Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:10:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 [385] 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Pictures of your mining rigs!  (Read 1805649 times)
generalt
Legendary

Activity: 1097
Merit: 1021

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 02:24:31 AM

Antminer S1 is still me favorite Antminer.

s1's were great reliable miners , im still partial to the 12 s2's i still have running to this day they have been on 24/7/365 for a long long time , only reapirs on them have been regular cleaning and a few psu fans have needed replaced

that being said all my s1/s2/s3 miners have been the most trouble free miners i have ever had , seems like quality started to take a turn at the s4
I agree with the S2! I had only the 2x front case fans replaced since one of them failed.
I used 2x Arctic F14 PWM and saved 1x original fan as a spare part. I sold it few months ago to a guy in Helsinki.
Here are some pics in memory of my Ant S2 (batch 4) the day before it was sold (click for bigger pictures):

Ant S1 still going strong with the 3D printed frame parts
(I made them for fun and for possible boards of sidehack's community miner project):

I have to put it to sleep again though when I receive my new S9.
It's just pointed as a lottery ticket to the solo.ckpool.

Speaking of S2's here's my rock solid S2.  Notice the uptime.

BTC: 1GENERALrtBAjEv2Ps5cmEW1FADnXh1bCZ

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jstew

Activity: 469
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 03:16:24 AM

Speaking of S2's here's my rock solid S2.  Notice the uptime.

nice
Keir

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 07:00:50 PM

First prototype cases, first batch coming soon.

https://www.upload.ee/image/6129985/DSC_0134.JPG
https://www.upload.ee/image/6129999/DSC_0139.JPG
https://www.upload.ee/image/6130003/DSC_0141.JPG
jstew

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 09:32:39 PM

details plz
italianMiner72

Activity: 910
Merit: 511

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 10:36:23 AM

Just finished the setup process

just a little advice: use fireproof material for your rig rack's

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
MarkAz

Activity: 687

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 03:40:43 AM

Very nice - I see you're a fan of 8020 as well!  Wink  What material are you using for your sides?  I use acrylic but primarily just because I have a laser cutter and it's one of the easiest materials to work with:

One suggestion you might consider - I experimented a fair bit with airflow, and if I'm interpreting things right you're pushing in on the bottom of the front and pulling out on the top of the back.  I tried a similar approach, but it ended up being less efficient, and the best was actually making the push and pull parallel to eachother, and just putting vent slats above the front of the inlet fans, so hot air can't get trapped in there.  If you put the vents above the exhaust, then it tends to short-circuit - but as you can see in my latest builds, I just opted for no back panels at all and use industrial tubeaxial fans.
Keir

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 09:26:37 AM

Very nice - I see you're a fan of 8020 as well!  Wink  What material are you using for your sides?  I use acrylic but primarily just because I have a laser cutter and it's one of the easiest materials to work with:

One suggestion you might consider - I experimented a fair bit with airflow, and if I'm interpreting things right you're pushing in on the bottom of the front and pulling out on the top of the back.  I tried a similar approach, but it ended up being less efficient, and the best was actually making the push and pull parallel to eachother, and just putting vent slats above the front of the inlet fans, so hot air can't get trapped in there.  If you put the vents above the exhaust, then it tends to short-circuit - but as you can see in my latest builds, I just opted for no back panels at all and use industrial tubeaxial fans.

Panels are laser cut from galvanized steel, exterior is powder painted, I've used intake/exhaust fans on same height before but it used to have problems with hot air trapped above GPU's, current setup is performing much better. I might try slats above intake next time I order laser cut parts.
MarkAz

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 09:51:08 AM

Panels are laser cut from galvanized steel, exterior is powder painted, I've used intake/exhaust fans on same height before but it used to have problems with hot air trapped above GPU's, current setup is performing much better. I might try slats above intake next time I order laser cut parts.

Nice - I wish my laser had enough power to cut steel, but I'm not baller enough to do oxygen assist.  Wink  The slats will definitely solve the problem, I tried a similar design before and had exactly the same problem, that's why I suspected why you mounted the fans the way you did.  Wink  Oh, and you're better off not cutting that spiral pattern out of the metal - not only will it reduce your cut costs dramatically, but I suspect you're loosing 5-10% of your fan performance by having them:

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Effects-of-Grill-Patterns-on-Fan-Performance-Noise-107/

All in all I think you did a great job on your build - definitely one of the most well thought out designs I've seen.
ShopemNL
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2016, 10:38:00 AM

What are these plugs in the gpus?

Keir

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 11:05:52 AM

Nice - I wish my laser had enough power to cut steel, but I'm not baller enough to do oxygen assist.  Wink  The slats will definitely solve the problem, I tried a similar design before and had exactly the same problem, that's why I suspected why you mounted the fans the way you did.  Wink  Oh, and you're better off not cutting that spiral pattern out of the metal - not only will it reduce your cut costs dramatically, but I suspect you're loosing 5-10% of your fan performance by having them:

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Effects-of-Grill-Patterns-on-Fan-Performance-Noise-107/

All in all I think you did a great job on your build - definitely one of the most well thought out designs I've seen.

Laser is not mine of course it's an industrial machine. I've seen that study about grill patterns and the one I've chosen is a trade off between performance and cut costs. I would prefer wire grills but I haven't found one for that fan size at reasonable cost, yet I want to have something in front of them.
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 11:24:32 AM

are these for sale?

5 x GPU rigs x 2 per chassis?

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
MarkAz

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 03:29:43 PM

HDMI dummy plugs - it makes them think they're plugged into monitors.  On Windows at least I haven't found a way to get the 470's to reliably report temp or keep fan speed without them.  Nvidia cards work fine.

Laser is not mine of course it's an industrial machine. I've seen that study about grill patterns and the one I've chosen is a trade off between performance and cut costs. I would prefer wire grills but I haven't found one for that fan size at reasonable cost, yet I want to have something in front of them.

heheh, my fan's are WAY more dangerous, and I don't bother putting anything in front of them (aluminum blades)... If you don't know to not put your finger near them, then you can make that mistake 9 more times.  Wink  I don't know the exact size of the fans you're using, but there are universal grills like this one:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3pcs-Metal-Protective-Cover-150mm-DC-AC-Cooling-Ventilation-PC-Fan-Grille-15cm-Dust-Filter/32555020718.html?spm=2114.40010308.4.49.ALtfMo

Notice that instead of screw holes they have channels, so they can fit basically any size fine that matches their dimensions.  I've seen these all over, and it's the same thing even available for my fan (at 254mm).

Keir

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 08:56:16 PM

are these for sale?

5 x GPU rigs x 2 per chassis?

Yes these can be bought, but final price is not completely certain yet, current estimate is around 310€.

I've got a batch of 8 cases in production, there's some changes compared to the prototypes. First 4 were 2x5 GPU rigs, next ones will have 2x6 GPU's. 7 should be possible with newer cards that have lower power consumption.

MarkAz - Thanks I'll check those grills out, mine are 230mm low rpm plastic fans, I've lost quite few fan blades instead of fingers by accident Tongue
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 02:29:00 AM

HDMI dummy plugs - it makes them think they're plugged into monitors.  On Windows at least I haven't found a way to get the 470's to reliably report temp or keep fan speed without them.  Nvidia cards work fine.

Do those work for remote access screen resolution issues?  I notice that I have screen resolution issues when I remotely access the miner if I don't have a monitor plugged into at least one graphics card, and that is true for both RDP and teamviewer.  Windows wants to default to something like 800x600 when it thinks it can't detect a monitor - also have display issues with MSI afterburner in remote access sessions which is what I think you are referring to.  I can sometimes use DVI plugs for that purpose but they don't always work (depends on the card I guess).  

Also where do you get those?  I see some on amazon but they are pricey.
Brob12321

Activity: 630

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 04:23:14 AM

Antminer S1 is still me favorite Antminer.

s1's were great reliable miners , im still partial to the 12 s2's i still have running to this day they have been on 24/7/365 for a long long time , only reapirs on them have been regular cleaning and a few psu fans have needed replaced

that being said all my s1/s2/s3 miners have been the most trouble free miners i have ever had , seems like quality started to take a turn at the s4

Are you alright with taking the large financial loss of running those miners?
jstew

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 06:43:25 AM

Are you alright with taking the large financial loss of running those miners?

they were on free power, and even the power at my datacenter is super cheap , that being said i finally took down my s2's a few days ago and replaced them with under clocked sp20's , the sp20's came out of my datacenter so i figured i would replace the s2's with them so i can dbl the hashrate at the free power location

as much as i hated to do it ive been stripping down the s2's and parting them out , psus , fans , beagle bones etc , i might hold onto a case or 2 just to see if i can repurpose them for anything , been thinking about seeing if i can stuff them full of s7//s9 blades with an ibm 2880 psu to make a nice rack mount case. but thats not real high up on the last of things to do
MarkAz

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 06:56:11 AM

Do those work for remote access screen resolution issues?  I notice that I have screen resolution issues when I remotely access the miner if I don't have a monitor plugged into at least one graphics card, and that is true for both RDP and teamviewer.  Windows wants to default to something like 800x600 when it thinks it can't detect a monitor - also have display issues with MSI afterburner in remote access sessions which is what I think you are referring to.  I can sometimes use DVI plugs for that purpose but they don't always work (depends on the card I guess).  

Funny, someone just asked me about those yesterday!  Wink

I've used two different dummy plugs:

http://amzn.to/2doy7xV

and

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191567271934?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

TBH I really can't tell the difference between the two - I mostly use the eBay ones because if you buy 20 or more he'll do $11/each, but the Amazon one is Prime so if I f-up and need one I can get it from them fast.

It definitely solved the resolution for VNC, I don't use the other two, so can't speak to it or not.  You really only need one in most cases, in your primary card - I just use the so I can see more stats.
ShopemNL
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2016, 07:46:24 AM

Funny, someone just asked me about those yesterday!  Wink

I've used two different dummy plugs:

http://amzn.to/2doy7xV

and

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191567271934?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

TBH I really can't tell the difference between the two - I mostly use the eBay ones because if you buy 20 or more he'll do $11/each, but the Amazon one is Prime so if I f-up and need one I can get it from them fast.

It definitely solved the resolution for VNC, I don't use the other two, so can't speak to it or not.  You really only need one in most cases, in your primary card - I just use the so I can see more stats.

Primary card i can understand to fix remote access resolution, but why the hell would you doend 6x 15 bucks when u dont need to, how can the shown temps be wrong?

MarkAz

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 11:26:29 AM

Primary card i can understand to fix remote access resolution, but why the hell would you doend 6x 15 bucks when u dont need to, how can the shown temps be wrong?

On Windows 10 running the latest ATI drivers and RX470's, they don't report their temps to the OS (using OpenHardwareMonitor, but Claymore seems to get them) - but the larger issue is that the fan control doesn't seem to work.  I normally have claymore set to have them at 80%, but I literally will see the fans not spinning, then plug in the dongle and they start spinning.  Plus with the dongle, then the temps show up even if the video output is disabled...  My systems with Nvidia cards have no problem just having the one dongle for the whole system...  For me it's more important to have everything being monitored than save a couple bucks, so I put them on all the cards just to be sure.  If at some point I don't need them, I can easily just use them individually on systems.
king_pin

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2016, 02:07:19 PM

Help to save a persons life with BITCOIN - http://www.bitcoinsaves.org/en/
Pages: « 1 ... 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 [385] 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 »
  Print  

Jump to: