Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 03:40:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 [333] 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 ... 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810026 times)
Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 06:24:24 PM

-Go incommunicado for a week while testnet is ridiculously close to going to mainnet... Check
-watch SPR price drop to multi-month lows as shaky hands sell... Check
-buy 15 BTC-worth of cheap SPR... Check
-reemerge, say you've tweaked the Spreadcoin miner so pools can't mine it and say mn's are coming to mainnet........
-watch SPR price rocket to new highs within a matter of days as SPR's dynamic mn system causes crypto-enthusiasts to foam at the mouth in a frenzy of SPR-buying...

It's all too obvious now, Mr. Spread.  Wink

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 06:46:03 PM

-Go incommunicado for a week while testnet is ridiculously close to going to mainnet... Check
-reemerge, say you've tweaked the Spreadcoin miner so pools can't mine it and say mn's are coming to mainnet........
-watch SPR price rocket to new highs within a matter of days as SPR's dynamic mn system causes crypto-enthusiasts to foam at the mouth in a frenzy of SPR-buying...

Let's assume for a minute that you are right. What you are describing is very unprofessional and irresponsible behavior. You are saying that Mr. Spread intentionally went missing so his investors would panic, dump their coins at very low prices, so he could buy them knowing that he would soon release a new version and he could profit from this insider information. That is actually criminal and it does not sound like Mr. Spread at all.

ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 06:49:59 PM

Let's assume for a minute that you are right. What you are describing is very unprofessional and irresponsible behavior. You are saying that Mr. Spread intentionally went missing so his investors would panic, dump their coins at very low prices, so he could buy them knowing that he would soon release a new version and he could profit from this insider information. That is actually criminal and it does not sound like Mr. Spread at all.

I just wanted to say exactly that Smiley

It's like shooting in your own foot and pissing over your whole userbase..

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
needmoney
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1023

I am a good bro

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 06:55:43 PM

Don't synchronize  Huh

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
.Just.Bet. 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
TRUSTLESS
DECENTRALIZED
TRANSPARENT
..PLAY NOW..
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 07:34:10 PM

Is the rise triggered by an actual comeback or a speculated one?
Jesse Livermore

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 07:41:55 PM

That's nice. Tell him all that when he reemerges and SPR is rocketing.

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 08:09:28 PM

JL posted yesterday that Mr.SPR would be back within 24hrs.

Either that was to pump the price, or someone is in contact. If someone is in contact, there is likely some insider dealing going on.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 08:17:09 PM

Ok thanks Cool
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 08:36:14 PM

That is actually criminal and it does not sound like Mr. Spread at all

I'm unsure about whether the term “criminal” can be accurate in the context of a commons which is under no specific legal jurisdiction but I agree with your point about it not sounding like Mr. Spread at all.

Mr. Spread comes over as rather a private person with well-considered views (as do all the programmers of his calibre with whom I am acquainted) but you can catch glimpses of his personality here'n'there and it does tend to back up your point - e.g. Mr. Spread's innovative take on the value bound to pszTimestamp, a variable described thusly in a 2013 bct thread:

The phrase is hashed into the block.  It is meant to be a proof of date.   It is meant to be some fact that would not have been known before the date in it, to prove the block was made on of after that date.

A typical example is provided in an earlier post to that thread: “NY Times 05/Oct/2011 Steve Jobs, Apple’s Visionary, Dies at 56”. earlz's code reviews usually include an assessment of how well the coin's pszTimestamp value serves the proof-of-date purpose, f'rinstance his review of darktoken is annotated: Problems: * MODERATE: genesis seed is not a news event.

The value of Spreadcoin's pszTimestamp: “Bitcoin block #312971 ~1cbec6ee63d173ea4b2c645cdb162aae6637170ecbb43c15”

Which is rather elegant when you think about it.

My take on it is: if you want to get to know Mr. Spread better, read his code.

Cheers

Graham
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 08:44:01 PM

That's nice. Tell him all that when he reemerges and SPR is rocketing.
My thoughts were more of the 'Darkcoin IX has just gone live on mainnnet so we probably wont hear from Mr Spread for a few days as he settles down to analyse the code and see if there's anything he can incorporate and streamline for Spread's implementation.'

A week is pushing it though and I think it's more likely he's met with some RL calamity.

There's no way he's done a deliberate runner. His code was fantastic, it just worked, exactly as intended, no fuss. Basic MN implementation with IX was probably just one short round of testing away from mainnet.

If Mr Spread returns the price will hit 0.001 in very short order, not that I care overmuch, and what SPR I have owes me nothing so I'll hang on to it on the offchance.

I think some of the currently-testing design decisions (variable MN collateral pricing) are outright and utterly stupid - would anyone want a limited number of mining slots where only the miners with the most hash qualified to mine and anyone with less was kicked off and denied the chance to participate? - but Spread has great potential.
wow!NotAgain

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 08:44:14 PM

JL posted yesterday that Mr.SPR would be back within 24hrs.

Either that was to pump the price, or someone is in contact. If someone is in contact, there is likely some insider dealing going on.

Pump Dump.  Insider from beginning.

Just darkcoin clone.  Nothing more.  Stay with darkcoin.  
DeCrypterManiac

Activity: 550
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 08:45:15 PM

And the only "no pools" feature is gone too..
MyFarm

Activity: 854

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 09:20:41 PM

I've been pondering what the heck could have spooked Mr. Spread into leaving.  I don't for a second believe this is a scam.  And the statistical probability of him having something happen to him in real life at such a pivotal moment is almost zero.  So why would he leave all of a sudden?  We do know that he resides somewhere that crypto is not legal which would keep any of us on our toes.

Mr. Spread, if you're reading this, I'm the one who sent those coins to your donation addresses.  I noticed you moved them and wanted to see if they were moved to an exchange.  The best way to do that was to send some coins to the addresses and see if the beta.bittrex addresses increased by 100 or not (they didn't).

If that spooked you, sorry!  Nothing to worry about.  Please come back.
MyFarm

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 09:24:24 PM

Thanks, I do appreciate your response and hope others don't share your views. While there are always childish remarks that happen in every crypto community. A lot of the more active members of SPR were also and continue to be active members of DRK. thelonecrouton is a member of the DRK testing team, MyFarm is a large Darkcoin investor, georgem has done most of Darkcoin's animated gifs and worked really hard on the Darkcoin Bitcoin Rush episode.  So the Darkcoin community put a lot of effort into this thinking that development around the masternode concept was only good for DRK.

With regards to other Darkcoin community members posting here about their concerns, I believe it would be unfair to call that FUD, given the current situation has confirmed those same concerns about anonymous developers and such. So if anything those were clearly justified warnings.  

So contrary to your thinking Darkcoin gave this project a lot of friendly collaboration and healthy opposition. I hope others see this and help DRK going forward, their investment would be safe and they would get a fair chance at building something useful and longlasting. Cheers.

Welcome if you decide to join the DRK community.

Thanks but no thanks... I was interested and thinking about it until I saw the destruction some of you guys caused here... pretty ugly and totally unnecessary... if crypto is about community building and creating new pathways, the DRK FUD shared on this forum have proven me wrong... I have respect for what was achieved by the DRK developers, but that doesn't mean much if a community of destruction is built around it... you carry your name all too well... stay dark, it suits you...

I do believe in Darkcoin still and think people would be smart to join the community.  But:

1.  That Evan isn't currently putting masternode decentralization first is concerning to me.  I won't buy another Darkcoin until the reference node issue is solved but I've certainly killed a couple rallies selling into them.  As far as we know, Spreadcoin solved the issue.  I strongly suggest Darkcoin devs swallow some pride and look really hard at the Spreadcoin code.
2.  You have a couple highly caustic individuals on your ambassador team.  You need to take a BIG STEP BACK and ponder just what you're trying to do with your ambassador team and be much more selective with who you allow into it.
3.  At the moment, Darkcoin is still very vulnerable.   The cognitive dissonance coming out of Darkcoin makes me concerned.  As an investor, it's not what I want to see.
Jesse Livermore

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 09:36:40 PM

I've been pondering what the heck could have spooked Mr. Spread into leaving.  I don't for a second believe this is a scam.  And the statistical probability of him having something happen to him in real life at such a pivotal moment is almost zero.  So why would he leave all of a sudden?  We do know that he resides somewhere that crypto is not legal which would keep any of us on our toes.

Mr. Spread, if you're reading this, I'm the one who sent those coins to your donation addresses.  I noticed you moved them and wanted to see if they were moved to an exchange.  The best way to do that was to send some coins to the addresses and see if the beta.bittrex addresses increased by 100 or not (they didn't).

Just an FYI for those who still believe Mr. Spread is Russian...https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=715435.msg9154197#msg9154197
(Not sure why someone in Russia would have a 'Russian translation bounty'.)

All signs point to him being Chinese, very fluent in English, likely upper-class family due to his English/programming skills, he's on Chinese New Year vacation and/or sudden family crisis. His return is imminent.....
But just in case he doesn't return, yes, I still have my DRK masternode.
JL

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 09:38:30 PM

-snip-
Please come back.

JL announced yesterday that someone had been in contact and Mr.SPR would be back 'within 24hrs'

Have it from a trusted source now that Mr. Spread will reemerge within 24 hours....

that smells like pump. dump. run.

I would have put a few SPR (yeah, I've got a few now  Wink) on you being in contact with Mr.SPR or would have been one of the few that would have been kept in the loop.
MyFarm

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 09:43:20 PM

Just an FYI for those who still believe Mr. Spread is Russian...https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=715435.msg9154197#msg9154197

Interesting.  Good find.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 09:49:56 PM

Interesting.  Good find.

Possibly. Or possibly a double bluff.

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 10:26:47 PM

I'm now acting like a misbehaving dev, I already announced that there will be a relaunch and now I will probably change my opinion. Somebody may have stopped mining because of my announcement. Well, lets see how this donating will go.

I made an address for everyone who expressed intention to donate:
A-tM: Sfakp1H9msXAohGmnb2T7NWrtcBdwSxbid
girino: Sfj7CRRDetVRwztPMiKmC1bpjTaWKE7og3
zeca pagodinho: SQywGv9woKnvKRtrmbAQFzcZoQEx15vXQq
BITDV: SivziBM1qtAPMGn2FmAfzkuSqmFfut9zcf
Frigga77: SUyJUjU9dtJnWFg6BeLonGQRaQfBSG979C

I hope that I didn't miss anyone, anyway there is an address for everyone else:
SS2aRn8FLn7BR62Decbi3UQzRE8asPpSe7

EDIT: Note that resulting transaction may be large because you have many small inputs, so it may take some time to create this transaction, your wallet may appear to be not responding during that time.

These seemed to be on the move in the week before his last activity.
MyFarm

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 10:28:11 PM

I'm now acting like a misbehaving dev, I already announced that there will be a relaunch and now I will probably change my opinion. Somebody may have stopped mining because of my announcement. Well, lets see how this donating will go.

I made an address for everyone who expressed intention to donate:
A-tM: Sfakp1H9msXAohGmnb2T7NWrtcBdwSxbid
girino: Sfj7CRRDetVRwztPMiKmC1bpjTaWKE7og3
zeca pagodinho: SQywGv9woKnvKRtrmbAQFzcZoQEx15vXQq
BITDV: SivziBM1qtAPMGn2FmAfzkuSqmFfut9zcf
Frigga77: SUyJUjU9dtJnWFg6BeLonGQRaQfBSG979C

I hope that I didn't miss anyone, anyway there is an address for everyone else:
SS2aRn8FLn7BR62Decbi3UQzRE8asPpSe7

EDIT: Note that resulting transaction may be large because you have many small inputs, so it may take some time to create this transaction, your wallet may appear to be not responding during that time.

These seemed to be on the move in the week before his last activity.

Correct.  I noticed this and wanted to make sure they weren't sent to an exchange.  They weren't.
Pages: « 1 ... 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 [333] 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 ... 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: