Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 06:08:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 ... 263 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLG] Sterlingcoin v1.7 | United Kingdom |  (Read 464070 times)
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 05:26:57 PM

Hi,

I've been reading about SLG and i've got a few questions

1)What is total coinbase= 63,900,000
The total SLG is gonna be 4,000,000 SLG rigth?

2) SLG is not focused anymore in the UK?

Thanks and congratulations for the great job your doing

1) The total coinbase of Sterlingcoin is 63,900,000. PoW is finished ("normal mining") and lasted 4 months, in that time a total ~3.8 million were mined. As of this second there are 3,865,448.922SLG in Circulation. The remaining coinbase of ~60 million is used for the accrued interest on existing and future holdings of Sterlingcoin. The only way to attain Sterlingcoin is to either trade, buy, faucets and earning it through work.

2)SLG is now focused at a world audience. We learnt within the pre-launch period and first few weeks from launching the wallet our audience was spread globally and the interest far outreached the shores of the UK. Also with a development team based in the USA and UK there was no reason to hold the currency back in any way, shape or form.

Out of interest where have you been looking at info about SLG?

Here are some useful links - http://forum.sterlingcoin.org.uk/index.php/topic,2.0.html

1) Now in existance: 3,865,448.922 SLG       5,5% PoS    after X years we arrive to 63,900,000 SLG. Is this correct?

2) I understand your change but you need to undestand that the are thousands of coins focused worldwidely, but just 1 focused in UK.
From the investor side it was an inteligent movement but from marketing point of view IMO it wasnt the best.
Before focusing worldwide you had something that makes you different from the others but now you have lost it. Why would you want to loose what makes you special??

IMO you should keep attracting international investors but the merchants and consumers should be from UK. That's what makes you STERLINGCOIN!!
Another reason is that people has something called nationalism (I'm not talking if you care or you dont care about borders and all that stuff, but the fact is it exist) and they like their national currency, is like their national identity.

Well the origins of Sterlingcoin are the UK but with International use and no limitations. That was always the intention. But people misunderstood this as being exclusively attached to the UK and unobtainable and unusable by anyone outside the UK, which simply isn't and never will be the case.

International use and no limitations.

Ok that's very easy to say, but how many international business are interested in accepting 2000 internationally focused coins??

people misunderstood this as being exclusively attached to the UK and unobtainable and unusable by anyone outside the UK, which simply isn't and never will be the case.

Maybe they just dont understand bitcoin neither

I think SLG should focus on UK merchants and consumers. Your name is sterling. They like the sterling. If they have to choose from 2,000 similar coins they gonna choose a familiar one. UK merchants is the key for UK mass adoption (the people buying SLG they dont want to see that they can buy from 5 international business, they want mass adoption so the price goes up).

This is a competition for mass adoption (UK market is big enougth Smiley ). Dont forget that.

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 05:38:22 PM

Hi,

1) The total coinbase of Sterlingcoin is 63,900,000. PoW is finished ("normal mining") and lasted 4 months, in that time a total ~3.8 million were mined. As of this second there are 3,865,448.922SLG in Circulation. The remaining coinbase of ~60 million is used for the accrued interest on existing and future holdings of Sterlingcoin. The only way to attain Sterlingcoin is to either trade, buy, faucets and earning it through work.

2)SLG is now focused at a world audience. We learnt within the pre-launch period and first few weeks from launching the wallet our audience was spread globally and the interest far outreached the shores of the UK. Also with a development team based in the USA and UK there was no reason to hold the currency back in any way, shape or form.

Here are some useful links - http://forum.sterlingcoin.org.uk/index.php/topic,2.0.html

1) Now in existance: 3,865,448.922 SLG       5,5% PoS    after X years we arrive to 63,900,000 SLG. Is this correct?

2) I understand your change but you need to undestand that the are thousands of coins focused worldwidely, but just 1 focused in UK.
From the investor side it was an inteligent movement but from marketing point of view IMO it wasnt the best.
Before focusing worldwide you had something that makes you different from the others but now you have lost it. Why would you want to loose what makes you special??

IMO you should keep attracting international investors but the merchants and consumers should be from UK. That's what makes you STERLINGCOIN!!
Another reason is that people has something called nationalism (I'm not talking if you care or you dont care about borders and all that stuff, but the fact is it exist) and they like their national currency, is like their national identity.

Well the origins of Sterlingcoin are the UK but with International use and no limitations. That was always the intention. But people misunderstood this as being exclusively attached to the UK and unobtainable and unusable by anyone outside the UK, which simply isn't and never will be the case.

Ok that's very easy to say, but how many international business are interested in accepting 2000 internationally focused coins??

people misunderstood this as being exclusively attached to the UK and unobtainable and unusable by anyone outside the UK, which simply isn't and never will be the case.

I think SLG should focus on UK merchants and consumers. Your name is sterling. They like the sterling. If they have to choose from 2,000 similar coins they gonna choose a familiar one. UK merchants is the key for UK mass adoption (the people buying SLG they dont want to see that they can buy from 5 international business, they want mass adoption so the price goes up).

This is a competition for mass adoption (UK market is big enougth Smiley ). Dont forget that.

Indeed. However, right now, our focus is getting our systems released, mobile wallets working thus enabling the actual spending of the currency much more feasable for "everyday folk". What we also need are a dedicated team of promoters/marketers and maybe even the setting up of a Sterlingcoin Foundation to concentrate efforts and take weight from the shoulders of Steven, Matthew and Spencer.

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 05:57:51 PM

Hi,

Indeed. However, right now, our focus is getting our systems released, mobile wallets working thus enabling the actual spending of the currency much more feasable for "everyday folk". What we also need are a dedicated team of promoters/marketers and maybe even the setting up of a Sterlingcoin Foundation to concentrate efforts and take weight from the shoulders of Steven, Matthew and Spencer.

Sterlingcoin Foundation!! that sounds good!!

BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 06:38:42 PM

Herewith, some photos of the actual cards prior to successful project funding and our main print run.

Official Sterlingcoin Cryptocurrency Card - Front:

Official Sterlingcoin Cryptocurrency Card - Reverse:

The Sterlingcoin Store has some initial stock for anyone that would like to order a card before the end of the funding on StartJOIN.

Cheers! 

The NEW Official Sterlingcoin Cryptocurrency Card is being crowdfunded on StartJOIN

- See: https://www.startjoin.com/sterlingcoin_cc

Pledge $12 (or more with StartCOIN, Bitcoin or PayPal) to receive 1 x Official Sterlingcoin Cryptocurrency Card preloaded with 50 Sterlingcoin SLG. Includes FREE worldwide shipping.

Funding period: Jan 25, 2015 - Feb 25, 2015 (31 days)

You can also purchase the same card from the Sterlingcoin Store both during and after the funding period.

- See: http://sterlingcoin.org.uk/store/product/official-crypto-currency-card/

Thank you for your support and interest in this project !

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
andresm

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 11:31:50 PM

Hi,

1) Now in existance: 3,865,448.922 SLG       5,5% PoS    after X years we arrive to 63,900,000 SLG. Is this correct?

This is a competition for mass adoption (UK market is big enougth:) ). Dont forget that.

You have some really valid points there. I think this matter should be given some further thought as it is extremely important from a marketing perspective.
Also, I like the idea of a Sterlingcoin Foundation  Smiley
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 08:17:39 AM

Hi,

1) Now in existance: 3,865,448.922 SLG       5,5% PoS    after X years we arrive to 63,900,000 SLG. Is this correct?

This is a competition for mass adoption (UK market is big enougth:) ). Dont forget that.

You have some really valid points there. I think this matter should be given some further thought as it is extremely important from a marketing perspective.
Also, I like the idea of a Sterlingcoin Foundation  Smiley

Thanks!!  Smiley I just want the best for Sterlingcoin. I think the team is making an awesome job developing the SLG ecosystem ( Store, Paper wallets, Bitcoin invoices with SLG, Mobile Wallets, Ledger Wallet) and with the marketing (Social Media, Startjoin projects) but IMHO it lacks segmentation. Only that!!  Smiley Smiley
will7am
Legendary

Activity: 973

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 03:15:10 PM

I think concentrating on the British market is the way forward, since this is where Sterlingcoin will gain most traction.  But let's not forget that the UK has around 30 million international visitors per year also.  So there needs to be a healthy balance of both.

Also, the "Official Sterlingcoin Cryptocurrency Cards" look amazing, well done guys! Smiley

BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 04:11:56 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2015, 02:46:00 PM by BitcoinFX

I think concentrating on the British market is the way forward, since this is where Sterlingcoin will gain most traction.  But let's not forget that the UK has around 30 million international visitors per year also.  So there needs to be a healthy balance of both.

Also, the "Official Sterlingcoin Cryptocurrency Cards" look amazing, well done guys! Smiley

Re: "Official Sterlingcoin Cryptocurrency Cards" Thanks!   Smiley

- Indeed. Sterlingcoin (seen as a brand) already has a very strong international identity moving forward.

For example, Sterling silver is a well known standard throughout the world https://wikipedia.org/wiki/Sterling_silver and the UK currency as Pound Sterling (GBP) https://wikipedia.org/wiki/Pound_sterling is officially widely used outside of the United Kingdom in the Falkland Islands, Gibraltar (alongside Gibraltar pound), Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, British Indian Ocean Territory, Guernsey (local issue: Guernsey pound), Isle of Man (local issue: Manx pound), Jersey (local issue: Jersey pound) and even the British Antarctic Territory.

Sterling (as a currency) is also very familiar with 'unofficial' users within some African nations, being mainly Uganda, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Rwanda, Malawi and Botswana.

Also see: https://wikipedia.org/wiki/Sterling_area - "The sterling area, or sterling bloc was a group of countries that either pegged their currencies to the pound sterling, or actually used the pound as their own currency..." which includes a list of over 70+ independent countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, oversees territories and protectorates etc.

Thus, the notion of a Sterlingcoin albeit physical, digital, crypto or otherwise is already truly international and identifiable well beyond a UK market place.

Cryptocurrency is ofc open to all and remains usable by anyone and everyone on a world wide basis, having an origin or source is no bad thing though.

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 08:26:30 PM

4 Sterlingcoin Premier Edition Crypto Currency Cards now listed on eBay.

- http://forum.sterlingcoin.org.uk/index.php/topic,134.msg330.html#msg330

Cool

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 10:09:12 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2015, 11:44:22 PM by Sterlingcoin

We launched with the tagline "The Cryptocurrency of the UK & British Isles" as this is where the Project Lead Spencer Lievens lived and was the person who came up with the initial name and concept. The important word in the tagline is "of", as this is referring to its origin, whereas if Sterlingcoin was exclusively used in the UK & British Isles, the tagline would of read "The Cryptocurrency for the UK & British Isles", "The UK & British Isles Cryptocurrency" or similar.

Prior to releasing the wallets we saw a large International appeal online, North Americans were associating the currency with Silver and whether we had pegged the price against the price of Silver or not (something which continues to be discussed by North American community members). Also from the point we released the wallets and saw the application locations on the Spacedrop and number of registrations on the mining pool we knew we couldn't just limit this currency to be only used with merchants and services within the UK & British Isles.

Steven Saxton and Matthew Langdon are both based in North America and work full-time on Sterlingcoin and once our Roadmap has its most complex systems built, they can concentrate their efforts towards merchant/service adoption on that side of the pond. Matthew Langdon is the man who has done all the hard work, with the pool, transaction explorer, API, online wallet system and with Steve on the Spacedrop payout script. Matthew is currently working on the Multipool and API edits for the Ledger Wallet + more. Steven Saxton has also been invaluable with the Faucet and Spacedrop creation, Forum, Store and working alongside Spencer Lievens with the website and social media online.

What we need to concentrate on is releasing all our systems, continue to build the community, form a foundation, create a marketing/promotion team and continue on the path we set out on and continue to walk.

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
syyyn

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2015, 12:42:08 AM

I think concentrating on the British market is the way forward, since this is where Sterlingcoin will gain most traction.  But let's not forget that the UK has around 30 million international visitors per year also.  So there needs to be a healthy balance of both.

Concentrating on the British market is the problem.  This coin was viewed as a British only coin when it first was coming about.  We need more people in other countries jumping on.  This is not a British only coin.  So that being said, this needs to be pushed on ALL markets not just internally.
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 02:08:13 AM

Concentrating on the British market is the problem.  This coin was viewed as a British only coin when it first was coming about.  We need more people in other countries jumping on.  This is not a British only coin.  So that being said, this needs to be pushed on ALL markets not just internally.

Dude you've got 2,000 coins with the same strategy. Can you tell me why focusing on British market is the problem? You know there are other coins for some countries, rigth?
For example, Spain. You've got two coins focused on Spain. Spaincoin and Pesetacoin (the coin it was before the euro).
Can you tell why the heck someone from Spain is gonna prefer your coin (named Sterlingcoin, like the British coin) before the other ones focused in their country??
You need to focus in your market!!!

(Everybody can hold, use and accept SLG worldwide, that's clear, cos if not you've got a problem understanding cryptos)
CryptoCanary
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1006

Canary in the crypto mine!

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 02:10:45 AM

I think concentrating on the British market is the way forward, since this is where Sterlingcoin will gain most traction.  But let's not forget that the UK has around 30 million international visitors per year also.  So there needs to be a healthy balance of both.

Concentrating on the British market is the problem.  This coin was viewed as a British only coin when it first was coming about.  We need more people in other countries jumping on.  This is not a British only coin.  So that being said, this needs to be pushed on ALL markets not just internally.

Even prior to our airdrop evolving into our spacedrop, I have always pushed for Sterlingcoin as the cryptocurrency from the UK, not just for or of the UK. Wink

KEwwin

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 02:32:19 AM

Prior to releasing the wallets we saw a large International appeal online, North Americans were associating the currency with Silver and whether we had pegged the price against the price of Silver or not (something which continues to be discussed by North American community members).
i do not know much about pegging, but would it be theoretically possible to do something like that?
syyyn

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2015, 03:10:30 AM

Dude you've got 2,000 coins with the same strategy. Can you tell me why focusing on British market is the problem? You know there are other coins for some countries, rigth?
For example, Spain. You've got two coins focused on Spain. Spaincoin and Pesetacoin (the coin it was before the euro).
Can you tell why the heck someone from Spain is gonna prefer your coin (named Sterlingcoin, like the British coin) before the other ones focused in their country??

(Everybody can hold, use and accept SLG worldwide, that's clear, cos if not you've got a problem understanding cryptos)

Focusing on only the British market will mean less merchants.  I'm not a fan of country coins.  If we are to push Sterlingcoin in only one market area then what's the point of doing Sterlingcoin at all.  I'm sorry but I am from the US and will be pushing this here as well.  I've invested 6 months + of my time into this and it's not going to be just concentrated on the UK.
syyyn

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2015, 09:14:44 AM

The transactions explorer address search function will be fixed this week.  Also a API similar to chain.com's API is in development and should be done this week as well. The multipool is still being worked on and tested on my end. I will have registrations open very soon for testing.  I have received many private message with support for the multipool testing and will be getting back to you shortly.
24core

Activity: 582
Merit: 250

An Impressive Purely Anonymous Currency.

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2015, 09:26:19 AM

Focusing on only the British market will mean less merchants.  I'm not a fan of country coins.  If we are to push Sterlingcoin in only one market area then what's the point of doing Sterlingcoin at all.  I'm sorry but I am from the US and will be pushing this here as well.  I've invested 6 months + of my time into this and it's not going to be just concentrated on the UK.

This is an interesting debate as a traditional currency is only used in one country (more than one in the EU!).  Through traditional exchanges the value of each country’s currency can be adjusted accordingly.  The key is that this model exists to balance the real value of a countries currency.  Please note this is a simplified version of all the complexities.  We do not have a single market yet!

Now along comes cryptocurrencies that can be used in any country.  They are striving for wide adoption to be the future payment of choice.  Blah blah..

So who is going to set the exchange rate in a country, the merchants or the coin? This problem aside would you want to use a coin with another country name on it?  Look at all the trouble we have had in Europe with the Euro adoption.

I chose Sterling coin as I believe we will need country coins, in the short term, and exchanges that will be linked to real country valuations.  Back to my original point not all countries are equal!

You cannot flatten the values of all the countries in the world with cryptocurrencies.

Anyway, as keen Sterling follower can you please answer the following:-

What problem are you trying to solve?
   What is your strategy to solve this?
        What actions are you planning in the next three months to follow this strategy ?

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2015, 10:03:25 AM

This is an interesting debate as a traditional currency is only used in one country (more than one in the EU!).  Through traditional exchanges the value of each country’s currency can be adjusted accordingly.  The key is that this model exists to balance the real value of a countries currency.  Please note this is a simplified version of all the complexities.  We do not have a single market yet!

Now along comes cryptocurrencies that can be used in any country.  They are striving for wide adoption to be the future payment of choice.  Blah blah..

So who is going to set the exchange rate in a country, the merchants or the coin? This problem aside would you want to use a coin with another country name on it?  Look at all the trouble we have had in Europe with the Euro adoption.

I chose Sterling coin as I believe we will need country coins, in the short term, and exchanges that will be linked to real country valuations.  Back to my original point not all countries are equal!

You cannot flatten the values of all the countries in the world with cryptocurrencies.

What actions are you planning in the next three months to follow this strategy ?

Everyone has got opinions, questions and we are sure you want answers from us. Because of this we feel it best to hold a Q&A/Community meeting to go over all these valid points being made and answer any questions you may have. Can everyone let us know when is best for them time wise, we were thinking we could possibly do a meetup tonight on Google+ or Skype.

Rw13enlib88
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 11:00:16 AM

I'm glad to see you're so commited with the project.  Smiley

Ok, we agree our target is to get as more merchants as possible. I think our different points of view come from how we see it's gonna be developed the crypto world. I explain myself.

I suppose you see it as: One world, one coin (please correct me if I'm wrong)

And I see it closer to: One sector / city / town, one coin (In my opinion we'll see coins focused in some especific markets, and other ones focused in proximity (town, city, country)(Maybe sectorcoins for B2B transactions and proximity coins for B2C and P2P).

From an historic point of view, we've seen till now that every country who has the power to create their own coins they've done it. Now we're developing a technology that will allow 7.000.000.000 people to launch their own coin. I dont think we are going to "One world, one coin" philosophy

The target is to have more merchants than if we focus globally.

Agreed on merchants.

The exchange rate will be given by the market. This is free market and nothing more than the Demand and Offers work. The coin value is not linked to the country's real economy. It's linked to how useful is your coin (more useful and marketing, more people interested, more demand, price goes up).
But it's not gonna be the same a country with 3million inhabitants or a country with a 64 million potential consumers of your coin (Remember you need to sell your coin = explain why it's better than the other ones)
thedok

Activity: 228

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 11:34:12 AM

Prior to releasing the wallets we saw a large International appeal online, North Americans were associating the currency with Silver and whether we had pegged the price against the price of Silver or not (something which continues to be discussed by North American community members).
i do not know much about pegging, but would it be theoretically possible to do something like that?

Theoretically, yes. But we'd need a reserve = centralization Shocked= a single point of failure Cry= fuck that Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 ... 263 »
  Print  

Jump to: