" by the shill, if the devs are lacking the common sense to provide 32bit binaries what could you expect from the source except buggy, shitty code written by some chinese hack?

I really like point C. Where you admit it's a lot of work to create these binaries. But wait, your not willing to do it? I wouldn't even have a use for those binaries so why waste my time. So you can use your 5 minute attention span to rail about some problem with it?

Shill, thats good. I write software, must be shill, free code. shill all the way.

I think that most would understand that by a "chinese hack" I am not implying that his code is inferior due to his nationality as a chinese (rather a hack) but that the market is saturated with chinese willing to write buggy code for a fraction of the price of a real programmer. The phones in both of our pockets have been created by the chinese but the difference is that those are high quality employees working for high quality american companies, not 18 year olds looking to scam on freelancing websites.

It's true that they don't owe me the binaries, and I don't owe not calling them dumbasses for not providing them.

This is border line slander. If you have negative things to say about the quality of my work you best back it up. Free software is not a license for you to complain. The very fact it is provided for free, without warranty of implied merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose gives you no ground to stand on. Free software is also not a license to slander. You cannot come around here saying that peoples work is not worth their wage because your childish wants were not satisfied.

As far as I know, 64bit computers are so cheap people will pay you to take them. I have a whole army of core2duo I got or $20 each. Maybe it's time to upgrade.

If you have some constructive criticism then by all means. This stuff is just horrible though. Grow up.

What if I told you I have a Core i7 with a 32bit system and not everyone that buys a processor that supports 64bit will install 64bit? CRAZY RIGHT?!?!?!?!??!?!?

China is strong into crypto now, most of china has 32bit, if you're a dumbass that can't put 1 + 1 together then that doesn't mean I can't call you out on it. Only the elite is smart enough to form opinions and I do well to spread mine. If you don't like it open your own forum and moderate it.
djslick
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 10:49:18 PM

lol this coin's still here?

as i already said, re-launch with a real algo and you have a chance of being relevant in a week's time.

at least it's somewhat comforting that the guy who controls 20% of all mining will be eating all those electric costs xD

*** STUMP THE TRUMP *** SPURN THE BERN *** VOTE BILLARY! ***
-= www.Billary.rocks | https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1439754 =-
catia

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:55:16 PM

What if I told you I have a Core i7 with a 32bit system and not everyone that buys a processor that supports 64bit will install 64bit? CRAZY RIGHT?!?!?!?!??!?!?

China is strong into crypto now, most of china has 32bit, if you're a dumbass that can't put 1 + 1 together then that doesn't mean I can't call you out on it. Only the elite is smart enough to form opinions and I do well to spread mine. If you don't like it open your own forum and moderate it.

Run that pirated XP all you want. By doing so your choosing not to run cryptonite. Or at least not to compile it, or pay someone to compile it. If you think stupid people don't have opinions, you obviously have not read this forum. So I'm going to go to the head now and work on something productive.
catia

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:25:06 PM

Compiled the latest cudaminer code on EC2 gpu instance (compiles fine) and now get the following error:

Code:
./minerd -o stratum+tcp://xcnpool.1gh.com:7333 -u XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX -p x -t 1
[2014-08-06 23:04:27] 1 miner threads started, using 'm7' algorithm.
[2014-08-06 23:04:27] Starting Stratum on stratum+tcp://xcnpool.1gh.com:7333
GPUassert: invalid device symbol cuda_whirlpool512.cu 1398

Also, if '-a m7' is used, then it exits without any error message.

Any ideas?

Lots of people saying this. Never seen the error here. Seems to be working for wolf. All i can suggest at this point is make sure your Makefile.am has compute_30 set. Rerun automake, then make. Also try make clean and make in case you have pulled recently. Autotools dependency checking not work for cuda.
tmbp

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:02:37 AM

Run that pirated XP all you want. By doing so your choosing not to run cryptonite. Or at least not to compile it, or pay someone to compile it. If you think stupid people don't have opinions, you obviously have not read this forum. So I'm going to go to the head now and work on something productive.

I am on Windows 7, how does 64bit prevent from people pirating? Interesting theory...

What I have said is that stupid people (aka the majority) can't FORM opinions, they can still propagate others opinions.
BTHECREATOR

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:12:46 AM

lol this coin's still here?

as i already said, re-launch with a real algo and you have a chance of being relevant in a week's time.

at least it's somewhat comforting that the guy who controls 20% of all mining will be eating all those electric costs xD

I'd like to see somebody do something, because i'm holding a shitload of this coin, and atm there is NO market for it. That's not how a coin backed months of research and all kinds of cool technology is supposed to end up. I think we can all agree on that.
wcuz

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:45:56 AM

Cryptonite is highly experimental software and the concepts underpinning it lack extensive testing and analysis. Cryptonite is a fork of the Bitcoin core but the code has been extensively modified and expanded upon. It may look quite similar to Bitcoin on the surface but things work very differently under the hood. As such, you should use Cryptonite with caution and diligence until the code base has been properly reviewed and the robustness of the network has been established. We provide no guarantees or warranty, but in the event where something does go wrong with the network we will do our best to recover the situation and maintain all address balances so that losses are minimized.
If what they say is indeed true then they are in big trouble, first of all they are using an account tree + blockchain which I would guess only inflate the blockchain size in the beginning and only make it smaller as more dust transactions are pruned from the blockchain (effectively breaking it) not the mention all the huge security problems that are bound to occur at one point or another.

Our implementation of the reduced blockchain uses an account tree, a mini-blockchain (which isn't even a blockchain) and a proof chain, the proof chain is the only infinite part of the blockchain but it would  barely increase in size over years of use even at frequent blocks. Not only is our solution, as secure as the original blockchain, decentrallized, doesn't expose additional attack vectors and compresses the blockchain to be smaller than any other blockchain before by orders of magnitute it will be delivered tested and stable.

I can't say anything for sure since I haven't seen their whitepaper but it will certainly be interesting to see how it goes forward.

In any case let the kids be kids and let the scientists do their research in peace.
http://nud.fi/forums/index.php?topic=31.msg61#msg61
wyj1888

Activity: 164

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:54:29 AM

Free $XCN !!!!!!!!!

The next 20 people to post what they like about the mini-blockchain scheme, and have a valid XCN address in their signature will get 100 free coins. *

* Fine Print:  You must follow both of the terms above.  I have the right to deny anyone the prize for any reason, including "I just don't like you".  The most quality answer(s) may receive a bonus  Grin

thanks for free XCNs!

CQbEU19jqwdD6Tj2gqm8w85g4WkspVvoZX
watuba

Activity: 211

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:57:27 AM

Please don't post addresses in the thread, only in signatures.  That period is over.

ltcnim
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:05:38 AM

win7 x64 problem:

i had a fresh install of the wallet, started syncing and used the initial address for mining @ 1gh. the wallet got stuck at some "trie" stuff (for over 6h) so I restarted the qt-wallet. Now it says my wallet.dat is corrupted, and can't be repaired. the wallet.dat file is getting renamed and a new one is created. all my mined coins are gone. there are generally a lot of runtime exceptions and messages when operating the wallet.

how can I get my coins back? looks like there is no checkwallet/repairwallet implemented.

Code:

i'm still looking for a solution. lost around 120 coins that way. i don't want to think about someone losing thousands due to that bug.

jly77

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:09:55 AM

win7 x64 problem:

Code:

i'm still looking for a solution. lost around 120 coins that way. i don't want to think about someone losing thousands due to that bug.

My friend's wallet corrupted too.
ajeef

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:12:35 AM

use old version,old block chain.if you want,i'll upload block chain
https://mega.co.nz/#!c49TETSQ!mp8TzrPLH0tJmdvaPFDRFRwz2eFPJnBOHHOqjl1q2B0
catia

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:30:42 AM

I am on Windows 7, how does 64bit prevent from people pirating? Interesting theory...

What I have said is that stupid people (aka the majority) can't FORM opinions, they can still propagate others opinions.

Then why not install W7 64bit? It's not like it is "newer" than the 32bit version, and also not a crash haven like XP 64bit. You sure not XP? Win7 prevents pirating. XP is free for all who don't want updates.
ltcnim
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:35:43 AM

use old version,old block chain.if you want,i'll upload block chain
https://mega.co.nz/#!c49TETSQ!mp8TzrPLH0tJmdvaPFDRFRwz2eFPJnBOHHOqjl1q2B0

the problem is not the blockchain. my wallet got corrupted after i restarted the QT client (it did NOT crash, it was shut down properly) and is not readable by the wallet anymore. I now tried five older versions, every time I start the client it tells me the wallet.dat is corrupted and not repairable. then wallet.dat gets renamed.

Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: