Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:28:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [282] 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 ... 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810025 times)
girino
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170

Advertise Here - PM for more info!

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 03:11:02 AM

Also, a true solo only coin would make it much more difficult for these large farms to come in and rape the coin. 

So what you want is not to get rid of pools, but of large farms. In my opinion, this is bad, really bad. Borderline communist even. In capitalism, you try to avoid cartels and monopolies, not to forcefully redistribute riches in a "fair" way. In this context, pools are cartels that concentrate the hash power they do not own and put the whole market at risk! As with cartels, they do not control the money itself, but they have the power to decide who gets it. That's the bad thing about pools, if you believe in free markets, of course!

You must be lost.  I want a true solo only coin that can't be mined on pools.  There is no way that you can keep large farms from mining coins with their hardware.  But a true solo coin would make it so they couldn't point all their hash at one place.  

This is what you guys do, deflect and discredit.  You are now trying to change the narrative and say that I'm not trying to get rid of pools but large farms.  You then follow up with your propaganda and insert communism into the mix.  Anything that you can do to change the narrative and and redirect the argument to discredit me.  Go ahead and keep attacking me I don't care.  The more you attack the more you reveal yourself.          

sorry, but acting like a victim here is not helping. I am not changing the narrative, simply i am explaining that you are looking for the wrong feature in this coin, and that the feature you are seeking are not in the spirit of free market economy. Please be aware that i am NOT one of the ones calling you FUDer or accusing you of anything, so you have NO REASON to be this aggressive in your answers.

Now, re-read the post and you will see that there is no attack in it! it's a simple explanation about why pools are bad.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 03:14:33 AM

I'm thinking of buying the optimized miner, making it public, and relaunching this coin with the miner available for everyone at launch.

The first order of business is making sure that it is solo only.  And as far as I am concerned that should have been priority number one before myfarm got here and pushed his ponzinodes on everyone.  I believe that a solo only coin is a winner.  Something that anyone can mine and everyone has an equal chance to get coins.  That was what I thought this coin was but then that changed and it got hijacked and turned into just another pump and dump by mrfarm after he bought up a huge percentage of available spreadcoin and then got the optimized miner for him and his buddies.  His obvious pump and dump scheme was the last straw.

Anyone that wants to get involved and contribute let me know.  We can get together on skype or pm me and work out details.  The original concept of this coin was great.  Unfortunately that greatness got overtaken by greed.

Lets make a real cryptocurrency for everyone where everyone is equal.  Well at least as equal as can be.  Nothing is ever going to be perfect but we can try.  

Let me know.

Thanks

I hereby dub thee, "Aequitas Coin". Smiley

Tip : Pools will become obsolete if/when the coin becomes the pool. Wink

"Communist Coin" might be a better name! But hey, that's your coin, call it whatever you want!

Don't even bother with that fascist run commie vs capitalist bullshit.

Your days of gluttoney are numbered. Get used to it.

impressivecoin

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 03:24:14 AM

pool-mining confirmed ,without doubt.
girino
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 03:26:22 AM

pool-mining confirmed ,without doubt.

yes. And as stated before, this does not contradict the white-paper for this coin. So, no news here.

spreadnodes

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 03:32:51 AM

Also, a true solo only coin would make it much more difficult for these large farms to come in and rape the coin. 

So what you want is not to get rid of pools, but of large farms. In my opinion, this is bad, really bad. Borderline communist even. In capitalism, you try to avoid cartels and monopolies, not to forcefully redistribute riches in a "fair" way. In this context, pools are cartels that concentrate the hash power they do not own and put the whole market at risk! As with cartels, they do not control the money itself, but they have the power to decide who gets it. That's the bad thing about pools, if you believe in free markets, of course!

You must be lost.  I want a true solo only coin that can't be mined on pools.  There is no way that you can keep large farms from mining coins with their hardware.  But a true solo coin would make it so they couldn't point all their hash at one place.  

This is what you guys do, deflect and discredit.  You are now trying to change the narrative and say that I'm not trying to get rid of pools but large farms.  You then follow up with your propaganda and insert communism into the mix.  Anything that you can do to change the narrative and and redirect the argument to discredit me.  Go ahead and keep attacking me I don't care.  The more you attack the more you reveal yourself.          

sorry, but acting like a victim here is not helping. I am not changing the narrative, simply i am explaining that you are looking for the wrong feature in this coin, and that the feature you are seeking are not in the spirit of free market economy. Please be aware that i am NOT one of the ones calling you FUDer or accusing you of anything, so you have NO REASON to be this aggressive in your answers.

Now, re-read the post and you will see that there is no attack in it! it's a simple explanation about why pools are bad.

I might have misunderstood your post.  But I think you misunderstood me as well.  I'll just leave it at that.  It's been a long day.  Drama here on the forums, had a cat give a litter of kittens, and the house across the street raided by the police.  It's been one eventful day.  

Time for a couple of cold ones.

spreadnodes

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 03:37:20 AM

I'm thinking of buying the optimized miner, making it public, and relaunching this coin with the miner available for everyone at launch.

The first order of business is making sure that it is solo only.  And as far as I am concerned that should have been priority number one before myfarm got here and pushed his ponzinodes on everyone.  I believe that a solo only coin is a winner.  Something that anyone can mine and everyone has an equal chance to get coins.  That was what I thought this coin was but then that changed and it got hijacked and turned into just another pump and dump by mrfarm after he bought up a huge percentage of available spreadcoin and then got the optimized miner for him and his buddies.  His obvious pump and dump scheme was the last straw.

Anyone that wants to get involved and contribute let me know.  We can get together on skype or pm me and work out details.  The original concept of this coin was great.  Unfortunately that greatness got overtaken by greed.

Lets make a real cryptocurrency for everyone where everyone is equal.  Well at least as equal as can be.  Nothing is ever going to be perfect but we can try.  

Let me know.

Thanks

"Communist Coin" might be a better name! But hey, that's your coin, call it whatever you want!

Your posts always get to the point with a tinge of humor.  I like it.
girino
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 03:37:49 AM

I might have misunderstood your post.  But I think you misunderstood me as well.  I'll just leave it at that.  It's been a long day.  Drama here on the forums, had a cat give a litter of kittens, and the house across the street raided by the police.  It's been one eventful day.  

Time for a couple of cold ones.

cheers! And take good care of the kittens Wink We can continue the debate tomorrow, over a beer!

spreadnodes

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 03:44:21 AM

The method Mr. Spread used is the best you can come up with - at least without redesigning the whole PoW system. It has to be so anyone can mine, and if anyone can get work and submit work, multiple machines can. If you prohibit this in the daemon, someone will build a better daemon. What cannot be circumvented without a hard fork and everyone using a different client is the fact you must be able to spend the coinbase transaction to mine a Spread block.

You are correct.  

This drama could have been ended with three words.

Yes Pools Exist

That's all that had to be said.  Instead they went into denial mode.  That showed that they were not being truthful.  It's that simple.  It's too bad all this drama had to happen because these guys would not simply admit that a pool existed.  As with everything it's the cover up that causes the problem.  It's the same with politics, business, and most other activities.  Once they decided to double down and deny that a pool existed when in fact it did their credibility was shot.
spreadnodes

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 03:48:08 AM

Let me know.

Thanks

Your posts always get to the point with a tinge of humor.  I like it.

He's got this wild conspiracy theory about me; you should ask him sometime.

I don't know him other than reading his posts.  Same as I know you.  But you can never really know anyone that you've only interacted with over the internet.

I bet that you, me, MyFarm, and Hippie Tech could all sit down together, have a few beers and all laugh and tell stories for hours.
girino
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 03:50:35 AM

The method Mr. Spread used is the best you can come up with - at least without redesigning the whole PoW system. It has to be so anyone can mine, and if anyone can get work and submit work, multiple machines can. If you prohibit this in the daemon, someone will build a better daemon. What cannot be circumvented without a hard fork and everyone using a different client is the fact you must be able to spend the coinbase transaction to mine a Spread block.

You are correct.  

This drama could have been ended with three words.

Yes Pools Exist

That's all that had to be said.  Instead they went into denial mode.  That showed that they were not being truthful.  It's that simple.  It's too bad all this drama had to happen because these guys would not simply admit that a pool existed.  As with everything it's the cover up that causes the problem.  It's the same with politics, business, and most other activities.  Once they decided to double down and deny that a pool existed when in fact it did their credibility was shot.

I'm sorry, but i haven't read the thread with the same eyes as you. I have seen several people explaining that yes, there are pools, but they did not defeat the purpose of decentralization since anyone of the mines could steal the profits from the pool, so they would never be able to grow.

And then some people with big red letters started spamming like mad and all went to hell. I myself wrote several explanations about the pool thing, about the wild conspiracy theory againts wolf0 and about the "lost wallet" episode. Haven't seen anyone denying those things, only pissed off because "big red letters" would not   stop repeating the same thing over and over, despite they all having being already addressed.

Hatch

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 03:57:40 AM

Mr. Spread has given us permission to start a new thread here that will be self-moderated.  Please join us here and stop using this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=945972.0

Most EXCELLENT!!!!

Honest and open discussion without the sock puppet terrorists! Woot!
Hatch

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 04:28:49 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2015, 06:04:35 AM by Hatch

Actually, there also those who might be interested in buying into a project, and becoming part of the community, but want to probe before jumping in.

So let them probe.

If it isn't sock puppet bullshit, I am sure they will be able to get all the information they need in the new thread or on Spreadcointalk.org. And they won't have to go through hundreds of pages of crap to get an honest answer. This thread has been turned into nothing but a hater sock puppet hall of fame. Being that I am about 99.9% sure that most of these puppets are just a couple of individuals, even if Mr. Spread doesn't shut it down, I am sure they will get tired of hating by themselves and this mess of idiocy will wilt away on its own soon enough... Good riddance.
MemoryShock

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 04:50:27 AM

I don't know him other than reading his posts.  Same as I know you.  But you can never really know anyone that you've only interacted with over the internet.

I bet that you, me, MyFarm, and Hippie Tech could all sit down together, have a few beers and all laugh and tell stories for hours.

Rum would help...can't just have beer.

That said, I read pretty much all of this and think that if people were probing then it was pretty invasive.  But perhaps people think that is necessary since "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence".  

Evidence is still in transit, in my opinion.

I'm an SPR supporter and the little time I have had was used spent catching up on reading...which has been an interesting exercise in eye twitching.  Thanks for all the fish.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 05:30:41 AM

Be sure to join the new thread!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=945972
spreadnodes

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 07:04:45 AM

You can have this thread back.

I made my point.

I have better things to do than spend my time with a spreadcoin thread.    

People will make their own decisions.

I would wish you luck with your endeavor.  But I don't.

spreadnodes

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 07:29:14 AM

I forgot to mention   

You have to take the (No Pools) out of the ANN
defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 07:32:05 AM

I made my point.

I will keep posting this question until one of you paranoid delusional freak's answer.

If i have two farms in the same building and point them both to the same miner... I'm i a pool operator?
impressivecoin

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 07:35:21 AM

Mr. Spread has given us permission to start a new thread here that will be self-moderated.  Please join us here and stop using this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=945972.0

Most EXCELLENT!!!!

Honest and open discussion without the sock puppet terrorists! Woot!
Without those sock puppet terrorists,the world become clean instantly. Grin
impressivecoin

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 07:38:20 AM

I made my point.

I will keep posting this question until one of you paranoid delusional freak's answer.

If i have two farms in the same building and point them both to the same miner... I'm i a pool operator?
What if farmers all over the world can point their rigs to the same pool ? Is that a pool or not ? Grin
defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 07:46:22 AM

I made my point.

What if farmers all over the world can point their rigs to the same pool ? Is that a pool or not ? Grin

This is not allowed on nonce pool. Its a closed, trusted group of friends.

Go try to mine on noncepool.
Pages: « 1 ... 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [282] 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 ... 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: