Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:53:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine  (Read 578441 times)
restless
Legendary

Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 04:04:23 PM

where is cgminrer download?? Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh  i have 270X  AMD
This is linux-only and NVidia-only coin.
cubex

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 04:18:21 PM

where is cgminrer download?? Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh  i have 270X  AMD

For now. The dev has come up with an optimised nividia linux miner single-handedly and in a short time (within a week?).  Bravo!

I am sure an AMD miner is in the pipeline (looking at Wolf0)  Wink
bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 05:10:46 PM

For now. The dev has come up with an optimised nividia linux miner single-handedly and in a short time (within a week?).  Bravo!

I will set up a thread soon so we can collect funding for important project such as an AMD miner and good open source pool software, and other projects people feel are important. People can also help the Cryptonite economy expand by accepting XCN as a form of payment. A decent payment gateway for XCN could also be quite profitable.

XCN: CYsvPpb2YuyAib5ay9GJXU8j3nwohbttTz | BTC: 18MWPVJA9mFLPFT3zht5twuNQmZBDzHoWF
Cryptonite - 1st mini-blockchain altcoin | BitShop - digital shop script
Web Developer - PHP, SQL, JS, AJAX, JSON, XML, RSS, HTML, CSS
dboylc

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

mine for future~

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 05:19:36 PM

If I made one, I'd release it, but really - I wasn't kidding. OpenCL kind of sucks once you learn CUDA.

as I knowCUDA is easier to convert C++ to gpu algo than OPENCL.
and cuz M7 has many different to X11,X13 etc, sphminer won't work well.
havn't seen "sph" for a longtime, AFK from BTT? : )
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 05:22:28 PM

For now. The dev has come up with an optimised nividia linux miner single-handedly and in a short time (within a week?).  Bravo!

I am sure an AMD miner is in the pipeline (looking at Wolf0)  Wink

If I made one, I'd release it, but really - I wasn't kidding. OpenCL kind of sucks once you learn CUDA.

yes right as implementation for cuda is easy
ivcelmik

Activity: 519
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 07:16:12 PM

For now. The dev has come up with an optimised nividia linux miner single-handedly and in a short time (within a week?).  Bravo!

I am sure an AMD miner is in the pipeline (looking at Wolf0)  Wink

yes right a shitty copy and paste implementation for cuda is easy

Fixed it for you.

Hi,can u help me with a link for m7 miner

Thx in advance
myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:38:09 PM

Hi,can u help me with a link for m7 miner

Thx in advance

You can get the CPU miner at 1GH:
http://xcn.1gh.com/

And the GPU (cuda, linux) source:
https://github.com/MiniblockchainProject/CudaMiner

Happy Mining,
~ Myagui

cubydu

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 07:53:05 PM

xcn looks great today  Smiley

myagui
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:23:41 PM

It does, but as it happens with every rally, be wary of the downturn. While I'm very happy to see XCN doing so well on the exchanges, realistically, the nethash should increase by a lot, in order to justify the current price. No concerns here though, I'll stick around through any ups and downs along the way. We are generally bound upwards, as the dev team continues committed. We will surely see sustained growth once we have another pool (or better yet, pools), and once we can get the windows miners onboard.

~ Myagui

shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:33:38 PM

Damn, it sure does.  I bought between .000014 and .000015.  I only wish I had bought more.
PeaMine

Activity: 979
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:57:02 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2014, 09:10:45 PM by PeaMine

xcn looks great today  Smiley

Damn, it sure does.  I bought between .000014 and .000015.  I only wish I had bought more.

I'm very happy with my filled buy orders in that range too, I'm almost sad I had 50% set at such a now "low" sell price, it's more than tripled what I sold 50% of my coins at.
Almost Sad  Cool

And of course, I had to remake all my new buy orders on the higher buy floor =)
The majority of my coins won't be let go until it hits 0.0001 and even then I'm a bit scared of it surpassing that and having sellers regret and simply holding some once I buy.
Someone dump some cheap coins to fill my buys Smiley

Datacenter Technician and Electrician.  If you have any questions feel free to ask me as I am generally bored looking at logs and happy to help during free time.
myagui
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 09:36:45 PM

You did the right thing, taking into account that private gpu miners have been mining the shit out of this coin, while the rest wasted resources with cpu mining, and at any moment those big holders could have dumped. It's like the coin having a premine. You can't be sure at any moment. You entirely depend on their will. Price depends on them as well.

However, this coin has a good concept and could have been a good coin. But, greed has turned it into something useless. I still suggest that it should be relaunched. Fair launch this time.

You do realize that there is a public GPU miner available right? And the known private miner is Wolf's, which is topping the performance of the public one by some 10% or so, so definitely not the 'premine' proportions that you're claiming. Big & early holders did get a lot of coins, but have thrown some hefty computing power to mine them before a GPU miner was available, which is perfectly fair.

So in short: a largely new codebase, a lot of completely new features, lot's of testing time, timely pre-ann, timely launch ann, emission rate ~ 50% mined in 10 years. Yep, this is a goner, let's relaunch ASAP.
(sarcasm alert)

~ Myagui

darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 09:38:41 PM

You did the right thing, taking into account that private gpu miners have been mining the shit out of this coin, while the rest wasted resources with cpu mining, and at any moment those big holders could have dumped. It's like the coin having a premine. You can't be sure at any moment. You entirely depend on their will. Price depends on them as well.

However, this coin has a good concept and could have been a good coin. But, greed has turned it into something useless. I still suggest that it should be relaunched. Fair launch this time.

You do realize that there is a public GPU miner available right? And the known private miner is Wolf's, which is topping the performance of the public one by some 10% or so, so definitely not the 'premine' proportions that you're claiming. Big & early holders did get a lot of coins, but have thrown some hefty computing power to mine them before a GPU miner was available, which is perfectly fair.

So in short: a largely new codebase, a lot of completely new features, lot's of testing time, timely pre-ann, timely launch ann, emission rate ~ 50% mined in 10 years. Yep, this is a goner, let's relaunch ASAP.
(sarcasm alert)

~ Myagui

Thing is, it's suspected that a Private GPU miner was available at launch, which was the reason why so many people using CPU's were unable to mine any coins with such a high difficulty.
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 09:41:33 PM

You do realize that there is a public GPU miner available right?
~ Myagui

please link to windows gpu miner (nvidia based)
i dont care about 10% lower performance
someone who can please compile the miner for windows user

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 09:44:00 PM

(sarcasm alert)

~ Myagui

Thing is, it's suspected that a Private GPU miner was available at launch, which was the reason why so many people using CPU's were unable to mine any coins with such a high difficulty.

That's highly likely seeing the one address that mined a huge amount of coins.  But how can a private GPU miner be available at launch unless...
darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 09:47:52 PM

(sarcasm alert)

~ Myagui

That's highly likely seeing the one address that mined a huge amount of coins.  But how can a private GPU miner be available at launch unless...

600k coins mined by that address, and windows miners werent working, along with there being a fork, And reports of people's cpu farms not getting any coins at all. I wouldnt say its highly unlikely.
cubydu

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 09:51:17 PM

I had 100 ec2 instances with 32 threads per server at launch . I hadn't private miner and first 3 days it was solo mining. And I had got more than 100k coins at first days

(sarcasm alert)

~ Myagui

That's highly likely seeing the one address that mined a huge amount of coins.  But how can a private GPU miner be available at launch unless...

600k coins mined by that address, and windows miners werent working, along with there being a fork, And reports of people's cpu farms not getting any coins at all. I wouldnt say its highly unlikely.

catia

Activity: 288
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:05:59 PM

Up until the point that GPU miner was launched it was continuously profitable to mine on EC2 from the get go. For that matter it is still profitable using g2.2. So i dunno how there was obviously a private GPU miner. Fairly certain Wolf didn't have one until after I made the free one because his miner is based off of my code. I think it's doubtful anyone did. Perhaps put tinfoil hat back on. Big question is why EC2 miner not move to g2.2 instances and instead abruptly stopped when GPU came out. Could be got a new address. Also I have noticed lots of nodes using non EC2 cloud services. Perhaps getting a deal there and not have GPU available.

Making conclusions from insufficient information is fine, but believing them to be facts is kind of silly.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 10:48:46 PM

A private GPU miner at launch is possible because XCN was run on a test net for a month prior to official launch.

Everyone had plenty of time to write or commission custom mining software, as well as make/test provisions for EC2/cloud mining at scale.

Thus it is not surprising XCN difficulty was never low.  The fork was just a tiny bump, otherwise the launch was textbook perfect.  I was able to solo mine a block in about 48hrs on Win7/i7 (but then went on a shopping spree when I read the writing on the [altcoin observer] wall.

There are a hundred other altcoins Darkota & Co could be running around demanding to be relaunched, yet they choose XCN because they realize XCN's outstanding technology and limitless potential.  It's not going to be relaunched, so they resort to good old FUD.   Roll Eyes

Guys, stop being such cheapskates and just buy some coins on the market.  You had every opportunity over the last week to get very cheap XCN.  All the market cap has done is move from $50k to $100k.  That's nothing!  This thing is still a 5-10 bagger at minimum.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 11:18:30 PM

Up until the point that GPU miner was launched it was continuously profitable to mine on EC2 from the get go.

His behavior was not consistent with EC2 mining. I do not care to elaborate at this time.
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: