Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:15:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 [307] 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 ... 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810025 times)
MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 07:40:54 PM

He then takes the MN code and changes that also.
I don't take and change MN code, masternode implementation in SpreadCoin is my own.

Your implementation uses transaction locking, block reward for MN?

That's basically DRK MN.

But, i know you have changed the code allot, and don't consider it yourself to be "taken".
The trolls will not agree.
I will say this one more time, I didn't change DarkCoin masternode code, I simply do not use it. Current implementation of SpreadCoin masternodes is very different from DarkCoin, athough DarkCoin is moving in the right direction so it will be less different in the future.

Which is why we need a name change. If we call it masternodes then it will look identical to DRK, and even appear that we stole from them. Spreadnodes, Smartnodes, Decentralized Masternodes, anything different. Without this it will look like a scam coin.

I'd personally be ok with [something] masternodes.  I call them "Spreadcoin masternodes".  If you want something catchier than that and Mr. Spread agrees to it, fine.  But, "masternode" needs to remain in the name.

Super masternode
Dynamic masternode
Spreadcoin masternode

Stuff like that is fine.

Spreadnode?  Nope.
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 07:46:13 PM

From scratch. That is the definition of a new item. Building it from the ground up. Like building a car from the ground up. When that happens you never end up with the same car. Another popular phrase: back to the drawing board. New idea, new name.

so if a build a house from the ground up i must not call it house anymore because it was build from the ground up? WTF???

What kind of house is it?

A hospital or firestation can also be considered "a house".... but they have been planned in advance and built with a special purpose to fulfil certain conditions.

In the early days, hospitals didn't look much different than normal houses... but over time people realized that those buildings have special needs.

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 07:48:11 PM

I don't take and change MN code, masternode implementation in SpreadCoin is my own.

That's basically DRK MN.

But, i know you have changed the code allot, and don't consider it yourself to be "taken".
I will say this one more time, I didn't change DarkCoin masternode code, I simply do not use it. Current implementation of SpreadCoin masternodes is very different from DarkCoin, athough DarkCoin is moving in the right direction so it will be less different in the future.

Which is why we need a name change. If we call it masternodes then it will look identical to DRK, and even appear that we stole from them. Spreadnodes, Smartnodes, Decentralized Masternodes, anything different. Without this it will look like a scam coin.

I'd personally be ok with [something] masternodes.  I call them "Spreadcoin masternodes".  If you want something catchier than that and Mr. Spread agrees to it, fine.  But, "masternode" needs to remain in the name.

Super masternode
Dynamic masternode
Spreadcoin masternode

Stuff like that is fine.

Spreadnode?  Nope.
I like dynamic masternode. I hate spreadnode. What is the node spreading? nothing.
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 07:56:46 PM

Super masternode
Dynamic masternode
Spreadcoin masternode

Stuff like that is fine.

Spreadnode?  Nope.
I like dynamic masternode. I hate spreadnode. What is the node spreading? nothing.

I hope that one day we will call it servernode.

At the moment I am ok with decentralized masternode.

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 08:05:14 PM

So how is the testnet round 2 going you ask?

What, nobody has asked?

Well, I'll tell you anyway.

We have about 740 DMs elected, and 1740 DMs are running.
So we are half way there (the goal is to have 1440 elected DMs)

It looks like Mr. Spread plans to slightly adjust the parameters of the voting process:

http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=93.msg1872#msg1872

So in the next version we will get more votes per block (not just 10), and the DMs will need fewer votes to be elected/deelected. (not 30 votes in the last 60 blocks)

This will help the network go thru the voting process faster, so that it will be easier to get elected.

This is important because we need the competitive game of "kicking the weakest DM" to start as fast as possible.

At the moment it takes the small DMs much too long to be elected, and that's unfair and sabotages the competitive game.

NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 08:07:48 PM

To be honest I really don't care that much about what any of these things are called as long as it helps SpreadCoin and helps make SpreadCoin a successful coin in the market Smiley I wouldn't mind seeing all the hard work paying off and the investors seeing their dreams come true for holding through the Trollocaust during the great SPREVOLUTION!! LOL  Also as long as Mr. Spread continues to deliver the features for this coin being easy to use for the first time crypto users that is what I think will definitely pioneer and make SpreadCoin a truly great coin Smiley That is what I've always loved about this coin is that Mr. Spread has always aimed to make his features for this coin as simple to use as clicking a mouse button Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 08:14:04 PM

To be honest I really don't care that much about what any of these things are called as long as it helps SpreadCoin and helps make SpreadCoin a successful coin in the market Smiley I wouldn't mind seeing all the hard work paying off and the investors seeing their dreams come true for holding through the Trollocaust during the great SPREVOLUTION!! LOL  Also as long as Mr. Spread continues to deliver the features for this coin being easy to use for the first time crypto users that is what I think will definitely pioneer and make SpreadCoin a truly great coin Smiley That is what I've always loved about this coin is that Mr. Spread has always aimed to make his features for this coin as simple to use as clicking a mouse button Smiley

Me too, names are important, but in the end they are not crucial.

It's an interesting discussion and I like how it has excites our minds.

I knew that after the trollocaust the good times would come back.

girino
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170

Advertise Here - PM for more info!

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 08:18:58 PM

From scratch. That is the definition of a new item. Building it from the ground up. Like building a car from the ground up. When that happens you never end up with the same car. Another popular phrase: back to the drawing board. New idea, new name.

so if a build a house from the ground up i must not call it house anymore because it was build from the ground up? WTF???

What kind of house is it?

A hospital or firestation can also be considered "a house".... but they have been planned in advance and built with a special purpose to fulfil certain conditions.

In the early days, hospitals didn't look much different than normal houses... but over time people realized that those buildings have special needs.

exactly, so while we use masternodes only for the same things as DRK planned them, they are still masternodes. When we come to use them for say, storing data, we can call them database nodes, or something else. For now, what they are is masternodes.

Advertise Here - PM for more info!
njs811

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 08:19:05 PM

Which is why we need a name change. If we call it masternodes then it will look identical to DRK, and even appear that we stole from them.

it IS identical to DRK MasterNodes. Its an identical masternode, coded from scratch, but still the same. And we did borrow it from them, even part of the code. So stop sweeping it under the carpet.

Spreadnodes, Smartnodes, Decentralized Masternodes, anything different. Without this it will look like a scam coin.

We will look like a scam coin if we do the same thing, with a shared code base, but a different name.

Didn't you read what Mr. Spread just said?

If you build the idea from the ground up it is your idea.
Yes, he did say exactly what i said: it is an implementation from scratch of the same thing.

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 08:19:48 PM

Me too, names are important, but in the end they are not crucial.

It's an interesting discussion and I like how it has excites our minds.

I knew that after the trollocaust the good times would come back.

Hahaha Ya I love that we can look back and laugh at the Trollocaust LMAO that's the perfect name for it too!! lol But yes I love that the old thread is back with people sharing ideas and having good discussions about the coin and the future state of it Smiley That's really nice to see again for sure Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 08:20:23 PM

DRK finally confirming short-term top in place. BTC going to find it's way back to SPR now?Huh
Any ETA on launch of Spreadnodes or dmn's or whatever the hell we're calling them?
JL

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
njs811

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 08:20:42 PM

Which is why we need a name change. If we call it masternodes then it will look identical to DRK, and even appear that we stole from them.

it IS identical to DRK MasterNodes. Its an identical masternode, coded from scratch, but still the same. And we did borrow it from them, even part of the code. So stop sweeping it under the carpet.

Spreadnodes, Smartnodes, Decentralized Masternodes, anything different. Without this it will look like a scam coin.

We will look like a scam coin if we do the same thing, with a shared code base, but a different name.

Didn't you read what Mr. Spread just said?

Yes, he did say exactly what i said: it is an implementation from scratch of the same thing.

Edit: This is no different than SpreadX11 or X11. Similar code, but 1 major difference!

Well, X11 is a good example. You are saying that my miner and wolf0 optimized miner do not mine X11 because we coded them from the ground up? So my miner should be called G11 and his W11?

Why not?

Yea, it would not be at all unreasonable to distinguish the difference. So everyone knows whose miner they are using.
antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 08:21:59 PM

How about this.

We all drop the discussion about MN, SMN, SN and everything else and let Mr. Spread decide what he wants to call them. If and when he makes a decision and some don't like it and decide to leave then fine.

I think we are all here because of the things that Mr. Spread has done and what he is planning on doing.  So I think we are here to support him, his coin and his ideas.

He will not not and can not make everyone 100% happy so let him continue in the direction he is heading.

And by the way we could still use some testers for the Round 2.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
njs811

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 08:22:35 PM

That's basically DRK MN.

Super masternode
Dynamic masternode
Spreadcoin masternode

Stuff like that is fine.

Spreadnode?  Nope.

The idea is that it is a decentralized masternode. Or Spread around more evenly. Spreadnode.
njs811

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 08:27:14 PM

Mr. Spread will of course make the final decision, but I think it's important to weigh in on the decision. If SPR's version of masternodes is different we need to distinguish that. Mr. Spread has determined that he designed them from scratch.  The average user will see that both coins use masternodes and assume that SPR is just ripping off an idea and trying to make money from it.  We need to make this coin easily accessible for every scrypt kitty out there. If there are rumors out there saying that Mr. Spread stole the idea then it will destroy the coin. I see great potential for this coin as does everyone else here! So I would be devastated if the coin failed due to bad marketing. It doesn't matter what we call the masternodes, but they need to have a different name so everyone will know there is a difference.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 08:29:53 PM

Mr. Spread will of course make the final decision, but I think it's important to weigh in on the decision. If SPR's version of masternodes is different we need to distinguish that. Mr. Spread has determined that he designed them from scratch.  The average user will see that both coins use masternodes and assume that SPR is just ripping off an idea and trying to make money from it.  We need to make this coin easily accessible for every scrypt kitty out there. If there are rumors out there saying that Mr. Spread stole the idea then it will destroy the coin. I see great potential for this coin as does everyone else here! So I would be devastated if the coin failed due to bad marketing. It doesn't matter what we call the masternodes, but they need to have a different name so everyone will know there is a difference.
I think what we need to do as a community is start trying to bring new people to the community and get the ball rolling on new money investing into SpreadCoin because lately it has just been stagnant Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

njs811

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 08:31:13 PM

I think what we need to do as a community is start trying to bring new people to the community and get the ball rolling on new money investing into SpreadCoin because lately it has just been stagnant Smiley

You are right, which is why we need to think about what brings in new investors. If is looks like we are recycling a coin then we will not bring in investors.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 08:42:06 PM

How about this.

We all drop the discussion about MN, SMN, SN and everything else and let Mr. Spread decide what he wants to call them. If and when he makes a decision and some don't like it and decide to leave then fine.

I think we are all here because of the things that Mr. Spread has done and what he is planning on doing.  So I think we are here to support him, his coin and his ideas.

He will not not and can not make everyone 100% happy so let him continue in the direction he is heading.

And by the way we could still use some testers for the Round 2.
We have all already agreed that Mr. Spread will decide on what he wants to call anything because it is his coin Smiley We are just having friendly discussions that's all Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

MyFarm

Activity: 854

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 08:45:32 PM

DRK finally confirming short-term top in place. BTC going to find it's way back to SPR now?Huh
Any ETA on launch of Spreadnodes or dmn's or whatever the hell we're calling them?
Testing has been going well and I believe Mr. Spread is going to release another build to improve masternode election times.  Thereafter, the time to mainnet will depend on if he wants to include his latest InstantX build or not.  If not, I don't think we'll be too far out.
njs811

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 09:07:59 PM

Hey guys can we take a vote on whether or not we should change the name?
http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=119.0
This poll is not for discussing possible name changes, but instead if we should change it or not.
Pages: « 1 ... 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 [307] 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 ... 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: