Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 05:33:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 [226] 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLG] Sterlingcoin v1.7 | United Kingdom |  (Read 464070 times)
micle222

Activity: 784
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 06:03:25 AM

Until when do I have to wait for the success of this coin Huh
STERLING SENTINEL

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

"The Best of British!" Sterlingcoin (SLG)

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2016, 06:25:36 PM

How long are you prepared to wait for the success of any coin?

Which altcoin has actually succeeded up to this point in time?   None!

N.O.N.E.

Yes, some are doing relatively well, in terms of unit price or capitalisation.  But they have not succeeded, in the sense that they have not achieved anything approaching widespread adoption.  That status is reserved exclusively to Bitcoin.

At least for now.

It took BTC several years before it achieved any significant measure of support.  It will take a few years of life before any altcoin achieves the same.

This fact applies even to famous names like Ether, Dash, and any others you care to mention.

Auroracoin has been around for over two years now and has not yet achieved penetration in Iceland, its target market (of only 330,000), but it is on target to do so sometime during the course of 2017 (in my humble opinion).

Scotcoin has been pushed hard by its Tartan Army of supporters and is only slowly making headway, but it will get there.

You get the picture......

These things take time.  In cryptoland, fortune does not favour the brave.

It favours the patient.

Stake and hold.

Stake and hold.

Sterling Sentinel.

★ Sterlingcoin ★ REGNUM UNITUM ET ORBIS TERRARUM ★ Sterlingcoin ★
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 12:57:13 AM

how are you helping this coin to be successful?
STERLING SENTINEL

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2016, 11:10:21 AM

how are you helping this coin to be successful?

Yes, that is an excellent point, and one which cannot be made too often.  I should have made it myself; it was remiss of me not to.  Roll Eyes

Anyway, the point is that simply twiddling your thumbs and waiting for a good outcome will not cut it.  We all have to play our part.  That's why it's called a community; we are all dependent on each other's efforts.

I have made my own modest efforts over the last 6 months or so, and I am aware that others have too.

We ALL have a part to play in SLG's eventual success.  Wink

Rols

Activity: 636
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 08:54:28 PM

Hi,

I've been reading about SLG and i've got a few questions

1)What is total coinbase= 63,900,000
The total SLG is gonna be 4,000,000 SLG rigth?

2) SLG is not focused anymore in the UK?

Thanks and congratulations for the great job your doing

1) The total coinbase of Sterlingcoin is 63,900,000. PoW is finished ("normal mining") and lasted 4 months, in that time a total ~3.8 million were mined. As of this second there are 3,865,448.922SLG in Circulation. The remaining coinbase of ~60 million is used for the accrued interest on existing and future holdings of Sterlingcoin. The only way to attain Sterlingcoin is to either trade, buy, faucets and earning it through work.

2)SLG is now focused at a world audience. We learnt within the pre-launch period and first few weeks from launching the wallet our audience was spread globally and the interest far outreached the shores of the UK. Also with a development team based in the USA and UK there was no reason to hold the currency back in any way, shape or form.

Out of interest where have you been looking at info about SLG?

Here are some useful links - http://forum.sterlingcoin.org.uk/index.php/topic,2.0.html

Here is a better quote and its from the devs. And it was Rw13enlib88 that asked the questions but its some time ago so he maybe forgot about it.
Rols

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 07:13:38 AM

Marketcap is down to 38 BTC.  With 4 million coins and compared to other coins this is low. Devs are activ on the Silk coin and with low buy support  it can go lower. It started good but now its in waiting state.
westloin

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 07:54:28 AM

... but is 4 million the true number? Shouldn't the coins in Cryptsy's wallet be excluded.
I had 188k that I'll never see again and I'm assuming a few others had a significant amount as well.
Cryptsy's SLG coins are in a wallet that's never going to be used again.
I'd say the true total is between 3.2 and 3.5 mil.
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 01:46:14 PM

... but is 4 million the true number? Shouldn't the coins in Cryptsy's wallet be excluded.
I had 188k that I'll never see again and I'm assuming a few others had a significant amount as well.

Lost coins make the other coins more valuable.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

Rw13enlib88
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 03:46:32 PM

Hi,

1) The total coinbase of Sterlingcoin is 63,900,000. PoW is finished ("normal mining") and lasted 4 months, in that time a total ~3.8 million were mined. As of this second there are 3,865,448.922SLG in Circulation. The remaining coinbase of ~60 million is used for the accrued interest on existing and future holdings of Sterlingcoin. The only way to attain Sterlingcoin is to either trade, buy, faucets and earning it through work.

2)SLG is now focused at a world audience. We learnt within the pre-launch period and first few weeks from launching the wallet our audience was spread globally and the interest far outreached the shores of the UK. Also with a development team based in the USA and UK there was no reason to hold the currency back in any way, shape or form.

Here are some useful links - http://forum.sterlingcoin.org.uk/index.php/topic,2.0.html

Here is a better quote and its from the devs. And it was Rw13enlib88 that asked the questions but its some time ago so he maybe forgot about it.

Maybe you forgot to quote the rest of the post...

Niche: UK

Fucking undestand it. Not for focusing in a wider audience will make the price go up.
In fact, the unique special thing of SLG is that is focused in UK.
If you dont understand this, learn the basic concepts of marketing or just talk about what you know.

Marketcap is down to 38 BTC.  With 4 million coins and compared to other coins this is low. Devs are activ on the Silk coin and with low buy support  it can go lower. It started good but now its in waiting state.

Dude, stop crying and do something for SLG
Rols

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 07:51:10 AM

Hi,

Fucking undestand it. Not for focusing in a wider audience will make the price go up.
If you dont understand this, learn the basic concepts of marketing or just talk about what you know.

I qouted your question and the answere from devs in whole. Your have a understanding problem or you just want to play retarded. Do something yourself. Buy some coins or shut up yourself. I have no problem with keeping my coins. I dont support this coin anymore because they are not working on it. They put all their efforts on silk and darksilk coin. Dont buy coins if you dont can afford to lose all the value of them. And when you ask questions, do remember the answeres. It would be easier for all of us.
Rols

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 08:21:02 AM

Coins at cryptsy could be recovered in the future. There were another problem with Cryptsy and that was they were trading coins on a fork. I dont think the coins that is "lost" do so much to the price because 4 million coins are not much. Its the lack of work and BTC price that is putting pressure on it. Low price for SLG also means that you need to buy a lot of coins if you  want to shop for them which is not good.
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 09:48:30 AM

Hi,

I qouted your question and the answere from devs in whole. Your have a understanding problem or you just want to play retarded. Do something yourself. Buy some coins or shut up yourself. I have no problem with keeping my coins. I dont support this coin anymore because they are not working on it. They put all their efforts on silk and darksilk coin. Dont buy coins if you dont can afford to lose all the value of them. And when you ask questions, do remember the answeres. It would be easier for all of us.

I'm done repeting the fucking same concept.

Niche

Segmentation

Are you fucking retard or you still dont understand those concepts?

Quote the rest of the conversation I had with devs, where they understand those concepts.

Niche - Segmentation

Your lack of understanding is really scary. Your lack of empathy really is fucking incredible.
I understand you want SLG to be used by all the world.
But you need to think what fucking reason has the world to use your coin...
Wont they prefer to use a coin with their country in it?

btw, saying they are not working is not an excuse for not working on your investment
Rols

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 05:55:46 PM

Hi,

Niche

Segmentation

Quote the rest of the conversation I had with devs, where they understand those concepts.

Niche - Segmentation

Your lack of understanding is really scary. Your lack of empathy really is fucking incredible.

btw, saying they are not working is not an excuse for not working on your investment

I quoted your question and the answer from the devs.  They have already stated before you asked about it, that its a global coin. Dont really care anymore about that. Dont get upset. Put up some buysupport and you will feel much better.  Wink
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 11:10:18 PM

Hi,

Marketcap is down to 38 BTC.  With 4 million coins and compared to other coins this is low. Devs are activ on the Silk coin and with low buy support  it can go lower. It started good but now its in waiting state.

Niche

Segmentation

Niche - Segmentation

I quoted your question and the answer from the devs.  They have already stated before you asked about it, that its a global coin. Dont really care anymore about that. Dont get upset. Put up some buysupport and you will feel much better.  Wink

Dude, I've tried to make you understand 2 concepts of Marketing.

Obviously, you dont want to think about it.

ASK SOMEONE WHO KNOWS ABOUT MARKETING WHAT DOES HE THINK.
THEN COME BACK AND TELL US THE FUCKING ANSWER
I DONT KNOW WHAT IS YOUR BACKGROUND BUT
CLEARLY IT IS NOT LAUNCHING PRODUCTS INTO MARKET
westloin

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 12:15:45 PM

Any word from the devs?
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2016, 04:24:36 PM

Any word from the devs?

Sterlingcoin is a global project, but it will always be the cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles.

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
STERLING SENTINEL

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2016, 06:38:32 PM

Any word from the devs?

Sterlingcoin is a global project, but it will always be the cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles.

Yes, fair enough, but I suspect the questioner was looking for a development update.

Any thoughts yet on when the core code update will proceed, and precisely what form it will take? 

Sterling Sentinel

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2016, 11:30:22 PM

Any word from the devs?

Yes, fair enough, but I suspect the questioner was looking for a development update.

Any thoughts yet on when the core code update will proceed, and precisely what form it will take? 

Sterling Sentinel

I, Steven, will get with Matt and Spencer and see if their schedules have freed up enough so we, or any combination of us, can begin to do so. Their experience will make this goal more obtainable. We can then discuss the form and desired enhancements.

On another note, we recently acquired the Sterlingcoin.org domain. We will start moving away from the .guru domain. Of course, we will retain the sterlingcoin.org.uk domain as we just recently paid that bill as well. I never had the opportunity to explain the .guru domain usage, let me briefly do so now. Prior to and shortly after the launch, because our personal finance situations were better, we grabbed many relevant domains at cheap prices. When the financial woes struck, the .guru domain had the longest time remaining. So we used the .guru hosting as it gave us back a web presence, we had none for a time, and the largest window and biggest already vested bang for the buck (or quid as it might be Wink ).

I will let you know more when I know more from Matt and Spencer.

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2016, 02:42:46 AM

I, Steven, have spoken to Spencer and Matthew and they agree and do want to bring Sterlingcoin back into focus after they and the other Silk Network team members get their projects (DarkSilk, Weaver) completed and launched.

I am not aware of a precise ETA of those projects but do know they are expected in the near future and that team is working very diligently. The upgrade/rebase to Sterlingcoin should start this summer as previously mentioned.

westloin

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 05:12:00 AM

Eagerly awaiting, hope to finally see the coin move forward.
Pages: « 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 [226] 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 »
  Print  

Jump to: