Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:42:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 223 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW ZenCloud ZenPool Hashlet - does it really exist? ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :-)  (Read 262834 times)
MOB

Activity: 493
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 08:35:56 PM

Well, I still appreciated the straight answer on those points.

A Hashlet is a share in GAW's IPO.  It is not a miner and mining does not comprise the majority of what GAW does.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MOB

Activity: 493
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 08:37:54 PM

Josh agreed to answer a few questions via email, so I asked him about the Zenpool payouts.  His responses are in italics.

5.  If there is some other source of payments that gets put into the Zenpool, can you tell me what that source is in a general way?
The majority of income comes from private companies leasing hashing power for us for specific experiences/projects they are doing.

Not bad. Basically a black box. I wonder though where those private companies are hiding that hashpower and why.

Except you can't hide hashing power, you can hide the location of the hardware, the company running it. But you can't hide say 100ghs being added to a coin who's network is currently 100ghs, your going to make a splash, unless you do like coinking and split your hashing power among several at the same time, but if you do that you lower your potential profits.

#5 puzzled me as well, but I assumed that anyone who would rent this power would not be using it for hashing cryptocurrencies.  If they did, then we would be back at the same problem we always have with GAW hashrates.

So, what does one rent ASICs for?  How could they do anything other than their set type of hash?  You can't change that, so does GAW have a data center that is not comprised of ASICs then?
Stargazer

Activity: 641
Merit: 253

▰▰▰ Global Cryptocurrency Paymen

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 08:42:44 PM

Without knowing any background, how could you have "known"Huh?
I still believe that the at the very least, the hashlets in the wild now are backed by hardware, the vaultbreakers are/were 750mhs a piece and while its hard to tell size in a photoshop mockup, it appears to fit in a u2 or u3 rack.

A member of hashtalk created this site https://xively.com/feeds/1229182496
If that # is representative of hardware, 482 vaultbreakers @ 750 each is all thats needed for the current poolsize.

Again, I do believe the hardware is real, what I have issue with is how josh lacks to explain anything in any more detail than, we make you lots more muny than the udders doo. As I have had time to process all of this I am beginning to lean towards the idea that josh and his board, etc are just out of their depths. They saw a market they could dominate by tossing millions at without educating themselves on the fundamentals, nor how to actually interact with and explain your offering to those customers who are smarter than your average bear.

When they showed the pictures people started saying that they are pretty and asking if they'll look like this and someone responded that this is just a presentation and the original miners are completely different. Anyway people didn't need much time to sort this out.

I think Vaultbreakers don't exist yet, but I haven't seen GAW say otherwise. They also said that you'll be getting free hash while waiting for the product so I can't see anything bad here.

I've read that thread that got closed yesterday and seen people on hashtalk say that the questions weren't answered because you were violating the rules and stuff, so maybe you could choose a person that isn't banned yet and make him post a really polite request. Hold the sarcasm and threats, and we'll see if you get banned for it. If you do maybe I'll change my mind about the whole thing.

suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 08:43:42 PM

This is interesting, BUT allow me to play devils advocate for a moment. There are plenty of chip design/fab companies the world over that we have never heard of. If I was attempting to create a groundbreaking product for something like crypto mining I would be in contact with multiple design firms at the same time, the first one to give me a working prototype that met the specs I had laid out gets the contract. Its possible that because flower couldn't get there chips done in time he went with another company.

Possible but highly improbable IMHO. Why then the CEO would not come out and say - we have nothing in common with Flower/Ensilica, we have a reliable supplier, you pre-orders are safe. I mean I can understand if not agree with the secrecy around hashlets, but there is no reason why they couldn't address the question of shipped Vaultbreakers by denying a well known rumor. Besides these things take time, a lot of it, and even the original timeline was highly optimistic, let alone having 500 Vaultbreakers a month early. I'm still fairly confident they don't and won't have them, not this year anyway.
rdyoung
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 08:46:49 PM

I still believe that the at the very least, the hashlets in the wild now are backed by hardware, the vaultbreakers are/were 750mhs a piece and while its hard to tell size in a photoshop mockup, it appears to fit in a u2 or u3 rack.

If that # is representative of hardware, 482 vaultbreakers @ 750 each is all thats needed for the current poolsize.

Again, I do believe the hardware is real, what I have issue with is how josh lacks to explain anything in any more detail than, we make you lots more muny than the udders doo. As I have had time to process all of this I am beginning to lean towards the idea that josh and his board, etc are just out of their depths. They saw a market they could dominate by tossing millions at without educating themselves on the fundamentals, nor how to actually interact with and explain your offering to those customers who are smarter than your average bear.

When they showed the pictures people started saying that they are pretty and asking if they'll look like this and someone responded that this is just a presentation and the original miners are completely different. Anyway people didn't need much time to sort this out.

I think Vaultbreakers don't exist yet, but I haven't seen GAW say otherwise. They also said that you'll be getting free hash while waiting for the product so I can't see anything bad here.

I've read that thread that got closed yesterday and seen people on hashtalk say that the questions weren't answered because you were violating the rules and stuff, so maybe you could choose a person that isn't banned yet and make him post a really polite request. Hold the sarcasm and threats, and we'll see if you get banned for it. If you do maybe I'll change my mind about the whole thing.

I am not sure what side of this issue your on. Your posts are continually contrary to the last one. As for the violating rules and stuff, thats a bunch of hokem. They didn't like that we were asking the tougher questions and expecting a response, the only way to deal with that is to lock a thread and then ban the "culprits". A polite question isn't going to get answered, my questions were polite and volders response was "If you don't trust gaw, then this isn't for you". You can't get through that cult mentality with politeness, you have to be unrelenting if you want answers.
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 08:50:43 PM

This is interesting, BUT allow me to play devils advocate for a moment. There are plenty of chip design/fab companies the world over that we have never heard of. If I was attempting to create a groundbreaking product for something like crypto mining I would be in contact with multiple design firms at the same time, the first one to give me a working prototype that met the specs I had laid out gets the contract. Its possible that because flower couldn't get there chips done in time he went with another company.

Possible but highly improbable IMHO. Why then the CEO would not come out and say - we have nothing in common with Flower/Ensilica, we have a reliable supplier, you pre-orders are safe. I mean I can understand if not agree with the secrecy around hashlets, but there is no reason why they couldn't address the question of shipped Vaultbreakers by denying a well known rumor. Besides these things take time, a lot of it, and even the original timeline was highly optimistic, let alone having 500 Vaultbreakers a month early. I'm still fairly confident they don't and won't have them, not this year anyway.

Still wearing devils advocate hat:

Because josh has no clue what he is doing. His original business was providing wireless service to under serviced communities, IE out in the middle of nowhere. Designing/Building/Installing a wireless tower and running the backend servers to support those towers are nothing like crypto.

Its quite possible that josh looks guilty because he doesn't have the ability to express himself properly. He could be so nervous dealing with the public that he comes off like he does when he doesn't have anything to be nervous about.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 08:51:39 PM

Do you have any IT, programming, hardware knowledge/experience at all? Have you run hardware miners yourself? Have you built/repaired pcs/laptops from scratch? Did you read my entire post? There is plenty of gaw hardware in the wild, again, I am running 2 at the moment while sorting out an rma issue on the third. Considering the money they likely made on their first generation of mining hardware I find it difficult to dismiss the vaultbreaker as a phantom. I also find it curious that they only offered 2 batches of vaultbreakers. Its likely that the whole "prime" thing evolved sometime during the design of the vaultbreakers as a way to take things to a new level.

Where did you get your PhD in Computer Science/EE ?

All I can say about your wishful thinking is:

s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 08:57:47 PM

When Vaultbreaker was announced it was assumed it's based on the same chips as Flower Tech, for a couple of reasons: CEO had mentioned Flower as one of companies he was talking to, and specs seemed to match. Flower recently announced that they failed to produce their miner and postponed delivery until February. GAW insists they will still deliver on time, i.e. end of Q3 / beginning of Q4.

If GAW releases a VB before February, it will be a new color of hashlets. I don't expect to see a physical VB before end Q1 2015, at which time they will be pretty useless.

~L)L~
s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 08:59:42 PM

Its quite possible that josh looks guilty because he doesn't have the ability to express himself properly. He could be so nervous dealing with the public that he comes off like he does when he doesn't have anything to be nervous about.

More Content Rated 'B' from rdyoung. How old are you son ?

Homero Garza doesn't look guilty to me, he looks like he's having a laugh on all of you believers.
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 09:07:04 PM

More Content Rated 'B' from rdyoung. How old are you son ?

Homero Garza doesn't look guilty to me, he looks like he's having a laugh on all of you believers.

Are you trolling just to troll? Did you not see the part where I said let me play devils advocate? I learned many moons ago that you can't argue successfully for one side of an issue unless you can also argue the counter.

Any chance I already have one or more of your alteregos on my ignore list? Cause this one is about to be added to it.
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 09:10:43 PM

I am not sure what side of this issue your on. Your posts are continually contrary to the last one. As for the violating rules and stuff, thats a bunch of hokem. They didn't like that we were asking the tougher questions and expecting a response, the only way to deal with that is to lock a thread and then ban the "culprits". A polite question isn't going to get answered, my questions were polite and volders response was "If you don't trust gaw, then isn't for you". You can't get through that cult mentality with politeness, you have to be unrelenting if you want answers.
Do you really think you were polite? I remember you offended the moderators in your first post. It's their playground, play by their rules!

Really? Please show me where I offended the mods in the first post? I did kindly ask volder to let the adults get some work done if he couldn't answer my questions, that shouldn't be offensive, thats the PC way of saying fuck off.
I also did reply to someone trolling with something that could be deemed offensive if you were a toddler. Its obvious that the people I was engaged in over there can't handle the use of comparisons and examples in an attempt to make a point. If I said a squash is kind of like a pumpkin, they would think I was calling them a pumpkin.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 09:14:04 PM

Any chance I already have one or more of your alteregos on my ignore list? Cause this one is about to be added to it.

You can ignore me all you want you stupid dumb fuck.
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 09:15:02 PM

You can ignore me all you want you stupid dumb fuck.

And we have a winner...
s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 09:37:21 PM

And we have a winner...

With people of the stature of Gavin Andressen asking questions, and the lack of adequate answers to many of the reasonable doubts expressed here, the burden of proof is on Homero, not on the doubters. Your actions and words only serve to obfuscate this simple fact.

Go play cat and mouse with the other shills and trolls. Lets have some transparency and answers from GAW. Here. In a forum where dissenting opinion can not be deleted by GAW. Now.

And keep your hypothetical excuses for GAW for those who are satisfied with excuses instead of transparency and fact.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 09:38:59 PM

I did kindly ask volder to let the adults get some work done if he couldn't answer my questions, that shouldn't be offensive, thats the PC way of saying fuck off.

That would be correct for a normal person, but not for volder the self-proclaimed whale investor and inside trader with moderator powers... well you learned your lesson Smiley

There are a couple of other resellers that you should probably stay away when you get back, forgot their names, but I think you know who I'm talking about.
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 09:41:54 PM

I did kindly ask volder to let the adults get some work done if he couldn't answer my questions, that shouldn't be offensive, thats the PC way of saying fuck off.

That would be correct for a normal person, but not for volder the self-proclaimed whale investor and inside trader with moderator powers... well you learned your lesson Smiley

There are a couple of other resellers that you should probably stay away when you get back, forgot their names, but I think you know who I'm talking about.

I don't plan on going back. I have too many other things to focus on, no need to waste my time battling with cult members, I have done that enough in my life with the hardcore religious crazies.
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 09:49:45 PM

Really? Please show me where I offended the mods in the first post? I did kindly ask volder to let the adults get some work done if he couldn't answer my questions, that shouldn't be offensive, thats the PC way of saying fuck off.
I also did reply to someone trolling with something that could be deemed offensive if you were a toddler. Its obvious that the people I was engaged in over there can't handle the use of comparisons and examples in an attempt to make a point. If I said a squash is kind of like a pumpkin, they would think I was calling them a pumpkin.

So I went there to find the post and it looks like it wasn't you who wrote the first one, my mistake. It was crashoveride54902 who wrote: boy i bet their mods work overtime hushing everyone up
So this is what I meant by offending the mods in first post.

And this is how you kindly asked a mod to leave: please buzz the hell off and let the adults get some work done

Sounds right. I have said harsher things to managers when I used to work for someone else. But honestly, crashes post wasn't offensive at all. The correct response by the mods if they felt that statement was wrong would have been to just leave the thread be and see where it goes.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 09:53:17 PM

Because josh has no clue what he is doing. His original business was providing wireless service to under serviced communities, IE out in the middle of nowhere. Designing/Building/Installing a wireless tower and running the backend servers to support those towers are nothing like crypto.

Well if that's the case then he should be handing this off to his highly trained businessmen, and sarcastic as it may sound it's the proper way of dealing with a rapidly growing business. Owner-CEO with poor communication skills - explosive. But frankly I think he's just blowing a bubble, it's a family business with some friends perhaps, and nowhere near the scale its PR would lead you to believe. $8 million for a snazzy website and the millionaire ex-owner is still answering support tickets Smiley. Some say that's personal touch, but it's just business incompetence and failure to delegate, if you are taking in 1/2 mil a day and are so much smarter than everyone else in crypto industry.
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 10:04:47 PM

Well if that's the case then he should be handing this off to his highly trained businessmen, and sarcastic as it may sound it's the proper way of dealing with a rapidly growing business. Owner-CEO with poor communication skills - explosive. But frankly I think he's just blowing a bubble, it's a family business with some friends perhaps, and nowhere near the scale its PR would lead you to believe. $8 million for a snazzy website and the millionaire ex-owner is still answering support tickets Smiley. Some say that's personal touch, but it's just business incompetence and failure to delegate, if you are taking in 1/2 mil a day and are so much smarter than everyone else in crypto industry.

This is one of things that have run through my head as well. If you frequent the t-mobile forums you won't John Legere posting on there with the frequency josh does, if hes on there at all. Again, this is why its so difficult to declare gaw/zen/hashlets a definitely a scam/ponzi/etc.
Its possible that the hashlets are a ponzi with the intent of them being backed by hardware if/when they can.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 10:26:10 PM
Last edit: November 27, 2020, 11:45:41 PM by suchmoon

I wish I had taken a screenshot of champions yesterday. I looks like they had it completely bungled. Hashlet top 10 had 100+ GH/s between them. Now a new list is showing, different names, much lower numbers...

Edited 2020-11-27 to fix a broken image
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 223 »
  Print  

Jump to: