Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:12:59 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] RootCoin [ROOT] - rootEX™ announced - ANON-tx using BitKey™- PoW/PoS/PoI  (Read 271834 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bitsta (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

r00t-dev

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:10:23 AM

can't believe even bista can fuck up ppl in crypto crisis days.   Cry

dude i am not fu**** anybody.

most of you guys are f*** yourself.

Seriously dude, this is not ok.

You put a road map of the 28th, then didn't tell people it wouldn't be the 28th. On IRC yesterday you said

bitsta> hey people
<huih> lol
<bitsta> no panic
<bitsta> just got home
<bitsta> i was on the way all weekend
<Ostabiz> We are waiting u  
<bitsta> let me sort stuff out and check all mails. i ll be here all day
<huih> wow u here!
<bitsta> hey Ostabiz
<StudioProject> no panic here man, just waiting for comms on status
<bitsta> i needed some days off
<bitsta> alright
<Ostabiz> No problems  
<bitsta> thanks for sticking with me folks
<bitsta> okay. give me a few.
<bitsta> i ll head over to office in 1-2h
<StudioProject> cool man
<StudioProject>  
<bitsta> and from then i ll be here non-stop

Then disappeared and never responded or came back again.

It is now the 30th and we still have no idea of the updated schedule.

It is your communication that is that makes people type things like this. Ie -- there is none, and when you say there will be it doesn't happen.

As you know I bought a lot at IPO, I've bought more since and mined a lot. I hold loads of this coin and haven't dumped any, all in all I probably have around 8% of total. I have been polite, friendly and patient about it but I am getting frustrated with the communication about delivery, not about the delays. I've spent years project managing large development projects, I know that delays happen -- like all the time but when they do really good communication with people about them is crucial to peoples confidence.

I'm sorry man, I really don't want to be a fudder, its not in my nature at all but I have to communicate my frustration at the lack of information flow.

If you don't have the time or inclination have you considered appointing a community manager that you trust to manage communications for you?

hey studio1one,

i was here yesterday and i am here now.
i am preparing a public announcement.
what frustrates me is the fact that most of the users here are good enough for whining, fudding, etc.
instead of providing any kind of support. i had a community manager. i even paid him/her.
finally she/he left. if you have any suggestion for a community-manager for ROOT i am always
open for discussions.

#EDIT: i ll release bitkey this week. and i ll push out a small teaser.
but be warned. it will be a pure (functional) beta (experimental testpackage).

and sorry for the delay. i screwed the timeline. and it also looks like i have to update
the roadmap cause i am not going to be able to release everything in time. but i am still
working non-stop on it. so please don't worry. i am here, and i won't leave.
bitsta (OP)

r00t-dev

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:11:54 AM

Pretty hilarious seeing all the day traders whine that Bitsta isn't building his life around the goal to make them money.  Thanks guys. 

/here for the actual technology

Let's not get too high up on our horse now. Can you honestly say that you are not here to MAKE MONEY??

I've been in this since the start, bought coins as soon as they hit an exchange and mined through the whole POW period.

I'm going to continue holding and waiting, but I can't say I'm not dissapointed.

What really gets me is not the delays, it is the lack of communication from Bitsta.

If you are reading this Bitsta, please dude just be more communicative with more regular updates. ESPECIALLY if there is going to be a delay!? You could at least give us a sneak preview of Bitkey, some code, a video of the alpha in testing, anything to show the community that this is more than just an empty promise.

I believe that Bitkey is coming, and I don't mind waiting either, but your communication lacks professionalism and you are causing uneccessary fear and panic by just missing deadline with no explanation or forewarning. Going on holiday just before a release date doesn't exactly look good either..

I don't mean to FUD, I'm just dissapointed and I hope you will hear my valid concerns and learn from them is all.

Good luck and hope to see Bitkey soon.

we re all here to make money. thats the main (only) reason for all of you beeing here.
and it s your/our right. i had to take the weekend off. sorry if anybody of you feels underprivileged
or so.

P.S. i am not messing around with ROOT/bitkey. it s quite the opposite....

I take my root profit,but you definitely a greedy person Cool
I feel sad, more and more dev like you Cry

people like you destroy markets and coins. not devs.
i am not greedy. i don't need to be greedy.....
well anyway. good luck.

haha,a very very greedy dev Kiss

haha. are u serious?
enunrom

Activity: 574
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:15:23 AM

can't believe even bista can fuck up ppl in crypto crisis days.   Cry

You put a road map of the 28th, then didn't tell people it wouldn't be the 28th. On IRC yesterday you said

bitsta> hey people
<huih> lol
<bitsta> no panic
<bitsta> just got home
<huih> wow u here!
<bitsta> hey Ostabiz
<bitsta> alright
<Ostabiz> No problems 
<StudioProject> cool man
<StudioProject> 

It is your communication that is that makes people type things like this. Ie -- there is none, and when you say there will be it doesn't happen.

As you know I bought a lot at IPO, I've bought more since and mined a lot. I hold loads of this coin and haven't dumped any, all in all I probably have around 8% of total. I have been polite, friendly and patient about it but I am getting frustrated with the communication about delivery, not about the delays. I've spent years project managing large development projects, I know that delays happen -- like all the time but when they do really good communication with people about them is crucial to peoples confidence.

I'm sorry man, I really don't want to be a fudder, its not in my nature at all but I have to communicate my frustration at the lack of information flow.

If you don't have the time or inclination have you considered appointing a community manager that you trust to manage communications for you?

I totally agree.
personally I do not bother delays in the roadmap, but the lack of communication is a problem, I've also invested from the beginning and have invested a lot more later.
I do not doubt even for a moment that this project will come out ahead and that will be very valuable.
But now at first the lack of communication is a heavy burden.

Sorry for my bad English
IdiotInvestor

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:17:56 AM

can't believe even bista can fuck up ppl in crypto crisis days.   Cry

bitsta> hey people
<huih> lol
<bitsta> no panic
<bitsta> just got home
<huih> wow u here!
<bitsta> hey Ostabiz
<bitsta> alright
<Ostabiz> No problems 
<StudioProject> cool man
<StudioProject> 

hey studio1one,

i was here yesterday and i am here now.
i am preparing a public announcement.
what frustrates me is the fact that most of the users here are good enough for whining, fudding, etc.
instead of providing any kind of support. i had a community manager. i even paid him/her.
finally she/he left. if you have any suggestion for a community-manager for ROOT i am always
open for discussions.

Bitsta, you have been more than fair. I am so frustrated with the crypto community because any success for any coin is dictated by bitcointalk. This should be a community that should help itself, but instead behave like children. I can nderstand some people being jaded by the amount of scams out there, but this is a case of investors with entitlement issues. I am fed up beyond belief at how stupid people are on these forums, no professionalism anywhere to be found.

Keep up the good work. These whining bitches have no idea that they are the problem with crypto in general.
Collegestudent

The blockchain is the future

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:21:36 AM

Your doing a great job other than communication skills, when will it be ready to release etc, would do nicely if told by a comm manager
bitsta (OP)

r00t-dev

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:23:21 AM

Your doing a great job other than communication skills, when will it be ready to release etc, would do nicely if told by a comm manager

hey Collegestudent.

i ll release it this week (as an experimental beta). thats for sure.
and i ll push out a teaser before.
bitsta (OP)

r00t-dev

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 10:03:44 AM

OK,

we've been talking a lot in IRC. Bitsta is really busy working on development and finds it hard to keep the community updated with progress and answer queries and develop at the same time. We are working on a plan to keep everyone more in the loop as to what is happening and when to leave him free to do the important stuff --- ie code the coin.

Watch this space for exciting updates.

+1
IdiotInvestor

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 10:14:08 AM

OK,

we've been talking a lot in IRC. Bitsta is really busy working on development and finds it hard to keep the community updated with progress and answer queries and develop at the same time. We are working on a plan to keep everyone more in the loop as to what is happening and when to leave him free to do the important stuff --- ie code the coin.

Watch this space for exciting updates.

+1

Fantastic!  I know what it's like to work hard on a project, the hardest being communicating with the outside world. My expertise is in filmmaking and the like. I have not been active recently due to real world problems, but maybe could help at some point.
enunrom

Activity: 574
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 10:35:19 AM

OK,

so a quick update as to how we are going to improve communication going forwards.

The strength of the community is crucial to the success of any coin. Confidence of the market, investors and crypto at large is one of the things that binds a coin and makes it valuable, as well as the features and functionality.

bitsta has been working hard on this coin since inception, but no one can be an island. A few of the investors, believers and holders of this coin have been communicating with the dev over how we can build not only the coin itself but the community around it.

With this in mind I have taken over as community manager for this coin, as I have been here since the start and think its a great project.

I will be having daily meetings with bitsta about progress of all aspects of the project. Rootcoin, RootEx and Bitkey.

The outcome of those meetings will be fed back into the community on a daily basis, there may be the odd day I can't post but on the whole I will be here every day.

I will do my utmost to assuage any concerns, answer any queries and provide info. Any questions from the community I am happy to feed back into my meetings with bitsta and then provide answers back when I can.

I hope you can all trust me when I say that this coin is in no way a scam or there is a greedy dev, very little was raised in the ICO, compared to projects with much less to offer and bitsta has been working non stop on it. I agree his communication may not have been the best, but he's a developer not a PR guy or a communications manager. bitsta also recognises this, which is why he has reached out to the community to build a team that can make the project stronger.

Welcome to the future of encrypted crypto transactions.

That sounds great, let's make this something big.
Thanks @bitsta, @studio1one and all you guys do great this community
Vampiro4L

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:00:18 AM

That sounds good but I don't think daily updates are necessary, something twice a week would be sufficient. Everybody here has been frustrated, even the dev, and yes 90% of the frustration has been due to lack of communication but I don't think bitsta should be expected to provide updates every single day
IdiotInvestor

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:41:43 AM

That sounds good but I don't think daily updates are necessary, something twice a week would be sufficient. Everybody here has been frustrated, even the dev, and yes 90% of the frustration has been due to lack of communication but I don't think bitsta should be expected to provide updates every single day

We'll see how it goes, happy to let things move organically to a level that works for everyone involved. At the moment daily is probably worthwhile because there is a lot of development going on and things are moving pretty fast. As features have been released and are stable then I am sure we will be able to back off a little from that and make it a little slower, the development cycle will dictate how much info we need to give you and how regularly.

The main thing is that the investors and community feel that they are 'in the loop' as to what is going on behind the scenes. We want people to be able to understand just how much is going into this project. I won't call it a coin but a project because there are many different elements to it.

Agreed. No man is an island, and a dev should not be a slave to the investors either. These are great steps. There should be a network of people who can take the every day nonsense burden off of bitsta so things can go where it needs to. Since there is already a connection with ICG, it should be very prudent to possibly reach out and get them to help as well.
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:44:47 AM

Updates once a week would be fine but daily is overkill.
Monkeys

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 12:06:25 PM

Good to hear ur back Bitsta. Sorry for venting my frustrations earlier, but as everyone here agrees it is only the lack of communication that we are worried about. I still have every coin from day one, not even bothered to dump and buy back lower during the few pumps since I don't want to hurt the coin!

As long as you can keep up the communication, I think twice a week is fine daily is way overkill, then people here will wait patiently.

Also as a long time community member here I would also be happy to put my hand up to discuss any new strategies for marketing and tweaking the sneak previews etc. I have quite a bit of experience with sales and marketing and I believe that things like sneak previews and teasers are really important to build momentum for the release of a new feature.

If done right, delays can even be spun to be a good thing when you instead give a teaser and SHOW what is coming and that even though it is taking time, it is coming and it is going to be great =)

MIDAS COIN: Gold backed crypto! Sign up via my referral link below and you get an extra 1.5% reward! PM me for info =)

http://www.midaspool.com/ref/318

Sign up via my referral link above and you receive an extra 1.5% reward for your hash! PM me for details
The Master

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 04:06:50 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2014, 04:38:39 PM by The Master

The lack of communication and information can kill a coin easier than even missing deadlines. People need the confidence and reassurance that they are not involved in a scam or a fail project. It takes seconds to post even once a day or two. Type it on a phone or tablet. Once in a while taking a break is expected. but long weekly breaks every month make it seem like there is a lack of interest or desire. I think Bitsta will do as promised but he definitely deserves the criticism he gets on his communication skills.

"He is dev we wait on his word when he pleases and the community serves him" Things change. When it was just Bitcoin and Litecoin and maybe Feathercoin could you could do as you please and not say shit. People had no choice really but to do so. But now in the area of 100's of coins and frequent scam coins this is no longer the case. If you are a coin dev you need to be active in a minimalist since. I know coins that have shit for innovation but a fairly active trying dev that posts once a day or so and often engages his community and the coin does even better than some tech heavy innovative coins that don't have very active community devs. A true win is a combo of the two. This is my opinion but I am very sure a lot of others share it.

TM
shogun47

Activity: 1806
Merit: 555

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 04:40:19 PM

I agree. I have faith in Bitsta. He has always come through.  Wink

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
burningzoul

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 05:08:00 PM

thank you studioone for taking on the role of PR
Bista has a habit of calling everyone monkeys and lacking some possible people skills
Your role gives a more professional feel to the project
i wish the best of luck
and still holding my root !!!!!

Smiley

thanks man, hope I can bring a little peace and confidence to the thread.

I also agree studio is a good choice for the PR part.
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 12:19:33 AM

but what happened to bitkey?
bitsta (OP)

r00t-dev

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 12:46:54 AM

small delay.
pigheadbig

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 12:53:03 PM

small delay.
what's the ETA? stll delay.
several days not here, do I miss something?
what happened to the price?
Edraket31

Activity: 1190
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 01:08:08 PM

small delay.
what's the ETA? stll delay.
several days not here, do I miss something?
what happened to the price?

no, you didn't miss anything. just a little delay for bitkey
what happened to the price? go look at the charts and you will see

Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: