Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:27:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Poll is over
Voting has finished
Voting has finished

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: XBC now with optional anon & encrypted messaging  (Read 76619 times)
egghead123
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:39:48 PM

I second the motion to keep the orbitron font that I've used on those adverts.  The more I thought no about it the more im starting to not like the "anime"esque circular Bitcoin  plus design.  The B looks tacky, the colors look like they're from sailor moon or something. The adverts I did(mostly tongue in cheek) were still intended to be a more professional and quick spot to make people remember BitcoinPlus(just the logo). I did all the pictures in black and white just so I can make the xbc logo stand out and pop into peoples psyche.  Yes yes, I know its not complete there insofar as a reaaaal professional advert but were Chuppin close my xbc champs.  I say we ditch the circular design and come up with a new design.  All so in second to keep the orbitron.  Unless someone comes up with something better.

g-beef did you make the logo on the OP?
GrounBEEFtaxi

Activity: 283
Merit: 264

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:40:46 AM

First off, thanks egghead for the xbc drop for Jjmv.  I'll send some too. 

Couple of things.

1.  If anyone wishes to see all the adverts I made all you need to do is click (all) and you'll see all the forum advert posts.  Just to see what I did. Some ate tongue in cheek, some are lame, some are good..but you'll see my attempts to make the logo stand out.

2.  My musician-dj friend, his girlfriend and I will be making a 7 inch split record. I would love nothing more than to use XBC as a platform to promote and send as a means to generate flow of coin.  Of course im asking for all opinions on this and more critical thoughts. If im not mistaken wasnt the bitcoin pizza transacted through a forum also?  I say we do this once my end is completed(not to mention ill send all my XBC champs a free copy).  Ill probably sell it at a five dollar mark but that would something to finally say "look, we mean business and now we have people selling their stuff through XBC."

3.  Ill send  free copy to Mindfox too haha, i think that will stun him a bit and make him happy to know music products are being sold through it.

4.  Yes, i do believe we should stay away from the bitcoin logo for copyright reasons.  Being called bitcoinplus I feel is good enough.  Maybe we should come up with a new circular type logo for the splash on the wallet and the welcome page on this forum.  Do we have any artists here? That would be phenomenal. 

GrounBEEFMillenium
GrounBEEFtaxi

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:42:52 AM

Would I technically be the first DIY vinyl artist to be sold through Bitcoin technology or has somebody else done it?  Well, I'll sign each one just to make em legit.  Myself and my friend are based in Hollywood area and were both pursuing our musician dreams.  We both are in the electronic field(I'm more of rock meets psychedelic dance, his girlfriend and him do dance+ vocals deal....futuristic stuff on both of our tracks).  Just sharing with y'all on what music we do.
jjmv

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 04:48:49 AM

I'm also a drummer for a rock band here in South Carolina.  It's always fun.

I made a bad click in dns and bitcoinplus.org is now going to zoho.  This will be fixed asap...  Also, the link for the draft website changed, you can find it here >> http://bitcoinplusorg.wix.com/bitcoinplus-main  

What do you guys like/dislike about the draft site?  Should we keep moving forward with it in general?

I've been thinking... The logo that is on the site now doesn't really look horrible and its also already on the wallet.  We could use the current logo on the website and the wallet until the "facelift" project, then change the logo on everything all at once.  The website launch and fundraiser with different logos on the wallet and the site could scare off users and investors.  

XBC's history is gonna make a good story in the about section...
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 10:44:13 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 11:24:18 AM by subSTRATA

No prob jjmv.Yeah maybe if peeps started removing some of their coins off the exchange if they are not selling might be a good idea.Too many coins sitting on the exchange doing nothing.Is poloniex wallet staking?Huh?

They said PoS coins are not staking because majority of them are stored at cold (offline) wallets and hot (online) wallets are locked. Also, network staking weight suggests that
none of exchanges are staking. It seems less than 10,000 XBC are actively participating in staking. It would be useful to know how many of 56,547.048639 XBC in existence are
actualy lost forever (corrupted and unrepairable wallets, abandoned Poloniex accounts and so on).

4.  Yes, i do believe we should stay away from the bitcoin logo for copyright reasons.  Being called bitcoinplus I feel is good enough.  Maybe we should come up with a new circular type logo for the splash on the wallet and the welcome page on this forum.  Do we have any artists here? That would be phenomenal.

I have done a lot of vector works, including logos. I made like 10 BTC at dozen of logo contests on this forum back in 2012. but I have also massively clashed with few communities
on logo designs so I tend not to bother doing any coin logo vectors anymore. Here are last ones I made, it was for Novacoin (NVC) contest that never ended - developer just went
silent on the whole matter. Logos are not polished, there was few occassions where logo contest creator just ran with finished works and never paid any money so I learnt to not
complete the job until I got paid.

https://i.imgur.com/BRKdx4I.png
https://i.imgur.com/GekFIg5.png
https://i.imgur.com/UeaemhH.png <--- this one is my favourite, coin logo would be rounded square format, not circle (just remove "ACCEPTED HERE" text area and that would be it).
https://i.imgur.com/0P460RL.png
https://i.imgur.com/fBDNDX5.png

I'm currently out of ideas what to make for new XBC logo, that is why I asked for vector of current logo, to have something to start messing with in order to eventualy get inspired.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
egghead123
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:21:46 PM

subSTRATA__Those are good clean lines and simple design.They look very good and even a simple logo with maybe some colors blue/white or red and black examples and we could choose on a poll or whatever.Some nice work there sir.
oldnoob

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

Why not?

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:51:44 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 02:09:44 PM by oldnoob

First off, thanks egghead for the xbc drop for Jjmv.  I'll send some too.  

Couple of things.

1.  If anyone wishes to see all the adverts I made all you need to do is click (all) and you'll see all the forum advert posts.  Just to see what I did. Some ate tongue in cheek, some are lame, some are good..but you'll see my attempts to make the logo stand out.

2.  My musician-dj friend, his girlfriend and I will be making a 7 inch split record. I would love nothing more than to use XBC as a platform to promote and send as a means to generate flow of coin.  Of course im asking for all opinions on this and more critical thoughts. If im not mistaken wasnt the bitcoin pizza transacted through a forum also?  I say we do this once my end is completed(not to mention ill send all my XBC champs a free copy).  Ill probably sell it at a five dollar mark but that would something to finally say "look, we mean business and now we have people selling their stuff through XBC."

3.  Ill send  free copy to Mindfox too haha, i think that will stun him a bit and make him happy to know music products are being sold through it.

4.  Yes, i do believe we should stay away from the bitcoin logo for copyright reasons.  Being called bitcoinplus I feel is good enough.  Maybe we should come up with a new circular type logo for the splash on the wallet and the welcome page on this forum.  Do we have any artists here? That would be phenomenal.  

GrounBEEFMillenium

GB. I'll buy your album with XBC. With some discount maybe Smiley ?

BitcoinPlus supporter: XBC: B7Df47bCFaNKvRhqnxq3VmZ2t8u7uuoT8p http://www.bitcoinplus.org/
jjmv

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:53:56 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 03:42:47 PM by jjmv

They said PoS coins are not staking because majority of them are stored at cold (offline) wallets and hot (online) wallets are locked. Also, network staking weight suggests that
none of exchanges are staking. It seems less than 10,000 XBC are actively participating in staking. It would be useful to know how many of 56,547.048639 XBC in existence are
actualy lost forever (corrupted and unrepairable wallets, abandoned Poloniex accounts and so on).

How can we get more details about this?  I like the simplicity of those logos... A simple design with a beveled effect, similar to the windows 7 start button, may look good.
GrounBEEFtaxi

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:46:12 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 07:20:35 PM by GrounBEEFtaxi

Some kid made a real rad video for stealthcoin recently. We might want to hit him up to do an XBC advert video for us.  I just saw it in the cryptocurrency subreddit.

Maybe instead of going the hilarity route we go the sexy route via his style. I'll contact him....see what he's looking for payment.
jjmv

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:39:26 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2014, 02:43:06 PM by jjmv

go check out www.bitcoinplus.org
the wix ad will go away and the actual url with be seen after we officially purchase the service.
oldnoob

Why not?

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:09:05 AM

the wix ad will go away and the actual url with be seen after we officially purchase the service.

Cool.

BitcoinPlus supporter: XBC: B7Df47bCFaNKvRhqnxq3VmZ2t8u7uuoT8p http://www.bitcoinplus.org/
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 12:06:52 PM

http://bitcoinplusorg.wix.com/bitcoinplus-main#!about/c10fk

Transaction confirmation: 4 blocks
Staked coins confirmation: 50 blocks
PoS maturity: 24 hours

vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 12:17:37 PM

Regarding bitcoinplus .org maybe we could register an organisation/foundation.Its function could start off based on research and development as we are still in that stage before progressing onto the products and services side that would require a company/commercial enterprise.

Feel free to add to this

This is what solarcon is supposed to do soon. Also tax exempt.
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:01:02 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2014, 01:29:28 PM by subSTRATA

Regarding bitcoinplus .org maybe we could register an organisation/foundation.Its function could start off based on research and development as we are still in that stage before progressing onto the products and services side that would require a company/commercial enterprise.

Feel free to add to this

The moment XBC community starts moving toward organisation, foundation, company, commerical enterprise or any other corruptable shit like those I will remove all my support.
What I hate the most are parasites in suits and ties sitting in some stupid board of "directors" or whatever else shit and "managing" stuff. If that is what you consider useful and
worthy of spending money, time and efforts please go back to real life craps, cryptocoin scene does not needs you.

No one yet expressed willingness to help fund even a better wallet - a neccessary step for further development - but you are already see yourself as XBC CEO, managers and so
on, can you be more lame?

If you feel an urge to do something for XBC but you are actualy incompetent, poor and stupid, it would totally and massively help XBC if you do nothing, thanks.

jjmv

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:48:26 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2014, 02:59:29 PM by jjmv

No one yet expressed willingness to help fund even a better wallet - a neccessary step for further development - but you are already see yourself as XBC CEO, managers and so

I made the PoS changes to the about section of the website.  If there are any other changes that you guys want (content, pictures, etc.), let me know.  (it looks like there are dns issues at 1and1... the website should be up soon)

I agree... the wallet update phase is a must if this coin is really going to make a comeback.  Is there a ball park figure or list of needed items for the wallet project already?  Are we following this list that you recommended?  It seems like a good starting place...

1. Upgrade XBC codebase to the newest Bitcoin - dozens of nasty issues would be fixed, database switch to LevelDB (faster startup and shutdown and less data corruption).
2. Icons for new logo and addition of it to wallet (Overview tab) - new logo is the one at starting post here. (OR NEWLY DESIGNED LOGO)
3. Fixes for dozens of (minor) issues specific to XBC.

The site will be a good centralized place to post wallet project plans to attract investors and new community members.  I can post the details and a donation address on the site after we organize our thoughts.  All in all, I'll contribute BTC towards the cause.  
oldnoob

Why not?

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 03:41:04 PM

Feel free to add to this

The moment XBC community starts moving toward organisation, foundation, company, commerical enterprise or any other corruptable shit like those I will remove all my support.
What I hate the most are parasites in suits and ties sitting in some stupid board of "directors" or whatever else shit and "managing" stuff. If that is what you consider useful and
worthy of spending money, time and efforts please go back to real life craps, cryptocoin scene does not needs you.

If you feel an urge to do something for XBC but you are actualy incompetent, poor and stupid, it would totally and massively help XBC if you do nothing, thanks.

About the new wallet. Good idea. And I am willing to contribute. But first I have to know more. How much does it cost? Who does the work? How long does it take? Can there be added some more things... included block explorer.... Included irc chat... Maybe more? When I donate I want to be updated regularly. Also can we attract some more people with the new wallet? Maybe some free XBC for the first couple of downloads?

Overall good things happen atm, my compliments guys.

egghead123
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 06:01:09 PM

Feel free to add to this

For fcuk's sake man will you calm down.It was only a suggestion and it was you that said main website for Bitcoin is at bitcoin.org so bitcoinplus.org would fit perfectly.Isn't bitcoin set up in this way?Is bitcoin shit too??Who the fcuk said anything about putting on suits and ties and sitting in a boardroom?Real life craps??where the fuck are we..in some parallel crypto dimension Huh
GrounBEEFtaxi

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 06:23:37 PM

Egghead hahaha, its just the way substrata talks.  Hes kinda like Samuel L. Adams "this is how I talk!"(chappelle show).  He's just passionate about his crypto.   I don't think we need a board either but yeah we definitely need a wallet update Lil chuppaz.

- GrounBEEFMillenium
GrounBEEFtaxi

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 06:28:19 PM

@JJMV .....good job on the speedy website come up mate!  Im realizing the website does t have to be super flashy....just straight to point, download wallet, know the story and move on. 
jjmv

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:08:47 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2014, 07:41:36 PM by jjmv

Def no "board" per se...
My suggestion was to stick with the original plan.  The 1% long term coin owners would have louder voice when it came to voting for features/changes/etc.  The bagholders would essentially act like a "board". It's something to talk about i guess...

"Operation Facelift" should be priority I think.  Someone may have to lead that one... cough strata cough
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: