Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:15:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Poll is over
Voting has finished
Voting has finished

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: XBC now with optional anon & encrypted messaging  (Read 76619 times)
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 07:03:36 PM

We'll we got bitcoinplus.org and .net registered.  Do you guys want to move on with those?

Main website for Bitcoin is at bitcoin.org so bitcoinplus.org would fit perfectly.

Yes agree. Bitcoinplus for me.

You have quoted me too fast and missed part about women, go back. GroundBEEF has already done some cool job on the matter so we are almost ready to rock da house!  Grin

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
GrounBEEFtaxi

Activity: 283
Merit: 264

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 09:35:50 PM

I concur with bitcoinplus.org.  Thanks Jjmv for helping out brotha.  Don't want to rush anything at all but are designs already being drawn up?  I say we keep the orbitron font. I've grown quite fond of it myself.   Anyone else? Thoughts?
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 09:47:25 PM

I concur with bitcoinplus.org.  Thanks Jjmv for helping out brotha.  Don't want to rush anything at all but are designs already being drawn up?  I say we keep the orbitron font. I've grown quite fond of it myself.   Anyone else? Thoughts?

Is that font used on new XBC logo? If not, and given it really is a great looking font, it should be added to logo. Who has XBC logo graphics anyway (preferably vector files)?

GrounBEEFtaxi

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 09:52:22 PM

Well I started doing the logo as a black/red or a white/red combination depending on the background picture.  I think it looks pretty snazzy and very marketable.   Its just the beginning too so I'm very excited to see how it morphs.
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 09:57:47 PM

Well I started doing the logo as a black/red or a white/red combination depending on the background picture.  I think it looks pretty snazzy and very marketable.   Its just the beginning too so I'm very excited to see how it morphs.

What I ment was this logo https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fs10.postimg.org%2F44fv4sp4p%2Flogo.png&t=544&c=VFlXs4ojBdoQ_w it is very cool looking, those colors
will surely attract female population. If vector files exist I could easily simplify that logo a bit, just to check how it looks with less details. It actualy might look much better without
PCB background and angled rectangles.

jjmv

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 10:30:32 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2014, 01:32:43 AM by jjmv

Yeah, the community needs to decide on the logo situation... I like that logo btw...

Beef, can you try to get a blessing from yoda, azor, mindfox, or anyone else that you can think of, before we keep moving forward with the new domain, website, team restructure, wallet work may be...?

Better to avoid any of those issues sooner than later.

I'm looking for a host now, but about the site... I'm not a web designer, but I can handle some code.  I don't think that XBC needs anything fancy now (even though anyone is welcome to work on this and make it awesome).  No need to reinvent the wheel with the website I think.  Some hosting providers offer some nice templates, mobile site, email, storage, content management, etc. for a minimal fee.  Anyone on the team would be able to update it.  I'm talking $8 a month.  We can build onto this in the future.  I say we go this route and concentrate on logos, graphics, content...

I know that we could all probably build a server, host and put together a site, but I don't think it's worth the $8 headache.

What do you guys think?
GrounBEEFtaxi

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 10:36:54 PM

I'm currently trying to hit up Azor and see if he has those files.  If he does substrata I'll contact you and send them. That's when Azor communicates to me of course.
GrounBEEFtaxi

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 10:42:49 PM

Jjmv.  Ill speak for both Azor, Cryptoyoda and myself and give the green light on this move.  Mindfox has been hard to reach at the moment.  Sometimes he answers most times he doesn't.   I'll let you know when the coin maestro decides to show and what he says.   
GrounBEEFtaxi

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 10:54:41 PM

The only time mindfox starts to get annoyed is when someone questions him on the code.  Insofar everything else, he usually stays out of it and let's the Dev teams do the promotion stuff.
egghead123
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:39:22 AM
Last edit: September 16, 2014, 11:19:54 AM by egghead123

The logo is VITALLY important as it is what people will spot initially and whatever they will likely recall each time they come across your product/service later on. This one thing means you want a excellent logo design.

An excessively complex logo could be confusing or hard recall. It might look attractive at first glance but if your users could not quickly hook it up with your products/services chances are they will likely check out one of your opponents who happen to be far more recognizable. A basic logo is simpler to not forget, much easier to understand and much easier to utilize to all your company mass media.

The current logo in my opinion looks too tacky and way too busy and complicated.It doesn't stick in the mind for instant reference so on a neural sense does not trigger an auto reference point related to the coin itself.

I think that the actual bitcoin logo with an emphasis on the "PLUS" is the best option.

The current logo design does not work in my opinion.Think of simple yet striking logos like apple etc.Bitcoin logo with a plus sign would be appropriate as the main corporate/organisation logo.Marketing the service can have any different variations if required but the main principal logo should remain the same in line with other successful brands.
egghead123
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:43:47 AM

Regarding bitcoinplus .org maybe we could register an organisation/foundation.Its function could start off based on research and development as we are still in that stage before progressing onto the products and services side that would require a company/commercial enterprise.

Feel free to add to this
bookjoy

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:45:14 AM

We'll we got bitcoinplus.org and .net registered.  Do you guys want to move on with those?

Main website for Bitcoin is at bitcoin.org so bitcoinplus.org would fit perfectly.

Yes agree. Bitcoinplus for me.

Bitcoinplus could attract more people and bring some more popularity to XBC coin.
egghead123
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 11:02:36 AM
Last edit: September 16, 2014, 11:14:20 AM by egghead123

WHAT MAKES A GOOD LOGO?

1. Simple & Clean
Less is more when it comes to logo design. An over-complicated design or a symbol cluttered with layers will be hard to duplicate and may not be as memorable. Good logos look fresh and simple. Another thing to consider when creating a logo is the number of colors included. The more colors you have in your logo the more expensive it gets to print. A nice rule of thumb is to keep a logo to two or three colors (including black as one of the colors).

2. Easy to Remember
Customers don’t have much time. You want to provide them with an easy-to-remember, unique symbol to help them quickly associate with your business.

3. Not Trendy
Once you decide on a logo, you shouldn’t change it. It should be able to stand the test of time for the duration of your company. So it is a good idea to stay clear of those design choices that may be fleeting -- like the 1980’s neon madness.

4. Versatile
You will need a logo that looks good in black & white as well as color. Additionally, you will want a logo that can be easily printed on anything – t-shirts, mugs, vehicles, trophies, business cards – you name it. Of course, you may not need those things for your business, however, it is better to leave your options open. Avoid lengthy horizontal logos, which can be difficult to fit on various projects. This type of logo can leave you constantly frustrated.

5. Fitting & Appropriate
Think about your business-type and industry. Create a logo that is appropriate within those areas. For instance, if you are in the finance business, you will want to have a conservative and professional feel to your logo. If you are a professional clown, obviously you can go in the more playful direction. A nice way to determine what is appropriate for your business is to research what some of your competitors' logos look like.

6. Avoid Clip Art Where Possible
It might feel like the right thing to do, but clip art is rarely the right direction to take when creating a logo. Why? It can look hokey, cheap and careless. You want your business to convey the exact opposite of those things. This will be important to keep in mind if using a free logo provider. You will want to dig through the options the online service provides and try and find something as far from a generic image as possible.
MarketMagic

Activity: 777
Merit: 777

Altbone inc.Burial service for altcoins

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 11:35:28 AM

The logo is VITALLY important as it is what people will spot initially and whatever they will likely recall each time they come across your product/service later on. This one thing means you want a excellent logo design.

An excessively complex logo could be confusing or hard recall. It might look attractive at first glance but if your users could not quickly hook it up with your products/services chances are they will likely check out one of your opponents who happen to be far more recognizable. A basic logo is simpler to not forget, much easier to understand and much easier to utilize to all your company mass media.

The current logo in my opinion looks too tacky and way too busy and complicated.It doesn't stick in the mind for instant reference so on a neural sense does not trigger an auto reference point related to the coin itself.

I think that the actual bitcoin logo with an emphasis on the "PLUS" is the best option.

The current logo design does not work in my opinion.Think of simple yet striking logos like apple etc.Bitcoin logo with a plus sign would be appropriate as the main corporate/organisation logo.Marketing the service can have any different variations if required but the main principal logo should remain the same in line with other successful brands.

Yes a good product or service can be destroyed by something as simple as a silly logo.Logo is image and presentation like the first impression at job interview.If wanting to leave good impression logo and presentation must also be backed up by a good CV though.I agree that current logo is too complex and bling but simple bitcoin logo with a plus might need good color theme/hue for effective psychological impact.Marketing is all about psychology so you have to identify the market you wish to project to which in this case is general public?? so the more basic and simple logo like the referred apple logo is best of course.

█████████████████████
jjmv

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 01:40:50 PM

+1

I like the old logo, it was good eye candy... busy though...
I agree with egghead and marketmagic.  Simpler would be better, easily recognizable, easier to work with...
GrounBEEFtaxi

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:31:18 PM

I second the motion to keep the orbitron font that I've used on those adverts.  The more I thought no about it the more im starting to not like the "anime"esque circular Bitcoin  plus design.  The B looks tacky, the colors look like they're from sailor moon or something. The adverts I did(mostly tongue in cheek) were still intended to be a more professional and quick spot to make people remember BitcoinPlus(just the logo). I did all the pictures in black and white just so I can make the xbc logo stand out and pop into peoples psyche.  Yes yes, I know its not complete there insofar as a reaaaal professional advert but were Chuppin close my xbc champs.  I say we ditch the circular design and come up with a new design.  All so in second to keep the orbitron.  Unless someone comes up with something better.
jjmv

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:00:47 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2014, 05:51:25 PM by jjmv

yeah, we need logos...

I'm thinking about using a free email host provider for the bitcoinplus.org emails.  ZOHO offers 25 free mailboxes, collaboration tools, storage, all free if you already have a domain... which we do.  Everyone in the team can have an @bitcoinplus.org email in addition to the standard info and help mailboxes.  Thoughts???

Also, there's this hosting company called wix that could work for us.  It's cheap and it has an easy to use content management system.  Anyone can update it which is good in my book.  It also has a ton of good templates that we could use.  We would get the service that has no adv banners by the way.  Can you guys go look through their templates and pick some that the community could agree on?  If you guys hate this service, then we can try to find another, but the content management is probably the easiest I've worked with.

Nothing official, but I played around last night with some of these templates. check this one out. the mobile site is automatically up with this service too...

http://jjmvsc.wix.com/test

subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 06:09:38 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2014, 07:18:06 PM by subSTRATA

+1

I like the old logo, it was good eye candy... busy though...
I agree with egghead and marketmagic.  Simpler would be better, easily recognizable, easier to work with...

Problem there is that it seems few companies and other entities are attempting to copyright Bitcoin logo. It was created by some guy like 3 years ago - you can still find his post
on this forum - and put into public domain but some are suggesting that does not mean it is impossible to remove it from public domain and make copyrighted or even trademark it.
Another problem is that Bitcoin community might go mad on us if XBC logo is too similar to Bitcoin one and that could mean removal of XBC thread from this forum. I say we better
avoid potentialy running into troubles on those matters, there are plenty of ways XBC logo can look great and not even resemble Bitcoin logo.

Unrelated:

If you have any XBC at exchanges it would be a smart move to withdraw them to your local wallets and start staking. Network is almost regulary not generating 1,440 new blocks
per day as it should. It is frequent that PoS difficulty is lowest possible (0.000244137) but new blocks are still not generated for up to 5 minutes which - all in all - means there
are not enough mature coins (unspent inputs) staking. Situation is not really bad, network works but it should work better. Idealy, 1,440 blocks should be generated and PoS
difficulty should be much higher than it is now, to make eventual 51% attack more costly (in terms of required amount of coins, CPU resources and time).

jjmv

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:13:03 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2014, 08:11:39 PM by jjmv

Yeah, let's avoid issues with other communities.  Especially the bitcoin community.

Thanks egghead123 for the .0308 btc to help cover the domain and hosting costs.  I will post the estimated 1yr costs - donations for the website/domain when a decision is made on a host.

Staking in progress btw...
egghead123
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:23:32 PM

No prob jjmv.Yeah maybe if peeps started removing some of their coins off the exchange if they are not selling might be a good idea.Too many coins sitting on the exchange doing nothing.Is poloniex wallet staking?Huh?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: