Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:09:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Poll is over
Voting has finished
Voting has finished

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: XBC now with optional anon & encrypted messaging  (Read 76619 times)
GrounBEEFtaxi

Activity: 283
Merit: 264

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:09:40 PM

I also wish to make a suggestion.........is there anyway we all can keep in constant contact that's a little bit better than skype or freenode?  The ANN forums are great but man..........we could get alot of decisions made quicker if we found a faster way to communicate.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:12:19 PM

"Operation Facelift" should be priority I think.  Someone may have to lead that one... cough strata cough

No price quote from developer yet. If he does not reply in a week I will create a thread on Services part of this forum to check if someone else would be interested in the job. If
that fails as well we can move to freelancer websites, there are many qualified developers and teams outside of current cryptospace but for that we would need PayPal or some
other forms of traditional online payment - I have none of them.

Generaly speaking, cryptocoin scene lacks hundreds of developers.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
GrounBEEFtaxi

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:20:26 PM

Hey Substrata, it's funny you say that haha..........you think in a decentralized world we could find tons of these developers huh? Weird hahha.
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:29:04 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2014, 09:43:22 PM by subSTRATA

Hey Substrata, it's funny you say that haha..........you think in a decentralized world we could find tons of these developers huh? Weird hahha.

Put 1 billion USD on the table and you will have attention of all developers, worldwide - possibly some extraterrestrials as well.  Grin

In the meantime, try to be productive in some way. Major topic for me right now is what to add to XBC to make it desirable by normal people - cryptocoiners are way too saturated
by the amount of coins, hitech geek stuff and are mostly interested in just investing money with the purpose of getting rich as soon as possible. They are not actual users of coins
outside of market speculations. What cryptocoin scene thinks about XBC is irrelevant, it is 7+ billions of other people who should we focus our attention at. I absolutely dislike the
idea of fulfilling desires of people around here and it is so because people around here are too much into irrelevant stuff - anonymity, chat, mini-blockchain, new algo, this and that,
all seemingly useful stuff but all bullshits in the end. The World does not give a shit about any of that and never will! Bitcoin has none of that but it is by far the most used coin.
Other coins might seem successful as well but do not be fooled by their high marketcaps - it is metric easily manipulated in low liquidity markets. At this point in time, even trade
volume is not really useful metric because it is fueled by mere speculations, not uses outside of cryptocoin markets. For example, super-awesome-latest-tech coin had 200 BTC daily
trade volume because few guys decided to sell their piles for 100 BTC and few other guys decided to increase their piles by 100 BTC = useful? Not at all, it is all about coin piles.

Go out on the street and ask people what they really want. Unless we can find some use for XBC outside of uses Bitcoin already has all our efforts, time and money will be a waste.

oldnoob

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

Why not?

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:07:50 PM

Put 1 billion USD on the table and you will have attention of all developers, worldwide - possibly some extraterrestrials as well.  Grin

In the meantime, try to be productive in some way. Major topic for me right now is what to add to XBC to make it desirable by normal people - cryptocoiners are way too saturated
by the amount of coins, hitech geek stuff and are mostly interested in just investing money with the purpose of getting rich as soon as possible. They are not actual users of coins
outside of market speculations. What cryptocoin scene thinks about XBC is irrelevant, it is 7+ billions of other people who should we focus our attention at. I absolutely dislike the
idea of fulfilling desires of people around here and it is so because people around here are too much into irrelevant stuff - anonymity, chat, mini-blockchain, new algo, this and that,
all seemingly useful stuff but all bullshits in the end. The World does not give a shit about any of that and never will! Bitcoin has none of that but it is by far the most used coin.

Agree about all the high tech stuff on other coins, doesn't mean anything. But........ This is why I believe in BitcoinPlus. This new high tech stuff does mean the very different on XBC, because of the plus. People need to see the advantages of the Plus. POS, transaction time, and maybe more. But more important a stabile community and dev team. When they google, they have to see nice and positive things, and cool PLUS things. Than the coin will automatically gain more and more momentum

BitcoinPlus supporter: XBC: B7Df47bCFaNKvRhqnxq3VmZ2t8u7uuoT8p http://www.bitcoinplus.org/
GrounBEEFtaxi

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:13:07 PM

True, I agree with Substrata on this.  Anonymity........only for cryptosimp geeks who wanna break the law and keep silk roading.  The Anon fad is dying in my eye anyways and hopefully we can move into the phase of actual adoption here.  So we have a couple things we can contemplate here.  First off is our coin supply and how to market this effectively.  In GrounBEEF's eyes the whole reason of making scarcity PoS Bitcoin is to make it a reserve and actually be more valuable to a regular Bitcoin.  I know I will get hounded for this but this is really the real reason as to why this coin was created in the first place.  Extreme rarity, Extreme value.  Ok done with that, now we must ask ourselves what we really are trying to do here now.  What do we do to include ourselves within the Bitcoin ecosystem but also be a great addition to it insofar as building on top of it.

What does the Plus in BitcoinPlus actually mean?  That is another question to ask and also get an answer to, once we get that we essentially upgrade Bitcoin world and establish ourselves.  I'll keep the Parthenon idea in the background for now until we get more team members and this twister really develops but, essentially the idea was to make an extension program that would work with either bitcoin core wallet or bitcoinplus wallet(or both) where you could buy digital goods(music, digital art, photography, books, poetry etc.) via the "Parthenon" program.  The program itself is akin to a decentralized dropbox........people can upload stuff to their folders........it would pop up in the program via searching.......and you could easily purchase and download items into your "dropbox style" program.

Now the idea above is not about anonymizing transactions, making nifty wallet additions nor is it catering to only the geekside of the moon.  What I was trying to relate was to get digital artists to provide their stuff into the economy and build from there.  Once we have that we basically almost trump old Bitcoin itself in the process because we've increased the actual digital economy 100,000x fold.  Not to mention it is easier for artists to actually receive bitcoin/bitcoinplus into their accounts rather than going through coinbase, robocoin and giving up alot of information about themselves.

Not to mention I and a ton of other artists in the music field would contribute.  While I am working on my own dreams outside of XBC kingdom I am also keeping to heart that I wish to merge both together in the future.  I know from personal experience the bitcoin economy is going to be utterly fantastic for musicians, writers and the ilk.

So yeah just to chime in I really think we all should look at the "Plus" and see what we can do to innovate practically and maybe........if anyone else has a better way to do this Parthenon idea(maybe a website or some rather), let me know.

- GrounBEEFMillenium
GrounBEEFtaxi

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:37:44 PM

I put in a request for Poloniex to include XBC into the XMR market list.  I hope they can hook us up.  At least we'll always be visible on that list instead of the bigger one.  Gotta be displayed CHUP CHUP.
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 09:17:36 AM
Last edit: September 19, 2014, 10:08:04 AM by subSTRATA

True, I agree with Substrata on this.  Anonymity........only for cryptosimp geeks who wanna break the law and keep silk roading.  The Anon fad is dying in my eye anyways and hopefully we can move into the phase of actual adoption here.  So we have a couple things we can contemplate here.  First off is our coin supply and how to market this effectively.  In GrounBEEF's eyes the whole reason of making scarcity PoS Bitcoin is to make it a reserve and actually be more valuable to a regular Bitcoin.  I know I will get hounded for this but this is really the real reason as to why this coin was created in the first place.  Extreme rarity, Extreme value.  Ok done with that, now we must ask ourselves what we really are trying to do here now.  What do we do to include ourselves within the Bitcoin ecosystem but also be a great addition to it insofar as building on top of it.

Scarcity of coins did not proved to be of significant importance. There are coins like 42 and BitBar, there was even Onecoin that had just 1 coin total, ever, but none of those coins
made it. In my opinion, it is all yet another trick to persuade naive to buy into the whole scheme. Major problems there arise once coin eventualy reaches parity with Bitcoin or goes
higher in value than Bitcoin - micropayments will become a pain in the ass. Bitcoin already shown 21M total coins is not really enough for real world applications because many price
tags become absurd. If for some item one has to pay 0.005284 BTC then it all becomes complicated and confusing. Normal people are not get used to pay 0.005284 for Cola or some
other cheapo stuff. Sure you can switch to mBTC but it complicates the deal even more, now you have additional variable to check on top of already unfamiliar looking price tags.

I think Satoshi made serious mistake by opting for 8 decimal places instead of commonly used 2. If user has to pay 5,284.00 for Cola it would be more intuitive than 0.005284 coins.

Another issue is when default currency unit goes up in price to levels where normal people are supposed to pay hundreds or thousands USD to obtain just 1 such unit (1 BTC). Most
people will think twice before buying 1 something for 1,000 USD whatever that something is. If you tell them to buy for 100 USD then you will usualy hear replies like "Nah, I do not
want to have just 0.1 something, that would be pathetic!" and situation usualy resolves with user not buying anything!

"moneysupply" : 56,554.13991800 XBC

Because of reasons mentioned above, I would have no issues switching to 56,554,139,918.00 XBC.

"All told, anyone looking for all of the U.S. dollars in the world in July 2013 could expect to find approximately $10.5 trillion in existence, using the M2 money supply definition. If you
just want to count actual notes and coins, there are about U.S. $1.2 trillion floating around the globe."

http://money.howstuffworks.com/how-much-money-is-in-the-world.htm

So even 56+ billions XBC would make micropayments complicated if XBC ever reaches USD parity.

jjmv

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 04:15:43 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2014, 09:30:58 PM by jjmv

Alright guys... email is flowing to bitcoinplus.org now.  If you want an @bitcoinplus.org email address let me know and I will create one for you.  

How can we communicate faster?  I'm guessing a phone messaging app would probably work.  You could also setup the @bitcoinplus.org email account on your phones for us to privately communicate that way.  Strata's right... A good idea posted here could easily be taken by another team.

The last post brings up some good points.  I'm assuming that a major change to the coin (ie. the amount of coins available) would require a major overhaul of the wallet.  Also, a major exchange of coins from old bags to the new bags would be required.  Right?

On a side note, I like the proof of baghold that QBK has.  They have incentives (beyond stake) for those who are long term bagholders.  Just something to add to the wallet idea list for when the time comes.
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 01:45:31 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2014, 05:31:48 PM by subSTRATA

If you make me email at bitcoinplus.org website (substrata@bitcoinplus.org) how I'm supposed to login and check inbox? Anyway, the amount of coins story above was just to
show difficulties we could run into if XBC goes crazy and reaches USD parity. No intent to actualy mess with coin supply - it can be done in future if problems arise. We could as
well move decimal point to the left and even make it so coin supply is 0.565626237780 XBC instead of current 56,562.62377800 XBC, for the LULZ.

I'm not following QBK but any idea you people might like should be written down, at some point we will find developers and eventualy add all stuff worth adding. I have a huge list
already - cool stuff already implemented in other coins - and I'm using it to brainstorm on variations and new ideas but as much as I like some stuff already added to other coins
most of it is so to call it dead end or at least I can not find anything worth building around or on top it. For example, we could add sound notifications to wallet but what other
uses that sound subsystem could have?

Add subsystem 1.
Add subsystem 2 which besides use of it's own code makes use of 1.
Add subsystem 3 which besides use of it's own code makes use of 1 and/or 2.
Add subsystem 4 which besides use of it's own code makes use of 1 and/or 2 and/or 3.

Unrelated:

Over 4,000 XBC are sitting at Poloniex at 0.005 and higher prices, do you people really think XBC price gonna 10x anytime soon? Why not download XBC wallet and start staking,
you will get at least 1% more coins per month that way, help the network and reduce sell pressure.

Maybe we should animate BEEF to start another CAPS LOCK campaign on Poloniex trollbox - "PROVE THAT YOU ARE STAKING XBC AND GET ETERNAL LIFE! CHUP!" might do the job.  Grin

oldnoob

Why not?

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 06:33:06 PM

JJMV. Can this video reach the website? Its cool imo

Welcome aboard!

[/quote]

BitcoinPlus supporter: XBC: B7Df47bCFaNKvRhqnxq3VmZ2t8u7uuoT8p http://www.bitcoinplus.org/
GrounBEEFtaxi

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 07:03:18 PM

Oldniob that's the video coinerz wishes us not to put up. He's being anti XBC and honestly we can get a better one made.  At first I liked it but its kind of outdated now.  Lets start scouting some good videographers. I'll hit up that stealthcoin guy for sure.
oldnoob

Why not?

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 07:15:28 PM

Oldniob that's the video coinerz wishes us not to put up. He's being anti XBC and honestly we can get a better one made.  At first I liked it but its kind of outdated now.  Lets start scouting some good videographers. I'll hit up that stealthcoin guy for sure.

Ah ok yes move on.

oldnoob

Why not?

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 10:39:11 AM

Ah ok yes move on.

Craig coin idea. Very good to sell digital goods like musik.......something for XBC?

Digital auction house – addition an auction feature within posted ads.  Each bidder with send coins to her designated address, and only the funds of the winning bidder will be locked in. These funds will be exchanged for the purchased goods/service  between the winner and the seller simultaneously.

subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:42:58 PM

http://altcoinlive.com/poloniex-xbc-btc
http://altcoinlive.com/mintpal-xbc-btc

@tellitlikeitis

XBC marketcap at around 20 BTC says you are right but can you actualy help XBC with anything? Coding? Web development? Design? PR? Brainstorming? I can't find a proof for
you knowing anything except bitching around.

subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 03:16:49 PM

http://altcoinlive.com/poloniex-xbc-btc
http://altcoinlive.com/mintpal-xbc-btc

@tellitlikeitis

XBC marketcap at around 20 BTC says you are right but can you actualy help XBC with anything? Coding? Web development? Design? PR? Brainstorming? I can't find a proof for
you knowing anything except bitching around.

I like bitching around so will carry on at it for now.Let's see you do something useful without constantly "BITCHING" about the wallet and mindfox."If it aint't broken don't fix it"......next

12+ hours burned just today to keep up with others' projects on this forum alone, at sections of forum which you - of course - never ever browsed or posted at. If you do that
you might realise how much time, effort and money it takes to build even a minor application or modify existing ones. If you somehow get a grasp of that, start working on long
term roadmap for XBC, let's say 2 years from now and then let us know what you came up with. Ohh and before all that make sure you are expert on most of cryptocoin matters
else you will surely come up with some impossible, unneccessary or irrelevant shits. Cya in 2016.

This is BitcoinPlus thread not StellarPlus thread. Do yourself and us a favour, go to Stellar thread and admire "smart" people who will burn 3M+ USD and achieve not much.

oldnoob

Why not?

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 09:20:38 PM

Why is it, every time I look into other altcoins, with super high tech stuff and bigger community and marketcap, I only can think XBC is the only altcoin that does matter?

Do I need to see a shrink?

GrounBEEFtaxi

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 01:13:41 AM

No Oldnoob, you're right and everybody will be proved wrong.  Mindfox knows what he's doing and look at XMR.........already problems and backdoors being questioned on the cryptonote technology.  I started laughing when I saw the reddit postings this morning hahaha.  We'll stay with what actually works........and build upon that. XBC is king.
GrounBEEFtaxi

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 02:04:33 AM

ALSO: I contacted the Stealthcoin Video creator and wanted to see what his rates were for doing a commercial for XBC.  This guy is really good guys just look at this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUN4K72cv10

I told him maybe we can go the sexy route(if anybody objects then please speak your peace).  I told him also maybe the black n white with Red orbitron lettering could be cool in the video also.  Like I said, all objections........please speak up and when I get the rates I'll let yall know.

- GrounBEEFMillenium
jjmv

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 03:01:20 AM

http://bitcoinplusorg.wix. com/bitcoinplus-main   ....is that done using some diy sitebuilder??..you would be better off not having the site up that doing that for image sake.Once the domain bitcoinplus .org is secured the site could have waited until it was done properly but you did well getting bitcoinplus .org so all is forgiven.Surprised that name was not adopted in the beginning?

Yep, the cms behind the site is legit.  Template sites are easy to manage and they're cheap.  I'd rather spend my time and money on other things like a really nice wallet.  I think XBC's image was ruined by the previous "teams".  Let's be honest, we inherited a disaster that needs some TLC...  I do agree with you though, the ads will be removed soon.  Glad to see that people are still keeping an eye out for XBC.  We need different perspectives to make sure that all points are considered.

About a video ad...  Coinerz's video had the old website URL anyway... There are companies on the web that offer things like video templates where you insert the message and logo and the rest is done for you.  Just an option in case all else fails.  Strata will hopefully have good news about a dev soon, a video will come in handy if we start a fundraiser for the wallet project.

If any of you want anything added to the site (wallet howto's, tech links, tech videos, funny videos, anything...) let me know and I'll add it.

Also, I need a history of XBC written up for the about us page if anyone is willing to help.  I'll recognize you on the blog and put up your xbc address for the community to donate to you for your efforts.

I told him maybe we can go the sexy route(if anybody objects then please speak your peace).  I told him also maybe the black n white with Red orbitron lettering could be cool in the video also.  Like I said, all objections........please speak up and when I get the rates I'll let yall know.

- GrounBEEFMillenium

Sex sells, but it's a fine line. It can be sexy, but I would be careful with it to make sure it's marketable to the general population.  We don't want to limit our potential community to just older men... Know what I mean?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: