Bitcoin Forum
August 20, 2024, 08:19:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] RootCoin [ROOT] - rootEX™ announced - ANON-tx using BitKey™- PoW/PoS/PoI  (Read 271849 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Monkeys

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 09:03:35 PM

Hey guys, so I think it's time that the community here steps and and comes up with some marketing ideas for Rootcoin!

We all know that it is a great coin, and the price reflects that. Nobody is dumping anymore, everyone is patiently holding and waiting for the next update. However, that is affecting trade volume which has gotten quite low.

So how about we brainstorm some ideas to increase awareness of Rootcoin?

MIDAS COIN: Gold backed crypto! Sign up via my referral link below and you get an extra 1.5% reward! PM me for info =)

http://www.midaspool.com/ref/318

Sign up via my referral link above and you receive an extra 1.5% reward for your hash! PM me for details
Monkeys

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 09:06:01 PM

A great start would be to get Rootcoin added to another major exchange. However I don't know what is required to make this happen??

What do we need to do to get a Rootcoin on Cryptsy or  Mintpal or Bter?

MIDAS COIN: Gold backed crypto! Sign up via my referral link below and you get an extra 1.5% reward! PM me for info =)

Sign up via my referral link above and you receive an extra 1.5% reward for your hash! PM me for details
helloge
Legendary

Activity: 1057
Merit: 1000

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 02:42:24 AM

A great start would be to get Rootcoin added to another major exchange. However I don't know what is required to make this happen??

next station should be Mint V2 or bter, which can bring more people.

▄▄███▄▄             
            ███████████           
     ▄▄███▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄███▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄    ███████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
   ███████████▄▄     ███████████ 
         ▀▀█████████████▄▄       
     ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀█████████████▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄ ▀▀████████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
             ▀▀█████▀▀           

.CARDSTACK..............
...The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..Bringing scalability and usability to....
..dApps for mass market adoption......
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..TOKEN EVENT      .GET ON WHITELIST.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---Twitter   ⦁   Telegram   ⦁   Blog   ⦁   Bitcointalk----
Monkeys

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 07:03:07 AM

What do others here think of a referral program for Root?

I was thinking something along the lines of community driven referral program.

Perhaps something like a bonus 50 Root for both the referrer and referee for anyone who encourages a friend to download the wallet and load it with at least 2000 Root and stake for at least 2 weeks.

Something like that, though those figures are off the top of my head.

Thoughts?

soronto

Activity: 66

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 12:18:22 PM

next station should be Mint V2 or bter, which can bring more people.

Any leaks? Wink
bitsta (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

r00t-dev

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:24:33 PM

bter added us to the voting list.
https://bter.com/voting#ROOT

and i am in contact with other exchanges.
enunrom

Activity: 574
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:53:40 PM

This sounds great!!
Monkeys

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 10:43:03 PM

Perhaps something like a bonus 50 Root for both the referrer and referee for anyone who encourages a friend to download the wallet and load it with at least 2000 Root and stake for at least 2 weeks.

Thoughts?

Anyone have any thoughts on this idea?

Is it too gimmicky?

I feel like it could be a great way to increase activity on this page and to increase the holders of Root.

We could also do a draw for everyone that takes part could go in the draw to win 1000 Root?

Or, if Bitsta wants to get involved we could even do a competition to win a share in Rootex or something??

helloge
Legendary

Activity: 1057

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 10:55:40 AM

the exchange is good ,but the BitKey is key to confidence of people.

▄▄███▄▄             
            ███████████           
   ████████████▄▄    ███████████ 
         ▀▀████████████           
   ███████████▄▄     ███████████ 
         ▀▀█████████████▄▄       
     ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀█████████████▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄ ▀▀████████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
             ▀▀█████▀▀           

.CARDSTACK..............
...The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..Bringing scalability and usability to....
..dApps for mass market adoption......
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..TOKEN EVENT      .GET ON WHITELIST.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---Twitter   ⦁   Telegram   ⦁   Blog   ⦁   Bitcointalk----
geekeh

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 11:33:41 AM

Thoughts?

Is it too gimmicky?

I feel like it could be a great way to increase activity on this page and to increase the holders of Root.

We could also do a draw for everyone that takes part could go in the draw to win 1000 Root?

Or, if Bitsta wants to get involved we could even do a competition to win a share in Rootex or something??

I think it would be massively abused by people referring themselves (it's not like we can check ID) and after 2 weeks or so, we'd suffer the effects of a high percentage of people dumping all their coins, it would all depend on just what percentage of people became interested enough to hold onto their investment and keep staking it. I don't know how many we'd have to keep, 30% maybe? for it to be an overall gain for the network. I think the numbers you suggested are a bit too generous, people referring themselves would gain 10% which would allow them up to that margin for selling at a loss and still making a profit.

I'd rather any kind of benefit like that be paid in small sums over at least a couple of months, or longer (maybe 6 or 12), more like an introductory rate on PoS like you might get when opening a savings account.
S3MKi
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 12:02:47 PM

we need bitkey, no new exchange.
Monkeys

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 01:08:30 PM

Thoughts?

Is it too gimmicky?

I think it would be massively abused by people referring themselves (it's not like we can check ID) and after 2 weeks or so, we'd suffer the effects of a high percentage of people dumping all their coins, it would all depend on just what percentage of people became interested enough to hold onto their investment and keep staking it. I don't know how many we'd have to keep, 30% maybe? for it to be an overall gain for the network. I think the numbers you suggested are a bit too generous, people referring themselves would gain 10% which would allow them up to that margin for selling at a loss and still making a profit.

I'd rather any kind of benefit like that be paid in small sums over at least a couple of months, or longer (maybe 6 or 12), more like an introductory rate on PoS like you might get when opening a savings account.

Yes of course it could be vulnerable to exploitation. I was thinking one way to circumvent that might be to have people come on to this forum and declare themselves and their referee, and make public their Rootcoin address. Then, once the two weeks (or 1 month, or however long) had passed the community could agree that the persons are genuine and have fulfilled the requirements, they would get their reward. The reward coins would be held in an escrowed wallet.

Kinda like a community managed escrow so to speak. So, no newbie accounts, and people can only be referred once of course, although they can refer as many people as they like.

Perhaps the figures I suggested are a little too generous, but you need to offer some reasonable incentive for people to take part. I also believe that Rootcoin does have a promising future and that enough people will see that once they have their coins and they will choose to hold them, rather than just dumping once they receive their reward.

Anyways, I would gladly donate a few hundred Root to the cause if at least a couple of other members here would agree to do the same =)

Monkeys

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 02:08:12 PM

Does anyone else have any ideas for ways to contribute to Rootcoin to help strengthen the community ?

Of course we could all just sit around and wait for Bitsta to deliver Bitkey and Rootex, which he will do when they are ready ;-). But wouldn't it be great to have a strong community AS WELL as some neat features?

Just look at Dogecoin, the reason it is still here today and now increasing in value again is solely because of it's community. It has basically no innovative features, but it does have a strong community that comes up with cool ways to spread the word of Doge.

I mean, they sent the frikkin Jamaican bobsled team to the Olympics! If that isn't the coolest (and funniest) thing that has ever happened in crypto then I'd like to hear what is cooler =)

It's called Rootcoin after all, maybe we should fund some virgin to get his first 'root' or something ;-)

georgeandy

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 02:39:59 PM

Does the Dev still alive?
bitsta (OP)

r00t-dev

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 04:15:21 PM

i am always here (like i told you before).
coding&testing.
geekeh

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 04:45:14 PM

Ugh voting on bter is a pain, I have to open an account and hold a certain balance which of course almost all my money is in root, which I can't transfer in, at the moment I barely have any use for a bter account.

I've been trying to look at setting up a faucet but as soon as the searches for instructions just lead back to some sourcecode on github I'm lost. how no one just built like a php script that you can plug in any coin's wallet, get it up on hosting and be done? My thought was that if we could set up a faucet maybe some of us would be willing to donate our earnings from staking to a faucet. I don't know if there's a simple or automated way to do that but possibly a slight code tweak from Bitsta could fix that. We ideally ought to be able to redirect staking rewards to another address.

This leads me to an interesting thought / question would it be possible to have a service like an exchange that rather than charging fees is funded from staking the coins you hold with them?

Err Other thoughts on promotions, can we scrounge up a list of somewhat influential people with an interest in tech and/or particularly cryptocurrencies that we can send gifts of rootcoin to? We'd need a way to give them the private keys for  the addresses we generated for them, umm is there any way to do that? Like a way to send a message to someone that can only be unlocked using a person's twitter account?

Also we should create some sort of scavenger hunt type competition with a number of bounties and/or the chance to win a ticket for a prize draw for a large prize like 10,000 root. Make some of the scavenger hunt questions require people to have to do research on cryptos and specifically root coin, so that anyone who want to try and win some free money has to learn how promising root coin is. But also obviously make it fun.
CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 08:31:59 PM

we need bitkey, no new exchange.

I agree , with bitkey feauture rootcoin can join supernetwork

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
S3MKi
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 10:46:50 PM

I agree , with bitkey feauture rootcoin can join supernetwork
i agree, it is very important.
Warfare2020

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 08:23:38 AM

i am always here (like i told you before).
coding&testing.
follow with you ,never give up

Get Free VpnCoin, Join BitNet ! VgyrAqyecP8VZvDyEtEcq9E5AMyZjrULqp
butany

Activity: 97

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 10:04:50 AM

We don't need other exchanges.  We just need bitkey.
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: