Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:19:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 [334] 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 ... 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810025 times)
Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 10:34:34 PM

-snip-
Please come back.

JL announced yesterday that someone had been in contact and Mr.SPR would be back 'within 24hrs'

Have it from a trusted source now that Mr. Spread will reemerge within 24 hours....

that smells like pump. dump. run.

I would have put a few SPR (yeah, I've got a few now  Wink) on you being in contact with Mr.SPR or would have been one of the few that would have been kept in the loop.

A buddy of mine specializes in packaged tours of Asia. He told me that the Chinese typically travel during the Chinese new year with the heaviest travel days this year leading up to Feb. 18 and then Feb. 23-24, as everyone heads back home. My buddy said that this happens twice a year in China, the other being in October, and it basically makes our Thanksgiving travel in the U.S look puny.
Anyhow, looking at Mr. Spread's posts during the last holiday period in China in early October, he suddenly had many full 1-2 days periods of no posts and even states that he's "quite busy" (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=715435.msg9073639#msg9073639).
Overall, Mr. Spread disappeared the evening of Feb. 16, didn't give a head's up (he didn't give one either when he 'disappeared' from Sept. 19-24 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=715435.msg8897282#msg8897282 and then https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=715435.msg8951122#msg8951122 ), and he's likely enroute back to home right now.

Assuming he has been traveling for the holiday, hopefully this 50% price haircut during this past week will make him realize that he should probably give a head's up going forward.

I have another source which was saying the SPR price bottomed 24 hours ago. So that combined with the info from my travel industry buddy and Mr. Spread's previous actions pretty much point to his return shortly.

JL

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 10:44:56 PM

I'm now acting like a misbehaving dev, I already announced that there will be a relaunch and now I will probably change my opinion. Somebody may have stopped mining because of my announcement. Well, lets see how this donating will go.

I made an address for everyone who expressed intention to donate:
A-tM: Sfakp1H9msXAohGmnb2T7NWrtcBdwSxbid
girino: Sfj7CRRDetVRwztPMiKmC1bpjTaWKE7og3
zeca pagodinho: SQywGv9woKnvKRtrmbAQFzcZoQEx15vXQq
BITDV: SivziBM1qtAPMGn2FmAfzkuSqmFfut9zcf
Frigga77: SUyJUjU9dtJnWFg6BeLonGQRaQfBSG979C

I hope that I didn't miss anyone, anyway there is an address for everyone else:
SS2aRn8FLn7BR62Decbi3UQzRE8asPpSe7

EDIT: Note that resulting transaction may be large because you have many small inputs, so it may take some time to create this transaction, your wallet may appear to be not responding during that time.

These seemed to be on the move in the week before his last activity.

Correct.  I noticed this and wanted to make sure they weren't sent to an exchange.  They weren't.

That would have sounded more convincing had you used your georgem account. Tongue

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 11:28:23 PM

-snip-
Correct.  I noticed this and wanted to make sure they weren't sent to an exchange.  They weren't.

None of those have a small transaction recently, which has been moved. Moving coins would be an indication of some  internet connectivity.

Never mind.

If he is due back in a day or two, I'd rather people spent the time offering up some thoughts on real world USPs for SPR.

Hopefully it's not just a straight competition with DRK. That won't work. DRK is too far ahead and is facing Bitcoin competition from sidechains linking up with Zerocash.

Master Nodes have so many other potential applications. Picking something along those lines would make SPR stand out and difficult for copy/paste devs to attempt.

DRK is serious on focusing on currency and offering a direct alternative to Bitcoin. Other uses for Master Nodes are off the foreseeable future table.

rakesh1_90

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Fall seven times, stand up eight.

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 12:28:18 AM

The dev was to be online 24 hours back according to a member who had contacts. Well that time has elapsed too and now we can surely say that this is a well done scam.
MemoryShock

Activity: 728

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 12:32:44 AM

The dev was to be online 24 hours back according to a member who had contacts. Well that time has elapsed too and now we can surely say that this is a well done scam.

While I have some skepticism regarding the claim about sources (healthy skepticism), the elapsed time is not proof positive that we can conclude that Mr. Spread is not coming back nor can we conclude that this is a 'well done scam'.  That's poor logic.

Still waiting here...

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
IBGigglin
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1006

BCH Advocate.

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 12:38:09 AM

Also still waiting. Why abandon after putting so much effort in SPR. There's so many other options to deviously create profits in cryptographic currency. The return doesn't equal the time on task IMO.

Im baaaack! Looking for sig campaign. DM me if interested.
njs811

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 01:01:32 AM

But what profit was there? There was no pump. The dev didn't sell out. What did he gain?
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 01:02:38 AM

I'm not at all hopeful but will be very pleased if he does resurface. So much good work has been done and there are so many good people here holding on.

However, all this speculation about people travelling during Chinese New Year and it can last a week right though to 24/Feb, and it's highly likely he's with family, etc. Ask yourself this question: When in the last 15 years have I, suddenly without warning whilst in the middle of an important piece of work where I'm communicating regularly with stakeholders, gone completely offline for one whole week (i.e. not logged on even once to do a quick check for any important emails)?

The answer for me is absolutely never. Given Mr Spread's enthusiasm and continual interaction I can't imagine he'd be a person even capable of a) not advising he's going to be incommunicado for a while b) if he is "away" not logging on once or twice to see what's going on.

I know nobody wants to face the awful possibility that he's never logging back in again but if you ask yourself the above question the likelihood that he's just off celebrating Chinese New Year and hasn't gone near an Internet device in all that time is very remote.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
njs811

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 01:04:10 AM

I'm not at all hopeful but will be very pleased if he does resurface. So much good work has been done and there are so many good people here holding on.

However, all this speculation about people travelling during Chinese New Year and it can last a week right though to 24/Feb, and it's highly likely he's with family, etc. Ask yourself this question: When in the last 15 years have I, suddenly without warning whilst in the middle of an important piece of work where I'm communicating regularly with stakeholders, gone completely offline for one whole week (i.e. not logged on even once to do a quick check for any important emails)?

The answer for me is absolutely never. Given Mr Spread's enthusiasm and continual interaction I can't imagine he'd be a person even capable of a) not advising he's going to be incommunicado for a while b) if he is "away" not logging on once or twice to see what's going on.

I know nobody wants to face the awful possibility that he's never logging back in again but if you ask yourself the above question the likelihood that he's just off celebrating Chinese New Year and hasn't gone near an Internet device in all that time is very remote.

What if the weather got bad and he lost power? Maybe he just decided to rough it while he was locked into his home.

Edit: Where i'm at that happened to many people last year. They went weeks without power. Eventually your phone would die because you can't charge it. Especially if you don't have a place of work, or if the weather is so bad that you literally cannot leave your home.
RenegadeMan

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 01:07:20 AM

What if the weather got bad and he lost power? Maybe he just decided to rough it while he was locked into his home.

For an entire week?

We're speculating he's in China but we don't know that for sure. If we'd heard about some massive natural disaster where millions are cut-off from normal services, yes that would be a possibility. But he's likely to be a guy that's just as (if not more so) resourceful than any of us and wouldn't just let weather have him offline for this long.

njs811

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 01:13:09 AM

For an entire week?

We're speculating he's in China but we don't know that for sure. If we'd heard about some massive natural disaster where millions are cut-off from normal services, yes that would be a possibility. But he's likely to be a guy that's just as (if not more so) resourceful than any of us and wouldn't just let weather have him offline for this long.

Wouldn't have to be millions. The weather would only have to get cold enough to kill a power station. Or snow say 8 feet?

Weather for Harbin China:
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Harbin+China+CHXX0046:1:CH

Or even Russia. Everyone knows how cold it is in Russia. Just because people get snowed in doesn't mean it will be heard worldwide. Especially with the Chinese government. They don't want the world to hear anything bad about them. You can't paint him up to be a god. It is entirely plausible that he is going without power for a week. That happens across the world all the time.
RenegadeMan

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 01:20:21 AM

For an entire week?

Wouldn't have to be millions. The weather would only have to get cold enough to kill a power station. Or snow say 8 feet?

Or even Russia. Everyone knows how cold it is in Russia. Just because people get snowed in doesn't mean it will be heard worldwide. Especially with the Chinese government. They don't want the world to hear anything bad about them. You can't paint him up to be a god. It is entirely plausible that he is going without power for a week. That happens across the world all the time.

Well that's true that this could happen and it may not make the mainstream media. However, I'd still expect he'd be a pretty resourceful fellow and would've found a way to at least get online and post a message telling us he's holed up by some extreme event.

Hopefully he'll suddenly appear with stories of Godzilla having taken out most of the city where he lives and that he only managed to get out at the last moment but then had to deal with the walking dead.....

njs811

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 01:22:08 AM

For an entire week?

Well that's true that this could happen and it may not make the mainstream media. However, I'd still expect he'd be a pretty resourceful fellow and would've found a way to at least get online and post a message telling us he's holed up by some extreme event.

Hopefully he'll suddenly appear with stories of Godzilla having taken out most of the city where he lives and that he only managed to get out at the last moment but then had to deal with the walking dead.....

He may be more concerned with finding water or food at the moment.
RenegadeMan

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 01:26:38 AM

Stop being so selfish worrying about your investment.
I am more worried about Mr Spread than i am about my investment. I hope nothing happened to him or his family or any bad thing i really hope no natural disaster cut off power where he lives. And i honestly serenely hope he is doing alright. I care about that more than i care for my investment. Because it is only money. And money is not everything.

Did I even mention "my investment"Huh?

I'm just as concerned for him but I'm trying to get people to think through the reality of what's going on. He's clearly a good and talented guy and the travesty is that if he never logs back on again we won't ever know what happened.

I really hope he does resurface and there's validity to what ever's caused this lengthy absence.

njs811

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 01:30:07 AM

Stop being so selfish worrying about your investment.
I am more worried about Mr Spread than i am about my investment. I hope nothing happened to him or his family or any bad thing i really hope no natural disaster cut off power where he lives. And i honestly serenely hope he is doing alright. I care about that more than i care for my investment. Because it is only money. And money is not everything.

Did I even mention "my investment"Huh?

I'm just as concerned for him but I'm trying to get people to think through the reality of what's going on. He's clearly a good and talented guy and the travesty is that if he never logs back on again we won't ever know what happened.

I really hope he does resurface and there's validity to what ever's caused this lengthy absence.

Yea I have to side with RenegadeMan. I didn't see him claiming anything about his investment, and neither was I.
rakesh1_90

Activity: 686

Fall seven times, stand up eight.

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 01:45:14 AM

Noobs.....you guys are so hopeful!!! I pity your condition!
njs811

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 01:51:32 AM

Noobs.....you guys are so hopeful!!! I pity your condition!

And you have other news?
IBGigglin
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1006

BCH Advocate.

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 03:08:22 AM

To be honest if I had the same skill set as a top dev with my mentality this is exactly what I would do. In three days you could have accumulated a huge amount of your SPR from weak hands. Who knows... In the next week holders, like myself, will either go down with another sinking ship or congratulate our rationality and move forward. As I've stated before I really hope this project continues the momentum it's had and Mr. Spread returns. If not this really is a shame.

Im baaaack! Looking for sig campaign. DM me if interested.
njs811

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 03:16:00 AM

To be honest if I had the same skill set as a top dev with my mentality this is exactly what I would do. In three days you could have accumulated a huge amount of your SPR from weak hands. Who knows... In the next week holders, like myself, will either go down with another sinking ship or congratulate our rationality and move forward. As I've stated before I really hope this project continues the momentum it's had and Mr. Spread returns. If not this really is a shame.

Even if he doesn't return i'm not terribly worried. There is so much talk on Spreadcoin.net right now. Several of the guys are trying to pick the project up themselves and run with it. If Mr. Spread doesn't return it sounds like the coin might be even better for it.
Propulsion

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 03:18:49 AM

I just feel bad for Georgem. Time and effort gone to waste if this anonymous dev doesn't return.
Pages: « 1 ... 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 [334] 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 ... 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: