Bitcoin Forum
December 05, 2016, 04:31:58 AM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 [347] 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Pictures of your mining rigs!  (Read 1622190 times)
Searing
Legendary

Activity: 1190

Escrow Service.

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 04:16:55 AM

Just barley put it together for testing. Gonna let it run for 48 hrs , then tie down all the wires, and make it look pro. Ill post more pics then. But for now..here is my KNCminer titans batch 2, total +/- 1800Mhs.

whats with the optional fans on the outside setup...are they a push me or pull me or how exactly ....also what brand etc cost (est about)

my setup is stock curious if I should try to do something like this as well just to see if i'd have some improvement in summer on hash with such fans as well

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 04:33:30 AM

They are in the direction of push to force more air over the heatsink. They are 252CFM fans I bought from newegg. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835706015&cm_re=252_cfm_case_fan-_-35-706-015-_-Product They are very loud, but bring the temps to around a constant 35C - 45C running at 325MHZ. Ive never seen any of them hit 50C . I want to extend the life of these as much as possible. When I put my hand behind one of the cubes the heat feels like a hairdryer on "high". That tells me massive heat is being removed, and heat is the #1 killer of electronics.

Vegas
Mikestang

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 05:44:31 AM

They are in the direction of push to force more air over the heatsink. They are 252CFM fans I bought from newegg. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835706015&cm_re=252_cfm_case_fan-_-35-706-015-_-Product They are very loud, but bring the temps to around a constant 35C - 45C running at 325MHZ. Ive never seen any of them hit 50C . I want to extend the life of these as much as possible. When I put my hand behind one of the cubes the heat feels like a hairdryer on "high". That tells me massive heat is being removed, and heat is the #1 killer of electronics.

Vegas

Very nice setup!  Not like you need the extra heat in Vegas...
Searing
Legendary

Escrow Service.

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 06:01:06 AM

Vegas

heh you are probably right ..and I THINK I have some equiv fans (maybe same type) laying around here someplace (was gonna overclock my old 567gh jupiter from 2014 never got around to it)

but my Titan(s) seem to like to run HOT believe it or not..my hash rate went up...but I take your point...I should probably experiment in that summer is coming

up to this point has been winter here so not really an issue (saved exactly 35 usd net a month off gas heat on the budget plan) they do make dandy space heaters

anyway if you have issues try a titan w/o the added fan(s)

but then again if you have no issues dont' worry about it....just saying ..the KNC Jupiter was WORSE gained 17gh if I kept the room a bit hot ..go figure

I'll see how it goes but truthfully my basement arrangement 60F in bsmt to 88F bsmt (only 2 days  kept windows shut wanted to see how much slack in the system I had)
never got the units to budge.dead on same hash rate to the 0.1mb ...no change...had more issues with power down and back up ..on such outages i gain or lose like 4mh to 5mh depending on the mood of the titans...till the next utility hic up

anyway thanks for the heads up ...never considered such on the cubes may try it out just to extend the life before they are doorstops

(seeings how the difficulty for LTC is the same more or less as it was Nov 2013 when I got my 1st miner....we may just get another 6 months out of these beasts ...more then that if BTC
price would pop up and LTC would go along like yoshi with mario per usual.... and we were back to say 3 buck usd LTC)

toys toys projects projects

again my setup (big ass attic fan with shutters enclosed going in window above dryer as my solution going up soon) and/or your fan solution maybe...

http://lostgonzo.imgur.com/

then again you are in Vegas not Minnesota Smiley I got a few months (bsmt temp is 66F with the miners running and windows in the other part of bsmt open only..no fans yet) Smiley

quakefiend420

Activity: 770

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 08:14:48 AM

My new bastard HEX4M.  Bit of tinkering with some used Cointerra coolers and I managed to clear the SMD components to get the waterblocks mounted properly.  I know it's not going to make any money, but it will be fun to mess about with, anyway! Smiley

Searing
Legendary

Escrow Service.

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 08:18:29 AM

My new bastard HEX4M.  Bit of tinkering with some used Cointerra coolers and I managed to clear the SMD components to get the waterblocks mounted properly.  I know it's not going to make any money, but it will be fun to mess about with, anyway! Smiley

Ack! Borg Collective Ack!

Bananana

Activity: 429

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 01:26:43 PM

Nice, how fast can this think go? Probably going to be really useful when winter comes. Warm your feet!!! Smiley

quakefiend420

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 03:17:53 PM

Nice, how fast can this think go? Probably going to be really useful when winter comes. Warm your feet!!! Smiley

Not sure, but I'm going to find out.  I think 400GH or so.  Can undervolt to 250GHish at .75w.GH, supposedly.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1302

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 03:42:46 PM

Not sure, but I'm going to find out.  I think 400GH or so.  Can undervolt to 250GHish at .75w.GH, supposedly.

Very nice setup.  Please share results.  I have not seen much of this miner before.  Mind if I ask ballpark of cost?

Seems expensive with such a nice cooling system.
quakefiend420

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 04:50:49 PM

My new bastard HEX4M.  Bit of tinkering with some used Cointerra coolers and I managed to clear the SMD components to get the waterblocks mounted properly.  I know it's not going to make any money, but it will be fun to mess about with, anyway! Smiley

Not sure, but I'm going to find out.  I think 400GH or so.  Can undervolt to 250GHish at .75w.GH, supposedly.

Very nice setup.  Please share results.  I have not seen much of this miner before.  Mind if I ask ballpark of cost?

$20 for the miner itself, the rest of the stuff I've used so far I had laying around(I've been mining for a while, you accumulate...stuff).  This is basically just something for me to tinker with.
Jay_Pal
Legendary

Activity: 1331

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 05:56:06 PM

My new bastard HEX4M.  Bit of tinkering with some used Cointerra coolers and I managed to clear the SMD components to get the waterblocks mounted properly.  I know it's not going to make any money, but it will be fun to mess about with, anyway! Smiley

Not sure, but I'm going to find out.  I think 400GH or so.  Can undervolt to 250GHish at .75w.GH, supposedly.

Very nice setup.  Please share results.  I have not seen much of this miner before.  Mind if I ask ballpark of cost?

$20 for the miner itself, the rest of the stuff I've used so far I had laying around(I've been mining for a while, you accumulate...stuff).  This is basically just something for me to tinker with.

Daammmnnn... where do I find those for that price in Europe?! 'sigh'... Smiley

Free Coins - 🍒🍉🌼 Free Game🌼🍉🍒
BEST FAUCET EVER!!! - Don't Panic... - 1G8zjUzeZBfJpeCbz1MLTc6zQHbLm78vKc
JayCrypto

Activity: 28

Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 06:34:24 PM

Aahahahah it's really cheap! Maybe he invested with icos in some project :\
Jay_Pal
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 06:49:21 PM

Very nice setup.  Please share results.  I have not seen much of this miner before.  Mind if I ask ballpark of cost?

$20 for the miner itself, the rest of the stuff I've used so far I had laying around(I've been mining for a while, you accumulate...stuff).  This is basically just something for me to tinker with.

For the money I have, I'd buy 5 in the next week, if they were for that price.
Well, I guess I'll just lay on my bed tonight thinking of them... :p

JayCrypto

Activity: 28

Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 06:52:00 PM

Well, I guess I'll just lay on my bed tonight thinking on them... :p

ahahahah,  now you have to post the photos of your next start!
Jay_Pal
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 06:56:13 PM

Well, I guess I'll just lay on my bed tonight thinking on them... :p

ahahahah,  now you have to post the photos of your next start!

I'd love to take pictures of my dreams... Cheesy

kingcolex
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 08:15:21 PM

$20 for the miner itself, the rest of the stuff I've used so far I had laying around(I've been mining for a while, you accumulate...stuff).  This is basically just something for me to tinker with.

Well, I guess I'll just lay on my bed tonight thinking of them... :p
Really a pain in the ass miner, I had one and sold it but I just had trouble with getting it to work over the flashed tplink, I never did a usb link though.

dmwardjr

Activity: 700

The Few, The Proud, The BTC

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 04:17:06 AM

Got myself AntMiner S5 a month ago. I was surprised how bad cooling solution it has. Loud fan, bad heatsink design and a lot of air not even going through the heatsinks. After a month of playing with it and some 3D printing this is what my small rig currently looks like (just ordered the second S5):

I'm keeping it on the terrace, rain can't reach it and there's plenty of fresh air for the miner to keep it cool. I've put it on the PSU because I noticed it absorbs some vibrations which you could otherwise hear in the room nearby during the night.
It's hashing 1.35-1.4Th/s (clocked at 425MHz), temps of the miner are about 42°C higher than ambient while hashing at that rate. 34°C higher than ambient at default clock. Which means I don't need to fear of hot summer anymore. Grin

Hi Vorta,

Very nice setup.  I like what you have going here...

Do you have the fan on the bottom pulling air up from underneath into the rig and the fan on top pulling air out of the top?

BTC ADDRESS: 1HBSBwbFDg2XQii8cNJGAhLyd2mFS4jbG9
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1008

^ will code for bitcoins

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 06:22:49 AM

Got myself AntMiner S5 a month ago. I was surprised how bad cooling solution it has. Loud fan, bad heatsink design and a lot of air not even going through the heatsinks. After a month of playing with it and some 3D printing this is what my small rig currently looks like (just ordered the second S5):

I'm keeping it on the terrace, rain can't reach it and there's plenty of fresh air for the miner to keep it cool. I've put it on the PSU because I noticed it absorbs some vibrations which you could otherwise hear in the room nearby during the night.
It's hashing 1.35-1.4Th/s (clocked at 425MHz), temps of the miner are about 42°C higher than ambient while hashing at that rate. 34°C higher than ambient at default clock. Which means I don't need to fear of hot summer anymore. Grin

Hi Vorta,

Do you have the fan on the bottom pulling air up from underneath into the rig and the fan on top pulling air out of the top?

Obviously he has. That's the whole idea.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1302

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 06:32:39 AM

Hi Vorta,

Obviously he has. That's the whole idea.

We can tell that the fan's are pushing opposite way's if you look at wiring.  they are working in push pull it would appear letting hot air rise.   
jtoomim

Activity: 555

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 09:43:03 AM

I just made an album for you guys of one of our shelf/rack hybrid pods.

http://imgur.com/a/OgAHz

East side of our Gamma pod. The rack on the far right currently draws 70.5 kW, mostly SP35s. We used to have 73.5 kW in there, but one SP30 customer asked to have their machine shipped out.

The "Pull wire" thing is what we use as a door for access to the hot aisle.

These photos were taken at the Toomim Brothers Bitcoin Mining Concern facility in central Washington. You can visit http://toom.im for more information.

East side of Gamma. Thermal photo using a Seek Thermal camera. The camera is miscalibrated, subtract 5°C from all the numbers to get the accurate values. Ambient temperature was about 18°C inside the datacenter when this photo was taken.

Sorry for the rotated image. My pone has its USB port on the side, and Seek's software doesn't like that. Too lazy to fix it in post-production. Rotate clockwise 90° to correspond to the previous image.

We just finished up this section yesterday. Currently only 12 Antminer S5s in there, but we'll be adding about 35 more soon. Since S5s have a low delta T (about 5°C), we've found that we can put two S5s front-to-back while still keeping the intake temperature for the rear S5 well within limits. Thus, this is a 2x2x3 grid.

The plastic we put up for hot air containment is apparently partially transparent to infrared light. Kinda neat. The solid white panels, on the other hand, are not.

Rotate clockwise 90° to correspond to the previous image.

Hosting bitcoin miners for $75 to $90/kW/month on clean, cheap hydro power.
http://Toom.im
Pages: « 1 ... 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 [347] 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.