Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:08:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 223 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW ZenCloud ZenPool Hashlet - does it really exist? ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :-)  (Read 262834 times)
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 06:11:11 AM

Slowly we are starting to get a picture of what these Hashlets are. Personally I don’t have a problem with virtual mining as I have done very well with B.Mine, B.Sell and B.Exch on HavelockInvestments.   I haven’t done well with real mining.   

I think the trouble I'm having with this comparison is that unlike BDD (B.MINE/SELL) - which are purely theoretical concepts, very well explained, fully funded, and sold without any gimmicks, essentially allowing you to bet for or against difficulty increases - GAW hashlets are so messed up that it's impossible to gauge the risk. Judging by their marketing this is deliberate ("grandma approved") and there is also some indication that GAW themselves may have a very weak handle on all of this (huge price swings, fumbling explanations, bizarre pool-based branding etc).

Besides Prime was supposed to be this genius idea to change the mining industry forever. If it's just "like CEX" or "like BDD" or "some mysterious entity renting most of our hashrate" then I'm failing to see the change.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 06:16:46 AM

Project Manager
ZenMiner
June 2014 – Present (3 months)...

June + 3 months = to August 2014 ...completely as of today ...seems like UP to DATE...

FACTS...even gods are silent, buddy...DON"T argue any more, please...Just accept them...

Ponzi...Maddoff...Josh/GAW's "Hashlets"... OR buy MORE of them..."Make MONEY"...Good luck... Wink

Cheers,

ZiG

The "3 months" part is automatically generated by the website based on current date, you don't think everybody on Linkedin update their profile every month do you? Don't read to much into it. He probably added ZenMiner in June and forgot about it.

Not sure why you're telling me to buy more, but no, thank you.

dyask

Activity: 854
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:17:49 AM

Slowly we are starting to get a picture of what these Hashlets are. Personally I don’t have a problem with virtual mining as I have done very well with B.Mine, B.Sell and B.Exch on HavelockInvestments.   I haven’t done well with real mining.  

I think the trouble I'm having with this comparison is that unlike BDD (B.MINE/SELL) - which are purely theoretical concepts, very well explained, fully funded, and sold without any gimmicks, essentially allowing you to bet for or against difficulty increases - GAW hashlets are so messed up that it's impossible to gauge the risk. Judging by their marketing this is deliberate ("grandma approved") and there is also some indication that GAW themselves may have a very weak handle on all of this (huge price swings, fumbling explanations, bizarre pool-based branding etc).

Besides Prime was supposed to be this genius idea to change the mining industry forever. If it's just "like CEX" or "like BDD" or "some mysterious entity renting most of our hashrate" then I'm failing to see the change.

Well I agree that BDD stuff is very well documented.   That wasn't always the case, it took a some time for everything to get documented well.   Even now most don't seem to read the documentation are often confused by events.    Also BDD is the second generation of that type of virtual mining.  

Time will tell with the Hashlets.   It isn't clearly documented, hence all the guesswork and putting together of information.   On the other hand, it is simple compared to the BDD securities.   There are a few wrinkles like with HashPoints but mostly just let it go.  

In time there should be an easily tradable market for the Hashlets.   That is the key thing that lead me to put a bitcoins into it.    That will make a difference I think.   However the lack of clarity and the fact that the only current way to sell the Hashlets is more like a black market than an exchange style market keeps me from putting very much into them.  That may turn out to be my loss, but it is better to gain a little than to lose a lot.

As far a failing to see the change, there has been a lot of change in the Hashlets even since this thread was started.   It might be headed to some kind of cross between CEX and BDD.   However some of the talk is just marketing fluff too. 
Flep182
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:27:18 AM

I've been thinking. One business that could be buying hash capacity is sim unlock shops. A lot of Nokia's simlocks can be cracked by brute force doing SHA-256 calculations. So far it has been done mostly by GPU's but there are companies that offer very low prices for unlocks online which can't be profitable with GPU's. I've got a few obsolete BFL Jalapeno's that I'm going to bring to a friend of mine who is in that business. He's going to try to run those SHA256 hashes on these machines. SHA-256 has been implemented in a lot of other different applications, might very well be that they don't use their Bitcoin miners for solely bitcoin but also for other stuff. Just a brain fart, but wanted to share the idea.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 07:43:08 AM

I've been thinking. One business that could be buying hash capacity is sim unlock shops. A lot of Nokia's simlocks can be cracked by brute force doing SHA-256 calculations. So far it has been done mostly by GPU's but there are companies that offer very low prices for unlocks online which can't be profitable with GPU's. I've got a few obsolete BFL Jalapeno's that I'm going to bring to a friend of mine who is in that business. He's going to try to run those SHA256 hashes on these machines. SHA-256 has been implemented in a lot of other different applications, might very well be that they don't use their Bitcoin miners for solely bitcoin but also for other stuff. Just a brain fart, but wanted to share the idea.

Nokia? What's that?  Grin

Yeah I'm sure there could be a use for brute forcing something SHA256-based, maybe even more obscure algos like Scrypt as well, but it's hard to imagine that there is a legitimate market to the tune of 100-200 BTC per day. And isn't SIM unlock illegal in the US nowadays?

"A" for the effort though Smiley
Flep182
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:01:20 AM

Nokia? What's that?  Grin

Yeah I'm sure there could be a use for brute forcing something SHA256-based, maybe even more obscure algos like Scrypt as well, but it's hard to imagine that there is a legitimate market to the tune of 100-200 BTC per day. And isn't SIM unlock illegal in the US nowadays?

"A" for the effort though Smiley

In the land of the free it's most probably forbidden Wink
In Europe it's legal in most countries, or at least legal if you don't break the encryption in that country. So buying a code that has been generated elsewhere is fine. Thing is that with 2 GPU's it takes between an hour and a day to crack a simple 20 euro phone. That friend sometimes gets batches of a thousand to unlock. Not worth if on GPU's only. Would easily take a month or so with a small farm, so even if it's a bit more expensive then what he would generate in BTC with the same hardware he would go for it in a split second. I wouldn't be surprised with for example 30.000 simple Nokia's that are sold daily with a simlock about half would at one point end up renting capacity somewhere if you could make it work Smiley

Especially SHA-256 is used widely. I'll ask him about his ideas about it. On the other hand, if someone wants to figure out stuff through payouts on my two hosted S3's blockchainwise I can supply a range of 8-9 payouts with tx info and such. Since they "should" be mining straight BTC.

I don't see much options to put Scrypt to work on other options than cryptocurrency.
chrissibel

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Got Crypto?

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:12:39 AM

Smells very much like a Ponzi scam
dyask

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 11:20:38 AM

Because it is and they need to be shut down.
So how did you lose $15,000 to GAWMiners?
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 11:51:45 AM

Just like you are a spammer and a sockpuppet and need to be banned.

The only thing this faker lost is the ability to tell the truth.

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
dyask

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 12:26:51 PM

I had $15,000 worth of hardware with them and I started asking questions and posting various proof on hashtalk and they locked my account and banned me.
I therefore gave the proof to the feds and I'm waiting until something happens.

Hmmm ... sounds like that is just a small part of the story.   It doesn't ring true.

I'm assuming your hardware was hosted.   If that is the case and they closed your account I'm sure they would ship your hardware to you.   A phone call might be needed.   
alienesb

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 12:36:06 PM

I had $15,000 worth of hardware with them and I started asking questions and posting various proof on hashtalk and they locked my account and banned me.

Riiiight. You're full of crap.
ThePhwner

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

something something Bitcoin

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 12:57:33 PM

I bought Hashlets last Monday, never received the codes. Since then I've been in some awful support loop with claims of manually verifying payments, and nothing. Several phone calls during business hours, and nothing. Of course during this time, Hashlets first sold out, then were completely revamped with promises of new features, and much more. I'd love it if someone would admit they were sold out and refund my LTC.

Well as of now, I am less concerned about the new features, and more interested in receiving the instant activation product I bought 6 days ago and paid for in full.

I guess part of me is much less patient having been through these issues before with Gaw, and hearing about them from so many miners. So what can I say about Hashlets?

-over 100% price increase in the initial good since launch
-failure to deliver purchased goods
-failure to deliver features when promised
-failure to make sure all the Hashlet icons on the website are even the same size

Fortunately GawMiners is headquartered in CT, so there's always the option of Better Business Bureau complaints. Hey maybe Gaw can make good on this, but right now, I'm less than impressed.

Hand-carved Bitcoin stamps for sale: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1247131
2 for $25 including shipping
flapflap

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 01:22:21 PM

I did kindly ask volder to let the adults get some work done if he couldn't answer my questions, that shouldn't be offensive, thats the PC way of saying fuck off.

That would be correct for a normal person, but not for volder the self-proclaimed whale investor and inside trader with moderator powers... well you learned your lesson Smiley

There are a couple of other resellers that you should probably stay away when you get back, forgot their names, but I think you know who I'm talking about.

I think Volder made a nice profit, He had a buy thread taking any sellers at 16.

Then he sold to new buyers after the price increase for 19.50.

He claimed these were new, straight from Zen, but I sold a few hashlets I had and when my buyer got then, he got activation codes just as you would with a brand new one Smiley
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 01:41:42 PM

He has fed friends, beware, and he took those 15k straight out of his butthole.

██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
flapflap

Activity: 48

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 01:58:36 PM

He has fed friends, beware, and he took those 15k straight out of his butthole.

http://www.troll.me/images/pissed-off-obama/you-are-a-liar.jpg

If he can [produce 1000's from his butthole, you might want to become his friend  Smiley
FlexHash

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 02:55:40 PM

The hashlets are probably backed by the vaultbreakers assuming they are real.

Do you have any IT, programming, hardware knowledge/experience at all? Have you run hardware miners yourself? Have you built/repaired pcs/laptops from scratch? Did you read my entire post? There is plenty of gaw hardware in the wild, again, I am running 2 at the moment while sorting out an rma issue on the third. Considering the money they likely made on their first generation of mining hardware I find it difficult to dismiss the vaultbreaker as a phantom. I also find it curious that they only offered 2 batches of vaultbreakers. Its likely that the whole "prime" thing evolved sometime during the design of the vaultbreakers as a way to take things to a new level.

I am amazed how GAW managed to brainwash you.  With all those experiences, your conclusion is that 750MH vaultbreaker is real??  
" There is plenty of gaw hardware in the wild"  No, there is none! Those GAW branded miners are all ZEUS. GAW cannot even make a single miner, not to mention ASIC chips.

I don't care how many PCs you have repaired, nor how many miners have GAW sold, making an ASIC chip (way better than any of those existing miners even the 28nm A2 chips) is not easy.
As I said earlier, it is difficult, expensive and time consuming.  
where can they actually make the chip?    20nm TSMC?  14nm SAMSUNG?  or GLOBALFOUNDRIES?  They all have different issues, especially low capacity.

You already noticed GAW don't want to talk about the vaultbreaker any more.  Why?

s1gs3gv is this you???

After the thousands of words I have posted on this subject you honestly think I am brainwashed? Its clear you have no clue just how many design and fabrication houses there are worldwide. You obviously also have no clue about this subject
Do I need to do your homework for you and find a list of chip design firms?

Here you go
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_integrated_circuit_manufacturers

http://electroiq.com/blog/2012/04/top-25-fabless-ic-companies-in-2011/

http://www.boogar.com/resources/electronics/fabless_manufacturing.htm

It is indeed expensive and involved to design and produce a chip, but for crypto and to make a tidy profit you don't have to be producing as many chips as intel/ibm/samsung/etc.

Sorry, I am not s1gs3gv nor MemCiD.  But I think we all want to expose GAW and stop their scam.

I have done my homework, not via google but via doing real business. 
You may have setup a few miners, but that does not make you an expert in this industry. We have tens of thousands of miners. We are in partnership with all scrypt ASIC manufacturers (those real ones, with real chips, not just on paper) and some SHA256 ASIC manufacturers. Some of them invited us to co-invest in their next generation of chips. So I think I can say that we do know slightly more that the wiki page you found.

There is no vaultbreaker, not even a prototype. And GAW is not capable of delivering ASIC chips (at least not 20/16/14nm chip, not this year).

rdyoung
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 03:05:56 PM

Do you have any IT, programming, hardware knowledge/experience at all? Have you run hardware miners yourself? Have you built/repaired pcs/laptops from scratch? Did you read my entire post? There is plenty of gaw hardware in the wild, again, I am running 2 at the moment while sorting out an rma issue on the third. Considering the money they likely made on their first generation of mining hardware I find it difficult to dismiss the vaultbreaker as a phantom. I also find it curious that they only offered 2 batches of vaultbreakers. Its likely that the whole "prime" thing evolved sometime during the design of the vaultbreakers as a way to take things to a new level.

I am amazed how GAW managed to brainwash you.  With all those experiences, your conclusion is that 750MH vaultbreaker is real??  
" There is plenty of gaw hardware in the wild"  No, there is none! Those GAW branded miners are all ZEUS. GAW cannot even make a single miner, not to mention ASIC chips.

I don't care how many PCs you have repaired, nor how many miners have GAW sold, making an ASIC chip (way better than any of those existing miners even the 28nm A2 chips) is not easy.
where can they actually make the chip?    20nm TSMC?  14nm SAMSUNG?  or GLOBALFOUNDRIES?  They all have different issues, especially low capacity.

You already noticed GAW don't want to talk about the vaultbreaker any more.  Why?

s1gs3gv is this you???

After the thousands of words I have posted on this subject you honestly think I am brainwashed? Its clear you have no clue just how many design and fabrication houses there are worldwide. You obviously also have no clue about this subject

Here you go

It is indeed expensive and involved to design and produce a chip, but for crypto and to make a tidy profit you don't have to be producing as many chips as intel/ibm/samsung/etc.

Sorry, I am not s1gs3gv nor MemCiD.  But I think we all want to expose GAW and stop their scam.

You may have setup a few miners, but that does not make you an expert in this industry. We have tens of thousands of miners. We are in partnership with all scrypt ASIC manufacturers (those real ones, with real chips, not just on paper) and some SHA256 ASIC manufacturers. Some of them invited us to co-invest in their next generation of chips. So I think I can say that we do know slightly more that the wiki page you found.

There is no vaultbreaker, not even a prototype. And GAW is not capable of delivering ASIC chips (at least not 20/16/14nm chip, not this year).

Its quite possible that the vaultbreakers don't exist yet, BUT, as I have posted before its also possible that the hashlets are a presale so he can fund the hardware that he wants for the prime.

I will repeat, I have a hard time agreeing that the vaultbreakers were a phantom product. There is plenty of gaw branded hardware in the wild, ebay. craigslist, cryptothrift, etc. They all but stopped selling hardware, so its possible that they did this so they could use the hardware they had in stock for this project prime.

As I have said before, my issue is not with whether or not there is hardware, its the lack of poignant and coherent responses to questions I would ask someone running a lemonade stand.
FlexHash

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 03:26:22 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2014, 03:38:16 PM by FlexHash

s1gs3gv is this you???

Here you go

Sorry, I am not s1gs3gv nor MemCiD.  But I think we all want to expose GAW and stop their scam.

Its quite possible that the vaultbreakers don't exist yet, BUT, as I have posted before its also possible that the hashlets are a presale so he can fund the hardware that he wants for the prime.

I will repeat, I have a hard time agreeing that the vaultbreakers were a phantom product. There is plenty of gaw branded hardware in the wild, ebay. craigslist, cryptothrift, etc. They all but stopped selling hardware, so its possible that they did this so they could use the hardware they had in stock for this project prime.

As I have said before, my issue is not with whether or not there is hardware, its the lack of poignant and coherent responses to questions I would ask someone running a lemonade stand.

GAW branded hardware are all from Zeus. GAW does not even have a factory to make PCB. Zeus made those miners for GAW.  However, Josh is not an honest business person, he made promises to Zeus, Innosilicon & Gridseed. They trusted Josh, but then Josh cheated all of them. The relationship went sour.
GAW have not purchased any hardware from any of those ASIC miner manufacturers for some time, including Zeus. That's why GAW no longer sale hardware.

Also, as I said earlier. Even if you add all the miners GAW has bought from those manufacturers together, it's far far less than 230GH/s. If they did sale over $10M worth of hardware miners per month as Josh claimed, they will not have any miners remaining for their own "datacenter"
I am telling you these inside information because I really want to stop their scam so that honest players (real miners, real pools, real farms, real manufactureres) in this market can still survive.

https://flexhash.com/scams/

or  if you prefer a different version:
https://flexhash.com/
bobsav2121

Activity: 317
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 04:01:26 PM

See I told you Mulder and Scully are on the case !!!!!
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 04:16:52 PM

As much as I hate to admit it, Flex has a point somewhere in the middle of this troll hunt. Remember how GAW publicly called out Gridseed back in April? Or how all Gen A troubles were blamed on Zeus/Terry? If that's how they deal with their partners it's much more likely that they pissed off all of their suppliers and were left without hardware than them being able to produce a 28nm miner with specs far beyond any existing 28nm mining hardware in record time and in huge capacities.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 223 »
  Print  

Jump to: