Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:50:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Poll is over
Voting has finished
Voting has finished

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: XBC now with optional anon & encrypted messaging  (Read 76619 times)
egghead123
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 11:09:44 AM

Folks at least g-beef is trying to do something to help the coin.He didn't expect to be left holding the the whole thing up by himself.Maybe back off a bit in case he decides to leave too and there is nobody left only the tumbleweeds.TBH who could blame him?

Agree egghead... does youre wallet sync again?

PS if you have XBC and still think there is a future for it (like I do) leef youre wallet open to support the network

oldnoob I had to delete my wallet and get a new one but when I put in the backup.dat it showed zero balance as I think wallet was corrupted somehow.I used the import privkey function but it has less coins balance so maybe some coins are still to arrive in it.

Try this:  go to Help -->Debug window -->Console . In the Console you type: repairwallet   now  hit "enter"

Thanks mdtspain..The wallet itself is fine as it is a new one but I think what happened was I backed up the wallet.dat from the corrupt one I deleted.I should have used an older backup so I am going to see if I have an older one I saved before this issue arose.Anyway I have most of the coins back with the private key import.There are some that never arrived but they will probably come eventually.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 08:24:40 PM

Anyone having problems getting the wallet to sync?I am stuck on block 118285 even though have plenty of connections.Debug has some stuff on it    ........WARNING: ProcessBlock(): check proof-of-stake failed for block ...........ERROR: ProcessBlock() : block with too little proof-of-stake....connection timeoutERROR: CheckProofOfStake() : INFO: read txPrev failed

Works fine for me. Try running it with -reindex and then -rescan those two should fix almost all issues.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
egghead123
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 09:04:30 PM

Anyone having problems getting the wallet to sync?I am stuck on block 118285 even though have plenty of connections.Debug has some stuff on it    ........WARNING: ProcessBlock(): check proof-of-stake failed for block ...........ERROR: ProcessBlock() : block with too little proof-of-stake....connection timeoutERROR: CheckProofOfStake() : INFO: read txPrev failed

Works fine for me. Try running it with -reindex and then -rescan those two should fix almost all issues.

Thanks subSTRATA..I am trying to launch -rescan to find any missing transactions using cmd on windows but the command is not recognised.What is the correct prompt for xbc?
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 09:33:51 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2014, 10:31:30 PM by subSTRATA

• is not staking any more due to not having enough daily transactions to support the blockchain

Nonsense, PoS staking does not require any daily transactions to work. It needs just mature coins and unlocked wallet.

Thanks subSTRATA..I am trying to launch -rescan to find any missing transactions using cmd on windows but the command is not recognised.What is the correct prompt for xbc?

Create a shortcut for bitcoinplus-qt.exe file, add -rescan to shortcut's Target field and then use shortcut to run wallet.

egghead123
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 08:02:03 AM

• is not staking any more due to not having enough daily transactions to support the blockchain

Nonsense, PoS staking does not require any daily transactions to work. It needs just mature coins and unlocked wallet.

Create a shortcut for bitcoinplus-qt.exe file, add -rescan to shortcut's Target field and then use shortcut to run wallet.

It worked like magic subSTRATA ...you are the David Blaine of crypto
egghead123
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 08:10:08 AM

Topic:How do I launch -reindex   -rescan

Question:I am trying to launch -rescan to find any missing transactions using cmd on windows but the command is not recognised.What is the correct prompt for xbc?

Answer:Create a shortcut for bitcoinplus-qt.exe file, add -rescan to shortcut's Target field and then use shortcut to run wallet.

---------------------------------------------------------------
rescan reindex launching -rescan using -rescan rescan  rescan of the blockchain   rescan database   rescan to recover the coins  reindex launching -rescan using -rescan rescan

oldnoob

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

Why not?

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 06:35:11 PM

https://twitter.com/xbcplus/status/508621052436824064

BitcoinPlus supporter: XBC: B7Df47bCFaNKvRhqnxq3VmZ2t8u7uuoT8p http://www.bitcoinplus.org/
Kuttingcorners

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 06:56:12 PM

this coin reminds me of hippos farting
oldnoob

Why not?

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 07:54:46 PM

Can someone explain this  Huh

www.coinerz.com  Shocked Huh

BitcoinPlus supporter: XBC: B7Df47bCFaNKvRhqnxq3VmZ2t8u7uuoT8p http://www.bitcoinplus.org/
oldnoob

Why not?

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 09:02:34 PM

Hi, I gave all of the info to Azor at the end of July. This was a complete zipped up copy of the website I created, plus simple instructions on how to get it running on a new hosting provider. Also I gave all logins to the domain account and social networking stuff. I then bowed out of XBC completely until someone pinged me about 30 minutes ago.

It seems as though the namecheap domain account has been compromised and someone managed to log in and forward the site elsewhere via the control panel. The good news is that the password hadn't been changed, so I've managed to forward the site to Google (I didn't have the DNS records for the new site hosting). I have now changed the password again and will resupply it to Azor.

In regards to the Twitter page, I would think that the person who got access to this managed to do so because they could have accessed the MX records on the namecheap account and routed all @xbcplus.com email elsewhere. The bad news here is that the twitter email address seems to have been changed, so whoever is in charge will need to sort this out.

To be honest, I'm not quite sure why I've been asked for help here? I thought that XBC was being run by Azor, Crypto Yoda and Ground Beef Taxi.

Good luck Smiley

Good to see you back Coinerz. Can you tell something about te website coinerz.com and the XBC part on it?

oldnoob

Why not?

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 09:55:20 PM

Good to see you back Coinerz. Can you tell something about te website coinerz.com and the XBC part on it?

Sure - coinerz.com is the corporate site for our exchange at coinerz.co.uk. We also work with different coin creators on marketing, promotion and web development. The stuff we did for XBC was the promo video and the new website and we also created the XBC Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and GooglePlus pages. In addition to this, we also created branded XBC bottle-openers and mirrors.

We were also hosting the xbcplus.com site during the time when it was about to be included on Mintpal, however it was made clear that this was a temporary gig and XBC would need to be hosted elsewhere after it was listed. Since we had heard nothing from the new team since we sent all the required info, it was assumed that XBC was now running smoothly.

Having now read through this thread, it appears to be in a more dysfunctional state than ever before. Sad

Tanks for the answer. ........ and yes it is quite disfunctional atm  Cry. Is it an option you take over things again (together with GroundBEEF)?. If you read the previous posts, its obvious he needs help. A competent Duch guy (MDTSpain) also offered his helping hand, but needs complete open books.

egghead123
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 08:30:10 AM

@ oldnoob   I suggest you stop posting links without warning people what they are connecting to.Can you tell us here who has overall responsibility for the XBC official site and the twitter page you posted above yesterday?

You also suggested that we leave our wallets open.Do you know if the nodes our wallets are connecting to are safe?Who is also responsible for the nodes that our wallets are connecting to?

subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:28:26 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2014, 10:53:42 PM by subSTRATA

I'm also curious to know where Yoda, Azor and Mindfox disappeared. And why people at Poloniex and MintPal are so eagerly holding onto their XBC, refusing to either sell coins
for a little less money or buy some (to generate enough trade volume to keep exchanges interested) while at the same time doing just that - nothing. None of them are even
staking their coins! Probably half of XBC are just sitting on 2 exchanges and I'm actualy very curious to find out for how little money will those same people later become ready
to sell. I totally doubt many will just hold no matter what, after price starts dropping even more most will panic sell - so why not sell now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6ciY8u04Kk&list=PLA47D210CE9A3798E

Do not trade if you don't have trader mentality, you gonna lose all your money.

GrounBEEFtaxi

Activity: 283
Merit: 264

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 06:42:28 AM

I dunno about you guys, but I'm aiming to own 2000 of it.  I have no doubt in my mind it'll shoot back.  Mindfox is still maintaining the coin and I talk with him at least once a week to check in.  As far as coinerz calling me out, If I'm the one that "doesn't understand crypto development" then maybe he can tell me why he jumped ship and quit.  Not very good for "crypto development" is it?  I've tried to contact Coinerz a many times with NO response(not to mention I still have all of the skype messages I sent him).  Apparently proper correspondence is NOT on his list of "crypto development" principles.  XBC is here to stay and it won't leave the Poloniex exchange.  It will grow and to be honest.  NOBODY knows what crypto will come out on top.......in fact Bitcoin is looking downward so all is pretty much in the air as we speak.  Bet on what you believe in and continue on. CHUP lil chup chups.  TRUTH AND TRANSPARENCY. Much love.

Skype messages are below that were UNANSWERED.

[8/4/2014 11:49:55 AM] GrounBEEF Taxi: Hey Coinerz its GrounBEEF, XBC is alive and well.  I hope to GOD you're still with us and I'm going to be organizing a group chat on here very soon. I've been talking with Mindfox on a daily and we've got something brewing.
[8/4/2014 11:50:05 AM] GrounBEEF Taxi: I'll keep you posted.
[8/4/2014 12:18:42 PM] GrounBEEF Taxi: Ok Coinerz, so I've talked with Mindfox about making a mobile wallet which he is down with
[8/4/2014 12:18:58 PM] GrounBEEF Taxi: We have to probably organize a crowdfunding platform for him so he's rightfully paid this time.
[8/4/2014 12:22:11 PM] GrounBEEF Taxi: however, Azor just mentioned to me that you decided not to be a part of XBC anymore? I hope that is not true.  If you wish me to stop sending you messages than please let me know.
[8/4/2014 12:23:05 PM] GrounBEEF Taxi: However, a mobile wallet and a simultaneous design upgrade for XBC has been ok'd by Mindfox.  However he must be compensated this time so we have to organize a crowdfunding on the forum for him.
[8/14/2014 2:53:57 PM] GrounBEEF Taxi: Coinerz.  We need the site up my man, how much is it per year?

I've said it once and I'll say it again.  I am NOT ever leaving XBC.  Period.

GrounBEEFtaxi
maccaspacca

Activity: 278
Merit: 258

Twitter: @maccaspacca1

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:21:26 AM

I've still got mine, my wallet is still open and I have staked from 20 to 36 so far Smiley

I can't see me selling any at this moment in time. This coin is a phoenix coin and will rise once more

Until then, I am holding my initial investment.

oldnoob

Why not?

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:10:52 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2014, 07:26:33 PM by oldnoob

@ oldnoob   I suggest you stop posting links without warning people what they are connecting to.Can you tell us here who has overall responsibility for the XBC official site and the twitter page you posted above yesterday?

You also suggested that we leave our wallets open.Do you know if the nodes our wallets are connecting to are safe?Who is also responsible for the nodes that our wallets are connecting to?

I will take care more in the future with links and stuff. About the technical things I don't know nothing about that.

I am just trying to do everything I can to save this coin. I try to keep people communicating and try to keep this Ann alive.

What Coinerz said about bitcoin winning the battle over all this other altcoins is absolutely true. That's exactly why BitcoinPlus has such a high potential.

Again, GroundBEEF go and talk with MDTSpain and show all you're cards. Or tell us what you are up to and fast, so the community can help you.

Coinerz Thanks for explanation.

mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 02:13:26 PM

I will take care more in the future with links and stuff. About the technical things I don't know nothing about that.

I am just trying to do everything I can to save this coin. I try to keep people communicating and try to keep this Ann alive.

What Coinerz said about bitcoin winning the battle over all this other altcoins is absolutely true. That's exactly why BitcoinPlus has such a high potential.

Again, GroundBEEF go and talk with MDTSpain and show all you're cards. Or tell us what you are up to and fast, so the community can help you.

Coinerz Thanks for explanation.

I have been in contact with oldnoob and with GroundbeefTaxi. Olnoob asked me if I would be interested to help XBC and I was. So I tried to contact GroundBeefTaxi to see what needed to be done. The initial contact was very difficult....every answer took 3 days to respond. Later we had contact via email....that improved the case.

GroundBeefTaxi is not open about what he wants, or he himself doesn't know excactly what he wants. In any case that is not how I can work nor can any other programer. My conclusion for what GroundBeefTaxi wanted, was that he isn't looking for somebody to do work on the wallet or on the coin, but is looking for somebody that can make him a website where he wants to include XBC as a payment option. If I understood that wrong...then so be it, because as I mentioned, he's not clear about that.

To recap everything... I am not going to work on this coin, but hope that everybody involved in it will make it as BIG as bitcoin itself
GrounBEEFtaxi

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 03:40:07 PM

MDT, I've already sent you an email saying it wasn't a website/payment thing but an actual program that takes a bit from dropbox and a bit of things from other programs as well and incorporates it into a economy contained within the program.  The last email you said you don't do website payments structures and that you only do C++, which is what I definitely need.  If it's hard to understand than I don't know what to say, however I've mentioned to you that if you were interested to see what Azor, myself and Yoda came up with(all the notes on the pirate pad that has the details of Parthenon) than I'd gladly disclose the information.  Let me know please thanks.
GrounBEEFtaxi

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 03:52:26 PM

Everyone......the day has come, I HAVE EXACTLY 1208.83046834 XBC.  I am super happy, CHUP.   I will hold my 1,208 until it reaches Jupiter and I just wanted to let everyone know who has invested in the coin that I am here to stay.  GROUNBEEF HAS ATTAINED 1000 MORE XBC.  Grabs some champagne and cheers to the moon.

GrounBEEFtaxi........
GrounBEEFtaxi

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 04:03:09 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2014, 04:19:58 PM by GrounBEEFtaxi

Coinerz, just need the details on where the domain is parked and access to DNS(requested by jjmv on Poloniex).  Thanks and I'll try to get a hold of you in other routes just to make sure you get the message. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: